Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change (572 Views)

It’s Time To Face Justice, Wike Tells Amaechi / APC Fails In Bid To Change House Leadership / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by SoilSkin(f): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2010
http://soilskin..com/2010/03/open-road-for-us.html

As you site at your computer there's a MILLION MAN march being organized by Nigerian youth all around the world. cheesy
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by otawa: 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
As you site at your computer there's a MILLION MAN march being organized by Nigerian youth all around the world.

keep dreaming.

3million man march for Abacha did nothing, you believe 1million man march will do anything?

we need a few good men and women ready to laid down their lives like Gideon Okaha.
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Mar 26, 2010
otawa:

keep dreaming.

3million man march for Abacha did nothing, you believe 1million man march will do anything?

we need a few good men and women ready to laid down their lives like Gideon Okaha.

Why cant u be one of them
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by SoilSkin(f): 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

[/b]

Why cant u be one of them

that's why nothing has changed yet can you IMAGINE?

look at the United States civil rights movement , looking at America now would you believe there was a time when a black man could not even use the same toilet as a white man but now it seems like a crazy thought,

i believe we will one day say it's a crazy idea for Nigeria to not have constant electricity and running water etc , if we don't believe in it, who will?
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2010
SoilSkin:

that's why nothing has changed yet can you IMAGINE?

look at the United States civil rights movement , looking at America now would you believe there was a time when a black man could not even use the same toilet as a white man but now it seems like a crazy thought,

i believe we will one day say it's a crazy idea for Nigeria to not have constant electricity and running water etc , if we don't believe in it, who will?

Very true, but Nigerians dont like to fight for what they blv in, they blv that someone will come and fight for them
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by hakanai(m): 3:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
please i need to know what we will fight for ?i have a problem understanding which one is priority.Government is new but full of PDP.so who or what are we to fight now undecided?
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
haka_nai:

please i need to know what we will fight for ?i have a problem understanding which one is priority.Government is new but full of PDP.so who or what are we to fight now undecided?

There is more than enuf to fight for:
Fight for no light
Fight for no good roads
Fight for no security
Fight for terrible education
Fight for the lawbreakers at the expense of your money and mine.

Yet, we are using Billions to service loans that we never seen the effect of it on the nation.
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by SoilSkin(f): 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
haka_nai:

I think we should hold govmt officials new or old or whatever to following through with their promises  , for starters no matter what I don't believe we can afford inaction
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by Fhemmmy: 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2010
^^^ True that . .
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by chosen04(f): 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2010
otawa:

Keep deceiving yourself

Gideon Okar did not die for Nigeria. He laid down his life fighting for the liberation of his middle belt people from the criminal north.

I can do same for my people. But i can never do same for the curse called Nigeria
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by SoilSkin(f): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
chosen04:

Keep deceiving yourself

Gideon Okar did not die for Nigeria. He laid down his life fighting for the liberation of his middle belt people from the criminal north.

I can do same for my people. But i can never do same for the curse called Nigeria

if Nigeria is a curse what does that make you ? one who comes from a cursed land no be so ?
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by REALTRUTH1: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
chosen04:

Keep deceiving yourself
You just made me laugh so hard that my head had to hit the wall,,,,You re damn too funny!!!
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by chosen04(f): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2010
SoilSkin:

if Nigeria is a curse what does that make you ? one who comes from a cursed land no be so ?

Let me borrow the words of the Yoruba Icon Pa Abraham Adesanya--

"I first of all see myself as an Egba man before I see myself as an Ogun State man before I see myself as a Yoruba man before I see myself as a South Western man before I see myself as a Nigerian, If at all Nigeria is a country and not just a mere geographical expression"

^^^^I also see myself in same light, but from my profile view.
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by RichyBlacK(m): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
SoilSkin:

As you site at your computer there's a MILLION MAN march being organized by Nigerian youth all around the world. cheesy

Great idea!

How can those of thousands of miles away assist in this movement?

I'm tired of the zombies in Abuja!
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by sojjy: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
Our mentality must be changed if truely we want the best for this country.The youths as tomorrow's leaders must rise up against all the hawks in the govt(from local to national level)and demand a better governance.We can't continue to be suffering in the midst of plenty while some recycled old men are amassing more wealth at the expense of the poor masses.It's high time we demanded for our rights without entertaining any kind of fear.
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by sojjy: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2010
Our mentality must be changed if truely we want the best for this country.The youths as tomorrow's leaders must rise up against all the hawks in the govt(from local to national level)and demand a better governance.We can't continue to be suffering in the midst of plenty while some recycled old men are amassing more wealth at the expense of the poor masses.It's high time we demanded for our rights without entertaining any kind of fear.
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by SoilSkin(f): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Great idea!

go to the website at the bottom of the blog it'll take you to the homepage or the organization,
really i think first awareness must be spread
most importantly there must be an earnest belief (a movement is nothing without faith) in the countries ability to change
then there must be action, i'm not saying everyone should pack their belongings in a ghana must go style bag and waka to naija but there are numerous things we can do to impact our country from where we are. Personally i'm a member of the Umu Igbo Aliance in chicago and the african cultural association at my school University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign we have lots of learning opportunity for people my age to know what's going on in our country and get involved
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by SoilSkin(f): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2010
RichyBlacK:

Great idea!

^there it is^

scroll tot he bottom of the post the website is there for the clicking grin
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by RichyBlacK(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2010
SoilSkin:

^there it is^

scroll tot he bottom of the post the website is there for the clicking grin

Excellent!

I've heard of the Umu Igbo Alliance in Chicago from some of my friends in the Windy City.

Thanks!
Re: Enough Is Enough It's Time For Nigeria To Change by monkeyleg: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2010
Nice one. We must all demand change if change is ever going to come.

Some times i have a real big problem with people who sit thier arses dwon and do nothing. We are notoriously known as a do-nothing country.

I remember an (Oyibo Man), once saying to me that it looks like the Walls in Nigeria have holes, that when people are pushed they dont fight back, but simply slip through the holes.

The Bastards that rule us are doing the nonsense they are doing because the know clearly well that as usual, nothing will happen.

How can a thief like Ibori rule a state for 8yrs, not do 1 tangible thing, steal all the money (serious money), and still be working free.

(1) (Reply)

Ministerial List / Letter To Obama On General Babangida And Nigerian Elections In 2011 / Ex-governor Warns Against Election Rigging In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.