Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed (17194 Views)

FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment / "Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Penalty82(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2017
By Emmanuel Elebeke
ABUJA – The Federal Government says it has not been able to pay the statutory 5% to the Ikoyi whistle blower due to controversy surrounding the claim.

The minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed made this known on Tuesday during his visit to Leadership Newspaper.
He said the issue is a bit complicated because two persons are currently laying claims to the amount and since the identity of the real owner cannot be disclosed, it behooves on the government to follow due process in arriving at the true owner of the money.

‘‘It is a bit complicated because more than one person is claiming the money and we do not want to disclose the identity of the Whistle blower.
‘‘We have a very unique situation in our hand at the moment; it is so complex and complicated. One said we should not pay the other and the other one has gone to court.
‘Now we have the authentic whistle blower and fake whistle blower, we hope to find out the real person. Ordinarily, a whistle blower should be anonymous. However, we are working very closely to ensure that such thing never happens again.’’

IPOB

On IPOB, he said he was certain the matter would be resolved at the end of the day, giving that the country has a leader who is capable of tackling the challenge.
‘‘There was propaganda around IPOB. I was very certain then that the unity of this country is not in doubt. We have seen governments in this country, had leaders who have gone through wars and know what the implications are. We have at the helm of affairs, a leadership that is capable of tackling the challenge.
‘‘Though, there was a lot of propaganda, but I knew that at the end of the day, the matter would be resolved.’’

Housing

On housing, the minister said the administration had spent N70 billion on land acquisition and construction of housing estates across the country in the last two years. This he said is far more than N1.8 billion spent by the last administration in five years.

Recovered loots

Speaking on how much recovered from looters, the Minister said the Administration had recovered about N8 billion, $53 million from Whistle blowers and in addition recovered 54 houses and N78 billion from an individual.
Visit
On the visit, he said the visit was to thank the leadership of newspaper for its support and to seek more support in the three cardinal objectives of the government: Fighting corruption, insecurity and revamping the economy.

Free Press

On Free Press, he said the Administration would do everything to ensure that the press operates without any form of intimidation from government. He also promised to assist the media industry with some funding as soon as the economy improves.
‘‘Today, we are back. This time, it is to say thank you for all your support. Let me put it on record: Leadership newspaper has been very professional in its reporting of this Administration. You have supported us and you have criticized us, and each time you have been guided by the ethics of your profession – fairness, accuracy, impartiality, truthfulness, and objectivity.
‘‘We have not always agreed with your editorial stance on issues. For example, when we first raised the alarm on the dangers of fake news and disinformation, you wrote an editorial that seemed to have dismissed our concern at the time. I am happy to say that you have eventually seen the light, as the issue of fake news and disinformation, and the danger it poses to the polity, has become topical. We hope you will write another editorial to highlight the dangers posed by fake news and disinformation, which is now a global problem.

‘‘I want to state clearly that we also have a success story to tell you, especially in the three cardinal programmes that form the plank of our Administration’s policy – Fight against insecurity, war against corruption and the revamping of the economy.
‘‘We have put Boko Haram on the run. Occasionally, they attack soft targets, but even that is being tackled with intelligence-driven measures. We are tackling insecurity comprehensively, whether it is Farmer/Herders clash, Cattle rustling or kidnapping. Only this morning, the Federal Government launched the ”Policy Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/not-paid-ikoyi-whistle-blower-lai-mohammed/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Becoted001(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
smiley
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Penalty82(m): 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
‘Now we have the authentic whistle blower and fake whistle blower, we hope to find out the real person"

mynd44 lalasticlala

14 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Nbote(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
Chaiii!!! U ppl kip shooting urselves in d foot... So u want to convince Nigerians U Dont know who gave d tip and keys to d apartment u found d huge cash cache abi... Its looking more like a planned discovery by d day. I won't b surprised considering d propaganda dey have been feeding Nigerians since

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by eTECTIVe(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
The whole IkoyiGate nonsense was staged... D money was planted there to b found whether anyone wants to believe dat or not.. Some of d ppl involved are simply blackmailing dem with d same whistle blower policy dey set up...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by unohbethel(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
THIS apc party is very deMoNic...so because u dont want to pay the original whistle blower, what u did was to invent another fake whistle blower to claim thats he is the original whistle blower..by so doin causing confusion in the land...mr liar mumumad..nigerians are getting wiser now, they will not fall for this cheap propaganda again, well offcourse its the zombies that will believe...mmchew sarkki,omenka etc ngene ukwu come and masturbate on this news.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Isokowadoo: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
Funny, drama everywhere..
Tired of listening to Laid muhmd

3 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by PointZerom: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2017
eTECTIVe:
The whole IkoyiGate nonsense was staged... D money was planted there to b found whether anyone wants to believe dat or not.. Some of d ppl involved are simply blackmailing dem with d same whistle blower policy dey set up...

