Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria (19873 Views)

Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Africa Zone Qualifiers: Full Results Of Match Day 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by secretsuccess: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
All these people saying he spoke the truth he spoke the truth... If they were so good why did it take them till the last match to qualify.. By the way they played in the cup of nations why didnt they do well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by stsinner: 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
who is Ivory Coast? We stopped Algeria and Cameroon from qualifying, Cameroon that won AFCON this year, both teams were in the last two World Cups

This Ivorian team is nothing compared to the CIV of Toure, Drogba and Kalou, do not think Zaha, Aurier and Bailly have that fighting spirit those guys had.

This CIV team is a downgrade to that last team just like this Algerian team is a shadow of what they were when they ended Egypt's chances four years ago.

You people will agree to anything from a white man and won't even analyse properly.

don't mind the experts above....
CHAN eagles can even beat the current Elephant of CIV, how I wish we could play a friendly match with Morocco & end the argument fast enough.

4 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by nemynely(m): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=taiyesoul post=62646020]Be deceiving yourself.You are stylishly saying Germany prefers being grouped with Morocco instead of Nigeria abi?.Simply put,Germany is afraid of playing Nigeria.

I concur

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by holluphemydavid(m): 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
come June 2018 we shall all c may God spare our lives to witness d tournament

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Goke7: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
who is Ivory Coast? We stopped Algeria and Cameroon from qualifying, Cameroon that won AFCON this year, both teams were in the last two World Cups

This Ivorian team is nothing compared to the CIV of Toure, Drogba and Kalou, do not think Zaha, Aurier and Bailly have that fighting spirit those guys had.

This CIV team is a downgrade to that last team just like this Algerian team is a shadow of what they were when they ended Egypt's chances four years ago.

You people will agree to anything from a white man and won't even analyse properly.

You dey mind them? Nigerians are always quick to rate anything better than their country. Even if a white man says Somali is better than naija, they will believe.
The Algerian team was rated better than the eagles at the last world cup, still they couldn't pass the second round just like the eagles. Talk is cheap and anybody can say anything but the result on the field of play is what matters most. Smh

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Goke7: 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2017
secretsuccess:
All these people saying he spoke the truth he spoke the truth... If they were so good why did it take them till the last match to qualify.. By the way they played in the cup of nations why didnt they do well
You dey mind the mumu Nigerians? The German coach to them na God and what he says is final

4 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by frugal(m): 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
Udeh402017:
Very true!!Morocco is the best world cup qualifying team from Africa.Imagine not conceding a single goal and stopping Ivory coast from qualifying.
We stopped Zambia. We stopped Cameroun, the current African champions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by basmur(m): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
For or AGAINST the topic!
All ye Commenter above..
You guys are reasoning with your heads!!

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Walelavender(m): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:

Thanks so much for your analysis. They played in a group where contenders were dwelling in past glories.

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Abfinest007(m): 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
time will tell
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by robosky02(m): 3:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:

we know the mind game shaa

but we will settle him at the world cup after all our coach is also a german

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
taiyesoul:
Be deceiving yourself.You are stylishly saying Germany prefers being grouped with Morocco instead of Nigeria abi?.Simply put,Germany is afraid of playing Nigeria.

The bloke below me tho. grin
north Africans are never a match for Europe and have never really challenged the world football like the west Africans always do.
The Nazi man is afraid of a youthful,black team with ambition.
But i have a terrifying banner for the world during Nigeria matches,
a monstrous great white eagle on a green background.
With the inscription,"and the fourth beast was like an eagle:Revelations 4:7
If Europe is already afraid,then i am expecting a tough group and biased officiating.but we can overcome these obstacles by discipline and being focused.

11 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
Udeh402017:
Very true!!Morocco is the best world cup qualifying team from Africa.Imagine not conceding a single goal and stopping Ivory coast from qualifying.
who did Morocco play against?if Morocco had taken the place of Algeria in Nigeria group,Morocco won't qualify.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
wristbangle:

I thought they scored more goals to Super eagles.

I agree they are the team with the best defense which makes them more tactical to SE. It takes a balanced mid field and strong defence formation not to concede a goal.
we conceded four goals.

2 from open play and 2 from penalties, neither of those two penalties were the fault of a leaky defense. One was a careless tackle from the goalie and the other was dubious.

You also failed to take into consideration, the opposition. We played better teams

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
JamesReacher:
Spare me, Its not about race abeg, every time race just because he disagreed with u
he didn't give a reason for agreeing. They are the best based on what? Because some white man said so? Or what else?

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Nelsizzy(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2017
Luukasz:
Yeah best defence against teams like Civ,mali and gabon unlike nigeria that had cameroon, algeria, zambia
So Cameroon, Algeria n Zambia are what?
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Nelsizzy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Goke7:

You dey mind the mumu Nigerians? The German coach to them na God and what he says is final
SMH. You had to insult to pass ur opinion. Because somebody doesn't see things from your point of view makes them mumu
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by JamesReacher(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
he didn't give a reason for agreeing. They are the best based on what? Because some white man said so? Or what else?
Say something without adding white man, u have inferiority complex or what?

