Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (50294 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2017
bezimo:

Read Hebrews 7:2
To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace.

So dont suffer in ignorance...God help you.
What is Tithe:10% of your earnings.
u are either stupid or don't understand English. Did that scripture say "give" or pay? Someone said Abraham gave u are talking rubbish about the %age. Dem suppose use u do sacrifice to the gods they serve. His name is "mammon" ode.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by lastmessenger: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2017
Fingalin:
. Nigerians should wake up and smell the coffee. Most of these "rich" pastors are not Christ-Like! We all know that they are doing the wrong thing yet we accept it and let it slide. All the uni he's built with poor people's tithe none of them can afford to send their wards to the Uni due to outrageous sch fees. God has a lot to judge I'm telling you.
is unfortunate that it is like that. Like I said earlier, everyone has the right to use his money the way he or she feels like. No man should tell you, you should part with a certain % of your income as tithe with a premise of return on investment. Such line of thought is ungodly and must be discouraged. God is not a bank that pays interest on money deposited. God will bless you whether you tithe or not.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2017
I ALWAYS GIVE MY ONE TENTH AT END OF EVERY MONTH. DEVOURERS BEWARE!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by FaniDan(f): 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
miredia:
I'm sure you consider yourself a christain. If your pastor was more emphatic on teaching subjugation of the flesh and tongue and spiritual civility as opposed to money spinning schemes, you'd know not to endorse curses on your fellow man.
who curse who
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by wiloy2k8(m): 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
deebrain:

Send your own my regards.

At least i know some bible about respect.

keep them to your self and your family ....
btw no vex
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by NonyDERosa: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2017
Those who are led by God's Spirit are God's children. For the Spirit that God has given you does not make you slaves and cause you to be afraid; instead, the Spirit makes you God's children, and by the Spirit's power we cry out to God, “Father! my Father!” God's Spirit joins himself to our spirits to declare that we are God's children. Since we are his children, we will possess the blessings he keeps for his people, and we will also possess with Christ what God has kept for him; for if we share Christ's suffering, we will also share his glory.
Romans 8:14‭-‬17

If You Believe In Christ Jesus You Are Not Lesser Than Anyone Who Is Also A Believer, There Is No Hierarchy.

And For The Issue Of Tithe We Can't Pay Tithe In This Present World Because We Are Not In The Land Of Canaan Anymore Where God Increased The Yield Of The Field/Land From Which The Israelites Can Tithe From, People Who Claim They Are Paying Tithe Are Simply Making A Jest Of God's Sacred Order And Institutions. For Tithe Was Actually Coming From God's Increase Not Human Increase.

We Can't Make Selfish Gains By Inflating Prices On Goods And Services And Bring It To The Church In The Name Of God's Increase.

Whatsoever You Give To God He Must Be The One To Do The Increase.

If You Want To Tithe Only Do So With Agricultural Products As It Was The Case In The Old Testament Not With Money.

So No Need Living Under The illusion that we can pay Tithe in this Present age, anybody telling you such is making mockery of God and Christ Death On The Cross Of Calvary, God Does Not Increase Money

LOOK AT THE WAY GOD DOES HIS INCREASE WITHOUT HUMAN EFFORTS

The land will produce its crops, and you will have all you want to eat and will live in safety. But someone may ask what there will be to eat during the seventh year, when no fields are sown and no crops gathered. The LORD will bless the land in the sixth year so that it will produce enough food for two years. When you sow your fields in the eighth year, you will still be eating what you harvested during the sixth year, and you will have enough to eat until the crops you plant that year are harvested.
Leviticus 25:19‭-‬22

Can Anybody make such Claim today Concerning his money. All the money that we make are as result of Selfish Gains not God Increase, what God Increase he requires no human Efforts. We can notice how He instructed the Israelites not to plant in the 7th year that He Will Increase their harvest in the 6th year to cover for 2 years, can anybody make such claims today without inflation of prices, GOD DOES NOT INCREASE MONEY AND HAVE NEVER INCREASED MONEY AND THAT WAS WHY HE NEVER ASKED ISRAELITES TO BRING MONEY AS TITHE EVEN THOUGH SILVER WAS USED AS MONEY IN THOSE DAYS, Deuteronomy 14:22:25-26 will guide us better.

