Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (27008 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by obelisk(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
all those that keep wondering why this is an issue should know that its little foxes that spoil the vineyard.

if your greeting isn't acknowledged will you be happy?

if you find out that if you don't greet ,there will be no greetings,will you be happy?

now to the point,it varies from from couple to couple who greets first.
for me, any time my partner greets me first ,it warms my heart and i always make a mental note to beat her to it next time.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ddiamond(f): 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
no big deal in greeting but in tiwa n tiwa na wife suppose greet first, then it depends on the man is he is from  SANNGO(one of yoruba deity) family or ALAKOWE.

i remember when i woke up and greet my dad n started enchanting our family praise also  my mum do the same, so i will like to do the same for my husband and my children,
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by raintree: 3:30pm On Mar 30, 2010
Iranoladun:

In my culture (Yoruba) the wife is expected to greet the husband first in the morning before she start her day just like you'd be required to greet an elder first and not vice versa. As for me I don't make a fuss about it and do it with a hug or a kiss wink
Why is it that you guys like to identify everything as "my culture"?  Tell me, do you have any particular intimacy culture (i.e. squatting position n etc. ) in Yoruba?   undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by stonecold2(m): 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
ok not mandatory
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by agapeLuv1(m): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
Well Its a lot depends on seniority because a lot of guys marry older ladies because of Money grin, so you its complicated the older lady will expect the hubby to 1st greet her at least he is chopping her cash, but in African culture the women is suppose to brutu for the hubby 1st..or what do you guys/babes thing?? cheesy cheesy

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by joe4christ(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
What? I cant believe i'm hearing this from most 9ja ladies! How can you live with a man recognised by all as your husband and you find it difficult to always be the first to greet him which is also a sign of respect and admiration,  WHAT IS THIS WORLD REALY TURNING TO? I CANT LIVE WITH A WOMAN WHOSE PRIDE WONT LET HER ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO GREET ME NOT JUST EVERY MORNING BUT EACH TIME WE SEE, GOD KNOWS I CANT STAND THAT SH*T mehn!

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by chuks0421(m): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2010
wat is d big deal in greating?

It does not matter who greats first, be it d husband or d wife, d most important thing is dat d luv is still there early in d morning especially wen the wife is not lookin her best  wink wink
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2010
W.H.A.T, T.H.E, F.U.G.G.?

Let me go greet my damn fiance before I be single again, THIS SOME BULLCHIT!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by hannydarl(f): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
Posted by: LAX89
Insert Quote
A generation that has distanced themself from God will always ask questions that they have already been instructed on by the Holy Book. But when disaster enters their lives they come asking God "why, why me, why now".

E don reach woman turn man don remember wetin bible talk. I hope you remember how bible says men should treat their wives oh and also remember what bible says about faithfulness from husbands dont just remember the law specific to women only.

Posted by: benedictac
Insert Quote
Quote from: Ujujoan on Today at 10:39:41 AM
There is no big deal about greeting, so it really should not be an issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with respect. Salutation they say is not love. I can greet him every minute, every day, and still be very disreespectful!

Abi o somefin like Ekaro o baba agbaya , ekaro o baba opkonu atunji loni o ah ah baba seji moman ki yin e da emi lohun ni? O ga gan o. grin

@ Topic

Na wa o a family that degenerates to the level where hubby is demanding for greeting shows that they are not even happyily married cos when a couple is happy no one points a finger saying why dint you greet me first thing in the mornning eh why are you waiting for me to greet you first.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by titsqueez(m): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
my wife beta greet me first and i will be listening out for it as well. After i don empty my whole bank account for bride price she go come de use my salutation play? e no go happen
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by gentlegg(m): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
benedictac:

i dont know the problems of we ladies. what is the big deal about greeting. Is your husband your mate? God has made him the head over u. Do u debate who to greet your father first. What is the big deal of greeting your husband first and give him all the respect due to him. Haba!!! this is africa and not western world. If u have a husband that notices this type of things why dont u do it and have peace in your marriage. Haba!!! na waoh for ladies
You are rare honest girl in this post.

Why should we argue who greet first? Why should a wife expect the husband to greet her first? Nigeria women and their westernization while they are still centuries back with reasoning of the western woman.

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by MsTom(f): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
@poster,

Should that matter? Marriage is more than petty things such as that. Greeting the spouse first or not does not prove that you love him or respect him or would not cheat on him.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2010
joe4christ:

What? I cant believe i'm hearing this from most 9ja ladies! How can you live with a man recognised by all as your husband and you find it difficult to always be the first to greet him which is also a sign of respect and admiration, WHAT IS THIS WORLD REALY TURNING TO? I CANT LIVE WITH A WOMAN WHOSE PRIDE WONT LET HER ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO GREET ME NOT JUST EVERY MORNING BUT EACH TIME WE SEE, GOD KNOWS I CANT STAND THAT excreta mehn!

dont mind some of these ladies, that is why they having difficulties in their marriages.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by gentlegg(m): 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2010
hannydarl:

Posted by: LAX89
Insert Quote
A generation that has distanced themself from God will always ask questions that they have already been instructed on by the Holy Book. But when disaster enters their lives they come asking God "why, why me, why now".

