Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent (14328 Views)

SEXUAL CONSENT: What It Means And Why Every Woman Should Understand It / What Is The Legal Age Of Sexual Consent In Nigeria. / A Rape advocate's outrage at opinions on sexual consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by laudate: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
ArcFresky:
I dont condone rape in any form.

But lets be honest, before any girl accepts even pure water from a guy that has sexual intentions, it should be clarified what sort of relationship is happening.

Not that take uber, you take,
Take sharwarma, you take...
Take peoper soup you take...
So pepper soup, uber and sharwarma gives a man the right to rape a girl?? shocked Ah don't believe it!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
bukatyne:
This is what happens when we try to be smarter than ourselves.

Common sense tells us that if you do not want sex, you DO NOT give out verbal and non-verbal cues suggesting otherwise.

It is also common sense not to sleep about in men's houses you do not plan to have sex with. If you are constrained and must sleep there (going to download films with free wifi doesn't apply), you conduct yourself properly if you do not want sex.

All these will interestingly backfire on women as most women would want to be seduced/persuaded/chased before giving in to sex.

Except a husband injures his wife during trying to have sex with her, 'rape' doesn't really apply because the marriage institution is designed to provide everlasting consent to both parties.

When you said 'I Do', It was a blanket consent except in exceptional cases.

FYI, A lot of men are also 'raped' if we go by the definition in the OP. Even in the family section, a lot of wives have been advised to cook, wear red pant and bra, and in extreme cases spike their husband's food if he refuses to have sex with his wife.

And I honestly doubt that a guy will sleep over the house of a lady or strip himself to his boxers in the room of a girl he doesn't intend to have sex with.

Whoever you are, I love you. For heaven sake, would a guy go and sleep in a girls place ,when he's not homeless, eat her food,when he's not poor, bath in her bathroom, wear boxes on the same bed. Cuddle.

Even my bae, then I want to fuxk she will be like no no, serious no, even closing her leg. Sometimes am like oh OK. Then 10mins later she's like I give up too soon.

Some bitchws will be shouting rape on every scenario. So we shouldn't toast a girl because that's sexual harassment next abi.

The headache women invent is just too much.

1 Like

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by profbayo: 3:55am On Dec 01, 2017
mrphysics:

Justice Okon Abang should handle this case

The law does not operate in vacuum and I think the law should be understanding. I find it so hard believing rape is surrounded by an ideal circumstances.
justice Okon Abang cannot be allocated this type of case, there r serious minded case on ground and mind you he's a federal high court judge.
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by BetaThings: 4:14am On Dec 01, 2017
zicoraads:

Difficult, but do-able. Even animals have self control. Not to talk about humans.

Please tell us the animals demonstrating self control

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Nobody: 5:36am On Dec 01, 2017
The rapid deterioration of moral values in Nigeria is alarming to say the least.

Few months back, ritual killing was the order of the day.
After a short while, that changed to kidnapping / robbery. After much, domestic abuse became the order of the day.

Now, the evil has upgraded to a new trend of rape and beg.

What next nigeria? Can it get any worse?
Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by ArcFresky(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2017
laudate:

So pepper soup, uber and sharwarma gives a man the right to rape a girl?? shocked Ah don't believe it!! shocked

Dont misquote me,
Yes it doesnt give any man the right....

But is anything free in freetown?
Mostly, girls realise what the guy is after, but only play along and then throw up the I have bf card, or I have some shiit happening to me card....

By then the guy feels duped.

What am saying is let everyones stand be explictly clarified..
Not that someone will be feeling wiser then solomon.....

Abi imagine spending thousands on someone you jst met a day before, without any agenda... who does that... just be realistic...no one should bring punk-ass ideas of gentleman...

Yes its possible to want to spoil a girl, without wanting anything sexual, but really you do want something... even if its the satisfaction of making her happy...or making someone else green with jealousy...whatever....

Girls, set boundaries, not thin boundaries that clearly state what you will take....

And if the guy as much as touches you, sue his damn stupid hornny asss for rape.

2 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by 1stfamous(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2017
I had a female friend, who had slept nude in my room,beside me, taken her bath in my presence several times, we eat together, she had been nude in the same apartment with me several times, but we never had sex together, I think sex is a thing of the mind, and we all need self control over our body, that all we need

1 Like

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Belafonte(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Magnifik18:
The rapid deterioration of moral values in Nigeria is alarming to say the least.

