Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill (589 Views)

Abia Civil Servants Lay Curses On Ikpeazu Over Non-payment Of 9months Salary / ‘don’t Sack Civil Servants Over Tinubu’s Comments’ – PDP Begs Nigerian Govt / Fayose Congratulates Governor Ikpeazu, Blasts Justice Okon Abang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by kcmichael: 6:23am On Dec 07, 2017
The Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has blasted civil servants in the state, describing them as architects of delay in salary payment through their falsification of wage bill to accommodate ghost workers.

Ikpeazu, who expressed his frustration over the bloated wage bill at his quarterly interaction with the people of the state in Aba, the state’s commercial hub, said that when compared with Ebonyi State where N900 million is used to settle all salaries of workers including pensioners, Abia is battling to make use of N2.1billion for just settlement of workers’ salaries.

“The greatest enemies of the civil servants are the civil servants themselves. Who are the people that change figures and change dates? Who are the people that manage the pension in the first place? It is the workers that manage the pension and make it unavailable for the pensioners. I cannot be battling to pay N2.1billion for salaries while my brother in Ebonyi is just using N900 million to pay everybody, including pensioners.

“When we came, we inherited a wage bill of about N2.6 billion, but by asking workers to show us BVN, we were able to reduce it to 2.1billion which means that some people were stealing N500million every month before we discovered it.

Workers in Abia State are 39,000 MDAs (Ministries, Departments and Agencies) are 21,000 and local government workers are 18,000. “Now, in which local government will you find up to 1,000 workers? This shows that there are still ghost workers. We are doing thumb printing for workers. We have a device and we are working with consultant from America that is helping us to look at who comes to work and who doesn’t come. Some people who live overseas are paid salaries in Aba South and it must stop.”

Adding his voice on the salary saga in the state, the State’s Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Obinna Oriaku, claimed that Abia is owing because the state’s salary rate and wage bill are actually higher than any other state in the South-East.

“Yesterday, I decided to take analysis of what each state does in the South-East and it is very surprising that Abia pays the highest. Before we came in, a permanent secretary here earned N635,800… Today, it is about N520, 000. In Enugu, a permanent secretary takes home N290, 000; in Anambra it’s N350, 000, in Imo it’s between 300, 000 and 370,000.”
Beside Oriaku, the governor was accompanied to the quarterly interaction by the Commissioner for Works, Eziuche Ubani and the Commissioner for Agriculture, Barr Uzo

1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by agwom(m): 7:14am On Dec 07, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by kcmichael: 7:19am On Dec 07, 2017
Oga be creative and look inward
Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by uglyafonja: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2017
Even the business men in Aba are also collecting salaries

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by uglyafonja: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2017
Igbo's are not known to be salary earners.....just like Anambra, those dudes are not interested in anything salary jobs....

That is why you have a lesser number of civil servant in that state..
Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by uglyafonja: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
I remembered that my father always say to me that ; AS AN IGBO MAN, YOU CAN NEVER BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU ESTABLISH YOUR OWN BUSINESS..

Salary jobs are made for AFONJAS
Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by uglyafonja: 7:28am On Dec 07, 2017
I remembered that my father always say to me that ; AS AN IGBO MAN, YOU CAN NEVER BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU ESTABLISH YOUR OWN BUSINESS..

Salary jobs are made for AFONJAS...
Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by DaniDani(m): 10:11am On Dec 07, 2017
This is eye opening! And every one will be screaming abia civil servants are not paid. Too bad, something must be done urgent to salvage this ugly trend.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by WisdomFlakes: 10:47am On Dec 07, 2017
uglyafonja:

Salary jobs are made for AFONJAS...

Even on a strictly Abia/igbo related thread, you still could not help dragging 'Afonja' into it. Tell the truth, did an afonja fvck and impregnate your wife? Because this your obsession is far from being normal.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Blasts Abia Civil Servants Over Bloated Wage Bill by FunkyAlhaji2015: 11:23am On Dec 07, 2017
Doesn't this show how incompetent the governor is? El Rufai under 1 month dealt decisively with the ghost workers issue, by reducing the wage bill by half with just one staff verification exercise. Here we have a governor still struggling with the issue of ghost workers three years into his administration. Pls just jejely resign if you do not know how to tackle this menace.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Still Remain One Of The Best Governor In Nigeria. / Climate Change: Buhari Seeks Funds From International Community / For Those That Forget So Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.