Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos (51008 Views)

Moment A Parked All-electric Tesla Model S Car Exploded In A Garage / Alex Ephraims & His Locally Made Combatant Vehicle Spotted In Imo / Specially Constructed Vehicle Spotted In Benue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 1:29am On Dec 08, 2017
elshanAutos:
Summary- this is an award winning all electric vehicle, spotted in ojodu Lagos today. By all electric I mean the car uses only battery, not even hybrid. You charge it like your phone. Was quite excited to see this in Lagos. Has anyone seen something similar ? Please share!

Either way the owner will still buy fuel for the generator to charge it. Buy a car that uses fuel and bypass the stress.

/

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 1:38am On Dec 08, 2017
elshanAutos:
Summary- this is an award winning all electric vehicle, spotted in ojodu Lagos today. By all electric I mean the car uses only battery, not even hybrid. You charge it like your phone. Was quite excited to see this in Lagos. Has anyone seen something similar ? Please share!
Nigerians! shocked Charge the car, with which power nah? Abi, no be di same DISCOs wey dey give us epileptic electricity dem go take charge the car battery? And do you know how much it costs to replace the battery of that car? And if he uses generator, the fuel cost no be small thing, o!

InvertedHammer:
Either way the owner will still buy fuel for the generator to charge it. Buy a car that uses fuel and bypass the stress./
Thank you! cheesy Even an LPG powered car would still save you stress. And if there is any electrical fault in this car, our local electricians or rewires could end up short-circuiting its life span!

Lovetinz:
Elshanautos, thanks for posting,. Can I add some Wikipedia data of the car to your post?
In a few years time, electric cars will become more visible on our streets.
Which power supply are you going to use to charge such cars? The epileptic one supplied by the DISCOs, or the one from your diesel generator? Get ready to spend more money, o! shocked

MobilityExpress:
I’m not trying to discourage you or anything like that. EV cars are great and in fact the future of automobiles. But the Nigerian society is not ready for such technology now. There is normal wear and tear associated with car usage, not just a matter of charging battery. Take a look around for half-EV cars (aka hybrids). How many hybrid cars last in Nigeria? Once the technicians start touching it for one issue or another, that’s the beginning of the end. How many used hybrid cars hold value in terms of re-sale in Nigeria? Very few. If that is the case with hybrids (half-EV), how much more a full EV car. But like I said, it’s a matter of choice and affordability. If you like it and don’t mind its maintenance costs, then by all means go ahead. You will no doubt enjoy it when it’s working fine. When i’m very rich too, I will definitely love to buy EV cars.
God bless you for educating the clueless, my brother. cool We like putting the cart before the horse in this country. Even the replacement cost of such batteries, is rather prohibitive.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 1:52am On Dec 08, 2017
eGarage:
You have some very good valid points. However, there are certain things missed out.

You do not need a Lube shop any longer as you don't need to replace engine Oil.
Maintenence cost is much cheaper than the gas engine and despite the fact we have power issues in nigeria, it still makes sense.

Lemme make some highlights
1. Cost savings on Oil Change
2. Cost savings on brake pads as they use regenerative pads that can last over 500,000 miles
3. Cost savings on fuel. You can install a solar panel and charge for FREE.
4. No fuel pump service/replacement, No Plugs or Nozzle Service.

If you look at all thessential and compare notes, you would see that maintenance is lower compared to a gas/diesel engine.

And the replacement cost of the battery wipes out whatever maintenance savings you might have made, in the previous months. sad Also the number of mechanics or trained technicians with some little knowledge about EV cars, are still too few on ground, and are restricted to a few big cities. Their labour costs and professional services do not come cheap, too!! shocked And how would the faulty batteries be disposed of? That is another issue altogether, that holds a potential for creating toxic waste.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 2:16am On Dec 08, 2017
Allwility:
OP stop deceiving people. Electric cars are not economically feasible compared to I.C.E cars.
The cost of those electric cars you gave comes with subsidies from the Western governments. Besides the cost of producing the batteries for electric cars is rising and will continue to rise if we all switched to electric cars. Why is that?? Simply because the elements (Lithium, cobalt and some other elements) used in making them are rare.

Cost of lithium per tonne: $7000
Cost of cobalt per tonne $66,000

Cobalt was $40,000 as at February 2017. These costs will keep rising if we all switched to electric cars. That's the reason why the Chinese govt had to reduce its subsidy on electric cars.
Also if we all plugged our cars to charge overnight, how will we handle the resulting overload?

