Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,900 members, 7,844,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! (1573 Views)

Things That Happen When You're Broke / How can I stop being broke in 2020? / What's The One Thing You Still Manage To Buy When You're Broke? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by incometeacher: 1:23am On Dec 06, 2017
Greetings to everybody.

Some of you might find the title of this post annoying, but I actually don't give a rat's a##. Let's face the truth and create solutions to our problems.

According to Sahara Reporters, 45% of Nigeria's Graduates are unemployed. Business Dictionary defined Unemployed as Person of employment age (generally 16 to 55 years) who does not have a paying job but is available for work and is actively seeking a job. How would 45% graduates in Nigeria be looking for a paying job? Why can't at least 5% create their own businesses and create job opportunities instead of seeking a paid job?

A job is a paid position of regular employment while a business is an organization or economic system where goods and services are exchanged for one another or for money. 45% graduates are waiting for a business to hire them, that is embarrassing and means your degree was just for decoration. {Imagine 4 years tuition fees and time wasted because of strike} Isorite..

China is a country with 1.379 billion citizens and other foreigners, you and I know that no matter how people say "This is thing is chinco" most products in your house were made in China, from you Air conditioners, TV, Phone, etc. There are students graduating from universities yearly but yet they don't have the youths complaining of Unemployment like we have happening in Nigeria that has 186+ Citizens.

China is blessed with normal people who are business savvy and seize opportunities and solve problems with their products and services, that's why they are a popular demand worldwide. Most big companies like General Motors, iPhone and many more manufacture their products in China.

My country Nigeria is also blessed with individuals who are more business savvy than Chinese people, I know that for sure. But we have limited our talent and skill and have become satisfied with sitting in an office working for another person.

China manufactures more than she consumes that is why she is where she is today. China shipped US$2.119 trillion worth of goods around the globe in 2016, up by 76.3% since 2009 when the Great Recession kicked in but down by -7.1% from 2015 to 2016
China’s top 10 exports accounted for about two-thirds (67.6%) of the overall value of its global shipments.

Based on statistics from the International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook Database, China’s total Gross Domestic Product amounted to $21.3 trillion as of October 2016. Therefore, exports accounted for about 10% of total Chinese economic output.

From a continental perspective, 49.8% of Chinese exports by value are delivered to other Asian countries while 21.2% are sold to North American importers. China ships another 18.5% worth to clients in Europe with 4.4% arriving in Africa.

Given China’s population of 1.374 billion people, its total $2.119 trillion in 2016 exports translates to roughly $1,500 for every resident in that country.

China’s unemployment rate was 4.02% as of December 2016 down from 4.05% one year earlier, according to Trading Economics.

Are you surprised or asking how did they do it? The answer is "They found problems and used their resources to create solutions in form of products" They don't have crude-oil but they are more developed than many oil rich countries in terms of Economy and GDP.

[p style="font-family:candara; font-color:red"]This is a list of China's top 10 export products
Electrical machinery, equipment: US$557.1 billion (26.3% of total exports)
Machinery including computers: $344.8 billion (16.3%)
Furniture, bedding, lighting , signs, prefab buildings: $89.5 billion (4.2%)
Knit or crochet clothing, accessories: $75 billion (3.5%)
Clothing, accessories (not knit or crochet): $72.8 billion (3.4%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $67.9 billion (3.2%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $64 billion (3%)
Vehicles: $60.4 billion (2.9%)
Articles of iron or steel: $53.1 billion (2.5%)
Footwear: $47.8 billion (2.3%)
[/p]

Before you start saying "Our Government is not supportive", I have few questions to ask you.
Must the Government provide laptop, internet connection and coding skill before you can develop the second Facebook or SnapChat?
Must the Government provide wood for you to make furniture?
Must the Government provide clothing material in yards before you can sew clothes or knit?
Must the Government provide rubber before you can make footwear's and tyre's?

Our Government is doing what they can do and yes corruption has eaten deep down into our Country but when we leverage our skill and experience and start spotting problems and start creating solutions.

