Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) (30406 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:
[s][/s]

TRASH
as usual. what people say when their brain power can't handle the argument and provide facts
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
The population of Rome is less than 3 million people.
Rome which had an empire which comprised France, England, Egypt, Syria, Turkey, Greece, Italy...
That defeats your argument of "we plenty pass you". Why do I even have to keep debating while I have proven all my points already ?
Those slaves who were dropped in Lagos really mananged to mess up you peoples brains.

try and use your brain. I'm not talking of conquest. I'm giving you reasons why Yoruba birthed Edo as an ethnic group by sending out oranmiyan to establish Benin kingdom and be the first king of benin just the same way other children went out to birth Yoruba subgroups. not about war and conquest. use your brain please.

you have comprehension problem and you're giving yourself medal for going off point.

let me explain better since you have the brain of a toddler. I'm trying to give you reasons why Benin will rather be a Yoruba group like ondo, Ekiti and co and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
@Jaideyone, provide me just one proof of any precolonial "yoruba" king being referred to as Oba before colonisation.
Don't you find it funny that almost all your yoruba chiefs have added the word Oba to their title, and this includes even village heads !
The word Oba is a diminutif for the expression: Omo n'Oba n'Edo. The word isn't the title on its own.
Don't you also find it strange that the Oba of Benin has only one title: Omo n'Oba n'Edo while your "yoruba-kings" have titles such as "alake", "alafin", "ooni" ...
Oba in Yoruba means he who is above all things (as in Oba ba lori o n gbogbo). for the umpteenth time keep your meaning to yourself. you are not in the right position to tell us the meaning and origin of our words. mind your own history and stop constituting a nuisance to other people's language just to feel superior. it's a failed attempt

even all the ooni, alake, oluwo have always been described as Oba ogunwusi, Oba Adeyemi, etc.

Oba has always been king for as long as Yoruba came into existence
https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_(ruler)&grqid=dRsW14IY&hl=en-NG

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
You can't have a rational discussion if your premises are fables.
Oranmiyan, Oduduwa ... All those are fables, folklors.
All kingdoms including japan and russia and england and france have their fables and folklors.
In the olden days all kings would even claim to descend from the gods (african, european, middle eastern, even asian kings)
Now, let us get back to a logical discussion !
1) I provided precolonial maps showing what the Benin Kingdom was and it comprised all the lands which you now call "yorubaland".
2) I asked you to provide proof of any yoruba being titled Oba before colonization, and you showed none !
3) You don't seem to understand that nobody birthed anybody ! What I know is that you yoruba (slave returnees excluded) used to be citizens of a country called Benin kingdom ! And the King of the Benin Kingdom is Omo n'Oba n'Edo.

Jaideyone:
try and use your brain. I'm not talking of conquest. I'm giving you reasons why Yoruba birthed Edo as an ethnic group by sending out oranmiyan to establish Benin kingdom and be the first king of benin just the same way other children went out to birth Yoruba subgroups. not about war and conquest. use your brain please.

you have comprehension problem and you're giving yourself medal for going off point.

let me explain better since you have the brain of a toddler. I'm trying to give you reasons why Benin will rather be a Yoruba group like ondo, Ekiti and co and not the other way round.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
You can't have a rational discussion if your premises are fables.
Oranmiyan, Oduduwa ... All those are fables folklors.
All kingdoms including japan and russia and england and france have their fables and folklors.
In the olden days all kings would even claim to descend from the gods (african, european, middle easter, even asian kings)
Now, let us get back to a logical discussion !
1) I provided precolonial maps showing what the Benin Kingdom was and it comprised all the lands which you now call "yorubaland".
2) I asked you to provide proof of any yoruba being titled Oba before colonization, and you showed none !
3) You don't seem to understand that nobody birthed anybody ! What I know is that you yorubaused to be citizens of a country called Benin kingdom !

lol Yorubas were under Benin kingdom only in your dream. I repeat there was no time in history when Benin people were ever in charge of Yoruba land. this is one map for you.

