Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura (16457 Views)

Ishaku's 800 Anti-Open Grazing Marshals Undergoing Training In Taraba (Photos) / Anti-Open Grazing Law: Mansur Dan-Ali, A Disgrace To Democracy - Benue APC / Nasarawa Governor Al-Makura Meets Okada Man Carrying 5 Pupils On One Bike (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Blue3k2: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nasarawa State governor, Umaru Al-Makura has declared that the anti-open grazing law is meaningless.

He said the law will not be passed or enforced in the state.

The governor while speaking to some guests at the government house in Lafia, the Nasarawa State capital on Friday, said the law was meaningless because provision had to be made for the herdsmen and farmers before the law can be enforced.

“It is meaningless, it has no sense. Nasararwa is not going to implement the anti-grazing law because it is meaningless. It has no sense whatsoever but any state has self-determination to do what it likes,” he said.

Recall that the Benue State government had on Wednesday, November 1, officially effected its ban on open grazing throughout the state.

Al-Makura in response to this, on Thursday said Benue State cannot be blamed for this decision but insisted that Nasarawa State will not carry out such law.

“You cannot blame Benue because they have done it but Nasarawa will not do it because it doesn’t have a meaning.

“You have to study the situation and also provide for both the farmers and the herdsmen before you embark on it. You must have a regulatory mechanism that will ensure the compliance to this. If you don’t have that and you just go ahead to make the law, it doesn’t make any sense,” he said.

The governor said there was nothing to worry about as the relationship between herdsmen and farmers in Nasarawa state was cordial.

“The time has not reached for us to make the law because we have not seen anything to worry about.

“The relationship between the farmers and the herdsmen is okay and the problem that are arising from such problems is things that have been there for hundreds of years and it can never stop,”‎ he said.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/17/anti-open-grazing-law-meaningless-al-makura/amp/

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Blue3k2: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
The state assembly can always pass law with 2/3 majority. I assume the state assembly agrees with him though. Maybe they'll change their minds when ever Benue and Taraba start reporting higher igr due to commercial ranches.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Flexherbal(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
Hope he has another solution to continuous fighting and killing between herdsmen and their host communities!

7 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
It is only meaningless to zombies who never want to embrace modernization. Cattle ranching remains the best as at today. Expossing the rearers to the dangers of moving from one forest to another and from one region to another in the name of AWUFU grazing is primitive and very dangerious, especially in this present Nigeria, where every cattle rearer is seen as a potential killer and murderer by other tribes .

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
His wife is a Fulani woman so I don't expect a different statement from him other than these.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Ugaboy: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
I came to book space
Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by BruncleZuma: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
Get a ranch bozo

9 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
Matters arising.....
Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Ugaboy: 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
Mike880:
Nairalanders, please i really do need here, I can't stand the shame of using my real account to beg online.
Please someone should help me with 10thousand naira i promise to pay back in two weeks time. If this is not a serious problem i won't bring it online. I plead with you all

Stop begging, go to block industry you can earn 10k In 3days

33 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
This one refused to have sense despite his education and exposure. Oga governor, i guess you havent heard of the word Ranching before, keep on waiting till when farmers and headsmen clash before you do something.

18 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by teebankz10(m): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
Who else thinks this thread is useless

9 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by rozayx5(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
I wish we never shared same country with these people

They over breed and don't know anything about standard living

cry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Flyingngel(m): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Anything that is good for his state, let him do it.

1 Like

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Ambassadors: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
Al Makura are you alright? U must be high on kwale weed.

8 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by krestup: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
Okay
Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by mu2sa2: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2017
The anti open grazing law is not only meaningless but senseless.Benue state people will soon feel the effect as fulani herdsmen leave the the state. It is most senseless to stereotype all fulani herdsmen as killers( it's like saying igbos are all armed robbers or tag all yoruba as ritualists ). Almost all the beef consumed in nigeria comes from fulani cows - chase the fulani away and get your beef from....! Al-Makura is talking sense.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by onlyson16(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
This land is not for sale

Whistle blowers should keep off
Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by kelechiodo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
“The time has not reached for us to make the law because we have not seen anything to worry about.

Bane of African leaders. Not being proactive. Always wait for a problem to germinate to uncontrollable level before seeking a solution.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by perry1988(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
I sorry for him until they kill one of he pikin him go pass the law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by leofab(f): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2017
Zombie

2 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Ikengawo: 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
human flesh and cow brain. of course he doesn't understand

4 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by miceroms: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
I expect the govt to think of ways to prevent the recurring herders-farmers crisis rather than parrot about how cordial their relationship is. You don't wait for the situation to occur first before thinking of what to do. Proactive ness is the message.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Mufasa27(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Oloriburuku somebody undecided

1 Like

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by rhames(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
It will make a meaning when the state indigenes come under Fulani incessant attacks, especially the Eggon people. Not many of remember the Ombatse cult and those who tried to stop it in that state. These are one of the things it stood against.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by proeast(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Stvpid Idiot!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nigeria is the only country in the world that is blessed with selfish rulers.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by NaijaMutant(f): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
So says a herdsman governor

6 Likes

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by bonechamberlain(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
its a pity. pray for nasarawa
Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by Einl(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2017
This man no well

1 Like

Re: Anti-open Grazing Law Is Meaningless – Al-makura by ChristineC: 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
Nobody residing outside Nasarawa really cares. The Herdsman governor can do what he likes in his state, the residents should however make plans to defend themselves against the cowards who can only feel like super powers against a "sleeping" community.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Summons Buhari Over Benue Killings / Kagara Abduction: Kidappers Threaten To Starve The Schoolboys To Death / Nigeria’s Agric Exports Facing Rejections Overseas – WTO DG, Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.