Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (50300 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by odedele: 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
With this vehement responses from pastors, I sense reduction in tithing in most congregation .no thanks to Daddy Freeze

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Bukolar1:
hmmmm.... again no biblical proof. now I'm getting something.
he is a liar na. Using his name to intimidate the gullible. How much donmuslims pay as tithe? The richest people in the world are atheists and Muslims. Oyedepo is disgracing himself

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Tamakay(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Jesse01:
lol am an atheist and I don't pay no fu*king tithe guess wat am not a beggar,using tithe to deceive d poor masses while u have private jet see ur head tongue

Lolzzzzzz. Guy u nor dey smile at all oo.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things

Atleast,one thing is CLEAR Now.NO MATTER HOW YOU CALL TITHERS SHEEPLES,We have determined to give more because we are convinced.We want to be foo.ls for Christ's sake.We will spend and be spent.We will work harder and give to the LORD JESUS Not Pastors.We won't only Tithe,We will Give All.Not Just Money,Our Strength and Intellect.Yes ALL.If we aren't slaves to sickness,Prostitutes,cultism and youthful lusts;we will see HIM lifted High.We owe all to Him,We owe all To JESUS!!

I want to thank God for all those who know the truth and aren't deterred by the distractions .I'm proud of those who stood for the Bible ,God's eternal TRUTH.I plead that we channel our energies to more productive ventures.The message of the Cross is more important.The World must Know That Only JESUS Saves.
I Hope the same energy used by those who felt shortchanged by some pastors will be devolved to preach ACTS 4:12.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Kingofrudy:

Upon all tithe our tickets no green. E no go better for all these scammers parading as pastors. Na medium stout dey hail grin
my brother, manU spoil my ticket I for pik beta tin ooo. No mind all these pastors they are stealing in God's name.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Lightening: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
derecho:
Malachi 3:10

Addressed to the Levite's. Are you a levite?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Tamakay(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
I really don't want to comment but lipsrsealed I must say we have brilliant dudes and babes on NL.

Seun Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Abudu2000(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hahahaha, wait ooo, what oher evidence do these sheeples need to be convinced that this man is nothing but a scammer who should be in jail instead

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
Please let's leave this matter,i have commented severally on it even today.If you don't believe.Let it Go.I'm done with this discus,There are WEIGHTIER MATTERS THAN TITHING Tnx
Lightening:

Addressed to the Levite's. Are you a levite?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Maximus85(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
kirajustice:

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/24/dont-pay-tithe-permanently-beggar-oyedepo/

WAWUUuuu Still those paying you tithe for years can't afford to send their children to your schools sir. Where are their blessings? And where in the Bible did it say tithing secure your destiny?

Chaiiiiii, God is sooooo patient.

Many are so blinded by this unscrupulous slash unscriptural teachings.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Maximus85(m): 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
But my question is, why are all these tithe receiving pastors all fighting back? If they really are collecting tithes for God and they believe God can defend himself, they should handover the opposers to God nar?

These defenses is now more than the attack. Something is fishy!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bionixs: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
yemmight:
A lot of successful individuals that i know who dont give tithe. Instead of being beggars, they have remained givers. A lot of emphasis on tithes in Nigeria.
yes ,they announce it to you and the world before they pay or that they have paid
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bionixs: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
I have respect for oyedepo. God has used him to do a lot great things for his Kingdom. He founded two universities in Nigeria with facilities comparable to what is obtainable outside the shore of this country and he has plans to build another one in Ghana.
His achievement alone is enough for anyone to swallow whatever he says as the ultimate truth coming from God.
In as much as I believe in giving to the church,the idea that a Christian must tithe is one that even Bishop oyedepo will not convince me to accept. It is obvious that such practice were done away with all the other loads of practices recorded in the old testament.
The only giving acceptable and recorded in the new testament is free will donation. Any other giving is nothing but manmade.
However those who feel they must tithe are free to do so but saying that those who don't tithe are cursed and going to hell is nothing but madness.
where did he say non payers will go to hell
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bionixs: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
purem:
Daddy freeze really got this man hard o grin
freez your to!e model balling with hushpuppi
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mildflame: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bionixs: 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
deebrain:
Sir, Whether it makes me a beggar or it makes me a millionaire, whether the church uses the money to build an orphanage or send a LovePeddler to school, I WILL PAY MY TITHE. AND DO IT PROUDLY.