I wonder why you ate Fry ng so hard to prove Yorubas were once under Benin. that only happened in your dream.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
Are you seriously giving me wikipedia as a source ?
Man this is a serious insult to my intelligence.
Anybody can write those wikipedia pages, I myself have had fun writing and modifying some of those.
Either you are just a kid, either you really think I am stuupid enough to believe wikipedia when the subject is African history.
Look, I provided pre-colonial maps which are historical documents, so I expect nothing less from you.
Provide historical documents, wikipedia is no such thing.

Jaideyone:
Oba in Yoruba means he who is above all things (as in Oba ba lori o n gbogbo). for the umpteenth time keep your meaning to yourself. you are not in the right position to tell us the meaning and origin of our words. mind your own history and stop constituting a nuisance to other people's language just to feel superior. it's a failed attempt

even all the ooni, alake, oluwo have always been described as Oba ogunwusi, Oba Adeyemi, etc.

Oba has always been king for as long as Yoruba came into existence
https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_(ruler)&grqid=dRsW14IY&hl=en-NG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2017
Jesus Christ of Nazareth ! dude when will you just admit the obvious: I have proven all my claims and you are just being silly !
Your map was made by a computer, therefor it is not a pre-colonial map ! Indeed in those days computers didn't exist !
I thought you were being ignorant, now I know that you are being fraudulant.
You know your map is fake and every adult with a minimum educational baggage also knows that.
I just wonder how you could think so little of my intelligence to post that map ?
This is a serious insult.
Jaideyone:
lol Yorubas were under Benin kingdom only in your dream. I repeat there was no time in history when Benin people were ever in charge of Yoruba land. this is one map for you.

I wonder why you ate Fry ng so hard to prove Yorubas were once under Benin. that only happened in your dream.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
Anybody can write those wikipedia pages, I myself have had fun writing and modifying some of those.
Either you are just a kid, either you really think I am stuupid enough to believe wikipedia when the subject is African history.
Look, I provided pre-colonial maps which are historical documents, so I expect nothing less from you.

stop playing dumb. Wikipedia articles come with references. Go there and verify the references. Yoruba and Benin people existed as separate people and there was no time in history when the Benin kingdom ruled Yorubas. Any retard to draw up the maps in your videos too. Give me a full written text of the Benin king that conquered Yoruba land and the territories he took. How he took them and I'll galdly punch holes in your dvmb story.

The latest event that took place before the coming of the white men was the Yoruba-fulani war and the Yoruba civil war that saw egba, ijebu, Oyo, Ekiti and osogbo all fighting themselves just a few years before the colonial masters arrived. I know my history so shove that nonsense map of yours somewhere else.
This is a map of the Oyo empire when it controlled majority of Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by PrinceOgun: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:

He can't produce nothing apart from lies and trash written at the now defunct Ibadan printing press

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
So I am to do the work in your place and go through the "sources" ?
Look, if you are so confident in your unverified wikipedia claims then why don't you just go through the sources and prove that the claims are true ?
If you want to be at my level of knowledge then you need to provide first hand knowledge as I did when I provided actual historical documents !
Providing a page which was allegedly written by people who had access to historical documents is way below my level and your method is very fraudulent in nature.
Once again, your map is fake and it is a recently made map unlike the maps which I posted which were made several hundred years ago by people who visited our ancestors and went into our land in order to make the maps !

Jaideyone:
stop playing dumb. Wikipedia articles come with references. Go there and verify the references. Yoruba and Benin people existed as separate people and there was no time in history when the Benin kingdom ruled Yorubas. Any retard to draw up the maps in your videos too. Give me a full written text of the Benin king that conquered Yoruba land and the territories he took. How he took them and I'll galdly punch holes in your dvmb story.

