Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (26992 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Sagamite(m): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2010
stillwater:

I don't understand this topic.

What don't you understand?

You kneel down and greet me everytime you see me in the morning.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2010
WhiteOne:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i dont know the problems of we ladies. what is the big deal about greeting. Is your husband your mate? God has made him the head over u. Do u debate who to greet your father first. What is the big deal of greeting your husband first and give him all the respect due to him. Haba!!! this is africa and not western world. If u have a husband that notices this type of things why dont u do it and have peace in your marriage. Haba!!! na waoh for ladies

And i do not know what is your problem, Sir! So it is an African, an Nigeria thing to greet people and your husband and not an western thing.
Na Waoh for youself. Shame on you for talking so badly about western womans. As it is for me, i am so sorry to disappoint you - my German Oma (Grandma) would give me "pepper", if i did not greet my husband in the morning and in the afternoon and make his cup of coffee or tea for him and serve his food.

Way some African man thing always the western woman is so bad, if they do not know about your traditions and the different cultures!
We, Germans - we even "greet god every day" - "Gott zum gruesse oder Gruss God" - and if you are in German and you can not greet your working colleagues, your boss, your familiy, your neighbours - you have a lot of problems!

And by the way, no one " have got our "Sie" in Germany we greet a lot of people in an second for of "you" or "du" to give propper respect to them and no one call anybody by the first name at work or in church!

ROTFLMSGBO,LWKMD, grin grin grin grin The way people turn the bible around ehn? hahahah, and they even used "father" as example. Do you sleep with your father?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 16, 2010
Sagamite:

What don't you understand?

You kneel down and greet me everytime you see me in the morning.

Was thinking an early morning rump on the bed was a better form of greeting, cool but since you prefer kneeling, no problem.

Lest I forget, @OP I hope this would be the last of bush couples we see on NL. Who greets first? Ewwwwww. Very unromantic people.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Sagamite(m): 2:46am On Nov 16, 2010
stillwater:

Was thinking an early morning rump on the bed was a better form of greeting, cool but since you prefer kneeling, no problem.

Ah ah ah ah, jowor ma she be o (please don't be like that). Ma binu (no vex).

I am sorry, I prefer your style o. Wa she're (You go do well)!!!

F greeting, do it your way and how you want to do it to me in the morning so e go shack my brain until I start singing "Hallelujah" like Mary Poppins.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 2:57am On Nov 16, 2010
WhiteOne:

Honestly! A good nigerian or european wife of the old generation (our mothers or grandmothers) got up 30 to 60 minute earlyer as there husband, they made the breakfast table ready, made tea or coffee and were ironing his shirts and trousers and made sure the children are washed and ready for school and then she woke up her husband with a kiss and the sentence "Dear braekfast is ready, please come and greet the kids or something of this kind" - it is nice to see this as a kid and my mother did it, every day, my dad in the kitchen unimaginably, but my mothers was a home maker and a house wife back than . . . later on my mum started to work again, i got older and the time has moved on . . . i set the breakfast table and my dad woke up first and he kissed my mother every morning to wake her up and he said to her "darling, sleep longer our girl is old enough to take care of thereself and i know where she had put my coffee or tea - and my mum was the last person, which had to stand up than and it was good to see this too.

Now to me, well at the moment it is me how wake up first, make breakfast and even cook rice in the morning and i wake up the kids and make sure they are ready for shool and than i call my husband to join us for brekfst before i leave for the office, sometimes i can not eat myself, but i make sure everybody does and i make sure i had a big cap of tea or caffee with a lot of milk. Every morning my husband say "Thank you to me for doing all this things" and he always pray for the children before school. But i am sure things might change for me too as the did for my mum and even my nigerian husband have started to make breakfast for us on weekend or set the tea time or supper for us.

It does not matter, how does what first and how does what last - it does matter, that the things are done in time and all the work in the house ore outsite is appreciated - PLEASE and THANK YOU - COULD YOU PLEASE NOT YOU MUSSED -

shocked shocked grin I think these kind of women are now extinct. My mother did same every morning and still worked at the same time, today "equality" has erased those virtues that made our mothers mini-goddesses in our eyes. In their place we now have lazy drones who have to be woken up in the morning by their husbands and children. grin God help us. My own advice is simple - most men should learn to cook (or at least prepare a small breakfast) for the kids. . . expecting your woman to do it these days is like expecting water to come from a rock.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Omolulu(m): 3:00am On Nov 16, 2010
davidylan:

shocked shocked grin I think these kind of women are now extinct. My mother did same every morning and still worked at the same time, today "equality" has erased those virtues that made our mothers mini-goddesses in our eyes. In their place we now have lazy drones who have to be woken up in the morning by their husbands and children. grin God help us. My own advice is simple - most men should learn to cook (or at least prepare a small breakfast) for the kids. . . expecting your woman to do it these days is like expecting water to come from a rock.

hehehehe, that surely is difficult to achieve grin
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Ah ah ah ah, jowor ma she be o (please don't be like that). Ma binu (no vex).

I am sorry, I prefer your style o. Wa she're (You go do well)!!!

F greeting, do it your way and how you want to do it to me in the morning so e go shack my brain until I start singing like Mary Poppins.

Lol. No I'm kneeling down o.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by loshybab(m): 10:00am On Mar 10, 2015

There is no big deal about greeting, so it really should not be an issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with respect. Salutation they say is not love. I can greet him every minute, every day, and still be very disreespectful! undecided
..........I disagree with u,I bliv courtesy dey say begins frm gud greetings.hw wud u describe a boy who walks past u wen he shud hv greeted u nd u said dere is no big deal abt greetin
There is a vry big deal abt greetin nd a child dt dsnt greet well hv every tendency to b rude nd disrespectful nd vice versa.jst a few f doz dt greet vry well bcme disrespctfl nd I say dey listen to corrections (provided dey weren't raised by nut-headed parent(s) though)
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by simpleseyi: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
I have been married for about 4 years now, I cannot remember greeting my wife in the morning neither can I remember her greeting me in the morning. Please which village is the original poster from? Are you suggesting that my wife should be greeting me thus "good morning sir, God bless you sir, you are welcome to primary 4a".?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by bukatyne(f): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2015
^^^^^^

Hahaha!

@OP:

Five years later, I still do not understand What this tread is about.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by bukatyne(f): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
byvan03

Come and see this thread o!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by byvan03: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
bukatyne:
byvan03

Come and see this thread o!

I wonder who exhumed this ridiculous thread cheesy.

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by bukatyne(f): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
byvan03:

I wonder who exhumed this ridiculous thread cheesy.

I did o!

Six years later, I neither make head or tail of it.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Bamzzz(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2018
Greeting your spouse in the morning is a good way to start your day. In my view, the person that wake up first should greet first but at times I know for sure that my wife really need good rest so I wait for her wake before I greet her but honestly it is frustrating when she wake up first and will act as if she was with nobody in the room. One funny stupid thing with women is that once you take a role they often turned it to be a rule to their favour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Find It Hard Expressing Myself And It Is Killing Me / She Wants To Turn To A Moslem. / "We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.