Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,850 members, 7,841,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents (797 Views)

Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) / N80b Salary Debt: Akeredolu Begs Ondo Workers To Waive Outstanding Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by jayjay213: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ondo state governor, Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu has announced plans by the state government to commence a contributory scheme where residents in the state will pay N100 monthly to the state government so as to help in getting more progress done.

The governor said this at the swearing-in ceremony of newly appointed permanent secretaries and members of the Judicial Service Commision on Thursday at the International Event Center, The Dome in Akure.

Akuredolu who noted the contributions will be voluntary urged the people of the state to assist the government during the period of paucity of funds being experienced by the state.

He said, “We are determined to embark on aggressive revenue drive, we are determined to call on all of us as stakeholders to come and partner with the state. We will not impose on you what you cannot bear, we will not impose anything on you.

“We will be calling on you to voluntarily spare us N100 monthly for just 10 months which amounts to N1,000 in a year so that if we get that little drop from all of us, we will have a mighty ocean of money to do many things.

“We are never going to force it, but we are going to urge you, can you spare us from the money you spend to load GSM. I don’t need the money, but when we all bring it, we can use it for our collective good.

“You will hear from me very soon on this my appeal. I am appealing to you, I will never impose anything on you, If you don’t want to, don’t, I will not impose on you.

The governor’s remark follows similar one made by the Commissioner for Education, Femi Agagu who addressed the press after the state executive council meeting held on Wednesday.

Agagu while announcing that the state government will continue to fund education at the primary and post-primary levels also announced plans to set up an Education Trust Fund that would help mobilise funds for the education sector in the state.

Citizens of the state Mr. Agagu said, will be encouraged to pay N1,000 into the trust fund which will be managed by a committee comprising prominent sons and daughters of Ondo State.

http://www.sunshineherald.news/extra-akeredolu-begs-n100-monthly-contribution-ondo-state-residents/
Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by bigtt76(f): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2017
New pattarn grin sell them N100 bonds and give them interest after a period. Why should citizens dash government money... Have they ever dashed the people money before? Useless politicians

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by Becoted001(m): 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
State turn to beggars. After state government stop the payment of waec examination.
Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
This would have been a good way of promoting democracy in Nigeria. Sell #100 shares to all the country's citizens with the interest paid monthly to all and sundry.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by Paperwhite(m): 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
APC government is just full of shithole people.That is how FCT minister is telling the residents that they'll henceforth be paying for infrastructures as government will no more fund same. angry
Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by 989900: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
I will contribute, but I need to know what the deal is.
Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Money to buy dye.

That white bia-bia is not natural.
Re: Akeredolu Begs For N100 Monthly Contribution From Ondo State Residents by cdqyehyeh(m): 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
cool grin k, wetin apun to all the source of revenue of d state.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Henceforth Under Go Medical Check Ups In Bayelsa – OBJ / Caption This Photo Of Senator Dino Melaye And Ben Bruce / Lagos State Government Holds State Dinner In Honor Of President Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.