And finally electric cars are not really green. Check out pictures of lithium mines...not a sight to behold. Besides dead batteries would be a major source of pollution to the environment.

May God bless you one million times on Sundays, for making this post! cheesy You just nailed it!! cool

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 3:55am On Dec 08, 2017
| 5 Reasons Electric Cars Won’t Sell Well In Nigeria |

There are certain reasons why a typical Nigerian won’t fancy electric vehicles. They are:

1. The Range Anxiety:
For electric cars, you don’t just walk into your cars to drive; you need to do some calculations to know where and where you can go with the charges. After facing calculation wahala in school, you’ll still have to do some calculations before you leave your house…that’s weird.
A typical Nigerian man is not ready to be doing this. It will be a turn-off.

2. No sharp sharp refill:
If you drive the conventional combustion engine and you’re running low on fuel, you just enter any gas station closeby and fill up. This won’t take much time (Except you dey queue for NNPC to buy cheaper).

The case is totally different for EVs. It takes time to charge. It takes up to 4-6 hours or more to get them fully charged. 15 minutes of charging will just add few miles to the energy bank. That’s sad.
A typical Nigerian man loves sharp sharp things.

3. Charging the EVs:
This will be a very big problem for Nigerians. All EVs need power to charge them and Nigeria as a country is already facing power issues.
Introducing electric vehicles will bring in more problems. EVs are not suitable for places having power shortage; Nigeria is not an exception.

4. They are relatively expensive:
This one na money matter. Take out your time to check the prices of these EVs’ and you’ll see that they are on the high side. The more affordable ones fall under $30,000 to $40,000 price range, while the luxury models creep into $80,000 and above.
In Naira, we are talking of N10 million. An average Nigerian can’t afford this just to buy a car.
EVs no dey like Tokumbo, o! shocked shocked

5. Maintenance issues:
Electric cars won’t give much headache like their combustion engine counterparts; they don’t need engine oil, just rotate your tires.
The big question now is: what will you do when an issue arises?
It might be difficult to take it for repairs. There are not many experts who would be able to handle them.

https://autojosh.com/5-reasons-electric-cars-wont-sell-nigeria/

AutoJoshNG:
By Donald3d | https://autojosh.com/5-reasons-electric-cars-wont-sell-nigeria/
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 08, 2017
blaze1916:
Where are the facilities to back it up...its useless in naija here jare...at least for nw dnt knw about the future

Not entirely useless. Electric cars are basically maintenance free.. and the person that shipped this one in definitely is not planning to use it as a daily driver. He probably has other cars. And about charging... some people have 24/7 power.. some residents have Mikano and and easily install charging port there. Gradually other people will start importing electric cars and soon our mechanics will start learning how to fix it. EV's are the future and someone needs to take the bold step of importing them. Big ups to this guy, now watch as others will follow.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2017
deco22:
Orishirishi...that car must cost a fortune to buy and maintain sha o.

To buy... cheaper than Toyota Avalon. Maintenance is basically non existent since it has no engine, no radiator.. not much of mechanical parts. But then it requires competent technicians when electrical parts fail. As for charging I see no problem here if the owner is rich.. some people have 24/7 electricity in their homes and offices.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 08, 2017
LaudateII:

Nigerians! shocked Charge the car, with which power nah? Abi, no be di same DISCOs wey dey give us epileptic electricity dem go take charge the car battery? And do you know how much it costs to replace the battery of that car? And if he uses generator, the fuel cost no be small thing, o!

Thank you! cheesy Even an LPG powered car would still save you stress. And if there is any electrical fault in this car, our local electricians or rewires could end up short-circuiting its life span!

Which power supply are you going to use to charge such cars? The epileptic one supplied by the DISCOs, or the one from your diesel generator? Get ready to spend more money, o! shocked

God bless you for educating the clueless, my brother. cool We like putting the cart before the horse in this country. Even the replacement cost of such batteries, is rather prohibitive.

U made some point.. but then again someone needs to take the bold step. I don't expect someone that has only 1 car to buy an EV in this country.. but if someone has 2 or more cars then why not? If u are rich enough to have 3 cars, live in ur own house with ur own Mikano generator that u turn on everytime (with or without an EV), have ur own office that require 24/7 electricity, so why would u think charging an EV will be a problem? I don't expect the car to be a daily driver, but if the first person ships it in then it will encourage others and more people will start shipping them.