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Goke7: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nelsizzy:
SMH. You had to insult to pass ur opinion. Because somebody doesn't see things from your point of view makes them mumu
I repeat again, some nigerians are mumu because they they think the white man's opinion is better than theirs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Ayemileto(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:

Ghana ended Egypt's chances four years ago. wink

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by AcquireCofOLand(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
ON AND REAL ESTATE/PROPERTY INVESTMENT

IN IBEJU-LEKKI/AJAH & MAGBORO

DEPOSIT #100K AND GET TURKEY, BAG OF RICE AND COOKING

OIL

buy 1plot from villa garden city
Behind MFM prayer City Magboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklgX6yrWIc

Price: #650 per plot
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN UP TO 6 MONTHS

3 Months plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
6 months plan: #120k × 6 months = #720K

Deposit #100K and spread the balance for 3 to 6 months

Contact me on
08034113771 (or WhatsApp +2348027390046)

Let's discuss your options
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by domiron: 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
robosky02:
Loew rates Morocco higher than Nigeria

Germany Coach, Joachim Loew sees Morocco as the most dangerous team from Africa going to the World Cup despite the fact that Nigeria was the first team to make it to Russia from the continent, reports owngoalnigeria.com.

Sharing his expectations of the World Cup yesterday, the coach of the reigning world champions said of all the five teams from Africa Morocco stands out because of the quality of its players and football.

Germany will be in action in the World Cup 2018 in Russia and Loew while speaking on their chances and options available to him ahead of the championship also shed lights on teams he expect to do well at the World Cup.

“We know some very good teams from all over the World are coming, like in Africa Morocco did well in the qualifying series and they will be the team most people would be expecting to pull surprises from Africa,” he said.

Morocco, just like Nigeria, stayed undefeated throughout the qualifying series but unlike Nigeria they didn’t concede a single goal.

Meanwhile, after impressing in the defeat of Argentina last week, ADO Den Haag defender, Tyronne Ebuehi is dreaming of a place in Nigeria’s squad at the World Cup.

The full-back replaced Shehu Abdullahi after the interval as Gernot Rohr’s men overcame a two-goal deficit to secure a 4-2 win over Jorge Sampaoli’s men in a friendly encounter in Krasnodar.

Despite coming up against Paris Saint-Germain’s Angel Di Maria and AS Roma winger, Diego Perotti, Ebuehi gave a solid performance defensively – and was also a reliable offensive outlet, on the right wing.

And the Dutch-born player believes he has done enough to convince the Super Eagles’ selectors of his talent of his chances to be in next year’s showpiece in Russia

“I think it went well, I have a lot of speed and I try to get a lot,” Ebuehi told NOS .

“I did not contribute that much. I think I left a good impression, it would be nice to be part of that World Cup next year.”

After opting to represent his fatherland, the former Netherlands youth international made his debut for the Super Eagles in a 3-0 win over Togo on June 1.

Although he was part of the squad that secured the country’s sixth World Cup appearance, he is yet to win any competitive cap for the Super Eagles as his outings have all come in friendlies.

At ADO Den Haag, Ebuehi has played all 12 games in the Dutch Eredivisie this term and will be looking to help Alfons Groenendijk’s side pick maximum points from the GelreDome when they play Vitesse on November 26.

https://guardian.ng/sport/loew-rates-morocco-higher-than-nigeria/

Not the first time though, but when the competition starts, Morocco won't make knockout.
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by buffalowings: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
God abeg let us be in the same group as Germany.

So this ball sweat arse sniffing coach will eat his words

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by cooltola(m): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
The German has won a world cup so he knows what he is talking about. You may not agree with him but his results speak seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by DonGalilo(m): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nelsizzy:
It is absolutely illogical to say Morocco is better than Nigeria, because the two teams faced totally different opponents. I am a little bit disappointed in Joachim for the unguided statement and as a Nigerian, u are expected to know better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by wristbangle: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2017
safarigirl:
we conceded four goals.

2 from open play and 2 from penalties, neither of those two penalties were the fault of a leaky defense. One was a careless tackle from the goalie and the other was dubious.

You also failed to take into consideration, the opposition. We played better teams

Morocco played against a strong opponent as well. Though your submission is excellent as a lady. Great job!
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Nelsizzy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
DonGalilo:
It is absolutely illogical to say Morocco is better than Nigeria, because the two teams faced totally different opponents. I am a little bit disappointed in Joachim for the unguided statement and as a Nigerian, u are expected to know better.
There is nothing illogical about it. He based his opinion on the fact that the Moroccans went unbeaten in a relatively tough group and they didn't concede a goal. And the fact he mentioned Nigeria shows we are also rated. To me Nigeria is better because we played stronger opponents and also went unbeaten.

My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by DonGalilo(m): 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nelsizzy:
There is nothing illogical about it. He based his opinion on the fact that the Moroccans went unbeaten in a relatively tough group. And the fact he mentioned Nigeria shows we are also rated. To me Nigeria is better because we played stronger opponents and also went unbeaten.

My 2cents
That is it! what I discovered from that statement is a man with a biased mind towards Nigerian football or he should have come to say he preferred Morocco style of play to ours. At least, we all have the right to freestyle, so nobody will blame him for that.

2 Likes

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Luukasz(m): 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
Nelsizzy:
So Cameroon, Algeria n Zambia are what?
By far better than those 3 in morocco's group in the last 2/3years

1 Like

Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by Franky9584(m): 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
don't worry, we will beat Germany for group stage.... bet me!!
Re: Russia 2018 World Cup: German Coach Rates Morocco Higher Than Nigeria by miremoses(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
Even Low chose Morocco over Nigeria. Moroco didn't even concede a goal in the qualifiers. Just want every African countries to do well in next year's WC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Owner Roman Abramovich Rejects Offers To Sell Chelsea / Is Ahmed Musa The Most Famous Nigerian Footballer? (Video) / Solomon Ogbeide Is Dead (Lobi Stars Coach)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.