Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding (63648 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies One Week To His White Wedding (Photo) / Bride Blasted For Kneeling Down To Greet Guests At Her White Wedding / Small, Physically Challenged Man Marries Pretty Lady. White Wedding Pics Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by cstr1000: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
Chloekim:
I'm proud of them. I'm proud to be a witness of Jehovah like the couples.
Abeg, what is the steps to marry a Jehovan witness lady?

I heard that you don't approach the intended partner by yourself just like Deeper life.

Abeg confirm for me. I dey eye one JW lady for my area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Kobicove(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
Simple and straight to the point...

You must not break the bank because you want to have a wedding smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
NextGovernor:
Non be by clothes. Na by understanding and living happily after marriage.

If na by clothes and extravangant marriage take dey last.
Where is Totoh and Churchill marriage today?
Where is Franklin Ubi marriage today?
I can keep counting hundreds of A-listed marriage ceremonies that crash in less than 5years.

TONTO not totoh, haba na
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by gretblue: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
Kendroid:

Ezatily.....I once dated a girl that kept on talking about her white wedding, describing the kinda gown she wonna wear and how the gown will expose disandat until the very day we broke, in fact whenever i need her to smile, i talk about how lavish her wedding will be...

The tin kinda turns her ON grin
The funny part, ask her what would be her contributions in the elaborate wedding, absolutely nothing.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
noskcid:
Some people sha
A young woman putting on a white dress for her wedding shows that she's untouched, a virgin, clean and unadulterated.
Not the olosho in disguise oo
A virgin girl is to put on a white dress for her wedding because white represents something that's not defiled yet.
true talk but when is time for u to marry offer cream color or orange to ur bride because u know about her abortions and exes and the escapades on Facebook...

If she agrees your negotiating prowess will be needed in yemen and Syria �����
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by HeyCorleone(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Africans have no mind of their own. Inferiority complex is still a plague amongst us with no vaccine nor cure for it yet.

For an African, white wedding is only a display of foolishness. The most important part of a wedding is parental consent and acceptance of bride price.

I think many Nigerian youth should do a little research on the history of weddings as obtainable in different parts of the world.

The subtle use of 'church wedding' instead of white wedding is what has affected the brains of Africans.

There is no such thing as church wedding!
Someone should please point it out from the bible. I think this is where we need Daddy freeze.

What is obtainable from Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Rachel is simply a traditional wedding. The wedding at Cana in John 3 where Jesus was a guest was a traditional wedding.

Now, I am not against exchange of marital vows in church and prophetic blessings for the marriage, however how we go about it is wrong!

We end up conducting two different wedding ceremonies for a couple.

I think the christian faith has got it all wrong as far as weddings is concerned in Africa. Because what we are suffering now is simply a conflict between the church and our tradition. Let everyone getting married invite their pastor to the tradition wedding to pray and lead them in exchange of marital vows after bride price has been paid or do so on Sunday in church during thanksgiving for the wedding.

The suit and the wedding gown is totally the white man's tradition and wedding ritual.

The couple above had it simple and worthy of an applause!

To buttress your point, the only forms of marriage recognized in the Bible are Traditional marriage (as you gave examples) and Court marriage.. That was why people like Deborah, Gideon and even Samson were able to bless unions. They were Judges.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Nigeman: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
NextGovernor:
Non be by clothes. Na by understanding and living happily after marriage.

If na by clothes and extravangant marriage take dey last.
Where is Totoh and Churchill marriage today?
Where is Franklin Ubi marriage today?
I can keep counting hundreds of A-listed marriage ceremonies that crash in less than 5years.

The greatest wedding ever witnessed in this our generation was Diana and Charles. What happened to the marriage.

Nonsense world.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Elnino4ladies: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
I love their simplicity
May Jah bless the union.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by ajebuter(f): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
kelechisblog:
Their church be jehova's witness nah (ama jehova).
Na their style

I'm a Jehovah's witness and it's not 'our style as you said.

Jehovah's witnesses elders would tell you before you get married to do so according to your pocket

Family of the bride would even be told to be extremely moderate in their demand for bride price and bride wealth

They tell you to remember life begins after the wedding not before or during the wedding

You may even face judicial panel if you incur debt after wedding and people start dragging you for your indebtedness

So, basically in JW, if you have money, large wedding and if you dont, have small wedding

ANd congregation members would be told not to get offended if they are not invited, it simply means the couple is managing according to their finances and we all respect that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by designVATExcel: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
The pulpit thoughgrin

Lmao I actually didn't notice until I read your post.