The latest event that took place before the coming of the white men was the Yoruba-fulani war and the Yoruba civil war that saw egba, ijebu, Oyo, Ekiti and osogbo all fighting themselves just a few years before the colonial masters arrived. I know my history so shove that nonsense map of yours somewhere else.
This is a map of the Oyo empire when it controlled majority of Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
Jesus Christ of Nazareth ! dude when will you just admit the obvious: I have proven all my claims and you are just being silly !
Your map was made by a computer, therefor it is not a pre-colonial map ! Indeed in those days computers didn't exist !
I thought you were being ignorant, now I know that you are being fraudulant.
You know your map is fake and every adult with a minimum educational baggage also knows that.
I just wonder how you could think so little of my intelligence to post that map ?
This is a serious insult.

Stop being emotional. Read my previous post. No one gives a Bleep about your so called precolonial map. I don't have time to watch one video cos u want a prove a point I know is a lie.

Your point is Benin ruled Yoruba land? Good give me a detailed history of hoa Benin conquered Yoruba land. I need the year and a screenshot of your map. I'm not watching any video.

My point is both Benin and Oyo empire were very separate entities. The fact that my map is a computer created one doesn't make it false. Precolonial times like you said, Yorubas fought Fulani, nupe, Dahomey and fought amongst themselves. I can give you a time line of these events.

The Yoruba civil war was ongoing when the whites intervened and brought Yoruba under colonial rule.

You are the one claiming the phantom achievement. It's your job to give me a story!!! I'm waiting

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
So I am to do the work in your place and go through the "sources" ?
Look, if you are so confident in your unverified wikipedia claims then why don't you just go through the sources and prove that the claims are true ?
If you want to be at my level of knowledge then you need to provide first hand knowledge as I did when I provided actual historical documents !
Providing a page which was allegedly written by people who had access to historical documents is way below my level and your method is very fraudulent in nature.
Once again, you r map is fake and it is a recently made map unlike the maps which I posted which were made several hundred years ago by people who visited our ancestors and went into our land in order to make the maps !

lol you are the one peddling lies. Or you just have serious comprehension problem. Benin and Oyo empire never had any clash!!! If you conquered Yorubas give me the written history. I can make a YouTube video and post it to spread lies too.

Yorubas fought the Fulani, nupe, Dahomey and a civil war a before the coming of the white men. Simple!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Look, I don't give stories. I give evidence.
You have admitted that your map was made with the use of computers, yet you still claim that your map is not fake ?
Either your brain is lagging either you have been able to create a time machine and you travelled into the past with a computer to make your map.
In the way you talk it is obvious you are not reasoning. You are camped on your positions and no amount of proof and facts will make you move away from your unproven beliefs which incidentally are being logically exposed as false.
Look, I provide no stories and I don't need to, I have already provided evidence in the form of precolonial maps.
I have no story to tell, just evidence to show !
QED.

Jaideyone:

Stop being emotional. Read my previous post. No one gives a Bleep about your so called precolonial map. I don't have time to watch one video cos u want a prove a point I know is a lie.

Your point is Benin ruled Yoruba land? Good give me a detailed history of hoa Benin conquered Yoruba land. I need the year and a screenshot of your map. I'm not watching any video.

My point is both Benin and Oyo empire were very separate entities. The fact that my map is a computer created one doesn't make it false. Precolonial times like you said, Yorubas fought Fulani, nupe, Dahomey and fought amongst themselves. I can give you a time line of these events.

The Yoruba civil war was ongoing when the whites intervened and brought Yoruba under colonial rule.

You are the one claiming the phantom achievement. It's your job to give me a story!!! I'm waiting
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
There was never any such thing as oyo empire.
There was an oyo kingdom, but it was a young and small kingdom which got defeated by the fulani who subsequently took over the capital of oyo.
Your kins who are always very attracted to history theft tried to steal the Benin history and give it to oyo by inventing the notion of "oyo empire".
Once again, I have no story to tell. I have evidence to give !
Jaideyone:
lol you are the one peddling lies. Or you just have serious comprehension problem. Benin and Oyo empire never had any clash!!! If you conquered Yorubas give me the written history. I can make a YouTube video and post it to spread lies too.

