Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre (1248 Views)

I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007 / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by dyungshallgrow(m): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I have browsed through these forum, and although there are solid advices and information; they are on other car models. The goal of this thread is to educate those who have an Infiniti G35/Nissan 350z about their cars and to inform potential buyers what to look out for before buying one, as well as showing you how to perform routine maintenance and diagnose some issues that could potentially save you a trip to the mechanic and some $$$$$.

Lets begin with a background information about me. I am a student based in Toronto Canada. My first car was a Black 2003 Infiniti G35, I fell so much in love with an Infiniti G35 that I bought a second 2004 Silver Infiniti G35. Both of my cars are the Sedan version but the guides will apply for both sedans and coupes. I am not a mechanic by trade but I have spent so much time with these cars I know them very well. I can proudly say that none of my cars have been to a mechanic shop as I have worked on them myself.

Any questions/comments? post them below. I will try my best to answer them but please be patient as a student life is quite busy.

Below are pictures of some of the work I did on my car

1 Like

Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by AutoElectNG: 9:45am On Nov 29, 2017
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by bitcoinmilliona: 10:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Following. I drive a G35x 2008 and the gear slips
Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by dyungshallgrow(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:
Following. I drive a G35x 2008 and the gear slips

Hello bitcoinmilliona

How many miles/km does your car have and can you describe the symptoms and particular gear that is slipping?
Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by IykeTurna(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
Nice thread bro keep updating.......

I love the g37xx.

I am looking forward to the Infinity Q50 red sport 400

Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by feelme3(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
Following.

Don't know if your experience covers Maxima '97. Recently, I noticed that the gear hesitates about 10 to 15 seconds before responding when I engage the D. Reverse engages smoothly with no problem but once I select to D, it takes some time before lurching forward or rolling by itself. If I happen to throttle at this time it will just rev without moving until the few seconds.

I also observed that this usually happens during the first starting for the day or after the car has been parked for more than 3hrs. Other than that car still drives smoothly.

Any idea please?
Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by dyungshallgrow(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
feelme3:
Following.

Don't know if your experience covers Maxima '97. Recently, I noticed that the gear hesitates about 10 to 15 seconds before responding when I engage the D. Reverse engages smoothly with no problem but once I select to D, it takes some time before lurching forward or rolling by itself. If I happen to throttle at this time it will just rev without moving until the few seconds.

I also observed that this usually happens during the first starting for the day or after the car has been parked for more than 3hrs. Other than that car still drives smoothly.

Any idea please?

I have dealt with a similar issue before, but I can't confirm if its the same issue, in order to do so please When you get the chance try this and report back. When you initially start the car in the morning start off in 2 or L and report back.
Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by feelme3(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2017
dyungshallgrow:

I have dealt with a similar issue before, but I can't confirm if its the same issue, in order to do so please When you get the chance try this and report back. When you initially start the car in the morning start off in 2 or L and report back.

Hey bro. You really are good with these stuffs. Tried it out like you said and using "2" there was no delay. But what could be the issue and any lasting solution to it.

Thanks for the fix though
Re: Nissan/infiniti DIY Guides/information/help Centre by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
feelme3:
Following.

Any idea please?
It's the Morning Sickness syndrome. See my post here
https://www.nairaland.com/2211595/automatic-transmission-gear-repairs-nigeria/7#47502782

(1) (Reply)

Stuck N19m Range Rover SUV Pulled Out From Sea After A 2day Rescue Mission / Help.. Bmw E30 / After Market Ambulance/police Front Grille Lights, Are They Legal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.