Brilliant online critics, kill yourselves.
when I see unbelievers and ungodly men and women running amok on NL because of tithe and all of them turned hate preachers, I know that there is huge profit in what they are preaching against. if not,how can all these sit-at-home christian preachers who are instrument in the hand of the devil be talking tough in this way?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by iclass1: 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
perdollar:
afonja Christians get small sense pass afonja Muslims. Mr pastor cannot tell ppl to stop giving him, God of men awuf

is like your brain is inside your pocket
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by obatoro: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:

I like how you cleverly excluded Malachi(concluding chapter of the old testament) were God said his people should return to tithing and stop robbing him and also Hebrews were it was shown how not only the levites who can be intepreted as our modern day pastors are to receive the tithe but Jesus himself receives the tithe in heaven each time it is brought.

Like one of my revered mentors would say if you are looking for scriptures to support your error, you will find one..at the end of the day its a matter of spiritual insight, convictions and choice to do what is commanded..so if you like continue not tithing. When devourers finish with you, you will know how far.

My dear brother, I've been in the Christian race for more than 40 years and I've written a few books. you can't be telling me any nonsense about devourers.

I give generously and I will continue to give more than your tithe because my God deserves more than mere 10%.He has really blessed me you are the one that should go and carry your bible and study it properly. What you don't know is that the real devourers are your pastors. check out what I wrote about tithe, you will surely learn from it , if you want to.
https://www.nairaland.com/4184887/answers-tihte-questions#62510220
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
obatoro:

My dear brother, I've been in the Christian race for more than 40 years and I've written a few books. you can't be telling me any nonsense about devourers.

I give generously and I will continue to give more than your tithe because my God deserves more than mere 10%.He has really blessed me you are the one that should go and carry your bible and study it properly. What you don't know is that the real devourers are your pastors. check out what I wrote about tithe, you will surely learn from it , if you want to.
https://www.nairaland.com/4184887/answers-tihte-questions#62510220

Christian for more than 40years and even written a few books yet arguing 10% tithe, obviously you must be a super fake christian..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by bezimo(m): 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lightening:

Still no single bible reference. Smh

If it's important..you can check my previous submissions and see the references supporting my convictions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mildflame: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:

You are the one in hell so get lost with your irredemable ignorance.

Redeemable HELL bound follower explain to me this DEMONIC act ur papa OYEDEPO daughter is performing

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mildflame: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
OYEDEPO the Prosperity Pastor P.I.M.P behaving like the authority Martin Luther questioned, never backing his words with scriptures but with MAN MADE words

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Caleycash(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nigerians pay more tithes than any country on earth yet we have more poor people than any country on earth and poverty keeps growing at almost double digits yearly. Thers is nothing wrong in paying a tithe when you feel led but make sure you pay it to a true temple of God and not some conman
very annoying and useless country, with bunch of morons who don't think for themselves!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by robo01(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by onyedika2015: 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
His generation will be poor for ever,back to him what ever u wish for someone u will get ten thousand time oyedepo or what ever u call your self.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Funkybabee(f): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
So sorry to say sir.....it's uncalled for..... Are u a God
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
A minister who demands for tithe is the real thief, if they claim to be billionaires they should stop asking for offering and tithes.

Anyone one who want to argue Malachi 3.3 should start from Chapter 1 you will see that God was referring to the priests not worshipers.

If paying tithes make people rich , why do they still make members to sow seeds? angry

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by wiloy2k8(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
deebrain:

You.

Thanks for caring.

Ode

your papa and mama Ode .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by obatoro: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:

Christian for more than 40years and even written a few books yet arguing 10% tithe, obviously you must be a super fake christian..
When you check the link you will see other super fake Christians like me who are denomination founders.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by translux(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
Vuvuzela101:
Oyedepo you are s fraudster. Tithe thief. Read Deut 14 22 to 28.
Rubbish.

Oga madam take am easy nah.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Lantosed: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
I have respect for oyedepo. God has used him to do a lot great things for his Kingdom. He founded two universities in Nigeria with facilities comparable to what is obtainable outside the shore of this country and he has plans to build another one in Ghana.
His achievement alone is enough for anyone to swallow whatever he says as the ultimate truth coming from God.
In as much as I believe in giving to the church,the idea that a Christian must tithe is one that even Bishop oyedepo will not convince me to accept. It is obvious that such practice were done away with all the other loads of practices recorded in the old testament.
The only giving acceptable and recorded in the new testament is free will donation. Any other giving is nothing but manmade.
However those who feel they must tithe are free to do so but saying that those who don't tithe are cursed and going to hell is nothing but madness.
I think the truth is clear for everybody to see except if you choose to be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Ataegbiti: 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
God bless you! Ur head dy there jare!
Oya chop 10000 gbosas

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" / "Before Having That Sex" / COZA Pastor Biodun Gets Luxurious Porsche, Unveils It To Church Members (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.