Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (27007 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 11:29am On Mar 31, 2010
@ Ujujoan, the problems most people have in their marriage is that, they work on the principles of man and not God. When you work with the principles of man, there will always be problems but when u work with the principles of God, even if it look difficult, the end thereof is always joy.

I use the principles of God in my marriage, 29th March (the day b4 yesterday) was my 2nd anniversary and i can look back and say thank u Lord for giving me the grace to use these principles.

Principle 1: Gens. 3: 16b - "and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee"

Principle 2: Prov. 14:1 - "every wise woman buildeth her house, but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands"

Principle 3: Prov. 31: 10 - 31 the virtouse woman (most especially, verse 12, which says "she will do him good and not evil all the days of her life"wink

it is not as if there hasnt been time i felt like packing out of the marriage, far from it. But because i made Christ the Solid Rock of my marriage, no storm has been able to pull the the Rock of my marriage.

so all these things in marriage that u might think it doesnt count, it does count.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2010
deluxecad:

@Benedictac: No she couldn't be. From her tough disposition on some woman-man issues that require wisdom from God you can tell. Them tech Naija chics. Lol

tongue tongue cheesy

benedictac:

@ Ujujoan, the problems most people have in their marriage is that, they work on the principles of man and not God. When you work with the principles of man, there will always be problems but when u work with the principles of God, even if it look difficult, the end thereof is always joy.

I use the principles of God in my marriage, 29th March (the day b4 yesterday) was my 2nd anniversary and i can look back and say thank u Lord for giving me the grace to use these principles.

Principle 1: Gens. 3: 16b - "and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee"

Principle 2: Prov. 14:1 - "every wise woman buildeth her house, but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands"

Principle 3: Prov. 31: 10 - 31 the virtouse woman (most especially, verse 12, which says "she will do him good and not evil all the days of her life"wink

it is not as if there hasnt been time i felt like packing out of the marriage, far from it. But because i made Christ the Solid Rock of my marriage, no storm has been able to pull the the Rock of my marriage.

so all these things in marriage that u might think it doesnt count, it does count.

So what about the non-christians who don't have the luxury of knwledge of the bible They are doomed for bad marriages undecided

I am a christian and I beleive in all what you are saying. But we don't need them here. There are basic laws of nature that guide us and one of my favourites is 'do unto other what you want them to do unto you' . . . Why would a man want to intimidate me just because he's my husband
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by jossy501: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2010
@ benedictac  i quit agree with u 100% little things count in marriage and greetings is not an exception
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

tongue tongue cheesy

So what about the non-christians who don't have the luxury of knwledge of the bible They are doomed for bad marriages undecided

I am a christian and I beleive in all what you are saying. But we don't need them here. There are basic laws of nature that guide us and one of my favourites is 'do unto other what you want them to do unto you' . . . Why would a man want to intimidate me just because he's my husband

i dont think there is any where in Koran that says the oposite of what i have just said
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by noblegas2(m): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2010
Hmmm,
agabaI23:

To say good morning is now sounding ancient. *Shakes head*

Very soon hugging your wife will become archaic too.

Yes O! it has now become a big deal for some women and that why we get some replies like -

NANA
Who cares??
[/quote]

OR

CYBERFREAK
[s]This is absolute rubbish. Which nonsense greeting? A man and his wife are supposed to be partners, companions, not master and slave or superior and inferior. Useless non-issues like this are what are found in Africa where the norm is for men to treat their wives like slaves[/s].

OR

GL
[s]exactly. greeting is too formal, i reserve it for strangers and authority figures. i hardly greet my siblings and friends, when i do it's just 'hey/hi/how far', usually we just start talking. i'm okay with greeting first, except the guy gets all tyrannical about it. i'd have a problem with it then.
[/s]

OR EVEN

LAO
[s]Why should I greet my husband in the morning Undecided . Most times we just hug in the morning or if he has something important to do in the morning he gets up and he is gone. I feel it is no big deal. when a guy starts to cheat or he is doing something odd that is when he starts finding faults in his wife.[/s]

Even the famous UJUJOAN that i always regard as a wife material also said
[s]
If the husband is so petty as to make a mountain out of a molehill, then he's the one with the problem, not me! [/s]

well,

AGABA123

[size=13pt]These responses if they are real tells me that some girls already see their future husband as a rival.[/size]

I actually don't understand why two people who claim who live together in love will wake up in the morning each to his own. Not even 'did you sleep well' if Good morning is now bringing yourself down.