It would be difficult for early adopters no doubt but its not an impossible tax. With time the expertise will come.. because let's be sincere EV cars are the future. Right now or even for the next 10 yrs I don't expect many individuals to own Ev's in this country but I can see companies like banks, oil companies, etc buying them for their staff. Charging and maintenance won't be a problem. Then gradually more people will start owning them. Its just the case of automatic cars.. I remember back in the days people were scared of owning automatic cars, people were discouraged of buying v6 because mechanics don't know how to fix them. But today is there anyone that buys manual cars?

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by sabaka: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2017
How dem wan take charge dis one now?
Cc nurey kingreign lejeun3 readonee35l
Shagati Piyke denn zoharariel autojoshng ikenna351

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by blaze1916(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:

Not entirely useless. Electric cars are basically maintenance free.. and the person that shipped this one in definitely is not planning to use it as a daily driver. He probably has other cars. And about charging... some people have 24/7 power.. some residents have Mikano and and easily install charging port there. Gradually other people will start importing electric cars and soon our mechanics will start learning how to fix it. EV's are the future and someone needs to take the bold step of importing them. Big ups to this guy, now watch as others will follow.

Nice illustration bros. Jst like u said some hv electricity and some have mikano gens right? Means the car will be limited to the rich alone what am I even typing can an average class man buy that car? Those are things we should consider...except there will be charging terminals across the whole federation...that's when the car will work here in nigeria if not , I still don't see hw it will work in Nigeria sir...
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2017
blaze1916:

Nice illustration bros. Jst like u said some hv electricity and some have mikano gens right? Means the car will be limited to the rich alone what am I even typing can an average class man buy that car? Those are things we should consider...except there will be charging terminals across the whole federation...that's when the car will work here in nigeria if not , I still don't see hw it will work in Nigeria sir...

I get ur point. My own question too is can an average man afford a private jet? Don't we have lots of people that own private jet in this country? Can an average man afford a g wagon or range Rover sport? Don't we see many of those cars on our roads? Go to some homes u will find Ferraris, Lamborghinis and even Bugatti. Tell me how those ones won't be able to buy electric cars that are not even half as expensive as those exortic cars. Like I said it's a gradual process. When companies like banks, oil companies, construction companies etc start buying electric cars, they will install their own charging stations in their offices (just like dangote trucks run on CNG). Then maybe a company will start installing charging station and gradually the love for electric cars will spread. It is not something that will happen step by step, might take the next 10-20 yrs but someone got to start it.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by TheAlchemist: 8:32am On Dec 08, 2017
Please advise urgently needed, what size of power bank would work seamlessly with this electric car?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by blaze1916(m): 8:45am On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:

I get ur point. My own question too is can an average man afford a private jet? Don't we have lots of people that own private jet in this country? Can an average man afford a g wagon or range Rover sport? Don't we see many of those cars on our roads? Go to some homes u will find Ferraris, Lamborghinis and even Bugatti. Tell me how those ones won't be able to buy electric cars that are not even half as expensive as those exortic cars. Like I said it's a gradual process. When companies like banks, oil companies, construction companies etc start buying electric cars, they will install their own charging stations in their offices (just like dangote trucks run on CNG). Then maybe a company will start installing charging station and gradually the love for electric cars will spread. It is not something that will happen step by step, might take the next 10-20 yrs but someone got to start it.
I rest my case...u win lol
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by samally: 9:36am On Dec 08, 2017
sabaka:

Sorry bro, those mentioned won't respond to your dumbed question
they're elite and understand what EV vehicles means for the future...

am so glad none of them respond to this archaic comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Futureberry: 9:38am On Dec 08, 2017
Mbediogu:

Is it sinful to use it for 51 years if I can and if it will stay? This car won't even last 2years here with our road and conditions of maintenance at the moment. In the days of J Allens, UTC and SCOA Motors and other vehicle sale/maintenance companies, it would have been ok. What we have now are thiefing mediocre road side charlatans. The more you take your cars to them, the more the break it down - for a fee.
I don't know,not a fan of Nissan more a tesla fan,at least with a Tesla you won't have to worry about road side mechanic...nevertheless I still put it to you that the car is great...it did not attain the position if the best EV car simply because it an EV car
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by MrCross: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2017
Hah memories...i remember my daddy used this car in 1995/96.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Readonee35L(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2017
sabaka:

greenhulk:

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by ooshinibos: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2017
this car will suffer in Naija ..no electricity to charge it
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 10:34am On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:

And how will the faulty batteries be disposed off, given its lithium content that has the potential to turn it into toxic waste?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2017
LaudateII:

And how will the faulty batteries be disposed off, given its lithium content that has the potential to turn it into toxic waste?

