Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto (6220 Views)

Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto Playing Cricket In Throwback Photo / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Sir Ahmadu Bello Didn't Like Luxury; He Loved Them" / Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by gidgiddy: 11:22am On Nov 23, 2017
vedaxcool:
Nzeogwu brought in constitutional disorder into the country

Maybe, but all those who came after him did far worse.
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by ProWalker: 11:29am On Nov 23, 2017

It is of course

Lolz
You don start? Go ger your antidepressant drugs grin
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Saintsquare(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2017

The weaker weakling tribes need the support of USA, Russia, Britain, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Egypt, France, United Nations, Germany, etc just to face a few IPOB youth
The fact that u put France up there showed you no nothing about the war lol ,if not for France, Belgium, SA ,Rome chai ,the casualties on Igbo side would have tripled 3m folks that lost there lifes.
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by eodavids(m): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Dboy55:
OPERATION DAMISA: ASSASSINATION OF SIR AHMADU BELLO, THE SARDAUNA OF SOKOTO

''Ina Sardauna? Where is the Sardauna?” Nzeogwu shouted, pointing his gun at him but the man kept shaking his head asserting no knowledge of the Sardauna’s location.

“If you won’t tell me where your master is, I’ll kill you,” Nzeogwu screamed at him in Hausa.

“Okay, okay,” the man replied fearfully and led Nzeogwu to the annex of the building. Three other soldiers followed Nzeogwu while Waribor and the rest returned to the staging area where the guns were manned.

As Nzeogwu approached the adjoining rooms the man was leading them to, he heard screams and cries of women and children.

“We will not allow you out there,” the Sardauna’s eldest wife, Hafsatu, daughter of Mallam Abbas, the Waziri of Sokoto, spoke defiantly.

“But I have to go. They are here for me not for you. You have to be strong. I have to go out there,” the Sardauna pleaded. The other wives, with their children, were rattling their prayer beads in the midst of sobs.

As the Sardauna turned to go, Hafsatu held him firm in a tight embrace and wouldn’t allow him move. Zaruni, the Sardauna’s head of guard came in and alerted the Premier that the soldiers were approaching the annex but promised to defend the family with his life and that of his men.

“Zaruni, I know you must do your duty but my safety is in God's hands,” the Sardauna said.

“No, you can’t die, you won’t die,” Hafsatu screamed in Hausa.

As she was crying, they heard gunshots outside. At this moment, Zaruni drew his bow and stood guard before the Sardauna and his family. With another sound of gunshots from his SMG, Nzeogwu kicked hard at the doors with his boots, which flung open and on sighting Zaruni, shot the poor guard who dropped dead at once, with his bow and arrows.

In the midst of the dark and screams of the women and children, Nzeogwu shouted, “Where’s the Sardauna?” But the women would not allow him move. Even the children were clinging to their mothers.

At last, the Premier managed to wriggle himself free from his wives but the eldest, Hafsatu, held on to him as he spoke.

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” With those words, Nzeogwu shot thrice at him; a bullet hitting his jaw, his wife, Hafsatu and his babaringa which penetrated his lower abdomen and lodged in his spinal cord.

The Sardauna and his wife fell with a loud thud to the screams of the women and children at the loudest decibels. It was music to Nzeogwu’s ears. The mission had been accomplished. He had satisfied his blood lust and his enraged eyes were returning to their former calm state. He blew the whistle to signal the end of the mission. Operation Damisa had finally come to an end.

As he approached the gate, he met Waribor and his men of the Charlie Company.

“Did you get the man?” Waribor asked.

“Yes, I got him,” Nzeogwu answered assuredly. He turned to the rest of the soldiers after he had got out of the gate and spoke triumphantly, “I have been successful, he’s dead.”

With that, they packed their remnants, got inside their landrovers and proceeded to their next mission unchallenged leaving the Sardauna’s residence in a glory of its former self. It was 2:45am and the harshness of the harmattan had just begun.#HistoryVille #ACBDawn

Source: A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat by Ayomide Akinbode

The op here do not mean well.

