Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter (1759 Views)

"Does Buhari Have A Covenant With Death?" - Femi Fani-Kayode Asks / 4-year-old Daughter Of White Nigerian Does Buhari 4+4 Sign / Sowore Reacts To MFM Libel Suit Against Him And Sahara Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by SouthEastFacts: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2017
President Buhari, if weighed on the scale of some expected deliverables such as securit (specifically, fighting insurgency) and combating corruption, has performed five points above average. But if examined on the slab of economy, health, policy, national cohesion, impartiality, rule of law and fairness, I would say he has flunked the essential test of governance.

It is said that one good turn deserves another. Does President Muhammadu Buhari deserve a second term in office? Has he performed well to deserve another term?

These questions have palpitated in my head effectuating mixed feelings. The reason is that President Buhari, if weighed on the scale of some expected deliverables such as security (specifically, fighting insurgency) and combating corruption, has performed five points above average. But if examined on the slab of economy, health, policy, national cohesion, impartiality, rule of law and fairness, I would say he has flunked the essential test of governance.

Initially, I was one of those who rationalized every of Buhari’s administrative faux-pas, but I had to let my conscience find rest. Buhari has disappointed many of his non-fanatical admirers and supporters. He has disappointed me.

President Buhari and his party – the All Progressives Congress – made appetizing promises to Nigerians in the build-up to the 2015 presidential election, but none has been fulfilled. I stand to be challenged on this.

I do not want to sound malevolent in this article, but the Buhari government infected a relatively healthy economy with policy-epilepsy. That said, let me briefly examine just four of Buhari’s 2015 campaign promises.

On health, Buhari promised to “ensure that no Nigerian will have a reason to go outside of the country for medical treatment."

Has this promised been fulfilled? Are there signs that it will be fulfilled in the next one year in the life of this administration?

On employment, the president promised to “target the creation of three million new jobs a year through industrialization, public work and agricultural expansion.”

Sadly, instead creating three million jobs, the Buhari government has thrown six million Nigerians into the job market.

On housing, the president promised to “create a mortgage market by reforming land ownership to give ordinary Nigerians easy access to title deeds.” This has not been achieved.

On electricity, it was promised that “the APC government shall vigorously pursue the expansion of electricity generation and distribution of up to 40,000 MW in 4 to 8 years.” Nigeria’s electricity generation currently oscillates between 2,500 MW and 3,500 MW.

I have chosen to state just four seducing and lofty promises the president and his party made during the 2015 presidential election campaign.

So, the question is, does Buhari deserve a second term in office? I cannot answer this question for Nigerians, but I have my answer.

I would welcome a debate on this piece.

Fredrick is a journalist. You can follow him on Twitter @FredrickNwabufo.

www.saharareporters.com/2017/12/03/does-buhari-deserve-second-term-fredrick-nwabufo
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by mightyhazel: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2017
he doesnt even deserve one full term. if it were possible for him to be booted out dis year,.. am sure it will be appreciated by majority of Nigerians.

13 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Mobuoy19: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2017
Mr Buhari. doesn't deserve another term but sadly, there's an Atiku looming and again Nigerians might just be fixed with this same crop of self serving megalomaniacs.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by SalamRushdie: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2017
He deserves a second disgraceful ouster from power again and this time it wont be babangida but the Nigerian people sending him away

12 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by agwom(m): 7:23am On Dec 05, 2017
hmmm
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by NothingDoMe: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2017
No he doesn't. His govt is deliberately sabotaging chrismas by introducing fuel scarcity via price increase.

7 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by python1: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2017
My prayers is just for PDP to field Atichukwu and see what will happen in adamawa, not even Nigeria as a whole. grin. All these noise making losers whose massive votes can't even retain a sitting president just dey make me laugh. grin grin
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by izzou(m): 7:26am On Dec 05, 2017
Buhari doesn't deserve it

Neither does Atiku.