Why do u worry about battery disposal? When we get to that bridge we will cross it. The average life of the battery in an ev is 8 years or 100,000 miles (some Tesla models even stay withing warranty until 125,000 miles). I know u would probably say what about those that buy tokunbo, as it is right now I don't expect anyone to ship in a tokunbo EV car. If u are rich enough to own 2-3 cars, rich enough to have steady 24/7 power then u should be rich enough to buy a brand new ev for around $30,000 (lots of people drive cars that cost over $150,000).

I was surprised the first time I saw an ATM machine while i was serving in 2006, the same ATM machine can be found on every streets. Back in the days they use to say it's not possible to use an ATM machine to make deposit, now many banks have this service. Who would think a sim card that used to sell for 30k would be free now. Bro when we get to that bridge we will cross it.

4 Likes

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:
Why do u worry about battery disposal? When we get to that bridge we will cross it. The average life of the battery in an ev is 8 years or 100,000 miles (some Tesla models even stay withing warranty until 125,000 miles). I know u would probably say what about those that buy tokunbo, as it is right now I don't expect anyone to ship in a tokunbo EV car. If u are rich enough to own 2-3 cars, rich enough to have steady 24/7 power then u should be rich enough to buy a brand new ev for around $30,000 (lots of people drive cars that cost over $150,000).

I was surprised the first time I saw an ATM machine while i was serving in 2006, the same ATM machine can be found on every streets. Back in the days they use to say it's not possible to use an ATM machine to make deposit, now many banks have this service. Who would think a sim card that used to sell for 30k would be free now. Bro when we get to that bridge we will cross it.

This mindset that says "when we get to that bridge we will cross it," has made our society and its infrastructure so poor and deficient today.

People need to plan appropriately, and execute those plans logically and seamlessly, in order to move forward. Toxic waste kills, and renders people useless. How many facilities do we have in place to deal with it? You think it will appear out of thin air? The SIM cards whose prices were dropped, was made possible by people who planned and strategised behind the scenes, in telcos and within the industry, to make it happen.

Our electricity grid is still epileptic today, because of poor implementation of properly articulated plans to improve its capacity. sad We throw money at things, thinking it would do the magic without holistic and adequate planning and implementation.

It is the same reason why our rail network is in such a poor state, and our electricity grid can only generate 6,000MW till date. undecided

Some countries have already started planning from today, how to put in place facilities and infrastructure that their people would need in 10 to 15 years time. Here we are too lackadaisical, and leave almost everything to chance....

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 08, 2017
LaudateII:

This mindset that says "when we get to that bridge we will cross it," has made our society and its infrastructure so poor and deficient today.

People need to plan appropriately, and execute those plans logically and seamlessly, in order to move forward. Toxic waste kills, and renders people useless. How many facilities to deal with it, do we have? You think it will appear out if thin air? The SIM cards whose prices were dropped, was made possible by people who planned and strategised behind the scenes, in telcos and within the industry, to make it happen.

Our electricity grid is still epileptic today, because of poor implementation, of properly articulated plans to improve its capacity. sad We throw money at things, thinking it would do the magic without holistic and adequate planning and implementation.

It is the same reason why our rail network is in such a poor state, and our electricity grid can only generate 6,000MW till date. undecided

Some countries have already started planning from today, how to put in place facilities and infrastructure that their people would need in 10 to 15 years time. Here we are too lackadaisical, and leave almost everything to chance....

I still don't see how everything u mentioned would mean EVs are entirely useless here. If some people can own private jets, Ferraris and Lamborghinis then why not EV? Battery disposal is the least to worry about right now. If some countries are planning to faze out gasoline vehicles by 2030 u think they don't have plans to dispose those batteries? Like I've said I don't expect influx of EVs in Nigeria for now, a few people here and there will buy them and battery disposal won't be a problem compared to countries where we already have millions of EVs. It takes like 8 yrs before the battery even have a chance or running out so what are we even talking?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Mbediogu(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Futureberry:
I don't know,not a fan of Nissan more a tesla fan,at least with a Tesla you won't have to worry about road side mechanic...nevertheless I still put it to you that the car is great...it did not attain the position if the best EV car simply because it an EV car

Any idea about the going price? Hope it is not less than 20billion Naira? lol.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 3:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:

I still don't see how everything u mentioned would mean EVs are entirely useless here. If some people can own private jets, Ferraris and Lamborghinis then why not EV? Battery disposal is the least to worry about right now. If some countries are planning to faze out gasoline vehicles by 2030 u think they don't have plans to dispose those batteries? Like I've said I don't expect influx of EVs in Nigeria for now, a few people here and there will buy them and battery disposal won't be a problem compared to countries where we already have millions of EVs. It takes like 8 yrs before the battery even have a chance or running out so what are we even talking?