Everything God Asked For Was Linked To The Land Because He Has Direct Control Over It And Can Easily Manipulate The Result To The Favour Of Whom He Choose

One-tenth of all THE PRODUCE OF THE LAND, whether grain or fruit, belongs to the LORD .
Leviticus 27:30

“Set aside a tithe — a tenth of all that YOUR FIELDS PRODUCE EACH YEAR.
Deuteronomy 14:22

He brought us here and gave us THIS RICH AND FERTILE LAND. So now I bring to the LORD the first part of the harvest THAT HE HAS GIVEN ME.’ “Then set the basket down in the LORD 's presence and worship there.
Deuteronomy 26:9‭-‬10

Honour the LORD by making him an offering from the best of all that YOUR LAND PRODUCES.
Proverbs 3:9

And That Was Why God Made This Statements To Them

So then, you must never think that you have made yourselves wealthy by your own power and strength. Remember that it is the LORD your God who gives you the power to become rich. He does this because he is still faithful today to the covenant that he made with your ancestors.
Deuteronomy 8:17‭-‬18

And Maybe We Need To Understand Who God Is.

What I do is done for my own sake — I will not let my name be dishonoured or let anyone else share the glory that should be mine and mine alone.” My hands made the earth's foundations and spread the heavens out. When I summon earth and sky, they come at once and present themselves.
Isaiah 48:11‭, ‬13

I am the one who made the earth and created the human race to live there. By my power I stretched out the heavens; I control the sun, the moon, and the stars.
Isaiah 45:12

God Does Not Need Our Money, Central Banks Control Money Circulation Thereby Limiting God's Supernatural Abundance Supply To Serve His People. So We Should Never Give Money To Anyone In The Name Of Paying Tithe For We Can Never Even Pay.

It's On The Foregoing Knowledge That The Apostles Never Mentioned The Word Tithe But Rather Made Wilfull Monetary Contributions For The Welfare Of One Another As They All Lived In Harmony With One Another.

All the believers continued together in close fellowship and shared their belongings with one another. They would sell their property and possessions, and distribute the money among all, according to what each one needed.
Acts 2:44‭-‬45

The group of believers was one in mind and heart. None of them said that any of their belongings were their own, but they all shared with one another everything they had. There was no one in the group who was in need. Those who owned fields or houses would sell them, bring the money received from the sale, and hand it over to the apostles; and the money was distributed to each one according to his need.
Acts 4:32‭, ‬34‭-‬35

Now, concerning what you wrote about the money to be raised to help God's people in Judea. You must do what I told the churches in Galatia to do. Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.
1 Corinthians 16:1‭-‬2

I am not trying to relieve others by putting a burden on you; but since you have plenty at this time, it is only fair that you should help those who are in need. Then, when you are in need and they have plenty, they will help you. In this way both are treated equally. As the scripture says, “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.”
2 Corinthians 8:13‭-‬15

So I thought it was necessary to urge these brothers and sisters to go to you ahead of me and get ready in advance the gift you promised to make. Then it will be ready when I arrive, and it will show that you give because you want to, not because you have to. You should each give, then, as you have decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly.
2 Corinthians 9:5‭, ‬7

Let us be concerned for one another, to help one another to show love and to do good. Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more, since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming nearer.
Hebrews 10:24‭-‬25

Anything Outside The Above Examples Set By The Believers Is Nothing But Idolatry.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2017
oruma19:
u are either stupid or don't understand English. Did that scripture say "give" or pay? Someone said Abraham gave u are talking rubbish about the %age. Dem suppose use u do sacrifice to the gods they serve. His name is "mammon" ode.

If your brain is not in reverse gear..how is paying and giving tithe not the same. Abeg get out..bastard fucking daft idiot..quote me again on this matter and confirm your stupidity and bankruptcy of mentality.That I have chosen to be a deadly committed tither and support the same..doesn't give you the temerity to yarn nonsense to me since you have never tithed which exactly means your opinion belong in the garbage were it belongs.

One word of insult from you again.you will harvest an overdose of the same in return.Nonsense!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
bezimo:

If your brain is not in reverse gear..how is paying and giving tithe not the same. Abeg get out..bastard fucking daft idiot..quote me again on this matter and confirm your stupidity and bankruptcy of mentality.That I have chosen to be a deadly committed tither and support the same..doesn't give you the temerity to yarn nonsense to me since you have never tithed which exactly means your opinion belong in the garbage were it belongs.

One word of insult from you again.you will harvest an overdose of the same in return.Nonsense!!
[url][/url]its obvious ur problem is frustration. I am not oyedepo and adeboye whose words have become law to foolish pple like u. Nor be me put u for the problem. Mumu, dumb ass. Ahahahahahahaha. Go and read ur bible, olodo!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2017
oruma19:
[url][/url]its obvious ur problem is frustration. I am not oyedepo and adeboye whose words have become law to foolish pple like u. Nor be me put u for the problem. Mumu, dumb ass. Ahahahahahahaha. Go and read ur bible, olodo!!!