Another thing killing us internally is [big]Pride[/big], many of us feel because we have a degree; we shouldn't engage in some business activities like selling. When money moves around in a country, things are better. Money does not move around instead everybody is securing their cash and limiting their leisure. China money moves around, an ordinary meat seller can have money a PhD holder doesn't even have in his account. I am not saying money is the most important thing, in this world we live in money solves many problems but the best things in life are free (happiness, love, and all of that). Problems may arise at anytime so ensure you're prepared to handle it.

I am an information marketer, I legally print money by using my laptop and internet connection. If yahoo boys knew opportunities the internet they wouldn't be wasting their time on Yahoo. Believe me!! I have solutions to peoples problems, and they are willing to pay to get their problem solved. Did you know that there are more obese US adults than those who are just overweight? According to a study in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), in 2008, the obesity rate among adult Americans was estimated at 32.2% for men and 35.5% for women; these rates were roughly confirmed by the CDC again for 2009–2010. Many of them come on the internet seeking exercises and medicines that can solve their problems and are willing to pay you if you have a product or service that will help them achieve their weight loss goal. People make over $10k a day selling stuffs online, not SCAMS. Real life money generation. Nowadays people trade bitcoins online.
The internet has also contributed to the financial growth of many people.

My point here is make use of the available resource before the bigger one comes by. Start creating products and services and start selling. Note: Don't create unauthentic products that your buyers won't be happy with just because you're desperate for the money.

Well my advice to y'all is "start creating products and services to sell".. Want to learn how to start an information marketing business? You can leave a message and not your email. It's not a good idea to share your private email to the public.

God bless Nigeria and God bless Nigerians. Despite ethnicity we are still one, and we can bring up great ideas when we combine ideas together. Have a nice week.

1 Like

Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by Xsem(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2017
Print my own money? Is like your brain is paining you. And I am going to buy your e-book for 3500 Abi? You be o. L. O. S. H. I.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by incometeacher: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Xsem:
Print my own money? Is like your brain is paining you. And I am going to buy your e-book for 3500 Abi? You be o. L. O. S. H. I.
Don't be stupid my friend! Print your own money is a metaphor. When people say time is money, it is same as printing your own money.

This type of business is capable of generating cash in minutes, hours and days, mint is printed in minutes, hours and days too and it is what most people like. Who doesn't like money? We all got bills to pay my friend so think before you type shit on my post stupid...
Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by jpride(m): 5:56am On Dec 20, 2017
SCAM
Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by incometeacher: 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
God bless you
jpride:
SCAM
Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by Thatcutebayelsa(m): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pls add me, let's talk
Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by iraborosasu: 11:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
Interested... Want to learn
Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by karlboss: 12:34am On Dec 21, 2017
Print your own money legally words of Robert kiyosaki. Teach us bro
Re: If You're Broke in Nigeria It's Your Fault, See Why! by pato243: 4:32am On Dec 21, 2017
My point here is make use of the available resource before the bigger one comes by. Start creating products and services and start selling. Note: Don't create unauthentic products that your buyers won't be happy with just because you're desperate for the money.

Well my advice to y'all is "start creating products and services to sell".. Want to learn how to start an information marketing business? You can leave a message and not your email.
pato243:

Well my advice to y'all is "start creating products and services to sell".. Want to learn how to start an information marketing business? You can leave a message and not your email. It's not a good idea to share your private email to the public.

God bless you OP. I wish many unemployed and even employed Nigerians could see the truth and reality in your post. Thank you
I thank God last year when one of my friends showed me the stuff at www.entrepreneurialjunction..com Since then ,i have bidded bye bye to lack and unemployment.
It's n
pato243:

God bless you OP. I wish many unemployed and even employed Nigerians could see the truth and reality in your post. Thank you
I thank God last year when one of my friends showed me the stuff at www.entrepreneurialjunction..com Since then ,i have bidded bye bye to lack and unemployment.
ot a good idea to share your private email to the public.

(1) (Reply)

US Fiverr Account For Sale / Importing Wines From South Africa, I Need Wholesalers/distributors, I Need Help! / Please Is There Any Local Business I Can Invest 1m. That Can Return 50k Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.