Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) (30429 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
Sacrilege shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
He went to bend the knee
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by MrPresident1: 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ogidigan, you MUST go to Ile-Ife. All this one wey you dey do, I just dey look you cool

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by NonsoPlatinum: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel, they are trying to keep the language alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTyt1IqD6hk

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by staytravel: 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
NonsoPlatinum:
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted in the Igbo-British community. Have a look at their channel, they are trying to keep the language alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTyt1IqD6hk

#Igbowkenu ndi igbo ha biala!
This is so good to see.
I saw another video of them teaching Igbo verbs.

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT1gg2f_yoA[/youtube]
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
You guys need to stop fixating on religion. It is starting to look like an obsession and it explains why groups like boko haram can easily spring up from you people. What was the religion of your ancestors in 1530 A.C ?
There are much better things to discuss than religion: science, history, politics, economy, engineering, litterature...

Isokowadoo:
Sultan is an idol worshiping monarch.

Same as Oba of Benin

Difference is that one is Presiding over the poorest Enclave in Zo* republic while the other is An influential Monarch whose abode is free for all to live in
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
God bless the Oba of Benin, it was high time.
The quasi-absence of the Oba of Benin in diplomatic trips (outside of Benin Kingdom) allowed some imposters to pretend to be him.
I won't give their names but they will know who they are.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
I think you might be confusing game of thrones with reality.
There was no bending of knee involved in the visit.
Just two Kings in a diplomatic visit.
The Sultan of Sokoto had already visited the Oba of Benin at least twice.
careytommy7:
Sacrilege shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
He went to bend the knee

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
Let me guess: you are a yoruba and a big fan of the ooni of ife ?
emeijeh:
This young Oba should know that his father got respect from other monarchs and the world, by staying in the ancient city of Benin almost throughout his life time.

Maximum Respect to Omo n'oba n'edo uku akpolokpolor, Erediauwa II

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 27, 2017

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 12:04am On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:
The Greatest!!

THE NUMERO UNO KING OF THE SOUTH!!

THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE OBA

EVERY OTHER OBA IS A COPY CAT AND A FRUAD .... una know una self cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
keep deceiving yourself

http://nigerianfinder.com/top-10-most-powerful-kings-in-nigeria/

your Oba is third in the south after alaafin and ooni
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Jaideyone(m): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
he's not Yoruba. don't make a fool of yourself. a lot of your people here criticised the ooni even though Yorubas didn't complain about his traveling. he's one of such people.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 28, 2017
One alake woke up one day and decided to make a "ranking of obas" which consists of him just saying: "this guy is number one, this other guy is number two, this guy is number three and I am number four". And somehow that has become your bible ?
How old are you ? The title Oba comes from a longer title: "Omo n'Oba n'Edo".
Now go figure who is copying who ?
Also did your ooni or alafin fight against the british ?
The real Oba did !
Guess what his name was and what kingdom he ruled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

Jaideyone:
keep deceiving yourself

http://nigerianfinder.com/top-10-most-powerful-kings-in-nigeria/

your Oba is third in the south after alaafin and ooni

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 28, 2017
I was only guessing, not all my guesses can be spot on, as any human I can make mistakes while guessing rather than reasoning.
Look, the Oba has made only 2 visits outside of his kingdom, and that is after one year of his rule.
And really, I don't think you know the origin of the people who were unhappy with your ooni's more than frequent presence at parties, trips abroad, any sort of event whatsoever. The only thing I didn't like your ooni for was his misrepresentation of himself:
He is calling himself an emperor: when exactly did ife ever have an empire ?
Jaideyone:
he's not Yoruba. don't make a fool of yourself. a lot of your people here criticised the ooni even though Yorubas didn't complain about his traveling. he's one of such people.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 2:32am On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:
The Greatest!!

