Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

"I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari (1322 Views)

Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures / APC: We Will Never Allow Ex-convict Joshua Dariye To Contest Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari by Isokowadoo: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd) has said that he will not seek any elective office again after Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Although he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.
mouth
‎​

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/16766-i-will-never-contest-elections-again

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-only-deathll-stop-me-from-contesting-buhari/

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/2947-buhari-contesting-in-2015-is-an-obligation

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/169844-dont-contest-2015-election-prominent-islamic-cleric-sheikh-gumi-tells-buhari.html
Re: "I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari by merit455(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
Old story, only zombie's think Buhariam is straight forward

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari by psucc(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
Yes he so said but later Change his mind and brought the change that has brought Nigeria fane and shame. The change that will be difficult to change. The change that has refused to change.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari by merit455(m): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
psucc:
Yes he so said but later Change his mind and brought the change that has brought Nigeria fane and shame. The change that will be difficult to change. The change that has refused to change.
idiot
Re: "I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari by HoluwarTohbar(f): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
merit455:
idiot
Why do you hate truth so much?
Re: "I Will Not Contest Election Ever Again"- Buhari by Hisxellency: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
Eehyaa! am already missing you! wish you more Grace Mr presido

(1) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai Exposed..... / Ambode Expands Projects Includes Apapa-oshodi Express & Ladipo Market(photo) / VP Osinbajo's Daughter Set To Marry Son Of Hajia Bola Shagaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.