Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (91085 Views)

Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Abeokuta capital of Ogun state

West large landmass filled with slums

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
Phynofest 2016 & 2017, shot down record breaking back to back hit...the biggest concert ever in africa

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Rotimik: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
lionjungle3000:
As Asari DOkubo said...Open all Seaports in SS; Port Harcourt, Onne, Calabar and Warri, and Riverport in Ontisha, and cut off oil allocation to Lagos, and watch Lagos fall like pack of cards. He said you will see yorubaas begging in the streets like Alamajiris. These people have nothing, they use Niger Delta oil allocation money to service their loans, deceiving you they are doing well. Did you know that all SW states have exceeded their borrowing limits? Meaning, banks will not loan them money again. That's why they are afraid of separation as Igbos want. What are you afraid of, afonjas? You claim you are this, that, you are tall like Iroko, but when we tell you to stand alone since you are all that and contributing to Nigeria more than others, you say no; whom are you deceiving? You think we are fools? Same Igbos you say contributes nothing, want to be alone, you panic and use all avenues of evil and envy to rubbish their struggle. Wicked evil things!

This is trash.

It is on record that the SW contribute more to the national budget than it received back.

(1) Company Tax - no 13%
(2) Value Added Tax.- no 13%
(3) Seaport Earning - no 13%
(4) Solid Minerals ' tax - no 13%

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
nairavsdollars:
It beats logic and every sense of human reasoning for anybody to say North is more developed than South. Even the core northerners cant say such

Well, let me hear his own part before I fathom what he knows.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Niyinficient(m): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
post=62849574:

Beautiful views....i love this~!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
Nollywood is going back to its natural capital and headquaters

8 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
All these yoruba people are not even ashamed of themselves, Igbos are showing all their cities, all they are showing is ibadan, what os ondo, oshogo, oyo, ado ekiti and abeokuta.....

despite the civil war and the advantage the yorubas had, they could not make anything out of it....I wonder if Lagos was not in the west, what it would have been like....even at that, ibadan is a shadow of itself.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2017
post=62849574:

At least, something to show early civilization and development. However, new areas have/are springing up left right and center beside this old settlement.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
Owerri capital of Imo

9 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2017
tomoorrow, the come and tell us it wasnt igbos developing their land and that igbos have abandoned their land to come to lagos...

just look at it, Igboland is far developed than yorubaland, and yes igbos developed lagos and at the same time developing their homeland....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
Middle income apartments in owerri

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by forgiveness: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
beamtopola:

guy, pls stop this rubbist... where? sw? I have been to Ibadan, ekiti I can't find any place BTW this two which is as beauty and develop as uyo and asaba. Yoruba like bragging but in their HUD nothing. Yoruba is the most dirtiest places I have ever visit. Apart from Lagos, no place from Yoruba or building can be equate with those of warri, asaba and uyo.
Don't call me an IBO guy, I am from bayelsa.

Asaba and Uyo for my backyard here more developed than Ibadan!? shocked grin

You must be joking.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
So this international brand is in Owerri....hahaha....Yorubaland have suffered...they are really backwards....while igbos were hustling, they were mocking them, calling them traders, but see what traders have been able to do with their hustle while the yorubas were partying and doing owanbe and flamboyant weddings, with yoruba demons....o ma shey oooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Rotimik: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
bularvz:

You spoke well except for the Ogun part being developed
Apart from Lagos, Ogun is developing faster than any other state. Not many people know Ogun state very well.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
Onitsha largest city in East, Onitsha metropolitan city comprises of Onitsha, Obosi, Nkpor, Nkwelle, Okpoko, Ogbaru, Oba, Ogidi, Umuoji and Ogbunike, the city still expanding to Umunya, these are different towns and LGs.

