Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294120 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:38am On Dec 19, 2017
@Deebay and @Kissoflife Congratulations! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:44am On Dec 19, 2017
@fantababy Congratulations on acing your IELTS. You can also explore adding 25% of your pension and that of your spouse. Looking forward to reading more success stories from you. Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ljay17: 8:01am On Dec 19, 2017
Congrats @Deebay and @Kissoflife

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by enocoded4life(f): 8:02am On Dec 19, 2017
Deebay:
Been smiling like what I don't know...

It's the golden mail at last...

PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOR November 20

MEP Dec 11

PPR Dec 18

kissoflife:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay PPR is finally here

AOR Nov 22

PPR December 19

Congratulations! May my own PPR come speedily too.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2017
kissoflife:

1st ITA August 23 (Declined October 4th, POF not complete)

2nd ITA October 4 (Same day I declined initial ITA)

AOR Nov 22

NA 1 Nov 22

UCI & Med Passed December 6

IP1 December 7

NA2 December 8

ADR RPRF December 13

RPRF paid December 14

IP2 December 14

PPR December 19

• I used two accounts (savings and domicilliary).
• Two Gift deeds covering 85% of the funds

Wow! Nice. Congrats man. Thanks for also sharing info about your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2017
Hello All,

I just got PPR and I was told my passports should be valid for 6 months. My current passport expires in June 18th 2018 which is now less than six months.

I have an option to take the risk and send my passport or renew .

Now the question;

I am given 15 days to submit my passport, how do I ask for extension to renew my passport?

CC: cochtrane

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 8:13am On Dec 19, 2017
TEECANN:

@cochtrane,

Wow...how did I miss this golden piece of information.

1. Like seriously? My good friend, are you saying in the event of receiving the PPR mail, I can mail the Visa Office and inform them that I cannot submit my passport within the time frame given due to so and so reason and it will be honoured without me loosing the intended CoPR that has been fought long & hard for?

2. How does this affect the general rule which says you must be on your way to canny before your medical report or passport expires,whichever comes first?

So let's say hypothetically you delayed getting stamped and issued a CoPR and your medical report (which suppose to last for a year) expired mid way, what can you do in that event or should you just plan the whole arrangements to fall within the currency of ones medical report? (What is to be done where ones medical report expires before exiting to Canny?)

Pls help me to shed light on this in detail as this info may afford one some more time to gather a lil more fund before exiting which will be very useful for a fresh immigrant family in Canny.

It will all end in praise IJN!
1. Yes. You surely can write them to extend the deadline for passport submission. I think you'd need to provide valid reasons for this though, like evidence of travel, etc. One certainly can't send a passport they don't have yet.

2. I think the rule about medicals still stands. That one is set in stone.

Well, about the medicals expiring mid-way. I'm guessing they'll probably request that you redo it. They often require this of people whose medicals expire before issuance of PPR. So, am guessing that'd be the way to go.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2017
cochtrane:

Wow! Nice. Congrats man. Thanks for also sharing info about your application.

Thanks. please I need to extend my passport submission deadline. i just realised i need to renew my passport before submission. how do I go about it? I dont know who to send the email too and the format as well .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 8:18am On Dec 19, 2017
cochtrane:

1. Yes. You surely can write them to extend the deadline for passport submission. I think you'd need to provide valid reasons for this though, like evidence of travel, etc. One certainly can't send a passport they don't have yet.

2. I think the rule about medicals still stands. That one is set in stone.

Well, about the medicals expiring mid-way. I'm guessing they'll probably request that you redo it. They often require this of people whose medicals expire before issuance of PPR. So, am guessing that'd be the way to go.

I am confused Who do i write to? I dont know my visa office. Do I reply the PPR mail?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ekinado: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2017
Congrats to the PPR recipients!!!!!!
please can someone assist me with the meaning of these words so I can understand my timeline

IP1
NA1
NA2
IP2

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2017
It's not mandatory. They only require that the contact details of the company shows on the letterhead.
thekingskiddy:
Hello everyone,

I am very hopeful about my chances reading the testimonies of people who have gone through this whole process. I have a question concerning the employer reference letter. Is it mandatory that a complimentary card is attached to the reference letter even though the contact details of the person who wrote the letter (in this case, school principal) is clearly stated in the reference letter itself?

@newmum0615 and other gurus in the house, please help. Thanks a lot in anticipation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2017
Ekinado:
Congrats to the PPR recipients!!!!!!
please can someone assist me with the meaning of these words so I can understand my timeline

IP1
NA1
NA2
IP2

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2017
caon:
pls concerning d ref letter,my JD fits NOC 1212 to d letter.in fact I only changed a few words n even added an extra job functn not included in d NOC.hope it won't pose a problem.since I only changed a few words to suit my specific line.CBC optionese,Cochtrane,40manlappy
pls ooo I need clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you
einsteino:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 9:00am On Dec 19, 2017
Great People, Kindly advise!!!