Listen to yourself..."Battery disposal is the least to worry about right now.....battery disposal won't be a problem ..." If people like you get into positions of power, it would be a tragedy!
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
LaudateII:

Listen to yourself..."Battery disposal is the least to worry about right now.....battery disposal won't be a problem ..." If people like you get into positions of power, it would be a tragedy!

U should listen to urself. The smoke produced by generators, rickety trucks, cars without catalytic converter, etc produce more toxic products than battery of an ev car

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nigeriadondie: 5:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:
Nigeriandondie aka Angelbeing will commit suicide because of this
We see it everyday here where I live. 24 hrs lights round d year dey to charge not ur 22 hrs thatis now reduced to 20hrs.
See what u re celebrating a technology that has been embraced for nearly a decade here where I live. You should be ashamed that we are lagging far behind in anything good.
Let me feed your blind eyes with real live pics
of the electric car we see each day here which is so common. This was taken on my way to work. as u said I ve no job and I am an illegal migrant. Even most Taxis here use such electric cars.
If i ve no work I wonder if one can pay transport fare or if I was an illegal migrant I could move around easily without being spotted by d police and deported to that ur shithole of a nation

1 Like

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Futureberry: 5:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Mbediogu:

Any idea about the going price? Hope it is not less than 20billion Naira? lol.
no idea
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:
U should listen to urself. The smoke produced by generators, rickety trucks, cars without catalytic converter, etc produce more toxic products than battery of an ev car
Really? You still don't get it, do you? Your mentality of " battery disposal won't be a problem...we will can cross the bridge, when we get there" is the root of the planlessness and poor infrastructure, that plagues our country today.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
LaudateII:

Really? You still don't get it, do you? Your mentality of " battery disposal won't be a problem...we will can cross the bridge, when we get there" is the root of the planlessness and poor infrastructure, that plagues our country today.

We can see the one with the low mentality here. since when has li-ion batteries become more dangerous than smokes coming out of gasoline engines?
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 11:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
greenhulk:
We can see the one with the low mentality here. since when has li-ion batteries become more dangerous than smokes coming out of gasoline engines?
Do the research and you will get the answers...
The fact that you are asking this question, shows you know very little about the ionising radiation effects of the expired battery packs of EV cars.
Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 09, 2017
LaudateII:

Do the research and you will get the answers...
The fact that you are asking this question, shows you know very little about the ionising radiation effects of the expired battery packs of EV cars.

Lol, chei u are out of points and keep repeating the same thing even when u know what u are saying doesn't make sense, or maybe that's beyond ur understanding. Every cars on the road in this country have at least 1 12 volts lead - acid battery in it and mind u lead is more toxic than the materials in lithium-ion batteries. So why all of us never die even though most damaged lead acid batteries are not properly recycled in this country. Li-ion batteries can also be recycled, every smartphone and most gadgets have li-ion batteries in them so I don't get where the so called ionizing radiation is coming from. Where recycled or disposed, it doesn't pose more dangerous than smoke from gasoline engines that depletes the ozone layer and soffocation. EVs are the future, if u don't embrace it now u will still embrace it in the near future.

Re: Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos by LaudateII: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2017
greenhulk:

Lol, chei u are out of points and keep repeating the same thing even when u know what u are saying doesn't make sense, or maybe that's beyond ur understanding. Every cars on the road in this country have at least 1 12 volts lead - acid battery in it and mind u lead is more toxic than the materials in lithium-ion batteries. So why all of us never die even though most damaged lead acid batteries are not properly recycled in this country. Li-ion batteries can also be recycled, every smartphone and most gadgets have li-ion batteries in them so I don't get where the so called ionizing radiation is coming from. Where recycled or disposed, it doesn't pose more dangerous than smoke from gasoline engines that depletes the ozone layer and soffocation. EVs are the future, if u don't embrace it now u will still embrace it in the near future.

You must be a comedian. Do you currently have facilities for recycling such batteries in Nigeria? Do more research. You will get the info on the ionising radiation of the battery packs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thousands Of Cars Including Rolls-Royce & Lambo Rot In Supercar Graveyard In UAE / What Is The Difference Between OEM And Aftermarket Auto Parts? / Meaning Of Full Option Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.