Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

- Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (13954 Views)

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Few Ways To Show Love To Your Husband.... / My Husband Is Always Running (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: by Cyberfreak(f): 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2010
ng.
Re: by bawomolo(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
the idea that one should accept ridicule from a cheating husband but not from the neighborhood (they are already gossiping about your cheating husband anyway) is ludicrous.

they have a lesser chance than the men of finding another partner, especially if they had children from their previous partner.

her priorities should be taking care and being a ROLE MODEL for her kids, there are men in her family who should be willing to step up as father figures to those kids.  Aren't there widowers in Nigeria who raise and send their kids to school? a relationship would come later but no kids should be forced to stay in an abusive household because the mum doesn't want to be humiliated.  Hasn't she been humiliated enough by a SERIAL CHEAT.

when it becomes a pattern, there is nothing that can be done until the man admits he has a problem (see tiger woods).  the good ole nigerian thinking of siddon look while praying for God to miraculously transform the cheater into a saint doesn't work (it may work in nollywood though).

Beating up the mistresses doesn't work either.

If you keep waiting till u catch HIV na for your pocket.Society my a*s *s.Where is society when he's beating u black and blue? Is society also there when u r treating the gonorrhea he gave you? Where is society when he talks down on you and flaunts his mistresses shamelessly?

abi o. Nigerian society is full of show-offs.
what's actually common today are women who separate from their husbands without actually divorcing them. It's usually the independent ones that are able to do this.
Re: by Cyberfreak(f): 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2010
Okay.
Re: by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: by bawomolo(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
good points being made here.

the question here is have Nigerian women being conditioned to accept philandering men?
Re: by Sissy3(f): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ bawomolo

of course giving a second chance means agreeing to my conditions including counseling. am not just going to give a word of mouth " if you dare ever cheat again, am leaving"bs.
Re: by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2010
I'm sure glad i got the XY chromosomes. I cant imagine what a woman goes thru suspecting her husband of cheating.

I partially blame the woman outside too . . . if she had any principles there'd be no one to cheat with.
Re: by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
Cyberfreak:

Mrbrownjay,
why I considered your statement an insult was because I am definitely not one of the women who think like that and you went ahead to call me one of them without understanding my posts first. I find it insulting to be associated with such foolish thinking.

my bad i did misunderstood your post. i apologize.
Re: by Badriyyah(f): 10:06am On Mar 30, 2010
Serial Cheat That slowpoke is out of the door. We don't need to be married to be successful parents and he should have thought about the "family" before he started jumping from one skirt to another. And PLEASE women a bit of independence won't hurt, nothing irritates me more than a woman saying "I can't leave him because I don't have the funds" or "He takes care of me". If you have 10hours free everyday, instead of sitting at home watching tv, get a job.
Re: by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2010
Seriously im not staying with such a man, thinking about it alone is enuff to make the love i have for him go away, so if someone asks me this question, why would i be dumb about the whole thingy?my whole being will scream [size=32pt]DIVORCE[/size]
Re: by morpheus24: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
Divorce the man or shut up and take it.

What is hard in that. Your children will understand as they become adults. This is life please live it.
Re: by tessybrown(m): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hey hey am enjoy sumtin HERE is it true http://ladieshood.waphall.com
Re: by otukpo(f): 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
Pray for him and make sure u always use protection during intimacy.
Re: by Iranoladun(f): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
@Chaircover the topic is very sensitive and controversial.

The man in question is probably weak s.e.xually (lack s.e.xual prudence or control) and may be a $. e. x addict

I once caught my husband cheating; in a relationship with a female co-worker.  It was the worst point in my marriage and relationship with him and i can offer some of the solutions (even though his own was a one-off case and not habitual).

My proposed solutions for your friend;

1. she should end her own infidelity first he who wants equity must come with clean hands

2. She should get a job or a means of making money at home(whether she stays in the marriage or not financial independent is a must in her situation)

3. She should have a heart to heart talk with the husband.  if the husband admits that he's addictive (serial cheat) and is ready to be helped then he could seek  therapy

4. if she's very deeply in love (which I doubt because she's also cheating too) she may find it difficult to stay with the man if he's not willing to get help and stop his serial cheating

My marriage is very important to me and I also respect my marital vow so much that I will go to any length to keep it and if there is any sign that my husband is no longer on the same wavelength then we just have to separate. It is a consideration that every one needs to make once you are married.

The kids will only be happy if their parents respect each other enough to stick to their marital vows.  It is a question of time before 'people' start ridiculing the cheating dad in front of the kids or ridiculing their mum so head or tail unless the cheating stop the kids will get hurt (and may be permanently)
Re: by otukpo(f): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2010
the truth is that in Nigeria, most pple including ur very own family will advise u against leaving ur husband for something as trivial as cheating.
They see it as normal with men and ur own case in their arguement is not different.

so it depends on the woman to know if she is the type that is psychologically fit to separate from the man or the till death do them part type grin

it is the woman's decision and choice.
Re: by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2010
as long as women in any society,more so in nigeria,make it a life-long achievement to drag a man to the altar,and those who haven't are ridiculed or seen as low-class,men will always be kings.

