Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. (14555 Views)

List Of Confirmed Smartphones To Receive Android 11 Update / How to create android apps for free using smartphones / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by charlsecy(m): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2017
kay29000:
......I sharply deleted that Facebook messenger app.
So that what would happen?
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by asawanathegreat(m): 7:20am On Nov 22, 2017
Keep listening and we will keep saying our minds on any social media
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by kay29000(m): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2017
charlsecy:
So that what would happen?

That's what's mostly used in monitoring you.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by charlsecy(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2017
kay29000:
That's what's mostly used in monitoring you.
1. Should you be bothered if you're not a criminal (or a terrorist) or share sensitive information?

2. What if the telecoms were monitoring you, would you stop using a phone?
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Diso60090(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2017
handsomeclouds:
Thank God I left that shitbook a long time ago.
Happy to be a nairalander.

Welcome to nairaland boi
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 22, 2017
I prefer secured instant messages like bbm and telegram instead of the one created by mark zuckerberg. Facebook is has lost it long time ago
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by omojeesu(m): 7:29am On Nov 22, 2017
Before before nko?
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by omojeesu(m): 7:36am On Nov 22, 2017
It's all part of 'Big Brother is watching you!'

There's little or nothing we can do about most of such things.

End time scenarios.

The god of this world rules in his world.

Soon he will arrive as the apocalyptic Beast till Jesus takes him out of the way.

Are you ready?

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by daroz(m): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2017
charlsecy:
1. ...

2. What if the telecoms were monitoring you, would you stop using a phone?

Good question
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Celsony: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2017
[quote]; All the personal information you give away each
time you 'like' a Facebook page
The feature has been available for a couple of
years, but recent warnings from Kelli Burns, mass
communication professor at the University of
South Florida, have drawn attention to it. [quote];

This caught my attention. Can this EVER happen in my country Nigeria, all that the professors are gud for is selling handouts & sleeping with girls for grade
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Edunwa302(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2017
gethope:

Trade your bitcoin and paypal to cash 355/$ instant funding
How much bitcoin can you buy
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by martineverest(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2017
BruncleZuma:
If You're Not Paying, You're The Product

[img]https:///media/11-14-2015/o9NAMe.gif[/img]
well said.... Google is the master of this
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by BruncleZuma: 8:06am On Nov 22, 2017
martineverest:
well said.... Google is the master of this

And Facebook is second best grin grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by martineverest(m): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2017
handsomeclouds:
have u left Google services too.? Google is the king of personal data mining
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by martineverest(m): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2017
kay29000:
Yep! I read about this some weeks ago. And I sharply deleted that Facebook messenger app.
I think u shud delete Google services as well, cos they are worse

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Bigbeard(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2017
Felixalex:
Mtcheew, bow many conversations dem want listen to? D people who have conversations worth protecting don't even use smartphones for such calls

You are partially correct.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Goke7: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:
I prefer secured instant messages like bbm and telegram instead of the one created by mark zuckerberg. Facebook is has lost it long time ago

are you sure telegram is secured? na dem I fear pass
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2017
Diso60090:

Welcome to nairaland boi
Na me suppose welcome you!
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Mrkumareze(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2017
handsomeclouds:

And what if u hear say Nairaland dey use blood?
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2017
Have known this for some months now. It is all part of Echelon (5 eyes)
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2017
Mrkumareze:

And what if u hear say Nairaland dey use blood?
Our Seun can't do that. He can't kill a fly talk more of human blood.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2017
martineverest:
have u left Google services too.? Google is the king of personal data mining
Can we do without that?
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by martineverest(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2017
handsomeclouds:

Can we do without that?
yes
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2017
Goke7:

are you sure telegram is secured? na dem I fear pass
Very secure.
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by MichaelBlake40: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2017
Admin401:
The day i feared Facebook was when i newly took an interest in Binary Options
I focused on training myself for 1 month, doing researches, watching videos, downloading PDF's (with the help of Google only)
Just to get good at it. During my 1 month learning, i never logged into Facebook at any point.
After i tried to trade Binary option and lost, i decided to quit. I logged into Facebook to see whats up
But then all the advert that kept popping up were only about Binary Options and Forex, in my mind
i was like "how did this guys know what i want?" it then dawned on me that this people have access to my internet history
The have access to everything thing i do on my computer when my internet is on.
This is quite dangerous o
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by salesforce: 9:36am On Nov 22, 2017
Really
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Diso60090(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2017
handsomeclouds:

Na me suppose welcome you!
Okay no matter you are welcome boi
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by mexzony: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2017
Let's say I wanted to go anonymous and delete all my old history online how do I do that.
Re: Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. by Vacora(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2017
Goggle is the biggest ‘amebo’ of the moment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / What Was The Highest Call Duration You'v Received Or Made? / CPC Orders MTN To Pay 1.85m Naira To Promo Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.