I am super sure I am far more blessed than you that's why giving God 10% of my earnings can never a problem unlike a bastard frustrated idiot like you who is so poor that giving 10% of what you earn is tantamount to increased poverty, that's if you are not even a frustrated useless jobless goat. Get out and get lost.. Bastard animal.Quote me again and reconfirm your confusion and stupidity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2017
bezimo:

I am super sure I am far more blessed than you that's why giving God 10% of my earnings can never a problem unlike a bastard frustrated idiot like you who is so poor that giving 10% of what you earn is tantamount to increased poverty, that's if you are not even a frustrated useless jobless goat. Get out and get lost.. Bastard animal.Quote me again and reconfirm your confusion and stupidity.
oyedepo product. Den of yahoo boys and ritualists paying 10%. Hell awaits u all. Bleep u
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
oruma19:
oyedepo product. Den of yahoo boys and ritualists paying 10%. Hell awaits u all. Bleep u

You that is already suffering hell on earth obviously as demostrated by your poverty and frustration before moving to your permanent home there in hell. Bleep you and your generation.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
bezimo:

You that is already suffering hell on earth obviously as demostrated by your poverty and frustration before moving to your permanent home there in hell. Bleep you and your generation.
I wish u knew who are talking to. Social media has made anybody with a China fone to talk to comfortable and blessed people. It is only demented and poverty stricken people that u and ur oyedepo etc can deceive. Not educated and blessed people like me. Bleep ur generation. Poverty remains ur case.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2017
oruma19:
I wish u knew who are talking to. Social media has made anybody with a China fone to talk to comfortable and blessed people. It is only demented and poverty stricken people that u and ur oyedepo etc can deceive. Not educated and blessed people like me. Bleep ur generation. Poverty remains ur case.

You a fucking bastard idiot..I also wish you can yarn all these B.S to my face if you ever had the privilege of meeting me and see if you won't be dealt with squarely. Do you even have an idea of who you are addresing. I am far from been poor that's why giving 10% is not a concern..but you have demostrated your poverty and bankruptcy of mentality by making a big deal of giving 10% tithe. Besides I am at a place in life and have touch what no one in your generation or family can near or touch for ever. Who deceived you chronic illiterate poor jobless bastard that you are educated. Abeg get lost, go and find your mate to yarn nonsense with.

Like I warned you any insult will be replied by a corrosive overdose of the same untill your daft brain is formatted.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
bezimo:

You a fucking bastard idiot..I also wish you can yarn all these B.S to my face if you ever had the privilege of meeting me and see if you won't be dealt with squarely. Do you even have an idea of who you are addresing. I am far from been poor that's why giving 10% is not a concern..but you have demostrated your poverty and bankruptcy of mentality by making a big deal of giving 10% tithe. Besides I am at a place in life and have touch what no one in your generation or family can near or touch for ever. Who deceived you chronic illiterate poor jobless bastard that you are educated. Abeg get lost, go and find your mate to yarn nonsense with.

Like I warned you any insult will be replied by a corrosive overdose of the same untill your daft brain is formatted.
confirmed, u are a dunce. Bleep ur generation. May ur mumuism continue till ur 4th generation. Ekpa shisha
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by arnold123: 1:24am On Nov 27, 2017
lastmessenger:
I have respect for oyedepo. God has used him to do a lot great things for his Kingdom. He founded two universities in Nigeria with facilities comparable to what is obtainable outside the shore of this country and he has plans to build another one in Ghana.
His achievement alone is enough for anyone to swallow whatever he says as the ultimate truth coming from God.
In as much as I believe in giving to the church,the idea that a Christian must tithe is one that even Bishop oyedepo will not convince me to accept. It is obvious that such practice were done away with all the other loads of practices recorded in the old testament.
The only giving acceptable and recorded in the new testament is free will donation. Any other giving is nothing but manmade.
However those who feel they must tithe are free to do so but saying that those who don't tithe are cursed and going to hell is nothing but madness.
what if someone pays tithe and their heart is vile and wicked just like that of many pastors?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2019
Payin Of Tithe is 2ruly bibilcal bt d only issue here is dis many churches uses it 2 meet ha wants instead of using it 2 meet d peoples needs as d church of old. IMAGIN A PASTORS WITH A PRIVATE JETS TELLIN ME DATS HAVE A BICYCLE DAT D WORLD IS VANITY? HE SHOULD LET GO OF HIS JET SO WE CAN BOT HAVE SUMTIN EQUAL probaly a bike. nd wit dat he/she is ryt in saying the world is vanity
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by lazarusokafor90(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
arherfish:
I pay tithe but my question is

Does paying tithe gives u Grace than other Christian

Can a man give God anything he doesn't have.

Please Nigerian Pastor should not be encouraging legalism but seek the salvation of God.

Salvation was bought with the blood of Jesus not through tithe.
That last sentence you made should be said to those pastors

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Stop Lying" - Biodun Fatoyinbo To Busola Dakolo / Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" / "Before Having That Sex"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.