Yorubas fought the Fulani, nupe, Dahomey and a civil war a before the coming of the white men. Simple!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
There was never any such thing as oyo empire.
There was an oyo kingdom, but it was a young and small kingdom which got defeated by the fulani who subsequently took over the capital of oyo.
Your kins who are always very attracted to history theft tried to steal the Benin history and give it to oyo by inventing the notion of "oyo empire".
Once again, I have no story to tell. I have evidence to give !
grin so now that you can't give any written history or timeline of when the Benin kingdom was in charge of the southwest you suddenly abandon that line of argument and start talking about Oyo.

there was an Oyo empire. if you have any contrary evidence bring it forward grin you can't just wish other people's history away or claim dominance where it never existed. give us proofs you conquered Yorubas or you are just blowing empty air
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2017
I am just wondering how these people can actually believe that these methods would work in the year 2017 ?
I know they have managed to hoodwink a lot of people who now call themselves yoruba and who have lost touch with the reality of their past.
But how in hell can anybody think this method would work today, especially against a people whose history is so well documented as the Edo ?
PrinceOgun:

He can't produce nothing apart from lies and trash written at the now defunct Ibadan printing press
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
Look, I don't give stories. I give evidence.
You have admitted that your map was made with the use of computers, yet you still claim that your map is not fake ?
Either your brain is lagging either you have been able to create a time machine and you travelled into the past with a computer to make your map.
In the way you talk it is obvious you are not reasoning. You are camped on your positions and no amount of proof and facts will make you move away from your unproven beliefs which incidentally are being logically exposed as false.
Look, I provide no stories and I don't need to, I have already provided evidence in the form of precolonial maps.
I have no story to tell, just evidence to show !
QED.

I've told you what happened just before the coming of the white men. tell me when Benin people ruled Yorubas so I can counter your point. give me a time line. say 1500-1800. just give me a timeline and let me bring down your fake story
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
I am just wondering how these people can actually believe that these methods would work in the year 2017 ?
I know they have managed to hoodwink a lot of people who now call themselves yoruba and who have lost touch with the reality of their past.
But how in hell can anybody think this method would work today, especially against a people who history is so well documented as the Edo ?
all these lies and emotional drama doesn't work. give me a time line and let me see a picture of that your map!!! grin

eg Benin people ruled Yoruba between 1600-1700AD then attach a picture of the map and let me give you my own argument. simple!!!

you just expect to bring lies and we change our well documented history for you? no way!!!

BTW something tells me the Benin people you are referring to are the Dahomey who attacked egba and lost. those are the current Benin republic people which is very different from the Benin people from current Edo state.

so pls sir. give me the year for that your map and attach a picture of your map since I can't watch your video now. thanks I'm waiting
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
I can't give any story because unlike you, I am not a liar !
I don't pretend that I saw things which happened more than one thousand years ago !
Rather than that, I come with evidence and I prove my claims !
I didn't address your oyo claims earlier because you make too many unsubstantiated claims and I have to chose which ones to address (because I am only human).
The only pre-colonial map on which I saw oyo showed a small kingdom and the map was made the same century the fulani overran oyo and took its capital.
The map was on the gallica website which belongs to the Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
Jaideyone:
grin so now that you can't give any written history or timeline of when the Benin kingdom was in charge of the southwest you suddenly abandon that line of argument and start talking about Oyo.

there was an Oyo empire. if you have any contrary evidence bring it forward grin you can't just wish other people's history away or claim dominance where it never existed. give us proofs you conquered Yorubas or you are just blowing empty air
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by PrinceOgun: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
But how in hell can anybody think this method would work today, especially against a people who history is so well documented as the Edo ?

Dem norget shame now norbe today

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
I just wonder what these guys gain in just telling lies all the time.
Are they trying to lie to us or to themselves ?
I am asking because obviously their lies can't work on us, indeed we actually have proof of what we claim
PrinceOgun:

Dem norget shame now norbe today
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
I can't give any story because unlike you, I am not a liar !
I don't pretend that I saw things which happened more than one thousand years ago !
Rather than that, I come with evidence and I prove my claims !
I didn't address your oyo claims earlier because you make too many unsubstantiated claims and I have to chose which ones to address (because I am only human).
The only pre-colonial map on which I saw oyo showed a small kingdom and it the map was made the same century the fulani overran oyo and took its capital.
The map was on the gallica website which belongs to the Bibliothèque National de France.
all these ones you are saying is gibberish. the history of the Oyo kingdom is well documented. if you want to argument that let's settle your first line of argument that Benin ruled Yorubas. give me the year.