I agree with you, I gave up on them when they recovered ownerless money at a filling station in the North. Till today they've not told us who owns the money.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by PointZerom: 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Penalty82:
‘Now we have the authentic whistle blower and fake whistle blower, we hope to find out the real person"

mynd44 lalasticlala

Criminal buhari and his agents of darkness. You told us before that you've paid the guy and he's a millionaire now, it was when his lawyer debunked your story that you started singing like an orphaned birds.

sarrki and NgeneUkwenu will do a lot of work here.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by SalamRushdie: 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
grin cheesy now they dont know who the real whistle blower is ..hahahahah, like a said it will be a remarkable miracle if the whistle blower sees 5 million naira eventually

2 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by SalamRushdie: 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
unohbethel:
THIS apc party is very deMoNic...so because u dont want to pay the original whistle blower, what u did was to invent another fake whistle blower to claim thats he is the original whistle blower..by so doin causing confusion in the land...mr liar mumumad..nigerians are getting wiser now, they will not fall for this cheap propaganda again, well offcourse its the zombies that will believe...mmchew sarkki,omenka etc ngene ukwu come and masturbate on this news.

Exacty

3 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Penalty82(m): 5:43am On Nov 29, 2017
mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by chinjo(m): 5:43am On Nov 29, 2017
You have the authentic whistle blower but you are looking for the real whistle blower. What a contradiction.

8 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by dunkem21(m): 6:32am On Nov 29, 2017
eTECTIVe:

You're a deTECTIVe.. wink

5 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by PointZerom: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2017
chinjo:
You have the authentic whistle blower but you are looking for the real whistle. What a contradiction.

The hardest job on earth is to be a liar b'cos you'll keep on lying to cover the previous lies. Remember that they told us before that they've paid the whistle-blower and that he's Now a millionaire.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by NigerDeltan(m): 7:31am On Nov 29, 2017
Look at this scallywag in govt

The person that went to the office of the efcc or made the call shld be the authentic whistleblower

But there was no need for that in the first place becos the money belong to the FG, no money was stolen in the first place

5 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by three: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2017
One of the reasons in my opinion for the so called whistleblower act is to legitimately reloot looted money.

Another is to launder funds that were looted but have been 'orphaned'

This whistleblower was not part of the racket (the Ikoyi billions were not supposed to have been discovered) hence the reason he has not been paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2017
They should be patient now.
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by phollybee(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2017
Mr Lai, this is what bothering my mind at the moment Sir . Help!
Please i need a teaching Job, I can teach Government, Civic, Economics, social studies or any Art subjects fluently , I live in Akure, I dnt mind relocating,. Help A Brother. I'm tired of Borrowing b4 Feeding . GOD BLESS YOU as u will help me, 08062965723

3 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by TEYA: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2017
But to be frank this government has not been fair to the whistle blower. What nonsense do they mean by that? EFCC does not know who told them about the money or what? This man sounds stupid, to be frank.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by kay29000(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2017
Hmm
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by chloride6: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2017
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Bigajeff(m): 9:19am On Nov 29, 2017
Rubbish, Do u want to tell me EFCC do not know the real whistle blower? or there is a plan to just the whole things around and nobody get paid.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by jerflakes(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
You guys planted the second person there, just to create confusion

You know the original person

No dey talk nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by BruncleZuma: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by MaryBenn(f): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
Nigeria, a great country grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by MrOjay1(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
shocked

Lai,you are a bloody liar.

I and the other whistle blower agreed to share the money

Lai,thunder fire you

Give us our money so i can move out of this god dammed country

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Blackfire(m): 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
Chai even devil fear this guy...

Men I don't know which part of hell fire this minister of misinformation will take residence.

Oniro oshi

Click like if u want this man to replace devil as chief liar.

Click share if u want Mr devil to still retain his post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by ceezarhh(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2017
how this man wakes up and come up with lies is simply fascinating...wonder how his immediate family cope with the fact that their breadwinner lies for a living...

10 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by bedspread: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2017
Another Downloaded Lie

2 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by chloride6: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2017
Lai .... Very unscrupulous liar...

The EFCC doesn't know who dropped the information?

Of course the matter would be blown wide when you bunch of mofos mishandled it....

Pay that Man his money please...

2 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by jericco1(m): 9:21am On Nov 29, 2017
professor of lies. Bsc. MSC, PhD

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari To Intervene As APC, Oyegun’s Bickering Worsens / Atiku's Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi To Contest For House Of Reps Seat / Nigerian Military Recovers INEC Card Reader From Boko Haram, Kills 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.