Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1294098 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
fantababy:
Congrats dear. God be praised!

Please how did you use your spouse 25%?

What documents did you submit.

Thank you.

Thanks everyone. It's still like a dream to me. I learned a lot here and will be very happy to give back.

I submitted 6 months pension statement of my spouse and a letter from the Pension body stating the 25% can be withdrawn etc.
Search the thread for yimiton. He/she made elaborate post on this. I got my insight from there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2017
Yes, it can improve your score. My wife's IELTS gave me a score of 10 meanwhile she scored LSRW 5.5,7.5,5.5,6.5.

Even as low as 2 points can make you stay in the pool for months so every achievable points count.
Sometimes early this year, CRS cutoff went as low as 435 and it has not gone down low till date only getting higher so you can imagine someone who had 434 since like April will still be in the pool for a year meanwhile the 435 is on the plane to canada already.

Also do Credential evaluation for her. Get all maximum points achievable.

Muslimity:
@Kunmi and others: Please I wish to know if whatever my spouse score in IELTS test will still give me atleast 5 points. This is what I was told and I just want to confirm if my spouse 's inability to score the almighty LSRW8777 is an issue to worry about or not. What of if she doesn't even write the IElts test at all? Please, help with the fact.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Popsumfin: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you. I have ordered for the gcms notes. Only that i am just anxious and cant wait. Amen to your prayer.

threadstone:

Hi bros,
You wont be able to get an accurate reason why you are in ip1 without ordering your gcms notes. Your profile is still fine for now. In this journey, the race is swift for some while it takes a while for others, keep your fingers crosses. May good tidings fall on us all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
Educational

Bambam4you:
Please if you used ACCA to claim points for 2 or more degrees, when applying post ITA did you put ACCA under Education or you put it under Professional qualification. I believe it should be under Education since WES evaluated it as equivalent to 3 years BSc degree but i need clarity.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
If poSsible, why dont you withdraw the 25% and add it to your funds. Those immigration officers are detailed & rarely deal with hoped figures. The thought is that if it is withdrawable, why then did you not withdraw it for this purpose.

I actually read something similar to this on another online forum

Deebay:

Thanks everyone. It's still like a dream to me. I learned a lot here and will be very happy to give back.

I submitted 6 months pension statement of my spouse and a letter from the Pension body stating the 25% can be withdrawn etc.
Search the thread for yimiton. He/she made elaborate post on this. I got my insight from there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Popsumfin: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you. I have ordered for gcms notes. I have also tried calling CIC a couple of times without speaking with any agent. I will keep trying though. What's making me worried is that they are checking eligibility again as i am not sure this is the normal process or same for everyone.

optionese:

Order gcsm notes. I posted the various sites 3 pages back. Also try your luck to call CIC if it connects to an agent you will spend minimum of 1hour on the phone. Use Glo network 1000 will give you 100 hours of international voice calls. So you can try everyday till you get through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emerson500: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Can someone help respond to this please?

Emerson500:
Hey guys, please when asked for course end date while completing the express entry profile, do I use the graduation date on my certificate or my course end date? Was thinking it should be the date on my certificate but I worked full time after my course end date but before graduation. I don't want to have conflicting info when filling the post-ITA application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
kunmi5:
If poSsible, why dont you withdraw the 25% and add it to your funds. Those immigration officers are detailed & rarely deal with hoped figures. The thought is that if it is withdrawable, why then did you not withdraw it for this purpose.

I actually read something similar to this on another online forum

If you attach a copy of the PRA 2014 to the letter you will realise that the money is available to you only 4Months after you are disengaged from your employment and this is also stated in the letter so you cant withdraw it immediately since you are still working. I bet CIC understands this, that you will have to disengage from your employment when you are travelling consequent of which the money becomes available and they probably decided to allow it since CIC often advise applicants not to resign until the PR is approved.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
elfmann:

I hope u have sth to show at d POE.

Yes I do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
Emerson500:
Can someone help respond to this please?

The date on the certificate is the date you completed the course. Course completion date is not evidenced i presume.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kissoflife: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
elfmann:

It is gonna be different, buddy. They may reference d old one number on d new passport if it is applicable.

So do I need to raise another CSE after getting the new passport? or I send both passports and attach an LOE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Junnaid: 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good day, Please i've asked before but wasn't responded to by anybody.
Please house, how can I pay for WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emerson500: 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
Okay, that makes sense. The course completion date is just on my offer letter, but ain't using it for anything. I'll just stick with the one on my certificate. Thanks alot.
4Barr:

The date on the certificate is the date you completed the course. Course completion date is not evidenced i presume.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emerson500: 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
You can pay using your debit card. Just choose the pay with credit card option and put your debit card details instead.
Junnaid:
Good day, Please i've asked before but wasn't responded to by anybody.
Please house, how can I pay for WES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by papi7: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Congratulations @Deebay & @Kissoflife. So pumped for you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fred900(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello All,

please, my passport will be expiring in March 2018, and i intend to enter the pool around February 2018. is it advisable i apply with a passport that is about to expire or should i renew it first and then enter the pool ?

thanks house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by winter(f): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hello house. Please can any1 suggest a good photo studio in Benin city 4 express entry passport photo. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you for this info. Am not yet married but i can get someone to do IELTs and do evaluation for her as well to increase my score. My question is what do they use to ascertain whether you're truly married or not ( to make sure this does not come back to bite me later on)

kunmi5:
Yes, it can improve your score. My wife's IELTS gave me a score of 10 meanwhile she scored LSRW 5.5,7.5,5.5,6.5.