But for us to grow in wisdom,I'll want Buhari to rule again so by '23, zombies would have realised the years they wasted in gullibility

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by NothingDoMe: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2017
python1:
My prayers is just for PDP to field Atichukwu what will happen in adamawa, not even Nigeria as a whole. grin. All these noise making losers whose massive votes can't even retain a sitting president just dey make me laugh. grin grin
Noise maker. Even you dodge the question.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by mightyhazel: 7:27am On Dec 05, 2017
python1:
My prayers is just for PDP to field Atichukwu what will happen in adamawa, not even Nigeria as a whole. grin. All these noise making losers whose massive votes can't even retain a sitting president just dey make me laugh. grin grin
so u rather pass out with this stiffling regime adamu. why are some ppl ds daft
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 05, 2017
Deserve what? If Nigeria has run out of presidential candidates, we can call on Mugabe to hold the post. He's available and definitely better than Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by tuniski: 7:29am On Dec 05, 2017
mightyhazel:
so u rather pass out with this stiffling regime adamu. why are some ppl ds daft
Supporting buhari has eaten up their brains!

3 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by orion7: 7:31am On Dec 05, 2017
python1:
later you will say you're fasting. this tribal bigot

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by python1: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Noise maker. Even you dodge the question.
Which question when Nigerians themselves will decide? If na for nairaland election dey hold, goatluck would have still been in aso rock flexing frog Alison madueke. grin
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by NothingDoMe: 7:34am On Dec 05, 2017
python1:

Which question when Nigerians themselves will decide? If na for nairaland election dey hold, goatluck would have still been in aso rock flexing frog Alison madueke. grin
Then wetin you find come here? Everyday you dey here. Always present.

Allow us hold election for Nairaland you nor gree.

4 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by python1: 7:36am On Dec 05, 2017
[s]
NothingDoMe:
Then wetin you find come here? Everyday you dey here. Always present.

Allow us hold election for Nairaland you nor gree.
[/s]

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Samunique(m): 7:36am On Dec 05, 2017
Capital NO !
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by NothingDoMe: 7:40am On Dec 05, 2017
python1:
Trash
How dey roll when dey run out of points.

2 Likes

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by sinistermind(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2017
How did he pass in the area of corruption except for media hullaballoo about the fight against corruption. In my opinion neither him nor Atiku deserves that seat in 2019. It's high time Nigerians as a whole give a new breed of politicians a chance.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Ikem11(m): 7:42am On Dec 05, 2017
I will say my opinion when 2019 reach
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Paperwhite(m): 7:50am On Dec 05, 2017
Buhari is a plague that should be utterly avoided by all reasonable Nigerians.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Nbote(m): 7:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by ivandragon: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2017
lol...
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by shallysgirl: 8:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Mobuoy19:
Mr Buhari. doesn't deserve another term but sadly, there's an Atiku looming and again Nigerians might just be fixed with this same crop of self serving megalomaniacs.
Nothing like that. ATIKU WE KNOW #ATIKULATE
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by Bede2u(m): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2017
Very simple promises that Buhari made during campaign, he cant even keep.

He promised to restart the Nigerian Airways with some presidential gets.

He promised to create 950k jobs every year for four years.

He promised to end corruption before it ends Nigeria, meanwhile no body in jail yet.

Buhari failed and only ethnic and parochal considerations will bring him back in 2019.... Nigeria loses cos if he gets re-elected, the real vendatta will start against Igbos and other Nigerians who he hates.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by princechurchill(m): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2017
If the madam in chief of other room rejected her husband who am I..

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by dodelight(m): 8:12am On Dec 05, 2017
What he deserves is to be shamed out of power with our votes.
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by shallysgirl: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2017
izzou:

Neither does Atiku.

But for us to grow in wisdom,I'll want Buhari to rule again so by '23, zombies would have realised the years they wasted in gullibility
zombies have learnt their lessons except but for a few. Now, we must move forward and Atikulate smiley
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by beejaay: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2017
izzou:

Neither does Atiku.

I seriously support you on this!!!as much as PMB is the GCFR(grand commander of failure perfectionist),I will want him to win so fools around me here will grow brain like I did in after 2011
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by adadike281(f): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
Deserve what? If Nigeria has run out of presidential candidates, we can call on Mugabe to hold the post. He's available and definitely better than Buhari.
u just made me laugh with this.

1 Like

Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by abimbolayekeen: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2017
He failed woefully , no another term for him .
Re: Does Buhari Deserve A Second Term? Sahara Reporter by rajiraymond(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Yes he does, in a straight forward answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Was Offered Oil Well, Billions Of Dollars To Destroy ADC, Says Chairman Of Oba / House Of Reps Aspirant, Chima Anyaso Attends Eid Prayers With Muslims(Photos) / Tambuwal LG Sokoto State Rejects Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal. Sweeps Him Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.