Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. (17689 Views)

After Selling Assets, FG May Sell Nigerians As Slaves To Fund Budget - Afenifere / FG Can’t Fund Budget 2018 Unless Assets Are Sold, Says Ministers / Buhari: We Will Fund Budget With N512bn Recovered Loot.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by aolawale025: 9:21am On Nov 28, 2017
The technical illiteracy in this government is very high. They seem to have some poor economists thinking for them

2 Likes

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by jolyment: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2017
You can sell Nigeria instead.

1 Like

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by IBBG(m): 9:23am On Nov 28, 2017
i hope they sell it to competent investor, with the capacity to manage the power asset, and not incompetent fools whose only concern is just to increase bills without making concerted efforts to improve power supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by rusher14: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2017
Government has no business in business.

Please sell those assets as we can never manage them.
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Arysexy(m): 9:27am On Nov 28, 2017
Anonimi why are you tormenting the zombies like this? This is pure savagery grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by obailala(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2017
Adekdammy:
There is not wrong in selling some assets lile the national theatre , in the hands of a good investor, the pride of national theatre would be restored and perhaps compete with muson centre but my challenge with this government is that they can't be trusted, why tell us budget will be financed with recovered loots and turn around to tell us you need to sell assets and borrow, it's either this govt acts before they think or the government is just too big for them to handle.

Sometimes one wonders whether people just intentionally put logic and objectivity aside when it comes to making meaningful criticism of govt activities. Several people keep shouting 'recovered funds! recovered funds' but the first real question a smart person should ask is, "How much has really been recovered and what percentage of the budget deficit can it cover?"

Here's a link by the other dude above who's shouting 'recovered funds'
http://punchng.com/fg-finance-2017-proposed-budget-n250bn-recovered-loots/

Now that link stated that the fg planned to fund the 2017 budget with n258bn, out of which only N72bn had already been recovered as at the time the statement was made (Dec 2016). So the question is, how exactly is N72bn or even n258bn supposed to finance a budget of over n6trillion and do you still think your argument on 'recovered funds' still makes sense?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by macaranta(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Yes

That's not bad if properly looked into

Some people will just comment as if they know all

For government to think of it

All stake holders have been consulted

And a decision was reached

Wailers cry me a river
Your zombiery is of epic proportions, smh
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by johnwonder02(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
...National Arts Theatre, TBS, national parks to go

...NNPC justifies 2.3mbpd for 2018 budget

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/11/fg-well-sell-power-plants-houses-fund-budget/

God is watching
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by rusher14: 9:29am On Nov 28, 2017
aolawale025:
The technical illiteracy in this government is very high. They seem to have some poor economics thinking for them

Everywhere around the world businesses are in the hands of private so what do you really mean?
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Tecno66: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
...National Arts Theatre, TBS, national parks to go

...NNPC justifies 2.3mbpd for 2018 budget

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/11/fg-well-sell-power-plants-houses-fund-budget/
Last time dey be wan sell the refineries. If they begin sell assets to fund budget, wetin go happen if the assets finish? My problem be say if na another party wan sell these things now, Lai Mohammed for don dey shout say them wan sell Nigeria assets finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by rusher14: 9:40am On Nov 28, 2017
Adekdammy:
There is not wrong in selling some assets lile the national theatre , in the hands of a good investor, the pride of national theatre would be restored and perhaps compete with muson centre but my challenge with this government is that they can't be trusted, why tell us budget will be financed with recovered loots and turn around to tell us you need to sell assets and borrow, it's either this govt acts before they think or the government is just too big for them to handle.

Please tell us where you read the budget would be funded SOLELY by recovered loot.
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Memphis357(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Yes
Wailers cry me a river
Your President go sell your generation join..... Ode!

1 Like

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by rusher14: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2017
Princeofnigeria:
see sarki please be careful cos a lot of people here are angry with you, people are suffering and you are here always defending this useless government, I must tell you be careful, something is coming for you

Nothing is coming for him.

Those assets that have actually become a liability to the nation must be the first to be sold.
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Harrynight(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2017
sell the National Assembly complex with all the Idiots inside and ur not only going to recover enough to fund budget but you will see Nigeria become a land filled with Milm and Honey.
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by lastmaster(m): 9:48am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Yes
Wailers cry me a river
Are you sure you are not cursed?
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Omarcasd: 9:50am On Nov 28, 2017
They sha want to sell these remaining assets dondondondon,what happened to the recovered loots,abi which kain country have i found my self,see if anyone think any good thing can come out from these set of our current gangue of politicians then welcome to disney junior,awon onufia dede,after a while one oloriburuku mohammed will be talking about how Jonathan was our problem,OSHINBAJO wey be pasito stand there they look like Eran oriresi.the simple one they get they'll be using it in search of one crazy one wey no loss.