E don reach woman turn man don remember wetin bible talk. I hope you remember how bible says men should treat their wives oh and also remember what bible says about faithfulness from husbands dont just remember the law specific to women only.

Posted by: benedictac
Insert Quote
Quote from: Ujujoan on Today at 10:39:41 AM
There is no big deal about greeting, so it really should not be an issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with respect. Salutation they say is not love. I can greet him every minute, every day, and still be very disreespectful!

Abi o somefin like Ekaro o baba agbaya , ekaro o baba opkonu atunji loni o ah ah baba seji moman ki yin e da emi lohun ni? O ga gan o. grin

@ Topic

Na wa o a family that degenerates to the level where hubby is demanding for greeting shows that they are not even happyily married cos when a couple is happy no one points a finger saying why dint you greet me first thing in the mornning eh why are you waiting for me to greet you first.

Based on the highlighted above, you seriously have problem.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
gentlegg:

Why should we argue who greet first? Why should a wife expect the husband to greet her first? Nigeria women and their westernization while they are still centuries back with reasoning of the western woman.

that is not true. i dont say what i dont do and i dont need u to believe that. Every morning i greet my husband first. i do alot of things many women will say they cant do. what i enjoy in my marriage i bet u, u dont and just few women do enjoy such. wen u treat ur husband with utmost respect (greetings included) u get what u do not even ask for

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by lexandra(f): 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
yes
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by titsqueez(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
truely this our "westernised" naija girls de even make oyibo girls look like mother Teresa. This is one of the reasons my wife only comes to the UK for visits . . .never to stay God forbid!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Iranoladun(f): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2010
raintree:

Why is it that you guys like to identify everything as "my culture"?  Tell me, do you have any particular culture (i.e. squatting position n etc. ) in Yoruba?   undecided

@raintree Could you please expantiate more on your point? I don't get it
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by BlackRevo: 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hmm hearing very strange replies on this thread.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by kufreabasi(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2010
Charity they say begins at home. If this a true saying, it is never a crime for either husband or wife to greet each other first base on when either of them is up from bed or thereabout.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by ono(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
Iranoladun:

In my culture (Yoruba) the wife is expected to greet the husband first in the morning before she start her day just like you'd be required to greet an elder first and not vice versa. As for me I don't make a fuss about it and do it with a hug or a kiss wink

I grew up in the West - your area, and in general, you're right. That's the way the real Yoruba woman will do it.

But I'm from the South South region - wifey too. I really haven't given this ''greetings thing'' a thought until now. Time to give some steer in that direction at home - for I like it the Yoruba way (having considered the two scenarios - greet/don't greet or make anything of it). But that's me sha.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by sayso: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
if you love and respect your husband and want to put him first before anything,you should always beat the gun to greet him.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by gentlegg(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
benedictac:

that is not true. i dont say what i dont do and i dont need u to believe that. Every morning i greet my husband first. i do alot of things many women will say they cant do. what i enjoy in my marriage i bet u, u dont and just few women do enjoy such. wen u treat your husband with utmost respect (greetings included) u get what u do not even ask for
Is like u didn't understand me. I was praising your reply because you sound honest and i agree with your replies here.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by clintwine(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2010
This post is very very funny, but to those that keep westernizing everything, the same western statistics shows more women are becoming singles everyday.
probably we should join them too.

What most women don't realize is, it's little things that cause great problems.
I for one never had problem with this as am used to greeting, until i noticed my Girlfriend wasn't the greeting type, all i had to do was find an indirect way of telling her it wasn't nice and i think she got the clue.

Men are not saying you should kneel down and say ekaro, if you love someone, courtesy demands you greet in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by raintree: 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
Iranoladun:

@raintree Could you please expantiate more on your point? I don't get it
They cut my word. I said SSSEEEXXX culture.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by DisrealAm(f): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
Why do we ladies lack respect this day? this should not be an issue to argu on, even then the bible statses that Salah calls Abraham (her husband ) my Lord. but now most of us calls our husband by his name. Why do u make things out of nothing?

Any wise woman shuld be humble to her husband.

GREET HIM WITH A KISS EVERY MORNING kiss
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Meldrick(m): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2010
There is no big deal about it but will a woman wake up and see her husband and start looking at her husband eye ball to eye ball waiting for him to say Goodmorning Darling. Of course she will be ready to reply Good morning my dear, How are u? Really funny.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2010
gentlegg:

If the husband is so petty as to make a mountain out of a molehill, then he's the one with the problem, not me! undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 5:07pm On Mar 30, 2010
Humble to your husband?  What the fugg, last time I checked a man was a man, not GOD,
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by gentlegg(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2010
Ujujoan:

If the husband is so petty as to make a mountain out of a molehill, then he's the one with the problem, not me!  undecided
Goodluck to your husband

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2010
Thank you LORD, FOR MY FIANCE, I see I got a good one, YALL MOTHERFUGGAS ON SOME OTHER CHIT,
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Mekzie(m): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
My Lady greets me first and l don't see anything wrong about it

She does it so beautifully that you cant help but look forward to it every morning

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.