The reason why Britain is riddled with depression is that they do not have neighbours anymore and I am not surpised that all those 'no bigdeal' replies come from Britain. grin grin grin

well said,
Also, i was really suprised dat a lady could make this type of statement

BENEDICTAC
[size=15pt]i dont know the problems of we ladies. what is the big deal about greeting[/size]. Is your husband your mate? God has made him the head over u. Do u debate who to greet your father first. What is the big deal of greeting your husband first and give him all the respect due to him. Haba!!! [size=13pt]this is africa and not western world.[/size] If u have a husband that notices this type of things why dont u do it and have peace in your marriage. Haba!!! na waoh for ladies

yes O!Dont mind dem ma`am, later on, they will complain of broken marriage or no husband or even single at 35.

in conclusion,

JOE4CHRIST
What? [size=15pt]I cant believe i'm hearing this from most 9ja ladies![/size] How can you live with a man recognised by all as your husband and you find it difficult to always be the first to greet him which is also a sign of respect and admiration,  WHAT IS THIS WORLD REALY TURNING TO? [size=20pt]I CANT LIVE WITH A WOMAN WHOSE PRIDE WONT LET HER ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO GREET ME[/size] NOT JUST EVERY MORNING BUT EACH TIME WE SEE, GOD KNOWS I CANT STAND THAT excreta mehn!

End of story!!!

benedictac:

are u married?

Nope! i dont fink so!!!

[quote author=ibhagab link=topic=420992.msg5801861#msg5801861 date=1270024034]
This generation is crazy. because of the madness of ladies of today, that is why men are no longer interested in getting married.     This girls that are saying anyone can greet first, are still the ones that will say: ,the husband cook, the husband can wash her clothes, the husband can sweep the house, the husband can dress the bed when they wake up in the morning, the husband can make the dining!  CRAZY GENERATION! [size=30pt]ANY MAN THAT MARRY ANY OF THESE GIRLS IS DOOMED[/size]! all d girls, make una go marry una self, Na LESBIANISM FIT UNA! these girls supporting insubordination, should get married to another girl, so dat they will enjoy equality to the maximum!

I fink this does it!!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

i dont think there is any where in Koran that says the oposite of what i have just said

And Christianity & Islam are the only religion in the world 

Well whatever, I'm just saying that we dont need the bible to solve this puzzle!

noble_gas1:

Even the famous UJUJOAN that i always regard as a wife material also said
[s]
If the husband is so petty as to make a mountain out of a molehill, then he's the one with the problem, not me! [/s]
well said,
Also, i was really suprised dat a lady could make this type of statement

I'm sorry to disapoint you honey, but I've never been a great supporter of men who leave serious issues and focus on irrelevancies. I'm yet to see what the big deal is all about. I'm not saying I won't do it, I mean if I have a childish man who thinks greeting him 'good morning' means I respect him, I'll humor him just for the heck of it! But that doesn't mean a thing to me!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

Well whatever, I'm just saying that we dont need the bible to solve this puzzle!

and what do we need to solve the puzzle, man's wisdom?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by blackcat1: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2010
In this modern times, whoever sees the other first. In our mothers time, the woman.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by noblegas2(m): 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'm sorry to disapoint you honey, but I've never been a great supporter of men who leave serious issues and focus on irrelevancies. I'm yet to see what the big deal is all about. I'm not saying I won't do it, I mean if I have a childish man who thinks greeting him 'good morning' means I respect him, I'll humor him just for the heck of it! But that doesn't mean a thing to me!

Point is, dont make it a big deal to be the first to say Good morning to your Husband!!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

and what do we need to solve the puzzle, man's wisdom?

Common sense! What is ther big deal about greeting undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
noble_gas1:

Point is, dont make it a big deal to be the first to say Good morning to your Husband!!!

I won't, as far as he does not either! undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2010
i asked b4, are u married? If yes or no what type of marriage do u want
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 12:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
If you ever went to a divorce court, you'll see how the issues we call irrelevant and petty turn out to be be the flash point of many troubled marriages.

My kind advice is this to all them modern and anything-goes chics out there: Know your spouse and never take any detail for granted.[/size]

Arguing about who makes the bed, who clears the dining, who greets first or who doesn't has never and will never help.

Ujujoan:

I won't, as far as he does not either! undecided

Margaret Thatcher.[size=8pt] grin cool lipsrsealed
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

i asked b4, are u married? If yes or no what type of marriage do u want

I'm not married and please I dont want you to see this as an inexperienced point of view!

I want to marry a man I would see as not my leader, but my friend. Someone I won't have to fear or dread. I want a friendly home where my children won't fear daddy or mummy! I grew up in a house where I didnt have to call any of my elder ones 'sister' or 'brother'. But if you say something as little as 'nonsense' to your immediate senior, my dad would skin you alive. It was a respecful environment devoid of all the formalities.

