Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 (61632 Views)

Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / Africa Unveils Her First Floating Solar Farm / The First Floating Nuclear Power Plant Pioneered By Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by missbestie: 11:08pm On Nov 23, 2017
Shedrack777:
if this is true, then, its awesome
I want to be part of that country oooo
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by PNomsule: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2017
The comments replete on this thread explains exactly why “we hope to be producing pencils in an age of technological advancement”.

You in one breathe accuse the Minister of Science yet in the other you question mans (sanity) for coming up with such innovation and sickening of all, peeps be claiming “God sank The Titanic” Where would there food come from, like WTH!!!
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by delli(m): 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
The main aim of the idea is to “liberate humanity from politicians” and “rewrite the rules that govern society”
The point is they ar still the people who will occupy this area.
Just that Adam nd Eve has already eaten from the tree of knowledge so everytin is possible
I wish to visit there if it's completed
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by omololu2020(m): 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2017
grin
JamesReacher:
I think so every morning but then I thought, something must create what creates something , it's a cycle. Nobody wins
grin
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by JamesReacher(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2017
omololu2020:
grin grin
You see what I did there lol?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by omololu2020(m): 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
JamesReacher:
You see what I did there lol?
yes bro,I can't just stop laughing after reading the comment grin
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by CaptainFM1: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
mazimee:
I don't like seas/Oceans, how much more living in a city that is surounded by waters. What if there is a strong wave and the waters is greatly upset? I can't deal. This place is not meant for me.

Can you live in VI, Lagos?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Offpoint: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
Edonojie007:
One Quality That Man Has And Angels Dont Have; CREATIVITY.
Man Never Even Start.
lol, you don't know anything... don't compare a mare mortals to immortals... there's nothing made by man that is not mimick from nature.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by DianaJ(f): 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
Mammi water go full for there
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Offpoint: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
JamesReacher:
Titanic was a perfect god! It was a rather unfortunate unforeseen iceberg that caused Titanic to sink not that it sank itself. Who would have thought iceberg would show up? The sailors fault too in addition, they noticed and steered too late.
just as the iceberg emerge and nobody has thought about it, so Will the wind blow and the sea uproar without any notice and sink the city.. that's what he's trying to tell you...

nothing made by man can't survive natural disaster when it visit at a full force
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by sole26: 11:38pm On Nov 23, 2017
Chaii our money Don enter one chance for politicians hands. One senator will go and buy d whole sea. Just d watch.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by JamesReacher(m): 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
Offpoint:

just as the iceberg emerge and nobody has thought about it, so Will the wind blow and the sea uproar without any notice and sink the city.. that's what he's trying to tell you...

nothing made by man can't survive natural disaster when it visit at a full force
Use your fuckingg head, how about Third mainkand bridge whose roots are in water? how many years now? Your phone's battery would explode in your face lol or your house would crash into the ground. Negativity and progress don't mix. Human error is our only limitations, man would win nature, slowly but surely.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by JamesReacher(m): 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2017
omololu2020:
yes bro,I can't just stop laughing after reading the comment grin
What's funny tho?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by daywatcher: 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
In Nigeria we will be building the world largest church or mosque...beat that San Francisco
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Ugbavihi: 12:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Land go cheap wela for water ooooo...only that mammi water no go allow one to rest..
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by EHIRIMCHA(m): 12:37am On Nov 24, 2017
People are thinking ahead and Nigerians are celebrating EBUKA ABADA.wot a country.smh 4 d youth
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by BlackAce31(m): 12:48am On Nov 24, 2017
mazimee:

Wasn't it a self proclaimed expert that built Titanic Ship?

Nature will always show itself when it wants to, and our human imperfections will always take its place too.
Burj Khalifa (Burj Al Arab - any name which you know it by) was built on an artificial island on water. Ignoring that, the height of the building alone was an impossibility before that period. My point is its possible. maybe the city would be built on artificial islands too.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by BlackAce31(m): 12:51am On Nov 24, 2017
Offpoint:

The Dubai hotel was built on water and has been standing. All these factors are considered before the start the project. The engineers are not idiots
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by mazimee(m): 12:54am On Nov 24, 2017
BlackAce31:

Burj Khalifa (Burj Al Arab - any name which you know it by) was built on an artificial island on water. Ignoring that, the height of the building alone was an impossibility before that period. My point is its possible. maybe the city would be built on artificial islands too.

The city will float on the waters, if it was artficial Island, I mighty not have had issue with it.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by MrGerald(m): 1:02am On Nov 24, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
The concept of floating cities may sound like something from a science fiction novel, but it could become a reality by 2020. Seasteading Institute, a San Francisco-based nonprofit has been developing this idea since the foundation of the organization in 2008, and it has reached an agreement with the government of French Polynesia to begin testing in its waters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/worlds-first-floating-city-taking-11519830

https://www.boredpanda.com/first-floating-nation-island-pacific-ocean-tahiti-2020-seasteading-institute/

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0IhEZuy4k
They can go and live in their floating city I'm not interested
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Daeylar(f): 1:02am On Nov 24, 2017
Nice idea,
but not for me,
I'll too scared to even entertain the thought of living there.

Very scary to live on an ocean
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by iluvpomo(m): 1:49am On Nov 24, 2017
It appears only the rich can afford to stay here and so how are they exactly helping humanity??
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by tealaw(m): 1:59am On Nov 24, 2017
Land no do una anymore, na water una wan begin enter now.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 24, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
Building this utopian offshore will cost about $167 million

you said 167m?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Ejomax77(m): 2:43am On Nov 24, 2017
Hope this city no go sink after few yrs.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by nadisman(m): 3:05am On Nov 24, 2017
i no understand does it mean dat de buidings go dey flow or i go dey steady for 1 place inside de water
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by selfemployed(m): 3:36am On Nov 24, 2017
Hurricane will destroy it
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Edonojie007(m): 4:22am On Nov 24, 2017
Offpoint:

lol, you don't know anything... don't compare a mare mortals to immortals... there's nothing made by man that is not mimick from nature.
I Wish You Had Spiritual Knowledge. Who Are Angels? Are They Not Created By God The Almighty; They Are Creatures Of God,not Made In The Likeness Of God. For God Made Man In His Image And Likeness,not Angels,whelther They Are Immortal,which Man Would One Day Become, Man Would Become gods in their Sonship; Psalm82:6
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Nobody: 4:32am On Nov 24, 2017
Please remember Atlantis.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Edonojie007(m): 4:43am On Nov 24, 2017
Richardabbey:
We Afonjas Can Do Something Similar To Dis , Only If Nigeria Can Break Up As Promised . We Dont Want Dose East Fool To Share Wit Us
East Are Not Our Problem,the North Are.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by deafeyez: 5:23am On Nov 24, 2017
This is really going to be an interesting city. It looks like the area to be build is fenced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goat "Attacks" Lion At Ogba Zoo In Benin, The Lion Later Caught It (Video) / Manatee Killed At Oguta Lake In Imo (Photos) / Gabriel Obinna & Moses Ezeilegbunam Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.