1 Like

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by spartacus11(m): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2017
Firefire:
Fellow Nigerians,

This current administration told Nigerians that 2017 budget will be funded with the 'recovered loots'

Premium Times - "We will use ‘recovered loots’ to finance 2017 budget – Buhari" https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/245675-will-use-recovered-loots-finance-2017-budget-buhari.html

Punch - "FG to fund 2017 budget with N258bn recovered loots" http://punchng.com/fg-finance-2017-proposed-budget-n250bn-recovered-loots/

Now the same known professional liars and career rogues now planning to auction our common wealth to fund same budget, while re-looting the covered loots.

This is apart from the various foreign loans for same budget funding, mind you the global price of crude oil has gone beyond the budget benchmark.

Nigerians don't yet understand the magnitude of corruption going on in this administration. Am afraid, before you know, it will be too late.

APC, Party of professional liars and career rogues.
Pdp done use vulture egg collect dis one brain
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by spartacus11(m): 9:54am On Nov 28, 2017
sarrki:
Yes

Wailers cry me a river

Oga nor mind dem, na vulture egg pdp done use manipulate their brain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by spartacus11(m): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2017
HtwoOw:
they ask for privatization, Government is actually selling to fund economy and they have started screaming blood all over again

Don't blame d wailers, vulture egg at work

1 Like

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Fowobi84: 9:56am On Nov 28, 2017
If Buhari likes, let him sell his wife, children and himself. E no concern me. We just want the budget funded anyhow.
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by persius555(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2017
This govt hasn't built one but it wants to sell off the little we have to show. Is this progress?
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by mmsen: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2017
They will sell to their thieving friends.

I guess that's what the cowherder-in-chief meant when he said he would fund his budget with stolen funds.

I hope they sell the airports soon. MM is a disgrace.
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by spartacus11(m): 10:01am On Nov 28, 2017
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Some individuals are known congenital liars their post will contain the same truth they labour hard to obscure... the same premium times article clearly says stolen will be part of funding for the budget. Our comprehension challenged liars now turn it to say it will entirely fund a budget. These people have no fear of God they only know religion when it is time to forment division and strife but not to say the truth. In PMB budget statement he clearly stated he will fund the budget on borrowing and sale on non oil assets. The same NEPA assets your hero of thieves and benign sanctimonious failure sold to his cronies for scrap who are too incompetent to even manage the assets has become such an unbearable loss for you? No wonder PMB largely ignores the meaningless hatism from you people.

Oga it is called vulture egg, dat is wat pdp has used to turn their brain

2 Likes

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by spartacus11(m): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2017
rusher14:

Please sell those assets as we can never manage them.

Dey are angry bcus dat will reduce government spending on over head cost if dey still keep those assets, more blockade of were people use to chop money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by biacan(f): 10:10am On Nov 28, 2017
Angelb4:

How much is the stolen money that can fund budget? Where is the next govt coming from? Listen to your inner voice bro
bro ko man ni
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 28, 2017
Sell the power plants and the money ends up in someone's pockets.
Nigerian leaders: Selling Nigeria's future since 1960
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by johnbuck81(m): 10:25am On Nov 28, 2017
SillyMods:

Atiku is fik kwa?

grin grin grin
I'm not in support of any of em.. but buhari is worst. is shouldn't be an option for the next election.

1 Like

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by SillyMods: 10:28am On Nov 28, 2017
johnbuck81:
I'm not in support of any of em.. but buhari is worst. is shouldn't be an option for the next election.
To you Buhari is worse. To me he is the best.

Next?

1 Like

Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by Stalwert: 10:32am On Nov 28, 2017
spartacus11:

Oga it is called vulture egg, dat is wat pdp has used to turn their brain
. grin grin
Re: FG: We Will Sell Power Plants, Houses To Fund Budget.. by johnbuck81(m): 10:32am On Nov 28, 2017
SillyMods:

To you Buhari is worse. To me he is the best.

Next?
i guess u need to see a doctor cos u are not OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Government, Shi’ites Negotiating In Secret Over El-Zakzaky - Daily Post / Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer / Obaseki Re-Appoints Osarodion Ogie SSG. Other Appointments Deferred To Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.