I once went to see a BF, an ex . .  his younger brother was also in the house at that time. I remember coming out in the morning and saying good morning to his younger brother, but I can remember saying same to him. It not that I didn't respect him, but c'mon, I woke up beside him!  undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
deluxecad:

Margaret Thatcher.[size=8pt]

LOl grin

Are you married? You too Benedictac
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
anyway, i wish u the best in ur marriage life

Ujujoan:

LOl grin

Are you married? You too Benedictac

read my post u quoted earlier
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
This is so sad.  It is clear that MANY OF YOU ALL ARE NOT CHRISTIANS OR RELIGIOUS.   If we are going to bring religion into this, LET BRING IT CORRECTLY.

The bible clearly states in EPHESIANS 5

Walk in love as Christ has loved us.  For the fruit of the spirit is GOODNESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS.  Walk not as a fool, but wise and SUBMITTING TO ONE ANOTHER IN THE FEAR OF GOD.  WIVES SUBMIT YOURSELF TO THEY HUSBANDS AS HE IS SUBMITTING TO CHRIST.  The husband is the head as Christ is the head of the church.  HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIFE AS YOUR LOVE YOURSELF AS YOUR WIFE WILL REVEREND YOU.

The bible clearly states to men as head of the family WITH CHRIST THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH BODY.  Husbands love your wife as you love yourself for your wife will reverend you.  It has not said anything about who greet who first, who bathe who first, who go kill a cow first, and who eat the past piece of chicken first.  It simply states WALK IN LOVE AND RESPECT FOLLOWS.  

If you do not have respect for your wife, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT HER TO RESPECT YOU?

Please stop reading the bible for what YOU WANT IT TO BE and READ IT FOR WHAT IT SAID!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 12:42pm On Mar 31, 2010
queeneve:

This is so sad.  It is clear that MANY OF YOU ALL ARE NOT CHRISTIANS OR RELIGIOUS.   If we are going to bring religion into this, LET BRING IT CORRECTLY.

The bible clearly states in EPHESIANS 5

Walk in love as Christ has loved us.  For the fruit of the spirit is GOODNESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS.  Walk not as a fool, but wise and SUBMITTING TO ONE ANOTHER IN THE FEAR OF GOD.  WIVES SUBMIT YOURSELF TO THEY HUSBANDS AS HE IS SUBMITTING TO CHRIST.  The husband is the head as Christ is the head of the church.  HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIFE AS YOUR LOVE YOURSELF AS YOUR WIFE WILL REVEREND YOU.

The bible clearly states to men as head of the family WITH CHRIST THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH BODY.  Husbands love your wife as you love yourself for your wife will reverend you.  It has not said anything about who greet who first, who bathe who first, who go kill a cow first, and who eat the past piece of chicken first.  It simply states WALK IN LOVE AND RESPECT FOLLOWS.  

If you do not have respect for your wife, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT HER TO RESPECT YOU?

Please stop reading the bible for what YOU WANT IT TO BE and READ IT FOR WHAT IT SAID!

You sound so inexperienced, competitive and like you don't understand the cultures that sustained your forebears.

Do you ever come home to Africa for some real schooling on how to lead a respectful life? Like begets like. For every action we put up, we have an equal reaction.

Show some love. Share your greeting, it doesn't matter how. It could be a kiss(like you pple come here to pretend), a hug, a wink or whatever.

You ladies should stop living in fantasy, marriage is not a competition, it's a lifetime commitment you have to do all worthwhile things to sustain.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 12:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
Dont mind them
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Duluxe,

If you are a teacher by trade, PLEASE GO FIRE URSELF!  You missed my ENTIRE POST.  I SIMPLY AGREE WITH WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY, BUT OF COURSE YOU ARE TOO FOOLISH TO REALIZE WHEN SOMEONE IS AGREEING WITH YOU.  I simply stated that MEN ARE THE HEAD OF THE HOUSE, but you have to have CHRIST THE HEAD OF THE BODY.  IF you dont  respect your wife, dont expect her to respect you.   It just like you teaching your child how to do things or how to tie their shoe.  But, if you are the head you are supposed to teach and if you are not TEACHING BY EXAMPLE, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT THE PERSONS WHOM YOU ARE HEADING TO FOLLOW?!!!!

THAT WAS MY POINT!  

TEACH AND GIVE RESPECT FOR IT WILL BE RETURNED!  

GOOOOD GOLLY MOLLY!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2010
I WANT TO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE, I FORGOT WHO I WAS TALKING TO,

LET ME BREAK IT DOWN ANOTHER WAY,

WOULD YOU RESPECT SOMEONE THAT DISRESPECT YOU ON A DAILY BASIS? WOULD YOU RESPECT SOMEONE WHO MISTREATS YOU, BELITTLE YOU, ABUSE YOU, AND THREATENS YOUR LIFE?

I hope this get through your thick arse skull!