Cheating will never stop.The more successful,good-looking and suave a man is,the more propensity he has of cheating

@topic

Women rarely leave serial cheats.Its the one-off unsmart guys who get their wives demanding divorce,especially in Nigeria
Re: by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
lol @ the one off unsmart guy
These serial cheats ehh, i wonder how their wives just stay there,
God please ooo, I cannot go through all that.
I will kill E, i know i will,
Re: by agathamari(f): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
goodbye
Re: by dancewith: 6:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
Divorce never pays. Not for any reason. stay and fight for your marriage and the kids. Thats the honourable thing to do

As for trying to get back at the man, dont be surprised that at 3 kids, you will be lucky if a low life as much as notices you. You will loose both ways!
Re: by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2010
Interesting Topic . . . . . If you against Divorce, then, just pray for him.
Re: by dancewith: 6:26pm On Mar 30, 2010
@poster (Chaircover)

The all knowing approach you are using suggest that you are indeed the real character in the story you are telling. So why are you cheating on your husband with a married man? Just because he is a serial cheater? Remember Tiger Wood's wife had a similar problem. How did she handle her own case? A word is good for the wise!!!!
Re: by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2010
dancewith:

@poster (Chaircover)

The all knowing approach you are using suggest that you are indeed the real character in the story you are telling. So why are you cheating on your husband with a married man? Just because he is a serial cheater? Remember Tiger Wood's wife had a similar problem. How did she handle her own case? A word is good for the wise!!!!

hahahahahah . . . . If you know Chaircover well, you will know that she will never do that, so she is obviously not the one in the story . . . the woman love her husband die.
Re: by totorimi: 6:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
Ordinarily i would not dabble into this topic but i think this particular subject has been paraded severally under different heading. On the subject my candid believe is that naturally nature has designed the man's body to give out while the womans body is to receive. when a man is a serial cheat he is just being himself showing the animal in him, especially if his orientation is skewed to the left. On the other hand a woman is designed to be gentle, calm but sometimes some pervert ladies abound so they can do and undo. My response to the poster is that if you married a man unknown to you that he is a beast inside then the best thing to do is to take precautions with him. You cannot afford to be sleeping around to square up the deal except you too you are a pervert. A time comes when his libido must cool down due to age and time factor then he returns back home to you but if you follow his ways how many can you possibly date to balance the equation.
Re: by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2010
/
Re: by Fhemmmy: 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2010
chaircover:

Ahhhhh Femi First of all receive one big beating Where have you been? How come you abandoned the family section for the Auto seciton, Are cars more important?  grin

But as you came to my aid, all is forgiven  kiss

@dancewith, a beg don't cause kata kata o! For the record I am not the lady in question but I can understand your displeasure at the story.

Since i am into exportation of Automobiles and Technologies, i have been busy with business oh . . . .BTW, u cld have stayed in touch too . . .i really missed the family section though
Re: by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
Re: by sulad82i(m): 7:13pm On Mar 30, 2010
I try as much as possible not to be a cheat cos I never had my father around when I was growing up. It bothers me a lot until now cos he was never there for me but wants to be there now cos there's been changes. I can only count 2 nights, that I remember seeing my parent together under the same roof. One of which was 2 years ago when I went back to Nigeria. Its really sad.
So I wont say the woman should just pack her things and leave.
When you approach fire with another fire, ashes will be the left over. The kids will loose more than the parent will.
Re: by switosman(m): 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2010
Let me give this tread another twist:
Most times the lady is the one driving her husband into the hands of another woman. some even as single ladies has sown seed  n now they are reaping what they have sown, its all cries,
Re: by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2010
chaircover:

OK let me say it with all my mouth (ka fi gbogbo ebu soro) We have miseed you on here, so while you are waiting for the next shipment of your X5's and ML's please pay us a visit and you can tell us who is the best person to keep the engagement ring grin

I will be visiting frequently now.
One the ring, i still blv the woman shd keep the ring, cos it was a gift to her . . . tongue
Re: by honeyguy(m): 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2010
I'd rather go through that humiliation than stay with a man who will totally wreck my self esteem,
be it nija or no nija,divorce is nothing new in my family,3 and counting( all happily remarried).Not that i'm proud of it but im proud that i have examples of women who know their self worth.[/b]my dad's sis was a victim of physical abuse,after years and 5 kids, when her sis found out,she had to leave the man.

My mom's sis found pictures and videos of live n a k e d women on her husbands camcorder, (several bush rats)after so much,she's happily divorced.

@hispinkolo, ladies like you need deliverance! These are part of the reasons why men tag some women as "not a wife material", how can you go into a marriage with such a mentality? Did you hide your brains under your wedding dress when saying "in [b]sickness
and in health, till death do us part", "i do"? It is obvious that a serial cheater is sick and needs help, instead of trying to find solution to your marital problems, you are running stupidly away from it like a loser.
Do people really know what it means to be married? Most people these days just get married without knowing the true meaning of marriage. Who says marriage is a bed of roses? We all know that marriage has different sides to it( the good, the bad and the ugly) just the way life in general is patterned.
divorce is nothing new in my family,3 and counting( all happily remarried).Not that i'm proud of it but im proud that i have examples of women who know their self worth.
I think men should try as much as possible to do some family background check before marrying some ladies or else they will be sorry
Re: by royalicon(m): 8:18pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hand him over to God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. / Super Eagles Chidi Odiah Abandoned His Wife And Baby? / Court Dissolves 30-day-old Marriage, Asks Woman To Refund Dowry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.