Even as low as 2 points can make you stay in the pool for months so every achievable points count.
Sometimes early this year, CRS cutoff went as low as 435 and it has not gone down low till date only getting higher so you can imagine someone who had 434 since like April will still be in the pool for a year meanwhile the 435 is on the plane to canada already.

Also do Credential evaluation for her. Get all maximum points achievable.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Uncle Solomon, if you are not married, you are not married. If you think your CRS may not meet the cut -off anytime soon, you may want to explore Provincial Nomination . It will surely bite you.

solomonsny:
Thank you for this info. Am not yet married but i can get someone to do IELTs and do evaluation for her as well to increase my score. My question is what do they use to ascertain whether you're truly married or not ( to make sure this does not come back to bite me later on)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Pamperme: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
solomonsny:

E gba mi o. I am not understanding o...... shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
Congrats to all those who got the golden mail...please i am a bit confused about my NOC.. I wanted to choose NOC 1111 ( Accountant and Auditors) however i am not chartered ,i dont have any accounting designation, i am working as an accountant with my MBA...
On the other hand if i choose NOC 1311( Accounting technician and bookkeeper) Wont that be too unskilled? Since what is needed is only a college degree .. Please kindly advise
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Blackbuddy: 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
solomonsny:

Hello, what I think you're proposing is misrepresentation and fraud. It's not worth it, instead pursue provincial nomination to increase your chances of landing PR.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 2:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
If it will make you feel more comfortable, go for 1311, after-all, it is eligible for Express Entry. What you studied usually does not matter, just prove that you performed the tasks.

Loffloff:
Congrats to all those who got the golden mail...please i am a bit confused about my NOC.. I wanted to choose NOC 1111 ( Accountant and Auditors) however i am not chartered ,i dont have any accounting designation, i am working as an accountant with my MBA...
On the other hand if i choose NOC 1311( Accounting technician and bookkeeper) Wont that be too unskilled? Since what is needed is only a college degree .. Please kindly advise
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you for the reply. But i hope it doesn't come to me needing a PNP. Let's pray the cutoffs points continue to go down in 2018. the 2017 average wasn't very bad.

happytbaby:
Uncle Solomon, if you are not married, you are not married. If you think your CRS may not meet the cut -off anytime soon, you may want to explore Provincial Nomination . It will surely bite you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bambam4you: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
Thank you.

happytbaby:
Educational

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
pls house pls hope dollar MasterCard can b used for d payment d application fee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Junnaid: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Emerson500:
You can pay using your debit card. Just choose the pay with credit card option and put your debit card details instead.
Thanks, I will try it now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
lilyandie:

You can get a new passport in two days for 35k, that's how much my sister paid. If you are interested, I can give you the number of my contact at Ikoyi, my office uses him for all passport stuff.

Congrats!!!
ARCHIVD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hi Solomon, its not worth taking that risk. Infact, the CRS point system is structured in a way that if favours young, single unmarried individuals than married people. Check your likely CRS score online.

Dont also forget that yout Proof of funds also increases with marriage.

For marriage confirmation, a marriage certificate, newspaper publication for females, your application becomes stronger when her passport is in your name.

solomonsny:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kunmi5: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
Yes, CIC advises applicants not to resign until when residency application is confirmed.

It is also clearly stated by CIC on their website that funds not readily available or liquidated as at the time of providing your proof of funds cannot count, infact they even went ahead to advise if you can sell a land, car or property but using a land document or 10 cars or any document & giving a timeline for the availability of the fund is not accepted except they change the rule tomorrow.
The word unencumbered funds was used for it meaning readily available, not slowed down, free from mortgage or any limitation of the law.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Lets be guided accordingly so we dont slow our application process. Its not about what we feel or think or feel they think, it about the stated rule.

4Barr:

If you attach a copy of the PRA 2014 to the letter you will realise that the money is available to you only 4Months after you are disengaged from your employment and this is also stated in the letter so you cant withdraw it immediately since you are still working. I bet CIC understands this, that you will have to disengage from your employment when you are travelling consequent of which the money becomes available and they probably decided to allow it since CIC often advise applicants not to resign until the PR is approved.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ladon7: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
Good afternoon, plz which address can a bank reference letter be addressed to. Urgent pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by keni: 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
kunmi5:
Yes, CIC advises applicants not to resign until when residency application is confirmed.

It is also clearly stated by CIC on their website that funds not readily available as at the time of providing your proof of funds cannot count, infact they even went ahead to advise if you can sell a land, car or property but using a land document or 10 cars or any document & giving a timeline for the availability of the fund is not accepted except they change the rule tomorrow.
The word unencumbered funds was used for it meaning readily available, not slowed down, free from mortgage or any limitation of the law.

Lets be guided accordingly so we dont slow our application process

But they still accept that encumbered 25% pension. As you can see, people are using it and PPR is falling on them grin grin.
This issue was extensively thrashed in the earlier days of part 2 of this thread.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: Benng789

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.