Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (27005 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by 4peace(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
Disreal Am:

Why do we ladies lack respect this day? this should not be an issue to argu on, even then the bible statses that Salah calls Abraham (her husband ) my Lord. but now most of us calls our husband by his name. Why do u make things out of nothing?

Any wise woman shuld be humble to her husband.

GREET HIM WITH A KISS EVERY MORNING kiss
thank you my sister
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by r231(m): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
Mekzie:

My Lady greets me first and l don't see anything wrong about it

She does it so beautifully that you cant help but look forward to it every morning

grin grin grin

how do you work this out?

you wake up and wait for her to say good morning orrrrrrrrrrr cheesy grin
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by DisrealAm(f): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
@queeneve
You only got a fiance not husband, jst wait till u get married then don't respect him and u will see that in no time u will once more be single.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by agathamari(f): 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
benedictac:

but these little things could cause problems in marriage if not observed and delt with. so be wise
if something this petty becomes a problem, then you have far more serious issues in your relationship
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by DisrealAm(f): 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
that is not true. i dont say what i dont do and i dont need u to believe that. Every morning i greet my husband first. i do alot of things many women will say they cant do. what i enjoy in my marriage i bet u, u dont and just few women do enjoy such. wen u treat your husband with utmost respect (greetings included) u get what u do not even ask for.

My dear tell them! as for me i can be crazy attimes and my husband will alwayz ''mum u re God sent'' kiss
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by 4peace(m): 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
Respect is reciprocal.The more you respect you man you get double respect back.

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by sleekman(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2010
Womenu, Womenu equal rights, equal rights have entered una brain. Have u forgotten it is d holy book that says be submissive to ur husbands. Is it not God himself, dat cursed both man, woman & serpent? Woman u don forget ur curse? If u have let me remind u. Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee. Those who have ear let them hear. So if ur husband wants u to greet him, u must greet automatic because BABA has said so. If e no send greeting U are lucky.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by 4peace(m): 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2010
sleekman:

Womenu, Womenu equal rights, equal rights have entered una brain. Have u forgotten it is d holy book that says be submissive to your husbands. Is it not God himself, dat cursed both man, woman & serpent? Woman u don forget your curse? If u have let me remind u. Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee. Those who have ear let them hear. So if your husband wants u to greet him, u must greet automatic because BABA has said so. If e no send greeting U are lucky.
God gave us freewill but satan turn it against us
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Meldrick(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
queeneve:

Thank you LORD, FOR MY FIANCE, I see I got a good one, YALL MOTHERFUGGAS ON SOME OTHER CHIT,

shocked embarassed Is this how you address your fiance(motherfugga)

shakes head in surprise.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by embeebabe: 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
Seriously guys, this is not even something we should be discussing about. I think either party can greet first. Understanding that there are different relationships will really help and what happens in one relationship might not happen in another.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Fhemmmy: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
It shd not matter who greets who, they both need to be grateful to God that they see another day and that they are both still at home with one another . . .
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by nateevs(m): 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
Absolute garbage.
Not everything about culture makes sense. . . So let no one force the issue of culture.
While I am not saying women should throw caution to the wind and act foolishly in marriage, it is only a domineering man, a control freak and someone who desires respect without giving back will make it a rule to be greeted first.

No matter how many times I read it, I can't and will not understand why your wife should greet you[b] "FIRST"[/b] in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
^^^ Made a whole lot of sense
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by lovemoi2(f): 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2010
[size=20pt]useless topic[/size] angry
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by sulad82i(m): 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
Its not compulsory, but I like our culture so much. It teaches respect and lot more. Its something I'll talk about anytime with my fiance about doing
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
sulad82i:

Its not compulsory, but I like our culture so much. It teaches respect and lot more. Its something I'll talk about anytime with my fiance about doing
That ought to be a dual street . . . . it is a give and take

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by stagger: 6:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
of all things a man has to worry about, must it be whether his wife greets him or not? such a man either has too much money and has nothing else to worry about, or is just an egoistic narcissist.