EVERY OTHER OBA IS A COPY CAT AND A FRUAD .... una know una self cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
ur so called ooni is not bigger than amayambo of okrika neither is he bigger than Igwe of my small village but he might be god in the south west but if he come down to east or Ss he must show respect,did he see any tribal marks on ur cheeks? So his power end with people with tiger craw face

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 28, 2017
yoruba story telling is really confusing the masses.
There is only one Oba and that is Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
I hate the fact that history keeps taking a beating in nigeria.
I have never seen a more confused people anywhere else.
nnokwa042:
ur so called ooni is not bigger than amayambo of okrika neither is he bigger than Igwe of my small village but he might be god in the south west but if he come down to east or Ss he must show respect,did he see any tribal marks on ur cheeks? So his power end with people with tiger craw face

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by DedeNkem: 3:33am On Nov 28, 2017
Worthless "leaders".
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by saint047(m): 4:19am On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:

Trash
zombie

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by mywells: 5:04am On Nov 28, 2017
Oba no dey travel this one travel ni sha , the gods are angry and if he wants to travel he should have made an historical visit to the emperor's of Japan where protocol are strict or Russian federation not Abuja.this one fall my hands oh
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 28, 2017
Long live d king! wia are d people screaming oba no dey go transfer?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by opribo(m): 5:50am On Nov 28, 2017
'Oba's across border' they are on the move, there mission is suspicious. Just behaving anyhow not like Oba's we used to know.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Danladi7: 5:51am On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:
The Greatest!!

stop being childish

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Danladi7: 5:54am On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:
One alake woke up one day and decided to make a "ranking of obas" which consists of him just saying: "this guy is number one, this other guy is number two, this guy is number three and I am number four". And somehow that has become your bible ?
How old are you ? The title Oba comes from a longer title: "Omo n'Oba n'Edo".
Now go figure who is copying who ?
Also did your ooni or alafin fight against the british ?
The real Oba did !
Guess what his name was and what kingdom he ruled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

you are too ignorant!

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by PrinceOgun: 6:05am On Nov 28, 2017
Danladi7:

you are too ignorant!

You are more ignorant, you better behave or you will get your medicine on this thread!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by emeijeh(m): 6:41am On Nov 28, 2017
historyworld030:

Wrong guess, I was born at 2nd east circular road, grew up at m m way. I believe you know where these roads are?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2017
Movingon:
PLS you all should stop saying what you dont know. it is better to learn daily than to prove you are an author of knowledge. I am repeating it again Its not a new thing. His fore fathers did same before him. Even Oba Akenzua II went as far as the UK to visit the Queen. so its a visit of appreciation for honoring his invitation to his coronation. Buhari, Osinbajo, the Sultan of Sokoto amongst others has also paid homage to him in his palace more than once. so its normal for him to say thanks and build on existing relationship...
Thank you for educating all these illiterate bro.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2017
A copycat Oba trying to immitate the one in South west. Next time he go go visit primary school principal 4 UK coz a university invited his MENTOR. Na real wa for una. Yes, Quote me dumbies.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by mapet: 8:03am On Nov 28, 2017
MasterKim:
Dz is Photoshop. Na only afonja oba dey travel grin

Oba of Benin is an "afonja Oba" na wink

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by gGGODDd(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2017
The king himself is the tradition of the pple. however he choses to rule automatically becomes the tradition. Thats why they say, Traditional rulers are the custodians of the pple's culture. they're d culture, so they change it n remake it to suit modernization. But I hope he also visits our urhobo monarchs or show them some honour eg HRM Oharisi 111(jp) ovie of ughelli, HRM Orhue 1, Orodje of Okpe n others. Today is my father's 66th posthumous birthday, HRM Onajite Igere Adjara 111 (JP)Ovie Of Ogor kingdom, Delta State. he was the oldest on throne and the chairman of Urhobo Traditional Rulers Council and also the chairman of Traditional Rulers Of Oil Mineral Producing Communities Of Nigeria (TROMPCON) he was also the first graduate to be crowned a monarch in (1986)after studying English and Linguistics from O.A.U ile-ife making him the first monarch graduate in Urhobo land and given staff of office by Ibrahim Babagida. he celebrated his 25th coronation anniversary which was graced by prominent monarchs n leaders across the country n diaspora. he joined his ancestors in 2014 may 9. although my eldest brother has been coronated king I always love and miss my father especially when I see his colleagues in news or when I see him in newspapers. Nairalanders show some love to HRM Onajite Igere Adjara 111 (JP). he's all I think of today!

