Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? (671 Views)

"Does Buhari Have A Covenant With Death?" - Femi Fani-Kayode Asks / 4-year-old Daughter Of White Nigerian Does Buhari 4+4 Sign / Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by Jtownonline: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2017
SOURCE: https://jtownonline..com.ng/2017/12/does-buhari-deserve-second-term.html#more

It is said that one good turn deserves another. Does President Muhammadu Buhari deserve a second term in office? Has he performed well to deserve another term?
These questions have palpitated in my head effectuating mixed feelings. The reason is that President Buhari if weighed on the scale of some expected deliverable such as security (fighting insurgency specifically) and combating corruption; I would say he has performed five points above average. But if examined on the slab of economy, health, policy, national cohesion, impartiality, rule of law and fairness, I would say he has flunked the essential test of governance.

Initially, I was one of those who rationalised every of Buhari’s administrative faux-pas, but I had to let my conscience find rest. Buhari has disappointed many of his non-fanatical admirers and supporters. He has disappointed me.
President Buhari and his party – the All Progressives Congress – made appetising promises to Nigerians in the build-up to the 2015 presidential election, but none has been fulfilled. I stand to be challenged on this.
I do not want to sound malevolent in this article, but the Buhari government infected a relatively healthy economy with policy-epilepsy. That said; let me briefly examine just four of Buhari’s 2015 campaign promises.
On health, Buhari promised to “ensure that no Nigerian will have a reason to go outside of the country for medical treatment”.
Has this promised been fulfilled? Are there signs that it will be fulfilled in the next one year in the life of this administration?
On employment, the president promised to “target the creation of three million new jobs a year through industrialisation, public work and agricultural expansion”.
Sadly, instead creating three million jobs, the Buhari government has thrown six million Nigerians into the job market.
On housing, the president promised to “create a mortgage market by reforming land ownership to give ordinary Nigerians easy access to title deeds”. This has not been achieved.
On electricity, it was promised that “the APC government shall vigorously pursue the expansion of electricity generation and distribution of up to 40,000 MW in 4 to 8 years”. Nigeria’s electricity generation currently oscillates between 2,500 MW and 3,500 MW.
I have chosen to state just four seducing and lofty promises the president and his party made during the 2015 presidential election campaign.
So, the question is, does Buhari deserve a second term in office? I cannot answer this question for Nigerians, but I have my answer.
Twitter: FredrickNwabufo, Facebook: Fredrick Nwabufo

1 Share

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by SalamRushdie: 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
Never ..Anybody that dares campaign for him or votes him will perish in hell

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by madridguy(m): 6:43pm On Dec 04, 2017
Sai Baba till 2023.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by yarimo(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2017
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES sai baba BUHARI til 2023 criminals minded ones beware
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by PMPhoenix(m): 6:45pm On Dec 04, 2017
You forgot 'I will make one naira equal to one dollar'.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by emmie14: 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2017
"I would say he has performed five points above average. But if examined on the slab of economy, health, policy, national cohesion, impartiality, rule of law and fairness, I would say he has flunked the essential test of governance" administration is centred in leadership and good governance. Buhari failed. He murdered governance and fairness and shall lead no more.

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by marsoden: 7:03pm On Dec 04, 2017
madridguy:
Sai Baba till 2023.

yarimo:
YES
YES
YES
YES

Make God lead your lives the way Buhari is leading this country.

3 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by madridguy(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2017
May God permit your enemies to loot your destiny same way GEJ looted Nigeria, Ameen.

marsoden:

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by marsoden: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2017
madridguy:
May God permit your enemies to loot your destiny same way GEJ looted Nigeria, Ameen.

Nobody is discussing GEJ here. The discussion is about Buhari. Also, don't think that everybody that doesn't support Buhari supports GEJ. Try and reason well.

3 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by madridguy(m): 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2017
I've prayed for you and so shall it be.

marsoden:

Nobody is discussing GEJ here. The discussion is about Buhari. Also, don't think that everybody that doesn't support Buhari supports GEJ. Try and reason well.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by Adminisher: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2017
YESSSSS

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by SalamRushdie: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2017
yarimo:
YES
YES
YES
YES

Dont worry we know its ur BMC stipend thats talking not you ..Oya dont forget to buy kerosine for ya lamp at home becuse there wont be electricity
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by SalamRushdie: 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2017
Adminisher:
YESSSSS

You opinion doesnt count on this thread because you are being paid to comment , leave the thread for independent men that feed people and pay bills to talk jare

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by LudaChriz(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2017
yarimo:
YES
YES
YES
YES

Nice job u are doing here

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by yarimo(m): 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2017
marsoden:

AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN in Jesus name
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by yarimo(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2017
LudaChriz:

Nice job u are doing here
I have constitutionally freedom of speech and expression and Right of choice . BUHARI til 2023 BUHARI til 2023 BUHARI til 2023 BUHARI til 2023
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? by yarimo(m): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Dont worry we know its ur BMC stipend thats talking not you ..Oya dont forget to buy kerosine for ya lamp at home becuse there wont be electricity
what or who is BMC? Here in nairaland we don't know it tongue

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Gunmen Attack On Adamawa Communities (pic) / APC Is A Gathering Of Power Hungry Folk ,not A Party – Uche Secondus / Buharo The Most Intelligent President In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.