For EE profile, can you quote/use a NOC CODE of a role you are not doing presently?
My11year career has 3 different NOC codes, meanwhile only 2NOC codes out of the 3 are eligible for FSW but my present job isn't the NOC Code am quoting. Is it acceptible?

Please respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 9:02am On Dec 19, 2017
caon:
pls concerning d ref letter,my JD fits NOC 1212 to d letter.in fact I only changed a few words n even added an extra job functn not included in d NOC.hope it won't pose a problem.since I only changed a few words to suit my specific line.CBC

I don't see a problem here. I assume that the letter would be issued by your employer, right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2017
Look at it again, does it look like you 'lifted' the role description from their website? If yes, you may have to re-word it. You may want to post it here for people to look at.

caon:
pls concerning d ref letter,my JD fits NOC 1212 to d letter.in fact I only changed a few words n even added an extra job functn not included in d NOC.hope it won't pose a problem.since I only changed a few words to suit my specific line.CBC optionese,Cochtrane,40manlappy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2017
kissoflife:

Thanks. please I need to extend my passport submission deadline. i just realised i need to renew my passport before submission. how do I go about it? I dont know who to send the email too and the format as well .

It is now possible to get your passport renewed in a week. My sister in law had hers done in a week. So u could inquire and explore that option in d state u reside.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 9:13am On Dec 19, 2017
Obi1conte:

It is now possible to get your passport renewed in a week. My sister in law had hers done in a week. So u could inquire and explore that option in d state u reside.

thank you, I will work on it right away, but still need to get extension to be safe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:16am On Dec 19, 2017
Can 25% of you guys' pension be up to N2.5m? Explore the possibility of using pension funds to complete it.

fantababy:
Hello people. I have been a silent follower since the early days of part 1 (2014). Well-done to everyone that has contributed to this thread. God bless you for all your effort

My hubby was not interested in relocating then suddenly this year August he said he wants a better life for me and the kids! I was over joyed and swung into action before he chances his mind cheesy

Part 3 will not pass me by in Jesus name. We have our IELTS and ECA, I am also sitting in the pool waiting for ITA (459).

My IELTS was a testimony! I had only 3 days of study using youtube because of work stress and I had 9,8,8,8 (First attempt) . I thought I was dreaming when I saw it. I had interference during my listening, my reading was confusing, my speaking I went off point. Yet God did it!

We are a family of 5, POF needed is 7.5m, as at October we had only 500k, infact hubby was refuaed a uk visa because of insufficient funds. Suddenly Nov 2nd, someone that was owing hubby since 2012 called and paid him 4million (The extra 1m he said was for interest)! POF is now 70% complete. Trusting God for the balance through sale of assets or gift deed from my dad. Every step has been God all the way!

My expectation shall not fall short in Jesus Name. I have always wanted a better life for myself and my family. This opportunity will not pass me by in Jesus Name! It will end in praise for me and for everyone who is trusting God.

If you desire this Canadian dream, do not relent, trust God through every step and it will come through for you.

I cannot wait to come back and testify for my PPR! Ground breaking speed will be my portion in Jesus name. I am in a job that I need to get out of immediately, God will come through for me!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:26am On Dec 19, 2017
Attagirl! God is with you all the way. It will end in praise.
fantababy:
Hello people. I have been a silent follower since the early days of part 1 (2014). Well-done to everyone that has contributed to this thread. God bless you for all your effort

My hubby was not interested in relocating then suddenly this year August he said he wants a better life for me and the kids! I was over joyed and swung into action before he chances his mind cheesy

Part 3 will not pass me by in Jesus name. We have our IELTS and ECA, I am also sitting in the pool waiting for ITA (459).

My IELTS was a testimony! I had only 3 days of study using youtube because of work stress and I had 9,8,8,8 (First attempt) . I thought I was dreaming when I saw it. I had interference during my listening, my reading was confusing, my speaking I went off point. Yet God did it!

We are a family of 5, POF needed is 7.5m, as at October we had only 500k, infact hubby was refuaed a uk visa because of insufficient funds. Suddenly Nov 2nd, someone that was owing hubby since 2012 called and paid him 4million (The extra 1m he said was for interest)! POF is now 70% complete. Trusting God for the balance through sale of assets or gift deed from my dad. Every step has been God all the way!

My expectation shall not fall short in Jesus Name. I have always wanted a better life for myself and my family. This opportunity will not pass me by in Jesus Name! It will end in praise for me and for everyone who is trusting God.

If you desire this Canadian dream, do not relent, trust God through every step and it will come through for you.