I've read widely on Yoruba history with an open mind and the Fulani and nupe were the only kingdoms that gave us a tough time. I can't pretend to be there back then. you weren't there too.

since you found the maps and the video on it then there must be a written text from any source at all on how Benin people ruled Yorubas and enslaved us grin pls I want to see it. thanks

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
I just wonder what these guys gain in just telling lies all the time.
Are they trying to lie to us or to themselves ?
I am asking because obviously their lies can't work on us, indeed we actually have proof of what we claim
you were about to find an ancient map yet you can't find text to five you an idea of the year the Benin people dominated Yorubas? grin you are the lair here.

the reason you are pained now is because I refused to accept your people ruled my people hundreds of years ago when you're not able to prove it. grin the thing really pain you o
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Once again, I am not like you, I don't make up stories.
But I have to tell you about the logics of your question.
I found no historical document which refers to the yoruba more than (~200) years ago
I have also said several times here that I believed the "yoruba"-people are nothing but a myth created by slave returnees who had to make these tales up in order to blend in with the locals.
And now you want me to bring stories of Benin conquering the same yoruba who didn't exist, the same yoruba who are the fruit of slaves imagination ? How logical ?
Also when you say "Benin", you need to be more specific, Benin City is just the capital of the Benin Kingdom which (as you can see on the precolonial maps) comprised what you currently refer to as yorubaland !

Jaideyone:
all these ones you are saying is gibberish. the history of the Oyo kingdom is well documented. if you want to argument that let's settle your first line of argument that Benin ruled Yorubas. give me the year.

I've read widely on Yoruba history with an open mind and the Fulani and nupe were the only kingdoms that gave us a tough time. I can't pretend to be there back then. you weren't there too.

since you found the maps and the video on it then there must be a written text from any source at all on how Benin people ruled Yorubas and enslaved us grin pls I want to see it. thanks
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
Once again, I am not like you, I don't make up stories.
But I have to tell you about the logics of your question.
I found no historical document which refers to the yoruba more than (~200) years ago
I have also said several times here that I believed the "yoruba"-people are nothing but a myth created by slave returnees who had to make these tales up in order to blend in with the locals.
And now you want me to bring stories of Benin conquering the same yoruba who didn't exist, the same yoruba who are the fruit of slaves imagination ? How logical ?
Also when you say "Benin", you need to be more specific, Benin City is just the capital of the Benin Kingdom which (as you can see on the precolonial maps) comprised what you now refer to as yorubaland !

lol so Yorubas didn't exist 200 years ago? grin custodian of historical evidences!!! well-done sir!!! as for your phantom Benin kingdom that extended all the way from Edo across Yoruba land it's a lie till you give me a screenshot of that map here and the timeline for the map. I'm giving you a very simple task here

these clown wants me to believe Yorubas were not in existence 200 years ago grin you must be 15

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2017
I don't know how to do screenshots.
I provided more than one map and the maps are very detailed.
There is also a caption on the webste, if you click on the botten for information, you would be provided with the dates in which the maps were made. By the way, you don't give me a salary so you also don't have any task to give me.