Few months back, ritual killing was the order of the day.
After a short while, that changed to kidnapping / robbery. After much, domestic abuse became the order of the day.

Now, the evil has upgraded to a new trend of rape and beg.

What next nigeria? Can it get any worse?

There is a less obvious but more problematic issue of a growing inability to reason.

2 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by laudate: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
ArcFresky:
Dont misquote me,
Yes it doesnt give any man the right....

But is anything free in freetown?
Mostly, girls realise what the guy is after, but only play along and then throw up the I have bf card, or I have some shiit happening to me card....

By then the guy feels duped.

What am saying is let everyones stand be explictly clarified..
Not that someone will be feeling wiser then solomon.....

Abi imagine spending thousands on someone you jst met a day before, without any agenda... who does that... just be realistic...no one should bring punk-ass ideas of gentleman...

Yes its possible to want to spoil a girl, without wanting anything sexual, but really you do want something... even if its the satisfaction of making her happy...or making someone else green with jealousy...whatever....

Girls, set boundaries, not thin boundaries that clearly state what you will take....

And if the guy as much as touches you, sue his damn stupid hornny asss for rape.
Biko, did anybody hold a gun to the man's head to force him to spend money on the girl? Why can't such men tell those girls clearly, "look, I'm spending money on you right now, because I want to sleep with you?" If they do so upfront, there would be no misconceptions....

2 Likes

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Souljaboi1: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Laveda:
Following the ongoing rape saga, Nigerian author Elnathan John has come out to address the issue of sexual consent using this analogy, read below.

[b]"Seeing some disturbing tweets on my TL. Rape doesn't have to be violent. Rape can happen AFTER one has given consent for an act of intimacy & not another (for e.g.: I only want to cuddle. I don't want to have sex. Or, I don't want anal. Or, I just want to kiss. No penetration.)

Also, "what were you doing in X's bedroom" is a stupid, unhelpful reaction to "X raped me".
You can be raped by your lover, your spouse, your friend, your sibling, your relative.

How to know when the next step will be rape (just a few examples):
1. Someone has said any of the following:
-stop
-no
-not now
-I don't like it
-it hurts
-I want to leave

2. Someone is clearly refusing to participate in the activity
3. Someone pushes you away

Things that are totally IRRELEVANT in wondering if it is rape or not:
-They allowed be have sex with them before
-They allowed me to touch them just now
-They spent the night at my house
-They slept in the same bed as me
-They wore revealing clothing
-They didn't scream or fight

Imagine this conversation with a waiter:
Waiter: Glad you chose this restaurant, would you like our Tiramisu?
You: No I am happy with my meal thanks
W: I mean, you came to our restaurant. Why come if you don't want Tiramisu?
You: I am fine really.
W: Ok, just the tip of the spoon

You: *baffled as waiter pushes teaspoon with Tiramisu into your mouth*
W: See I told you you'd love our Tiramisu
You: You just forced me to eat your Tiramisu
W: Nah. You walked in here. If you hated it, why didn't you scream? Look at your belt, unfastened, shows you wanted more.

Afterward...
You: *speaks to a policeman about incident*
P: What were you doing when the waiter was pushing the teaspoon into your mouth
You: I was stunned.
P: And you just sat there? Didn't scream or anything?
You: Huh?
P: Why were you there even? Thought you had a kitchen.

You: I like the restaurant. I wanted to eat out.
P: So why are you complaining about the Tiramisu
You: I didn't go there for Tiramisu. I already had my meal. Waiter forced it on me.
P: So you ate their meal but now complain about the Tiramisu. Is it that it tasted bad?[/b]

Share your thoughts!

More here;
http://orjisblog.com.ng/2017/11/30/rape-beg-nigerian-author-elnathan-john-addreses-sexual-consent-using-this-analogy/?

This is the most senseless and illogical comparison I have ever seen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Rape & Beg': Elnathan John Addresses Sexual Consent by Chevrolet076(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
zicoraads:

Difficult, but do-able. Even animals have self control. Not to talk about humans.
are you normal?.what are you trying to portray to the world??..... just rubbing her hand on you. you would go gaga like a dog .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Look At What This Lady Allow Men To Do Her Boob At Elegushi Beach / What's The First Thing People Notice About You When They See You? / Ladies! Will You Date A Nice Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.