Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience (1923 Views)

Spectranet Slowing Down Network Speeds During Free Data 1am-7am Period. / MTN Modifies 1.5GB Data Plan, Limits Bonus To Night Only (1am - 7am) / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience by wrightangle83(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hello Nigerians, and my fellow Nairalanders. 9moblile free YouTube from 1am to 5am is a fraud be warned. I will be sharing my bitter experience with you all. I have SMS sent to me by 9mobile which i will upload, in justifying my claims.

MY ORDEAL IN THE HANDS OF 9MOBILE

I am a subscriber of Etisalat network before it was taken over by 9mobile. They started a promo for free YouTube streaming from 1am to 5am. I tried inquiring on how it works from there customer service. I was informed that it was for customers that subscribe from 500mb plan and above and that i should change my APN from Etisalat to 9mobile. It was okay with me, since i could afford it. But because of the nature of my job, i wasn't chanced for it. Because i do go to bed before 1am and wake up after 6am. Fast forward to 16th of November. I got three weeks off, so i had all day and night to myself of which i plan to make good use of.
I decided to stream some soccer matches i wasn't privilege to watch. While i was on it, i got a message from 9mobile that my data has been exhausted. I called to inquire why. I was informed that the plan has changed. That only people on 1G and above can stream the free 9mobile YouTube. It was a logical reason. Company policy of which i know how it works.
I did a 1.5G plan just to continue streaming. But i didn't know that they were still deducting from my main data instead of the 500mb that is allocated to me for the free YouTube. I was surprised to observe that i have ran out of data around 11am in the morning. I called the customer service, but they were taking all day to answer and i had some important stuffs to do online. So i did another 1G plan in other not to pull out of the free YouTube plan. On the 18th of November, i decided to stream the free YouTube again, around 1:25 am, just to confirm my suspicions. I hadn't stream for 45 minutes, when i got a text that my data has been exhausted.

To be continued. Comments please

MY BITTER EXPERIENCE

I called the customer service to complain, a female attended to me. Having explained my problem, she requested that i remain on the line, why she transferred my call to her colleagues in data help desk. After the transfer, a male attended to me. He inquired what the problem was and apologized for my inconveniences. He now assured me that the issue will be resolved asap. That i should expect a call or text from the network in the morning, between 9am or 10am. I was okay with it. Immediately after the call i got a text message from 9mobile that my complain with reference no has been received and that they are working on it. Picture of the text below
Re: 9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience by Evangkatsoulis: 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Hahaha
Re: 9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience by wrightangle83(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2017
Evangkatsoulis:
Hahaha

Anything Nigerians manage dey always get K-LEG
Re: 9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience by MrXlim5618: 12:05am On Aug 14, 2018
But I use it. And mind you is valid only within the first two weeks of subscription.
Re: 9 Mobile Free Youtube 1am To 5am Is A Fraud. My Experience by Murphy123: 9:54am On Jul 09, 2019
The fraud is still ongoing... Scammers everywhere!

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Best Phone To Use,check Out Its Features. / Itel S32 Vs Itel S33 Comparison / Tecno Spark 4 Or Infinix Hot 8 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.