Jaideyone:
lol so Yorubas didn't exist 200 years ago? grin custodian of historical evidences!!! well-done sir!!! as for your phantom Benin kingdom that extended all the way from Edo across Yoruba land it's a lie till you give me a screenshot of that map here and the timeline for the map. I'm giving you a very simple task here

these clown wants me to believe Yorubas were not in existence 200 years ago grin you must be 15
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
It seems the "yoruba" have ganged up once again. A fellow has been banned by the usual story tellers. I am probably next.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2017
Now this makes it two Edo guys who have been banned, so this is the yoruba way of "playing the game" ?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
I don't know how to do screenshots.
I provided more than one map and the maps are very detailed.
There is also a caption on the webste, if you click on the botten for information, you would be provided with the dates in which the maps were made. By the way, you don't give me a salary so you also don't have any task to give me.

according to one if your previous posts that is between 1699 to the 19th century. It was during thos period the Oyo empire fell to the Fulani and Ibadan rose from the ashes of oyo empire. Ibadan repelled Fulani attacks against osogbo and drove the fulanis (with the Ilorin Yoruba traitors) back to Ilorin.
Like I said earlier Ibadan rose from the ashes of the old Oyo empire. Ibadan was in charge of other Yoruba kingdoms like all the Ekiti kingdoms, ilesa, osogbo, etc. The egbas and ijebus were not exactly under Ibadan and they were all enemies of Ibadan. The Yoruba civil war followed with all Ekiti kingdoms coming together to fight Ibadan and also the egba and ijebu kingdom fighting Ibadan on another front!!! That is the Yoruba civil war that was on going when the British intervened

Now your lies

1.) Yoruba never existed before 200yrs ago(how can anyone be a secondary school graduate and believe this sh*t?) grin

2.) Slaves that came back created Yoruba as ethnic group? Does this even make sense to you?

3.) Benin ruled Yoruba land (you refused to tell me how your Benin people achieved this)

Your points are so shallow
https://oldnaija.com/tag/fulani-yoruba-wars/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalumi_War

http://www.worldcat.org/title/causes-of-the-19th-century-yoruba-civil-wars/oclc/47727943

http://www.academia.edu/31465979/Impact_of_the_19th_century_Yoruba_Civil_war_on_the_Economy_of_the_Yoruba_Land

Stop spreading lies!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
It seems you are deaf.
In order to be at the same level as the person you are talking to, you need to provide historical documents !
Writen notes of people who claim to have seen historical documents is insufficient. You need to show the documents yourself, just like I did !
And stop with the stories, just provide historical documents. Anybody can make up a story. And you have already tried to hoodwink me with a fake map. By the way I am proving all my claims with evidence and I refuse to join you in making up stories, therefor I can't be accused of spreading lies. You are the liar. You are the one who tried to introduce a fake map into the debate ! You are the one telling stories which allagedly happened 300 years before you were born.

Jaideyone:
according to one if your previous posts that is between 1699 to the 19th century. It was during thos period the Oyo empire fell to the Fulani and Ibadan rose from the ashes of oyo empire. Ibadan repelled Fulani attacks against osogbo and drove the fulanis (with the Ilorin Yoruba traitors) back to Ilorin.
Like I said earlier Ibadan rose from the ashes of the old Oyo empire. Ibadan was in charge of other Yoruba kingdoms like all the Ekiti kingdoms, ilesa, osogbo, etc. The egbas and ijebus were not exactly under Ibadan and they were all enemies of Ibadan. The Yoruba civil war followed with all Ekiti kingdoms coming together to fight Ibadan and also the egba and ijebu kingdom fighting Ibadan on another front!!! That is the Yoruba civil war that was on going when the British intervened

Now your lies

1.) Yoruba never existed before 200yrs ago(how can anyone be a secondary school graduate and believe this sh*t?) grin

2.) Slaves that came back created Yoruba as ethnic group? Does this even make sense to you?

3.) Benin ruled Yoruba land (you refused to tell me how your Benin people achieved this)

Your points are so shallow
https://oldnaija.com/tag/fulani-yoruba-wars/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalumi_War

http://www.worldcat.org/title/causes-of-the-19th-century-yoruba-civil-wars/oclc/47727943

http://www.academia.edu/31465979/Impact_of_the_19th_century_Yoruba_Civil_war_on_the_Economy_of_the_Yoruba_Land

Stop spreading lies!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81 / Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) / Masquerade Spotted Dancing Zanku / Leg Work On The Street(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.