Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 (61626 Views)

Russia World's Only Floating Nuclear Power Plant Can Power 100000 Nigerian Homes / Africa Unveils Her First Floating Solar Farm / The First Floating Nuclear Power Plant Pioneered By Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by deafeyez: 5:36am On Nov 24, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
Building this utopian offshore will cost about $167 million

In Nigeria, this money is for street lights.

Which way my country.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by ddjay: 6:39am On Nov 24, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
The concept of floating cities may sound like something from a science fiction novel, but it could become a reality by 2020. Seasteading Institute, a San Francisco-based nonprofit has been developing this idea since the foundation of the organization in 2008, and it has reached an agreement with the government of French Polynesia to begin testing in its waters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/worlds-first-floating-city-taking-11519830

https://www.boredpanda.com/first-floating-nation-island-pacific-ocean-tahiti-2020-seasteading-institute/

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW0IhEZuy4k
My advice and I suggest u advice them;
They better come to the coast of Africa, better still, Nigeria where the only problems are man-made eg,poor electricity, pipe borne water etc. Hurricane, tornado, tsunami etc will just come and clear everything and nobody can stop or prevent it
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Ezigbonmadu: 6:57am On Nov 24, 2017
Richardabbey:
We Afonjas Can Do Something Similar To Dis , Only If Nigeria Can Break Up As Promised . We Dont Want Dose East Fool To Share Wit Us

An idiot is spotted
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by RaeMystix: 7:01am On Nov 24, 2017
I thought we've gotten that with JuMia and Deira islands of Dubai?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by swagifted(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2017
lol, you say "its not meant for you" like the marketers reached out to you already and asked you to come an d buy a house there.
mazimee:
I don't like seas/Oceans, how much more living in a city that is surounded by waters. What if there is a strong wave and the waters is greatly upset? I can't deal. This place is not meant for me.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Bifrost: 7:38am On Nov 24, 2017
They must have considered all the intricacies of erecting such mind blowing edifice on the pacific. Mind you the city isn't far away from French Polynesia which is inhabited by people also. I believe in the expertise involved in this project.

Maybe some of you have not heard of Eko Atlantic currently being built in the coast of Lagos, it's small compared to this but it's a good start.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by bigtt76(f): 7:56am On Nov 24, 2017
It can't be the world's first naaa.... Where you throwey Makoko for Lagos?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by newslifeop: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2017
Really
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Neoteny(m): 9:12am On Nov 24, 2017
Meanwhile, some people want nigeria to go back to 1960.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Queenlovely(f): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2017
massinola:
Queenlovely, when you visited one in 1986 with your husband, how did you enjoy your vacation

are you a prophet?
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by snowblaq(f): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2017
AuthoritySpeaks:

All those factors must for sure, be considered before they even start it up..
It's built by experts.

Experts also built the Titanic.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Offpoint: 11:48am On Nov 24, 2017
JamesReacher:
Use your fuckingg head, how about Third mainkand bridge whose roots are in water? how many years now? Your phone's battery would explode in your face lol or your house would crash into the ground. Negativity and progress don't mix. Human error is our only limitations, man would win nature, slowly but surely.
lol, man will win nature? that's funny... in case you don't know, natural disaster will be what will end human existence. like I said earlier... when nature comes in FULL FORCE nothing made of man will withstand its destructive power. man can detect its coming, but can't stop it. remember they brag that "even God can't sink titanic" you know the rest of the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Offpoint: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2017
BlackAce31:

The Dubai hotel was built on water and has been standing. All these factors are considered before the start the project. The engineers are not idiots
can it withstand earthquake of over 12 MG? I'm not they don't consider that, I'm staying you can't predict nature madness.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Offpoint: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Edonojie007:

I Wish You Had Spiritual Knowledge. Who Are Angels? Are They Not Created By God The Almighty; They Are Creatures Of God,not Made In The Likeness Of God. For God Made Man In His Image And Likeness,not Angels,whelther They Are Immortal,which Man Would One Day Become, Man Would Become gods in their Sonship; Psalm82:6
lol, dude... when you read the Bible try to understand
Genesis 1:26 clearly make used of plural "let us make man in our own image" was God referring to Himself "Us" and "Our likeness"?
I know many will say God was communicating with JESUS...I'm not going to argue here.
(gen. 1:26. Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."wink

just don't compare humans with angels, cuz God place humans higher doesn't makes you think there's limit to what they can do.

before human existence they were, the very universe you're living in they play a role in creation too.
I know we all imagine heaven more beautiful than the earth we are living... and humans aren't the builder or maker of heaven
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Edonojie007(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
" For Verily He Took Not On Him The Nature Of Angels; But He Took On Him The Seed Of Abraham"
Hebrew2:16

And From What You Are Saying,man Have The Nature Of Angels,i Laugh In My Spirit. You Should Read Well And Understand.
Angels Are Heavenly Beings I Know And Have Supernatural Qualities,but That Doesnt Make Us Lesser. Man Is A Son Not Angel. Man Is A Co-heir With The "Only Begotten" Son.
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Josh44s(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
Building this utopian offshore will cost about $167 million

Billion dollars you mean to say coz I don’t see how you could achieve that with just $167m.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 28, 2017
RaeMystix:
I thought we've gotten that with JuMia and Deira islands of Dubai?
Try as you might, I own you!. wherever you are, I shall find you & you shall be mine

#NoBitchAttitude
Re: World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 by Shedrack777: 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2017
missbestie:
I want to be part of that country oooo

You're Going No Where, we'll All Stay Here In Naija Until After Election 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goat "Attacks" Lion At Ogba Zoo In Benin, The Lion Later Caught It (Video) / Manatee Killed At Oguta Lake In Imo (Photos) / Gabriel Obinna & Moses Ezeilegbunam Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.