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by odigbosky(m): 8:13am On Nov 28, 2017
Like i earlier predicted during HRM visit to Abuja where he met President and VP, i said his next stop would be Sokoto. Now his next visit would likely be at Kano to see the Emir there. He might see the Etsu Nupe who has visited him twice already since coronation. Probably after that he would be heading southwards to either Ile ife or Oyo and i expect the wailers to wail heavily during this period. He would visit Eko, Oba Jagabani has always been around. After that of the south west, i think the Obi of Onitsha woukd be next before he comes to the south south. Delta state is like his former abode so he has lots of monarchs to visit there but he will pick a few......

Umogun gha tokpere.......Ise!!!

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by odigbosky(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2017
gGGODDd:
The king himself is the tradition of the pple. however he choses to rule automatically becomes the tradition. Thats why they say, Traditional rulers are the custodians of the pple's culture. they're d culture, so they change it n remake it to suit modernization. But I hope he also visits our urhobo monarchs or show them some honour eg HRM Oharisi 111(jp) ovie of ughelli, HRM Orhue 1, Orodje of Okpe n others. Today is my father's 66th posthumous birthday, HRM Onajite Igere Adjara 111 (JP)Ovie Of Ogor kingdom, Delta State. he was the oldest on throne and the chairman of Urhobo Traditional Rulers Council and also the chairman of Traditional Rulers Of Oil Mineral Producing Communities Of Nigeria (TROMPCON) he was also the first graduate to be crowned a monarch in (1986)after studying English and Linguistics from O.A.U ile-ife making him the first monarch graduate in Urhobo land and given staff of office by Ibrahim Babagida. he celebrated his 25th coronation anniversary which was graced by prominent monarchs n leaders across the country n diaspora. he joined his ancestors in 2014 may 9. although my eldest brother has been coronated king I always love and miss my father especially when I see his colleagues in news or when I see him in newspapers. Nairalanders show some love to HRM Onajite Igere Adjara 111 (JP). he's all I think of today!

Trust me He would visit them. Either the Ovie of Ughelli or the Orodje of Okpe. It is likely he would visit both because if he stops at warri to see the Olu, he would stroll in to see the Ovie of Ugheli and since he would be coming through sapele road to Benin he would make a stop at the Orodje palace. If He should tour delta state it could be a month. He might see the Dein of Agbor probably or he could just be hosted by the whole Delta state council of Traditional rulers....i am just saying.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by Danladi7: 8:25am On Nov 28, 2017
PrinceOgun:

You are more ignorant, you better behave or you will get your medicine on this thread!
You are Also arrogant and deluded with your ignorance.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (Photos) by DTaj: 8:27am On Nov 28, 2017
emeijeh:
This young Oba should know that his father got respect from other monarchs and the world, by staying in the ancient city of Benin almost throughout his life time.

Maximum Respect to Omo n'oba n'edo uku akpolokpolor, Erediauwa II

Emeijeh, you were a bit unkind to Oba Ewuare...Even his father, Omo N'oba N'edo Uku Akpolokpolor, Erediauwa II who you mentioned, visited Oba Adesoji Aderemi, late Ooni of Ife, in his Ile-Ife palace. He also visited other monarchs.

Again, Oba Ewuare has only left Edo state once- his visit to the President at the Villa and Sultan of Sokoto? Or did you expect him not to visit his peer kings who attended his colourful coronation? It may even be difficult for an Oba in 2017 (Oba Ewuare) to have the same nuances as an Oba (Erediauwa) installed in 1979...

I do not think that there is anything wrong with the visit, Emeijeh.

Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) / Masquerade Spotted Dancing Zanku / Leg Work On The Street(video) / Olubadan, Lekan Balogun Dies At 81

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64