Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! (1250 Views)

Jonathan Wades Into Ebonyi Crisis, Summons Elechi, Anyim, Umahi / Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo / Oil Lesson101: 1st Oil Well In Nigeria! Ebonyi State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by MardiGras: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
There's been a communal clash between two communities in Ebonyi state: Ezillo and Ezza
They've constantly been on a war path for years, but the latest clash has been by far the most gruesome and protracted
as it has lasted for 3 weeks now
It is fuelled by unnamed senators who've purchased lots of sophisticated weapons for both sides.
This is clearly frontpage news which has failed to hit the front page of any daily
for the simply obvious reason that no journalist is insane enough to go there.
Even APC's(Armoured Personel Carriers) Sent there by the state government have been forced to flee
Why i started this thread was to warn intending travellers, because the area at war now is on a travelling path.
Unbelievably, They've killed many many, innocent passengers whose only crime was to travel along that road.
The latest was my friend (God bless his soul) who was foolhardy enough to travel cos he claimed it had stopped
They stop the bus, drag out all passengers, kill and burnĀ  cry
Their latest high profile victim was a director travelling from lagos to cross river.
He was killed and burnt in his SUV

I hope i've helped
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by Fhemmmy: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
i wonder when all these nonsense will end. . . . .We are all one Nigerian and how would all these people feel some years down the road, when kids from those tribes are inter-marrying?
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 27, 2010
Thats one reason why am telling my igbo bros who are clamouring for Biafra that Biafra doesn't mean everlasting peace and harmony. Igbos can still slaughter each other at anytime. Even after biafra has been realized.
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:03am On Mar 27, 2010
gosh! tanx for the info.
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by Mikeloo: 7:07am On Mar 27, 2010
Mardi Gras:

There's been a communal clash between two communities in Ebonyi state: Ezillo and Ezza
They've constantly been on a war path for years, but the latest clash has been by far the most gruesome and protracted
as it has lasted for 3 weeks now
It is fuelled by unnamed senators who've purchased lots of sophisticated weapons for both sides.
This is clearly frontpage news which has failed to hit the front page of any daily
for the simply obvious reason that no journalist is insane enough to go there.
Even APC's(Armoured Personel Carriers) Sent there by the state government have been forced to flee
Why i started this thread was to warn intending travellers, because the area at war now is on a travelling path.
Unbelievably, They've killed many many, innocent passengers whose only crime was to travel along that road.
The latest was my friend (God bless his soul) who was foolhardy enough to travel cos he claimed it had stopped
They stop the bus, drag out all passengers, kill and burnĀ  cry
Their latest high profile victim was a director travelling from lagos to cross river.
He was killed and burnt in his SUV

I hope i've helped

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS TIMELY INFO! MY MUM JUST TRAVELLED TODAY, SO I'VE SENT HER A MESSAGE CONCERNING THIS.
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by rhymz(m): 7:25am On Mar 27, 2010
Mikeloo:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS TIMELY INFO! MY MUM JUST TRAVELLED TODAY, SO I'VE SENT HER A MESSAGE CONCERNING THIS.
mehn thanx, as I write, am on a journey to lagos, from Owerre am not too conversant with the routes but I guez the driver wont have to go through any of such routes since we are going westward ,right? Thanx for dis life saving info
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by abes(m): 10:46am On Mar 27, 2010
@poster
Is it the 'Abakaliki-Yala-Ogoja' route? Pls, be specific.
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by Imeobong(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2010
^^^^^^^No its along Enugu-Abakaliki Rd
Re: Ebonyi Crisis! Travellers Beware! by abes(m): 12:19pm On Mar 27, 2010
^^^ thanks

(1) (Reply)

Big shame: 6 Days After; Government Still Searching For Culprits Behind Bombings / The Truth About The Motion For Nigeria's Independence / Dora Akunyili Picks Senate Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.