Sometimes, i greet my wife first, sometimes she greets me first. What really does that have to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Fhemmmy: 6:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
stagger:

of all things a man has to worry about, must it be whether his wife greets him or not? such a man either has too much money and has nothing else to worry about, or is just an egoistic narcissist.

Sometimes, i greet my wife first, sometimes she greets me first. What really does that have to do with anything?

Nothing
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by donfade: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
the part of the world we live in tends to believe tradition and hold there culture in high esteem above all other things in Yoruba land there is this popular saying he that does not great someone on his way in should not expect greeting in return anyone you and can do the greeting for selfless sacrifice and to let love continue.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by bobokelly(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
Very ridiculous , i wonder why some ladies or women are so arrogant , what is so special in greeting your husband, even bible make it clear that women should give their husband due respect, well i don't blame some ladies, may be greeting is no big deal in their culture, but in our cultures (YORUBA) we cherished greetings so much
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by HellaBella(f): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2010
bobokelly:

Very ridiculous , i wonder why some ladies or women are so arrogant , what is so special in greeting your husband, even bible make it clear that women should give their husband due respect, well i don't blame some ladies, may be greeting is no big deal in their culture, but in our cultures (YORUBA) we cherished greetings so much

Yes the bible makes many things clear about marriage that many men do not adhere to. All you men quoting the bible I'm sure you all overlook the commandment that says you should not commit adultery.
I have many friends that try to follow all the bible says about how to treat their husbands yet these same men are cheating on them everyday and my girls can't understand why given that they are "following all stipulated in the bible."

Greeting your husband first may be a sign of respect- yes, but anyone thinking that doing so means your man will respect you and treat you right is seriously delusional. Women always have to strive to be perfect and for what? Nothing is gauranteed sha.

2 Likes

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by royalicon(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2010
Anyone can, but Courtesy demand wife use that to honour her busband by greeting him first.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by omomakun: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2010
whoever wakes up first or whatever, are we back to the master & slave era, it really shouldn't be a big deal, AT ALL!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by omomakun: 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Greet?

For what?

Bros you too blunt! lol! I dey feel you though
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Manty(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
Who greets first doesnt really matters but, but some how it those considering age factor and the head of d house. A woman greeting her husband first doesnt mean she is a slave its just a sign of respect, it is natural in human nature we tend to appreciate people dat greets us well dan those dat dont
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by tpiah: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
WOMEN

please greet your fiances, husbands, boyfriends, first in the morning, if you want your relationship to last and so this thread doesnt turn into WWIII and jihad

no need arguing the point or flogging the matter abeg
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Cyberfreak(f): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by hannydarl(f): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
@ Gentlebendbendleg

What problems were you born with? Respect yourself here o dont spread the woman wraper virus here sicko gidi na men loke you dey take girlfriend do wife and use wife do girlfriend.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by londoner: 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2010
To be honest, its sooooo not an issue that I couldn't tell you you greets who first. It may vary depending on who wakes up first. My BF is just a cool guy so he does n't make everything about his masculinity.

To think that some people go to bed and never wake, and others are feeling hurt about who greets who first.

Now to me, if someone is in the house and the other comes home, the one at home should greet first because you are welcoming them home. It could be man or woman.

To be honest I think Africans can be too petty sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by axeman85(m): 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
interesting question.

i greet my woman good morning with either a hug or kiss or both  and sometimes, we say the traditional good morning. it just depends on whatever we decide to say to each other tthen. its not necessary to greet good morning, as there are several ways of saying good morning without sounding too ancient.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by londoner: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
Can somebody tell me what "culture" sets out for a man to do for his wife/partner to keep a happy relationship, other than having a job? It seems there is a never ending list of what the woman must do, as if the success of any home rests squarely on her efforts.

Seriously, some African woman must feel that they could be booted out of a home at any given slip, lol
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Danfaga(m): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
I believe the wife must greet the husband because it is part of her obligations as a wife.But there is no harm if the husband greets the wife first,although,this can be determined by the love and understanding they have for each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.