10 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
Enugu is having another mall

8 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by mavinc4u(f): 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
mapet:

So I take it that you lead the pack of "village-people" that have not been to SW? grin

you are a dunce. you can't even differentiate between a capital letter B and the footprint of a cow and you are quoting me. educated illiterate.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Ofemannnu: 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
totit:

The new Ibadan they don't want us to see.
If your state's aerial view can beat this show the world. We are tired of the usual one local gov pictorial view.
Shm.

lol...they know that the SW is more developed but would rather bring up old pictures to confuse only the gullible Igbos who are planning to come to the SW for greener pastures.The modern houses in Ibadan only are more than the houses in the whole South East.
I like the way you are punching their lying mouths without breaking their jaws with hard facts and disproving the old pictures they are posting.
The most pathetic thing about the South East is that it is what I call a small room because it is just the size of OYO STATE but 45 million Igbos cannot develop it even close to the development seen in Ibadan only. Very pathetic.Why don't you post the aerial views in succession?Click my posts and see the way I finished them with real city view which is obtainable all over the world but Igboland does not have because of their backwardness.You know we taught Igbos how to wear clothes in 1921...they should be thankful... lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
Only in Enugu can you do this in the middle of the road

8 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2017
How come nobody is talking about Abakaliki mall, coming up next year....by that all the states in the south east would have had atleast one standard mall, and several mini mall, plazas and mega supermarket which are all indigenous

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
when it comes to properties, igbo are usually angry. they build with aggression....lolz

11 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
if you love serenity, come to enugu and thank me later

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Rotimik: 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
UfuomaUN:

Lol

Crude oil accounts for 70% of government revenue and 95% its of foreign exchange earnings.

so u were saying

This is only true about Federal government revenue.

Oil constitutes only 30% of national budget (FG and States). Federal tax is about 15%, most of it from the SW. total revenue for FG is about 45%. IGR for states is now above 55% and growing.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by wanho: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
most developed in what sense? is it industries, infrastructure or human development. each zone has diff area that are better than others. take Lagos out of SW the region would come last in the south.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
more

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by mavinc4u(f): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
ValUlasi:
Another rural area in Anambra. Adazi to be precise. cheesy

which of the Adazi's is this?
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
since yoruba brought up that argument that the east isnt developed and that we have abandoned the east to develop lagos, then it is our duty as easterners to hit it on their head that they are the least developed region in southern Nigeria outside lagos..

Imagine when fashola was telling our governors to develop the east so that people in other to curb cases of stray destitute...What an insult

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Rotimik: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
meforyou1:
SE is far more developed than SW. Lagos is not part of SW. Chief layi from lagos island said so. Lets compare the state capitals.
Enugu is more developed than ibadan. Owerri is more developed than ibadan. Awka is more developed than abeokuta. Umuahia is more developed than abeokuta. Abakiliki is more developed than abeokuta. Not to talk of the great cities of aba and onitsha.
All those ur state capitals like osogbo and akure are not even as developed as nore igbo towns like nsukka and ihialla

Have you been to Abeokuta before. The CBD is awesome. Beautiful, wide and dark road surfaces everywhere.

Lots of large modern buildings. Abeokuta is one of the neatest and most beautiful city in the SW.

Stop looking at 1940's pictures of Abeokuta. You need to visit the city.

I was there some time ago, and I was shocked at the level of development.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by meccuno: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Duru1:
Take Lagos out of the southwest, what remains is a cocoa and kolanut farm.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hornyofife: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
Is this not the same enugu that was destroyed 50yrs ago, during the civil war?? hahaha, the development of igboland has exposed the laziness and backwards of yoruba land...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by mapet: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
mavinc4u:

you are a dunce. you can't even differentiate between a capital letter B and the footprint of a cow and you are quoting me. educated illiterate.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I see your "painment"
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by dlaw70(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
Desyner:
You are extremely ignorant bros.
The SW still has more organised towns than any other region. Go to a small town in SW and you are more likely to see working public water supply. As far as intl standards for dev is concerned SW is far ahead. When you think development think information(telco presence), road access to communities, water, healthcare that's shared by all and stop thinking about big mansion with a borehole next to a soakaway who owner probably consult a chemist sales girl more often than doctors.

Bro,I beg to disagree with.when talking of developed towns,no region match ss. if u are conversant with the history of the megalopolis call Nigeria,then u must have known that,only ss developed a lot of small towns who are full fledge independent entities and were in no where dependent.From warri to ogoja,obudu,ikom,Boki,okrika,Efurum,Egbobazua,Ekot ekpene,eko dansa,yenagoa to mention but a few.

Lastly,Calabar remains the cleanest city in west Africa,while obudu cattle ranch remains d highest tourist in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (49) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. / The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.