This thread is similar to secession threads and leads to hatred, acrimony and chaos.

A wound which is supposedly healed, if opened again can be more painful than a fresh wound.

The first Nigerian coup d'etat is better forgotten for a peaceful Nigeria than re-narated.

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Auki: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
May Allah curse Nzeogwu and minion.
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Alday: 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
efighter:

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” That was a great man. He died while standing on his feet. The other 'great man' called Emeka Ojukwu declared war and ran to Ivory Coast leaving his people at the mercy of Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba solders. At the end over 3,000,000 Biafran pigs and idiots were used for pepper soup and suya. The other nonentity called Cownu Nnamdi too declared war against the FG, created his own Biafra Security Service and promised his illiterate followers that he will be going to Abuja to bring the President's head. When the President sent his "python' to go and dance for him, he fled, leaving his gullible followers at the mercy of Nigeria Army. What an Irony!

The other time that Aguyi Ironsi was made Head of State after the failure of his coup plotting brothers. The short time he (Aguyi Ironsi) was there, he started implementing Igbo agenda, promoting Igbo solders over superior solders from the North and West. When T.Y. Danjuma, Jeremiah Useni, Murtala Muhammed and other came for Aguyi Ironsi's head, it was Adekunle Fajuyi that stood in the way. Adekunle Fajuyi said that the Head of State cannot be arrested while with him (Adekunle Fajuyi). Adekunle Fajuyi said that over his dead body will Aguyi Ironsi be arrested. The Hausa/Fulani will hear none of that, they pumped bullets into Adekunle Fajuyi and took Aguyi Ironsi away. That was a great man - Adekulne Fajuyi.

Awolowo believed so much in the composing tribes of Nigeria. He said that there are no Nigerians but Yorubas, Hausas, Ibos, Ijaws e.t.c. Awolowo said Nigeria is just a mere geographical location, he preached regionalism. At the time Awolowo was saying this, Nnamdi Azikiwe colluded with Abubakar Tafawa Balewa to put Awolowo in jail, they continued shouting 'One Nigeria'. so, few years after when Emeka Ojukwu started talking about splinting the country, Awolowo knew he could not trust either the Hausas nor the Igbos, so he watched while the two groups slaughter themselves and at the end came in and ended the war with his (Awolowo) superior war strategies.

Superior war strategies like food blockade and starvation as a weapon of war and giving away Bakassi to Cameroon in return for closing her borders with Biafra

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Ngozi123(f): 1:29am On Nov 24, 2017
Sprumbabafather:
Why reminding us while you hide the rest of Nigeria history?

Don't mind that author. Describing Nzeogwu as having "bloodlust" is one of the most dishonest things you could say about the man. He was a practical man but wasn't an irrational or evil man.

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Ngozi123(f): 1:32am On Nov 24, 2017
initiate:
and who was there at the frontline to record this "very accurate blow by blow account"? some illiterate soldier?

and which doctor carried out the autopsy to confirm the "bullet lodged in the spinal cord"?

do you really make money from all these stupid sensational news?

It's not an accurate historical account of what happened, it's a novel i.e. plucked from thin air. It's really disappointing that it's a Yoruba man who created
this.

1 Like

Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Amarabae(f): 5:10am On Nov 24, 2017
Ngozi123:

It's not an accurate historical account of what happened, it's a novel i.e. plucked from thin air. It's really disappointing that it's a Yoruba man who created
this.
I am not disappointed.
Its their way right from time.
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by intruxive(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2017
When history hits them in the face, they start whining like cornered mouse and blaming their eternal nemesis "yoruba"
Did yoruba send u to start a coup? No kanu in sight to tell u the distorted versions u seek tongue
Awon iran kiran angry
Like the two mascots directly above ^^^
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 29, 2019
Dboy55:
OPERATION DAMISA: ASSASSINATION OF SIR AHMADU BELLO, THE SARDAUNA OF SOKOTO

''Ina Sardauna? Where is the Sardauna?” Nzeogwu shouted, pointing his gun at him but the man kept shaking his head asserting no knowledge of the Sardauna’s location.

