Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do? (521 Views)

Should I Hit On This Married Lady / Should I Get My Fiancée Arrested? / She Doesn't Want To Apologize: Should I Forgive Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by ray121: 11:37pm On Nov 22, 2017
Hi everyone.I do really need your advise on what to do before taking action. Im a young married guy and married to a single mother. initially i never knew she had a son but when i got to know i accepted my fate and moving on.we now living together and had my own daughter for me.The step son started school now under my roof cos hes just a year plus now close to 2. i just discovered the surname the mother used to register the boy is her real dad that they never lived nor stay together.what should i do? is this really true love or i'm fooling myself? ive been taking care of this boy for more than a year now and this is happening.pls what should i do? Thanks and God bless.
Re: What Should I Do? by Omokiez: 12:03am On Nov 23, 2017
Man, I would have loved to be silent but I just wish to say a view words. Frankly speaking, I think your wife did the right thing by registering the child with his father real name. You wouldn't advice your wife to register him in your name do you? By such move it saves you all from future incidences likely to occur if at all who knows...? The fact that you love the child does not guarantee you as his biological father. Show him all the love you can, he will also call daddy even till adulthood.

2 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? by ray121: 12:19am On Nov 23, 2017
hmmmm..and if later the father come for him whats do u think of my labor?
Re: What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 23, 2017
The foundation of your relationship and marriage is faulty. I won't apportion blames but your wife started with dishonesty and secrecy. Either of these on it's own can destroy the strongest bond of love ever seen.

She didn't mention she had a son, until you married her and found out. What was her excuse? What were you guys talking about the whole period you were courting/dating? I see a serious communication problem between the two of you. Did you even know her, visit her, meet her family members? She couldn't have hidden this that well if you put in effort to know her properly.

Well, you accepted the baby. Good.

Now again, another lapse in communication. Before now, just at the moment you accepted that baby, you should have talked about 'adopting' him legally in court (that is fully accepting the boy as your own son and automatically changing his surname to yours).

Or, you sit your wife down if you don't want to adopt the baby, and discuss his future. Will the boys biological father be responsible for him? Does he even know he has a son with your wife? Or did she cut him off from accessing his child.

When you ask all these things and come to an agreement acceptable to you, then nothing like the issue at hand would have shocked you.

At this point you don't even know if you want to raise another man's son or if you can adopt him if you want.

It's not too late to sit your wife down and talk to her. And even the other man if it becomes necessary. Make monkey no go work finish, baboon go come chop.

And your wife shouldn't be making those kind of sensitive decisions without you.

Work on some areas of marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? by IAMSASHY(f): 4:10am On Nov 23, 2017
undecided something is really fishy abt ur wife, she is personally taking very sensitive decisions herself and it's very bad. Well, I don't no ur tradition bt mine says if d biological father didn't pay her bride price den he owns nt d child, which means, if u paid her bride price, den dat child is Urs and shud nt in anyway bear any oda name. Go back to her pple and let dem clarify u on hw theirs is done, if at d end, dey say d child cnt b Urs, den d real father shud take his responsibility
Re: What Should I Do? by ray121: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2017
Thanks to everyone to contributing to this. I really care abt the boy, but as my lawyer said, u cant adopt a child when the father is not dead, and without his consent.Maybe coz the father family is a well known Nigeria this is why she chose to use the name i dont know coz the father is a younger brother of a current sitting governor of one of our states. And the guy never even accepted the baby from birth. Im just worried about it all. And like my brother rightly said up there, we hardly talk about all of these.maybe im too busy or i dont want to hurt her by bringing certain topics up as it might take us another 3 days before we will ever talk to each other again in the house. its just a deep one ..

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Ways To Resolve Conflicts In Relatiinship / SINGLES HOOK UP FORUMS / Please Help: Is My Fiance And Mother In-law Trying To Test Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.