Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking (368 Views)

Photos Of 23 Human Trafficking Victims Rescued In Benue While Being Transported / Woman Who Physically Abused 7-year-old Girl Jailed For Human Trafficking. Photo / 30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by BiteofBenin: 9:01am On Dec 02, 2017
Over 3000 indigenes of the state died last year while being trafficked to Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPIxEfv_uJk
Re: Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by Flexherbal(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2017
May their souls rest in peace!
Re: Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by python1: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2017
Too bad. Edo State needs to stop all these, the indigenes of that state are among the most intelligent and hardworking Nigerians, but I wonder why they get themselves involved in things like this. If na developers, the thing for no surprise me, but Edo, abeg, make una stop am.
Re: Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 02, 2017
3,000 dem plenty oooo shocked I bet 90% of dem na women Edo people need to stop dis dere life style if not dem go soon go in to extinction.
Re: Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by UbanmeUdie: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2017
shocked

Edo state is cursed!

The Oba of Benin is a disgrace and a mumu!

Loss of 3,000 Edo indigenes to human trafficking is an understatement. The number is far more than that.

Most streets and communities in Edo state are now empty of viable youths, even married women are more than ready to leave their husbands and children for a trip to Europe by any means.

To an average Bini person, travelling abroad is like winning a Nobel peace price or winning the world cup.

The other day, I saw an obituary and against the names of the deceased's children, their respective countries of residence were printed boldly;

Uwaila - ITALY
Osakpamwan - SPAIN
Iyekekpolor - FRANCE
Osariemen - ITALY
Iyobosa - ITALY
Amadin - Libya (waiting to cross)

Smh!

I weep for Bini people!
Shame on you people!

I dedicate this post to all the landladies in Benin city and to everyone in Benin city waiting for western union and moneygram control numbers this December!
Re: Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by Leopantro: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2017
that figure is conservative.
there is an active participation of Edo citizens to migrate out of the country. i recall when individuals throw parties and recruit youths, esp girls to join them to migrate out. not only are the youths interested in going but the parents also encourage them to go.
i remember talking with a girl who was selected to join the next batch of people to migrate. she was so happy to go; nothing i said could change her mind. she planned to go there, make enough money and make sure her two younger sisters join her. she had finished from the polytechnic, no job and parents were farmers.
the country she was going to? Italy
at the end of the recruitment drive about 50 youths, mostly girls had a big party while other "unsuccessful" youths were told to wait for the next recruitment drive that will occur soon.
this happened in a village not far from Auchi.
Re: Edo Loses 3000 Persons To Human Trafficking by SouthEastFacts: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2017
python1:
Too bad. Edo State needs to stop all these, the indigenes of that state are among the most intelligent and hardworking Nigerians, but I wonder why they get themselves involved in things like this. If na developers, the thing for no surprise me, but Edo, abeg, make una stop am.
What about people that butchers human being for 8K or use grinded human skull to drink pap? What do you have to say about those people, the accomodators.

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Abducted Catholic Priest, Rev. Father Cyril Effiong Released / Married Woman Beaten, Thrown Into Well Because Of 3000naira / Police ‘fires’ Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Over Fresh Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.