“If you won’t tell me where your master is, I’ll kill you,” Nzeogwu screamed at him in Hausa.

“Okay, okay,” the man replied fearfully and led Nzeogwu to the annex of the building. Three other soldiers followed Nzeogwu while Waribor and the rest returned to the staging area where the guns were manned.

As Nzeogwu approached the adjoining rooms the man was leading them to, he heard screams and cries of women and children.

“We will not allow you out there,” the Sardauna’s eldest wife, Hafsatu, daughter of Mallam Abbas, the Waziri of Sokoto, spoke defiantly.

“But I have to go. They are here for me not for you. You have to be strong. I have to go out there,” the Sardauna pleaded. The other wives, with their children, were rattling their prayer beads in the midst of sobs.

As the Sardauna turned to go, Hafsatu held him firm in a tight embrace and wouldn’t allow him move. Zaruni, the Sardauna’s head of guard came in and alerted the Premier that the soldiers were approaching the annex but promised to defend the family with his life and that of his men.

“Zaruni, I know you must do your duty but my safety is in God's hands,” the Sardauna said.

“No, you can’t die, you won’t die,” Hafsatu screamed in Hausa.

As she was crying, they heard gunshots outside. At this moment, Zaruni drew his bow and stood guard before the Sardauna and his family. With another sound of gunshots from his SMG, Nzeogwu kicked hard at the doors with his boots, which flung open and on sighting Zaruni, shot the poor guard who dropped dead at once, with his bow and arrows.

In the midst of the dark and screams of the women and children, Nzeogwu shouted, “Where’s the Sardauna?” But the women would not allow him move. Even the children were clinging to their mothers.

At last, the Premier managed to wriggle himself free from his wives but the eldest, Hafsatu, held on to him as he spoke.

“I am Ahmadu Bello, the Sardauna of Sokoto and the Premi…” With those words, Nzeogwu shot thrice at him; a bullet hitting his jaw, his wife, Hafsatu and his babaringa which penetrated his lower abdomen and lodged in his spinal cord.

The Sardauna and his wife fell with a loud thud to the screams of the women and children at the loudest decibels. It was music to Nzeogwu’s ears. The mission had been accomplished. He had satisfied his blood lust and his enraged eyes were returning to their former calm state. He blew the whistle to signal the end of the mission. Operation Damisa had finally come to an end.

As he approached the gate, he met Waribor and his men of the Charlie Company.

“Did you get the man?” Waribor asked.

“Yes, I got him,” Nzeogwu answered assuredly. He turned to the rest of the soldiers after he had got out of the gate and spoke triumphantly, “I have been successful, he’s dead.”

With that, they packed their remnants, got inside their landrovers and proceeded to their next mission unchallenged leaving the Sardauna’s residence in a glory of its former self. It was 2:45am and the harshness of the harmattan had just begun.#HistoryVille #ACBDawn

Source: A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat by Ayomide Akinbode

Fake News.

That wasn't how it haopened
Re: Operation Damisa: Assassination Of Sir Ahmadu Bello, The Sardauna Of Sokoto by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 29, 2019
intruxive:
When history hits them in the face, they start whining like cornered mouse and blaming their eternal nemesis "yoruba"
Did yoruba send u to start a coup? No kanu in sight to tell u the distorted versions u seek tongue
Awon iran kiran angry
Like the two mascots directly above ^^^

Major Ademoyega was an IGBO too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts As PDP Says Buhari Incompetent, Managing Himself / Ihedioha Swears In 9 New Judges, Pledges To Uphold Independence Of Judiciary / Wind-generated Electricity Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.