Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,881 members, 7,848,569 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:18 AM

Is Love Overrated? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Overrated? (450 Views)

Why A Big P*nis Is Overrated - Nigerian Lady / Sex Is Overrated And Overhyped / "Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Overrated? by Irelokeh(m): 1:05am On Nov 23, 2017
Most times, being in many failed relationships open your eyes to the truths of life. Like I have found..
Bitter, cold truths that later help you become a super-smart person. I have found out that...

A lot of people (including me) are into dating just because they want to find out if ever someone can love them, especially when it's someone they admire, it's like a "yeah..I have a cute gf/bf too" kinda thingy, to console their "feel bad" times.

Many folks are into relationships because of benefits; sex, money, sex, gifts, recharge cards... In fact..most people "fall in love" when money is involved.

Some people are into dating just to admire themselves more...when you are dating such people..they just trail your life with words just to keep you around/boost their ego. It's a 1 for them and 0 for you. They don't really care about you..only when you start ignoring them they act like Romeo/Juliet just to get you back into their loop.

Yesterday, I just felt bad about this fact, we are all programmed robots..we can never ever define true love..although I'm sure it exists..I have just not seen it.

I am sorry I sound this way, I mostly write when I feel down as I write out my worries.

So can you beat your chest and say your partner loves you in all conditions?

Have you ever witnessed true love?

Let's discuss matured stuff...is a fact all relationships face problems that need to be ironed out..but really, is love becoming a "thing of the past" or "overrated infatuation"
Re: Is Love Overrated? by Rexnegro(m): 1:21am On Nov 23, 2017
Well in this part of the world yes
Re: Is Love Overrated? by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 23, 2017
Love isn't and will never be overated. People fall in love when they meet the right person. Love works when two individuals truly feel the same way about each other and unconditionally. They have respect, tolerance and patience for each other. Not when one partner is in it for their own selfish benefits like sex, money, etc.

What the problem is now, is the way youths have refused to think with their brains these days. They are quick to join the band wagon of whatever is trending at a particular time. Some fools out there just shouts 'love is over rated', and everyone starts to chant the same thing 'love is overated' 'love is overrated. Like zombies. And suddenly no one wants to put in work to building and maintaining a healthy and long lasting relationship. They just go with the mantra and start playing around.

Objectively look around and you'll see love everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love Overrated? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 23, 2017
grin

So can you beat your chest and say your partner loves you in all conditions?

Have you ever witnessed true love?

Lemme ask IamJ for this... grin

Re: Is Love Overrated? by Martin0(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2017
Hmmmm na wa oooo

Singing "Enemies don go buy kerosine"
Arabanko/
Oouuu aahhh Arabanko"gringrin
Well I'd say so. 'Love'. Just mother nature's cruelest trick to get us to reproduce. Nothing more.
It is overrated, I'd agree with it being just a fantasy that for many people just isn't achievable. It's different with everybody so is it right to just generalise like that? I think not.
It sets unrealistic expectations in people that just leads to disappointment, because it's portrayed as "perfect", "never ending", which is incorrect because love is not perfect at all, and it ends all the time.

Anymore question from op

1 Like

Re: Is Love Overrated? by Meninist: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2017
Love is not overrated. The problem is our definition of love is faulty. What many people refer to as love is very far from it. Most times it's admiration or attraction.
Any "love" that is a function of any tangible matter such as money, looks, boobs, or ass is a SCAM, because the day all these ephemeral things go then the "love" too will go. And most Nigerian girls are guilty of this, this is why many rich guys find it difficult "finding love".
The "love" of an average Nigerian woman is shallow, ephemeral, and reeks of fear and insecurity of the future.

#Meninist cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bobrisky Wants To Show You Something / 11 Reasons Many Are Not Getting Married / Amazing Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.