Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,244 members, 7,957,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

All About Nilesat Installations - Satellite TV Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Nilesat Installations (257127 Views)

All About Nilesat,badrsat Leaving, In Northern Nigeria In 1.8M And 2.0M Dish. / What Is The Best Frequency Polarity To Track Nilesat Ku Band In Osun, Nigeria / Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
who is still getting athlantic bird 7 with Nilesat channels. I cant get 11296
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Supermanny: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
mecussey: who is still getting athlantic bird 7 with Nilesat channels. I cant get 11296

I have it but I can't get any of the nile 102 tps. On 11296 you get fox movies and fox series + all the rotana channels.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
@mecussey
this a snapshot of osn package on my humax but they are all scrambled.

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
Scanning in progress. My AD HD packages (MBC 1-4, MAx,action,) nat geo, sky news, fox etc all in HD etc

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
BBCW English poped-up and some other new channels as shown on the images below. I also noticed increased signal quality on nilesat. A 3m is the magic.

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
Auch, wat is the signal quality of the OSN on your strong 4669x? I get 51 percent but its still red. I know Onitsha is closer to Nilesat but Owerri is not far either. Help me check 12073 H 27500 also.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
Supermanny:

I have it but I can't get any of the nile 102 tps. On 11296 you get fox movies and fox series + all the rotana channels.

Which LNB are you using? Auch said he is using Digisat
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
@mecussey
12.073 is red. The best signal apart from AB7 NWA which is 98% is 11.183v02.499 which is 85%. While 11.938 is 62% instead of 65% because of cloudy weather this evening as shown on the image. While OSN 11.862 is 58% on cloudy weather.

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
same with me here with my Supermax LNB on a 3m pan dish. I am only looking out for OSN sports 4 on 11996 H 27500 and Discovery on 12073.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2012
auchs,
congrats for breaking through at last. now that bbc world has popped up at last
i guess we're all back to business on nile!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Cleanman(m): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
Is arryadia back on ab7?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Obenkutu: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
my mbcs a no more, pls i need freqs
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2012
obenkuku,
check your lnb - assuming your dish alignment is still in order.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2012
@George-D you still dey this planet? E don tey oo. Pls give me your number or text it to me. My jsc sports freezes in the afternoon and come back at night. I am thinking it's LNB and I am ordering Digisat from Auch. Do you think it's LNB? My dish size is 3m pan in Owerri.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
mecussey,
my brother i still dey. i'm more active on the solar thread these days.

its possible water has entered your lnb and that's why its doing the ajasco dance.

why don't you check out its throat and confirm?

i'm out of town at the moment and cannot be reached.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Xpset: 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
Please help. I have 1.8m c band am in niger state . My dish is set to nilsat. Its showing +jsc spot 1 to 5 and 9, 10. But its not showing +jsc sport 6,7,8 and jsc 1&2. And using a Super primium hd Universal Ku Band Lmb on it. Please what can do to get those omited channels. Thanks in advance
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
mecussey: @George-D you still dey this planet? E don tey oo. Pls give me your number or text it to me. My jsc sports freezes in the afternoon and come back at night. I am thinking it's LNB and I am ordering Digisat from Auch. Do you think it's LNB? My dish size is 3m pan in Owerri.
meccusey
3m have always been my dream dish size. It plays the game for me very well. It is only jsc sports which is at 58-60 peak that is my only challenge when the weather goes bad but it shows 24hrs. If I lay my hand on your dish I hope all will be well but before the ordering pls try-out this:
There are many things you can do. 1- check your dish alignment. 2- check the lnb position ie make sure it is parallel to the dish or centered to the dish. 3- check the lnb skew. 4- make sure the lnb is at the focal length of the dish. 5- are you using the right lnb?
Digisat lnb plays well on solid pan. Thanks to George_D who gave me the guidance on the right lnb.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2012
auchs:
meccusey
3m have always been my dream dish size. It plays the game for me very well. It is only jsc sports which is at 58-60 peak that is my only challenge when the weather goes bad but it shows 24hrs. If I lay my hand on your dish I hope all will be well but before the ordering pls try-out this:
There are many things you can do. 1- check your dish alignment. 2- check the lnb position ie make sure it is parallel to the dish or centered to the dish. 3- check the lnb skew. 4- make sure the lnb is at the focal length of the dish. 5- are you using the right lnb?
Digisat lnb plays well on solid pan. Thanks to George_D who gave me the guidance on the right lnb.
Thanks Auch, I will do as you said. I also have a 5m pan, but 1/4 of the dish is bent, do you think it can still be used? That is, do you think the remaining 3/4 will still receive sth?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
meccusey,
that your 5m dish may be of no use if it is warped (bent).
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2012
George just one quater is bent, I am currently using it as C-band but i am thinking if the 3 quater that is focused will be better than my 3m
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
meccusey,
however good that your dish is, a bent 5m dish cannot be better than a perfectly shaped 3m.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by mecussey(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks George, I thought as well.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
Hello mecussey. What George said is just the case. It is not all about size of a dish but the architecture. Thats why you got to buy your dish from certified dish producer like my source. I just finished tracking with a friends old poorly painted and warped 2.4m dish that cannot even hit upto 78% on sirus. Which means that a good 90cm dish performs better than a bad 2.4m dish. My regards.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by satmaniac(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2012
@all the gurus in the house,Can you pls help me out with saudi quran and saudi sunna frequency.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Zeetry: 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2012
satmaniac: @all the gurus in the house,Can you pls help me out with saudi quran and saudi sunna frequency.

3934 h 27500 arabsat @ 20'e cband
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Cleanman(m): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
Hello guys can any1 spare me a 4669
decoder.?either new or fairly used
wouldnt mind...i'm a sat enthusiast
but i'm short of cash...will be
grateful.,thanks in anticipation.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by grafikii: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
@ all pls don't call me lazy, can I get aljazeera sports1-10 with a 2.4m strong pan dish in Lagos. I have been getting conflicting answers on my search
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by jahjehova(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hey all. Please I am a newbie in this C-band thing. I need help from You all. Someone is offering me a fairly used 2.4m dish for 18k. I hope he's not about to cheat me.
Also, I need a list(with prices) of equipment required to fully install to pick NILESAT. I am a movies freak and would also love to watch EPL. Tanx for your assistance. A good samaritan should please PM me : deleonipede@gmail.com
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by grafikii: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2012
U guys should pls reply us na, can I get jsc sports 1-10 with 2.4m pan dish in Lagos, whether its nilesat or hotbird or any other sat.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2012
grafikii,
you can get aljazeera 1-10 with 2.4m dish but signal may not be stable.
your best bet is 3m and above.

jahjehova,
2.4m at 18k is not bad but make sure the dish is not bent (warped) or dented.
for nilesat, besides the dish (which you're already palnning to buy, you need a strong
decoder preferably srt 4699x (for a start). you also need a good lnb like fuji, echosat
or digisat and or course cables and connectors. besides the dish i'd say you should be looking at
minimum of 25k for decoder, lnb, cables, etc.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by kibra4u(m): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
Can i use 1m or 1.2m dish to receive Badr 4,5 and 6 channels here in the Northern part of Nigeria, guys in the house that have tried it with success comment please. Thanks.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by olamileone(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
I need d guru in d house to help me with my 2. 6 meter dish. my nilesat was at 74 percent but many of my channels like euro new, aljzera,bbc and other interesting channels did t pop up. where are d nilesat channels

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.