1 Like

Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
Pls in our posting, let's mind our choice of words. we are all adults
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by deluxecad(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
queeneve:

I WANT TO SINCERELY APOLOGIZE, I FORGOT WHO I WAS TALKING TO,

LET ME BREAK IT DOWN ANOTHER WAY,

WOULD YOU RESPECT SOMEONE THAT DISRESPECT YOU ON A DAILY BASIS? WOULD YOU RESPECT SOMEONE WHO MISTREATS YOU, BELITTLE YOU, ABUSE YOU, AND THREATENS YOUR LIFE?

I hope this get through your thick arse skull!

My dear, from your choice of words, it shows how much tolerant you can be. How can you sustain a happy home with you kind of attitude. One moment you are quoting the bible, another one you are cursing and using swear words. You can't hide nothing about yourself from the way you write. You are known. Watch it.
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
come, i nor fit seperate fight oh
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by masido(f): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
I dont think it should be a big deal for the wife to greet her husband first, after all, the man is the HUSBAND and the head of the house.
But it shouldnt really matter who greets first, abi?
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by queeneve: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
If you wanna get technical bruh, ARSE IS NOT A CURSE WORD, it a donkey,

How dare you compare yourself with my fiance!  My fiance can read and knwo when someone is agree with him.  I am known?  Who is you?  Chile, you sipping on that PATRON A LIL TOO MUCH, stop it!

Oh, Beau, THIS ISN'T FIGHTING TRUST ME,

But, I digress, I see a fool gotta feel good somehow,

Done with it,
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
queeneve:

If you wanna get technical bruh, ARSE IS NOT A CURSE WORD, it a donkey,

How dare you compare yourself with my fiance! My fiance can read and knwo when someone is agree with him. I am known? Who is you? Chile, you sipping on that PATRON A LIL TOO MUCH, stop it!

Oh, Beau, THIS ISN'T FIGHTING TRUST ME,

But, I digress, I see a fool gotta feel good somehow,

Done with it,

nothing we nor go see for NL

chaircover:

I always say this and will say it again; Marriage is NOT about 100% equality. There can never be 2 captains running the same ship without a mishap happening long or short term.

If your husband is the type that likes these types of things, then let’s face it; it won’t take 10 seconds to say “good morning dear. Hope you had a nice night” to the man for peace to reign.

I suppose us loci’s that use the words “e” and “won” etc for hubby will be told off sternly for letting the side down wink

Gbam!!!
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
deluxecad:

You sound so inexperienced, competitive and like you don't understand the cultures that sustained your forebears.

Do you ever come home to Africa for some real schooling on how to lead a respectful life? Like begets like. For every action we put up, we have an equal reaction.

Show some love.  Share your greeting, it doesn't matter how. It could be a kiss(like you pple come here to pretend), a hug, a wink or whatever.

You ladies should stop living in fantasy, marriage is not a competition, it's a lifetime commitment you have to do all worthwhile things to sustain.

If it didnt matter so much, why would I have a husband who hyperventilates over it    undecided

Marriage is alifetime committement, that's why I dont want to be in one that would feel like I'm in a prison and his the warden!  undecided

chaircover:

I always say this and will say it again; Marriage is NOT about 100% equality. There can never be 2 captains running the same ship without a mishap happening long or short term.

If your husband is the type that likes these types of things, then let’s face it; it won’t take 10 seconds to say “good morning dear. Hope you had a nice night” to the man for peace to reign.

I suppose us loci’s that use the words “e” and “won” etc for hubby will be told off sternly for letting the side down wink

I gree with you. If my hubby wants it, I'll give it to him. I'll even add 'sir' if he wants. But that will in no way make me respect a man I don't want to respect.

Salutation is NOT love! I'm beggining to sound like a parrot!   undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ujujoan:

If it didnt matter so much, why would I have a husband who hyperventilates over it undecided

Marriage is alifetime committement, that's why I dont want to be in one that would feel like I'm in a prison and his the warden! undecided

I gree with you. If my hubby wants it, I'll give it to him. I'll even add 'sir' if he wants. But that will in no way make me respect a man I don't want to respect.

Salutation is NOT love! I'm beggining to sound like a parrot! undecided

can u hia urself? why would u marry a man u cant respect
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
benedictac:

can u hia urself? why would u marry a man u cant respect

Oh please we all know ANYTHING is possible. My friend's hubby never made a big deal out of the 'Good morning sir' thing untill they got married, even though they dated for close to two years! undecided
Re: Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? by benedictac(f): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
and if u are in the shoes of this ur friend, what will u rather do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Need More People" - Tanzanian President Warns Women To Stop Taking Pills / Facebook Couple Celebrate 4th Anniversary Of Meeting (photos) / 40-year-old Man Remanded In Prison For Enticing Married Muslim Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.