Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,808 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue (8915 Views)

Dele Bolade Samson Babaola, Others Arrested Over Fake $1bn Bound For Africa / Nigeria’s Tax Revenue To GDP Ratio Rises To 7% / FIRS: Tax Revenue Hits N2.52tr In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by brainpulse: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2017
Adeosun has displayed brilliancy in diversification of Nigerian economy. She is smart and looking for ways to invest and generate income, that is where she is more intelligent than Ngozi. Advert bills is one of the highest fund generator in Europe and America
A good one for the federal government, if only 2 companies can generate that much that is more than 10% generated so far and could be more than 100% than the expected.

Invested 1.5 Billion Naira and so far from 2 companies alone they have seen $110 Million, and they are expecting $I billion is brilliant.

From comments so far on nairaland, I have seen that Nigerian youths are the most lazy, non intelligent and dumbest of all in the world. They cant read, understand, do research and make intelligent comments

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Ballmer: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2017
vertueptime:

Why insulting him? Cant he air his views, we must not all aggree all the time,very low of u

We can all agree on common sense but not the foolishness the jerk you are supporting was dishing out this early morning.
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by cetzak: 8:13am On Nov 30, 2017
I hope those in Kano,Kebbi,Sokotto will also be part of this Project.
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by arrestdarrester: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2017
three:
One thing one must give this APC goverment is that they are ridiculously smart and capable when coming up with excuses to create "job for the boys".

The inflow from VAIDS is an estimate, the advert bill is not. The inflow "justifies" the advert bill as a minute percentage of the expected inflow.

In the future when the inflow is abysmally low or not forthcoming no one remembers that some people pocketed N1.5 billion.

Very smart.

If only comments could be given front-page status on Nairaland...

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Ballmer: 8:14am On Nov 30, 2017
cstr1000:
listening to these people, you would be led to think Nigeria is a first world country where the avenues for growth are choked up.

There are so many areas Govt can inject funds to create revenues that does not require all this waste.

Pls look into those areas when you become the president but let this ones work on where they are focused for now.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Lomprico2: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2017
And buhari is searching and digging frantically for oil in the north!
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by kaystick86(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2017
This woman can lie, Mrs lia Mo'
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by brainpulse: 8:18am On Nov 30, 2017
bobolizim:
im sure you only read the first paragraph. Stupidity flows with your blood.
They feast and expect bad news from Nigeria, they never imagine anything good can come from this administration, that's why they groan in poverty and sufferings. When they see good news, they find ways of twisting it, knowing that their stupefied followers doesn't read details.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by brainpulse: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2017
kennygee:
1.5 billion for advert?

Chai, there is God.
When you are beautiful you are also intelligent. You should read that they invested 1.5 Billion Naira and so far from 2 companies alone they have seen $110 Million, and they are expecting $I billion
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by alan056: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2017
Nice concept but, if we have to spend this much to make people pay taxes.... We're fvcked as a country
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2017
kennygee:
1.5 billion for advert?

Chai, there is God.

Advertising is not a cheap venture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Stylz69(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2017
THE FG should realize that they should be accountable for the proceeds of tax. Nigerias are able to pay taxes but not willing because we do not know where the money goes to and the little we know is not reassuring.

From the 2018 budget i can see that some of my tax will go buying the VP 17m for cutleries and paying the legislooters their high allowances!!!

Rather than spend 1.5b on adverts which will not increase willingness to pay, run an open accountable system where taxpayers can see and know where the taxes are being utilised and maybe just maybe more people will be willingly declare and pay taxes.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by bart10: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2017
What about the other costs? Abi na only advert? undecided
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2017
brainpulse:
Where you are not beautiful should be made up for intelligence

Do you know how much 1.5 billion is?

I made a comment and didn't insult you, however, if you're gunning for a contest of insults, you won't win it.

Adios.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by cstr1000: 8:52am On Nov 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by brainpulse: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2017
kennygee:

I made a comment and didn't insult you, however, if you're gunning for a contest of insults, you won't win it.

Adios.
Sorry I will erase it. But its always good to make intelligent remarks or not at all, even we don't like the write up. You should read that they invested 1.5 Billion Naira and so far from 2 companies alone they have seen $110 Million, and they are expecting $I billion please sweetheart Kenny, do the maths na
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Martin0(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2017
kennygee:

Adios.

Hahahahahgringringrin oya fire downgringrin
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 30, 2017
brainpulse:
Sorry I will erase it. But its always good to make intelligent remarks or not at all, even we don't like the write up. You should read that they invested 1.5 Billion Naira and so far from 2 companies alone they have seen $110 Million, and they are expecting $I billion please sweetheart Kenny, do the maths na

Many nations live off tax, so it's not rocket science that the returns will be worth the advertisements. But I'm saying we are in a corrupt country, you can't tell me some pple aren't making their own cuts from this 1.5 billion.
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by BanevsJoker(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2017
989900:

Read again, it won't kill you!
You are the one who needs to read again. 1.5 billion to be spent on adverts for tax that is just an estimated income. What if people refuse to comply, how do you justify the 1.5 billion spent on just adverts? 1.5 billion is about to be flushed down the toilet.
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by 989900: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2017
BanevsJoker:

You are the one who needs to read again. 1.5 billion to be spent on adverts for tax that is just an estimated income. What if people refuse to comply, how do you justify the 1.5 billion spent on just adverts? 1.5 billion is about to be flushed down the toilet.

Read again.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by brainpulse: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2017
kennygee:

Many nations live off tax, so it's not rocket science that the returns will be worth the advertisements. But I'm saying we are in a corrupt country, you can't tell me some pple aren't making their own cuts from this 1.5 billion.
Please give me the nations that live off tax completely and their per development index. SO because we are in a corrupt country, we shouldn't invest in something that will generate income for us? Moreover did you read the percentage generated so far?
Please do you always re-read and think deeply when you finish writing? I am trying to hold myself back because I believe you are intelligent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by DTaj: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2017
This is standard practice anywhere in the world; so, why the unnecessary hoopla and insults from ignorant people here!

For Godsake, the advert cost of N1.5billion is an insignificant ratio of the targeted revenue, just 0.43%! Less than 0.5%!

We can criticize, but we should not criticize in a daft manner, without any basis...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by vertueptime: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2017
Ballmer:

We can all agree on common sense but not the foolishness the jerk you are supporting was dishing out this early morning.

We all cnt be intelligent and have same level of common sense, pardon them and be a bit more tolerant

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Kingspin(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2017
See country
Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by SillyMods: 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
three:
One thing one must give this APC goverment is that they are ridiculously smart and capable when coming up with excuses to create "job for the boys".

The inflow from VAIDS is an estimate, the advert bill is not. The inflow "justifies" the advert bill as a minute percentage of the expected inflow.

In the future when the inflow is abysmally low or not forthcoming no one remembers that some people pocketed N1.5 billion.

Very smart.
Mr. Smart, how else is a budget/plan done? Not on estimates/expectations?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by MistaB(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
the 110million dollars is already far more than 1.5billion naira......
three:

Very smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves N1.5bn Advert Bill To Drive $1bn Tax Revenue by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2017
Give people stable electricity and they wont have to do an advert to put money into the wallet of the government

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start Genuine Online Business In Nigeria And Bid Goodbye To Poverty / We Buy Waste Plastic Bottles Of Lacasera @ The Best Price Anywhere In 9ja. / Things You Need To Know About MTN Diamond Yellow Account That You Dont Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.