Lols.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by pweetiedee(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Tor
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by psalmuelwater(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
phoenix23401:
Im no witness, but i must say i am impressed with thier style... Personally they are the best christian denomination, they are a true representation of what Christianity should be, meekness and simplicity
Bros na true you talk, e be like say jehovah witnesses are the true christians o. Those guys understand the scriptures, but our pastors will be like they are not christians, so we shouldnt listen to them. If we all read our bible, those guys are 97% percent most of the times

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Oyindidi(f): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
designVATExcel:

Lmao I actually didn't notice until I read your post.

Lols.
gringrin very funny
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by cstr1000: 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
ajebuter:

I'm a Jehovah's witness and it's not 'our style as you said.

Jehovah's witnesses elders would tell you before you get married to do so according to your pocket

Family of the bride would even be told to be extremely moderate in their demand for bride price and bride wealth

They tell you to remember life begins after the wedding not before or during the wedding

You may even face judicial panel if you incur debt after wedding and people start dragging you for your indebtedness

So, basically in JW, if you have money, large wedding and if you dont, have small wedding

ANd congregation members would be told not to get annoyed if you are not invited, it simply means they are managing their finances

Ajebutter, how does a Non-JW get a JW lady for genuine reasons by following una due process.?
What are the due processes?
Because I sure say that lady no go ever gree if I no follow due process.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Investnow2017: 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
Afritop:
JEHOVAH WITNESSES. DOING WEDDINGS AS IF THEY ARE DEFENDING FINAL YEAR PROJECTS

Yes, marriage is a serious matter. Far more serious than final year project.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by jericco1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
you can't blame them. that's what they could afford.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Diso60090(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
Some Abuja runs babe nor go like this one ooh
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by ajebuter(f): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
cstr1000:

Ajebutter, how does a Non-JW get a JW lady for genuine reasons by following una due process.?
What are the due processes?
Because I sure say that lady no go ever gree if I no follow due process.

See this agbaya! grin grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by africanusvu(m): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
She is right.I Christianity. White weeding gown signified purity and is suppose to be worn by virgin brides.but non virgin brides goes for coloured.that's the law
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Donpenny(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
Happy marriage life to them but I no won ear later say I stabbed him cuz he cheated me by doing small wedding when he promised me a carnival like wedding o
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Antipob777(f): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
With my level of education, personality and beauty, i cant go for this,

A presidential wedding is my taste. I cant marry a man that cant give me one million monthly for upkeep.

This a pure Ipob style of wedding. Hungry man wedding.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Investnow2017: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
I love their simplicity

May Jah bless the union.
Yes may JEHOVAH bless the union. They have brought praise to his name.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by cstr1000: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
ajebuter:

See this agbaya! grin grin grin grin
Why na?

This is not good o.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Kendroid: 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
gretblue:

The funny part, ask her what would be her contributions in the elaborate wedding, absolutely nothing.

Lols, she hardly even talk about the provisions...

All she knows is where she would do her wedding, the kinda wedding dress to wear, and blah blah blah...we sef go just sidon dey look... grin
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Coolgent(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
mtss Nairaland should be rename to AmeboLand.
So what do u what us to do!
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Investnow2017: 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Spanner4:

A fat lie

People like that you simply ignore them. He even commented off topic.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Investnow2017: 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Spanner4:

A fat lie

People like that; you simply ignore them. He even commented off topic.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by gretblue: 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
Kendroid:

Lols, she hardly even talk about the provisions...

All she knows is where she would do her wedding, the kinda wedding dress to wear, and blah blah blah...we sef go just sidon dey look... grin
You have simply made a good decision.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Elnino4ladies: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Investnow2017:

Yes may JEHOVAH bless the union. They have brought praise to his name.

Exactly bro.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Dollabiz: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Simple
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by 1miccza: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
The guy for just wear boxers and polo too to complete the equation.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
This must be Jehovah witness wedding, they dont believe in so many things cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Release Pre-Wedding Photo Shot inside Toilet with Groom 'Pooing' / White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic) / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.