I cannot wait to come back and testify for my PPR! Ground breaking speed will be my portion in Jesus name. I am in a job that I need to get out of immediately, God will come through for me!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 9:28am On Dec 19, 2017
happytbaby:
Look at it again, does it look like you 'lifted' the role description from their website? If yes, you may have to re-word it. You may want to post is here for people to look at.

I work wit an insurance coy.d ffg r wat was written on d ref letter
1.resolve work related problems n preparatn of monthy n weekly reports.
2.examin n verify accuracy of work n authorise routine payments of claims
3.train subordinates on job duties
4.establish work schedules n procedures of d unit.
5.processing n verifying of documents for claims payment.
6.correspondences n perform any other duties as may from time to time b required.

n I c it matches NOC 1212 only DAT I am not a supervisor.pls wat do u tink.cc 40manlappy,optionese.ugoiyke79e.elfmann
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2017
If the words look too alike, consider re-wording it. You don't want to draw attention to your application. There are so many ways to change the wordings. Post what you have here if you want, so that we can help you reword.
caon:
pls ooo I need clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:31am On Dec 19, 2017
Lol. This is just copy and paste naa. Lemme post something and let others comment.

caon:
I work wit an insurance coy.d ffg r wat was written on d ref letter
1.resolve work related problems n preparatn of monthy n weekly reports.
2.examin n verify accuracy of work n authorise routine payments of claims
3.train subordinates on job duties
4.establish work schedules n procedures of d unit.
5.processing n verifying of documents for claims payment.
6.correspondences n perform any other duties as may from time to time b required.

n I c it matches NOC 1212 only DAT I am not a supervisor.pls wat do u tink.cc 40manlappy,optionese

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2017
40manlappy:

I don't see a problem here. I assume that the letter would be issued by your employer, right?
yea issued by my employer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2017
Newmum0615:
Lol. This is just copy and paste naa. Lemme post something and let others comment.

lol.OMG.I don't know wat to do now.my HR will not b willing to given another one.moreso it has bin 2months since it was given.could deer b any implication.I intend applying soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2017
fantababy:

Chai! See God o!!! Congratulations in advance. He will finish that which He started.

@kissoflife @deebay, congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 9:50am On Dec 19, 2017
If you know any senior official in Alausa, you can get it done in a week. Are u in Lagos?
I renewed my daughter on monday, we got it on fridsy afternoon.
[aquote author=kissoflife post=63415379]

thank you, I will work on it right away, but still need to get extension to be safe[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2017
Hmm. Try and see if you can get them to issue another one. You could tell them that they requested for a more recent one. This is what I cam up with though:

-Conduct reviews and validation of processed transactions and approve payments of claims
-Provide periodic reports on processed transactions as required to senior management and regulatory bodies
-Direct and supervise the functions of other claims officers in the unit and ensure adherence to the company’s policies
-Conduct training for officers on their job functions and policies for processing of claims.
-Oversee the activities of the claims unit to ensure efficiency and accuracy
-Handle correspondences and perform any other duties as required.
-Manage restocking of office inventories on a regular basis

Good luck

caon:
lol.OMG.I don't know wat to do now.my HR will not b willing to given another one.moreso it has bin 2months since it was given.could deer b any implication.I intend applying soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 10:17am On Dec 19, 2017
Newmum0615:
Hmm. Try and see if you can get them to issue another one. You could tell them that they requested for a more recent one. This is what I cam up with though:

-Conduct reviews and validation of processed transactions and approve payments of claims
-Provide periodic reports on processed transactions as required to senior management and regulatory bodies
-Direct and supervise the functions of other claims officers in the unit and ensure adherence to the company’s policies
-Conduct training for officers on their job functions and policies for processing of claims.

Good luck

this is good tank u so much but I am not a supervisor ooo n my HR won't agree to write supervisory role for mi.I tried once but dey disagreed statin DAT i am no supervisor
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:22am On Dec 19, 2017
Welldone Newmum0615

@Caon: That supervisor own na issue o

Newmum0615:

Good luck

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by boboro1: 10:24am On Dec 19, 2017
kissoflife:

1st ITA August 23 (Declined October 4th, POF not complete)

2nd ITA October 4 (Same day I declined initial ITA)

AOR Nov 22

NA 1 Nov 22

UCI & Med Passed December 6

IP1 December 7

NA2 December 8

ADR RPRF December 13

RPRF paid December 14

IP2 December 14

PPR December 19

• I used two accounts (savings and domicilliary).
• Two Gift deeds covering 85% of the funds

Thank you everyone for your positive contributions. Although I can’t list everyone but of special mention are the following;

40manlappy Kontagious GlitteringStar cochtrane ugoiyke79e Boss13 Abby2017 Canadianfly Helphgirl

Thank you all for your support.

Please help highlight the procedure for passport submission through DHL and where is the DHL office at Ikeja?
Congrats, if I may ask how many months did the gift deeds stay in your account and did you spend from it during the waiting period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.