Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here - Satellite TV Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here (53054 Views)

Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east. / Nollywood Channel Free On Intelsat 7/10 (is-7/10) @ 68.5° East / 68.5 Degree East Or Pass 7/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by BasseyJ(m): 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2011
sidwell:

@Dolpaz W3a and W4/7 are not on the same position.W3a is located on 7E you can get it with 90cm/1m dish. while W4/7 is located on 36E where you get dstv/hitv and others like ATN,RDV and more.you get this with with 60cm dish or higher.
So please would i raise it up or bring it down from dstv position. I use a 90cm dish.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by ftadream: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2011
BasseyJ:

So please would i raise it up or bring it down from dstv position. I use a 90cm dish.
If you have read the reply carefully given to you by  the two sat-mate you will understand that to get W3a,you need a different dish
about 90cm or above to nail that bird,so it is not a matter of moving up and down what you have already.

But in case you don't want the position of your dish anymore then,stand behind your dish turn it to your right hand side about
some few inches and raise it up using this tp: 12728 v 30000. You will need to read the thread from beginning to know how to go about it.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by Sensicut(m): 10:13pm On Sep 11, 2011
I will advise u to get urself 1meter dish so that he can be easier 4u to nail.enjoy
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by BasseyJ(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2011
BasseyJ:

[b][/b]
Ftadream i stated in my above comment that i use a 90cm dish and i have an idea on tracking sats, i just wanna get an idea of where to check as in is the position above or below the dstv position? Thanks
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by TOWNJUJU: 6:34am On Sep 12, 2011
BasseyJ:

[b][/b]
Ftadream i stated in my above comment that i use a 90cm dish and i have an idea on tracking sats, i just wanna get an idea of where to check as in is the position above or below the dstv position? Thanks
standing behind ur dish from dstv position raise it up almost facing the sky, move to ur right abt 30degree. Hope u understand.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by dolpaz: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2011
Thanks Broda, i appreciate this info so much, please how many free channels can i receive on the W4/7 position, am planning to get anoda dish to the one i have, i want to combine it with the astra 2b i have with srt 4669xii
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by BasseyJ(m): 9:04am On Sep 12, 2011
TOWNJUJU:

standing behind your dish from dstv position raise it up almost facing the sky, move to your right abt 30degree. Hope u understand.
Thanks a lot, i'm greatful
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by twinskenny(m): 11:16am On Sep 12, 2011
@all

if you having signal issue on your w3a, i will advice you use 90cm for optimal signal instead of 60cm or 30cm dish,

at least that will give you up to 72% signal strength!
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by ftadream: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ TOWNJUJU, thank you for helping BasseyJ out.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by ftadream: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2011
dolpaz:

Thanks Broda, i appreciate this info so much, please how many free channels can i receive on the W4/7 position, am planning to get anoda dish to the one i have, i want to combine it with the astra 2b i have with srt 4669xii
On W4/7 you can have over 12 channels,if you should combine with Astra you heading towards 30 channels.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by dolpaz: 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2011
@FTAdream, thanks so much for the info, u r really the dream to FTA, Viva FTA, am gonna buy a LNB today, whcih is the best one u would suggest??
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by ftadream: 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2011
dolpaz:

@FTAdream, thanks so much for the info, u r really the dream to FTA, Viva FTA, am gonna buy a LNB today, whcih is the best one u would suggest??
Well for W4/7 and Astra you need a standard lnb similar to what to have already,I don't know the price in your location but
if you can afford premium2 hd lnb or spit fire lnb good enough.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by dolpaz: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
@FTA dream, thanks very much, i appreciate ur kind gesture, will try and get the same LNB am using for my astra 2b, have a nice day, Peace Out
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by ftadream: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ Dolpaz, ! thank you my brother have a blessed day,fta for live.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by dodos(f): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ all

For one to know what MBC will be showing please follow the link below thanks.

http://www.mbcradio.tv/guides/tv-guide/
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by Samw: 7:18am On Sep 14, 2011
Pls am having problem with my w3 on 90cm dish,i dont know may be i didnt do it well pls what can i do, and also i need biss key on 1music and hinolly pls send it to samwalex2003@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by agyengo(m): 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2011
Samw:

Pls am having problem with my w3 on 90cm dish,i dont know may be i didnt do it well pls what can i do, and also i need biss key on 1music and hinolly pls send it to samwalex2003@yahoo.co.uk
Samw to get help u must spell out ur problem be precise. wat happd to ur w3a during installation? n with biss keys for imusic and hinolly forget about them coz no working biss keys availble now. thank you
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by Samw: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2011
@agyengo bro i really appreciate that my mbc is cracking and i dont know what to do,infact if i want to be watching football with my 90cm dish which bird will u advice apart from w3
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by nearest(m): 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2011
Guys don't get offended, Is mbc empeg2 dvb-s? My 4669x could not be fixed, and i'm now lookin for a reliable station for weekend football.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by sammu(m): 6:46am On Sep 20, 2011
@nearest, mbc w3a is mpeg2.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by nearest(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2011
sammu:

@nearest, mbc w3a is mpeg2.

If you've tracked it before, what time of the day is best for tracking it? Because i've read its very difficult to track.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by chris7272: 10:18am On Sep 21, 2011
How will l nail the site pls. show with picture for good understanding
thanks
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by lovala(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2011
chris7272:

How will l nail the site pls. show with picture for good understanding
thanks

I discovered that it is easier tracking W3A wth my LNB skewed to 7pm of the clock while the polarity is Vertical. First track Sirius or Astra 4a with your lnb at 9 o'clock and your polarity vertical. note that sirius is towards the setting sun although i sometimes pick it from the east with even higher quality. once u hit it, let ur dish stand and input 12728V30000 for W3a and skew your lnb to 7pm. lover the dis gently and to your left while standing behind d dish.
tell us what happens.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by nearest(m): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
lovala:

I discovered that it is easier tracking W3A wth my LNB skewed to 7pm of the clock while the polarity is Vertical. First track Sirius or Astra 4a with your lnb at 9 o'clock and your polarity vertical. note that sirius is towards the setting sun although i sometimes pick it from the east with even higher quality. once u hit it,  let your dish stand and input 12728V30000 for W3a and skew your lnb to 7pm. lover the dis gently and to your left while standing behind d dish.
tell us what happens.
I got 57% quality on the above tp, How can i increase it more than this?
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by lovala(m): 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
nearest:

I got 57% quality on the above tp, How can i increase it more than this?

@nearest link
Once you've got the signal, the rest is up to you. tweak ur lnb or move your dish up and down and side to side to get something higher. Also, if ur dish is less than 90cm don't expect much. You may also chang your lnb. I've not used it yest but I hear tell that Tokyosat lnb is marvelous. try it and give us your feedback. here in Yaounde it costs just FCFA2000 about 525 naira there in Naija.
Hope this helps.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by nearest(m): 11:18am On Sep 22, 2011
lovala:

@nearest link
Once you've got the signal, the rest is up to you. tweak your lnb or move your dish up and down and side to side to get something higher. Also, if your dish is less than 90cm don't expect much. You may also chang your lnb. I've not used it yest but I hear tell that Tokyosat lnb is marvelous. try it and give us your feedback. here in Yaounde it costs just FCFA2000 about 525 naira there in Naija.
Hope this helps.
Tried tweaking and only got it to 59% and i'm using 90cm dish with strong LNBF.
I'll change the LNBF when d money for dat comes, but between sirus and w3, which one is more interesting?
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by agyengo(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2011
nearest:

Tried tweaking and only got it to 59% and i'm using 90cm dish with strong LNBF.
I'll change the LNBF when d money for dat comes, but between sirus and w3, which one is more interesting?
both are interesting but w3a is more patronised because of MBC 1,3 with football matches in english commentary. but if u r interested in French the best option is Sirius 4 or astra 4a with Francophone music, French ligue 1 as well as Hip hop and RnBs (stv 1). Viva for life
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by GANDALF1(m): 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
my people. i have finally tracked w3a on my 90cm dish. got a signal quality of 70- 75% on 12728V30000. but my major problem

right now is that blind-scanning w3a brings out the same stations as blind-scanning sirius 4 tp as both of them is showing

green in my present position and the most important of all, i am not getting any of the mbc channel. pls i need to know what i

am doing wrong. thank you. embarassed
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by lovala(m): 12:30am On Sep 23, 2011
~GANDALF~:

my people. i have finally tracked w3a on my 90cm dish. got a signal quality of 70- 75% on 12728V30000. but my major problem

right now is that blind-scanning w3a brings out the same stations as blind-scanning sirius 4 tp as both of them is showing

green in my present position and the most important of all, i am not getting any of the mbc channel. pls i need to know what i

am doing wrong. thank you. embarassed

@~GANDALF~:

If the 75 persent quality is for 12728v30000, then, just input 11191v3206 and it will pop out, GREEN. else, you may be scanning 12605v29950 for Sirius 4a and as such u can't pick any of the Rodrigues.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by nearest(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2011
@Gandalf: Which lnbf did u use? On sirus i can get up to 81% but w3a is 57%.
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by aroseyi(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2011
nearest:

@Gandalf: Which lnbf did u use? On sirus i can get up to 81% but w3a is 57%.
use 2n1 lnb
Re: Ask Questions About W3a On 7 Degree East Here by nearest(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
aro seyi:

use 2n1 lnb
2n1 lnbf as in 2 lnbf in one dish or one lnbf with two outputs?
What i wanted to know from gandalf is the name of the lnbf he used to get the 7enty something % quality he said he got.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps / New Satellite: Openview HD, Free-To-Air, / An Interesting Picture Of Nigeria At Night Taken From Space By NASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.