Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? (6473 Views)

Poll: Do You Still?

Yes: 56% (40 votes)
No: 43% (31 votes)
This poll has ended

8 Most Controversial Nigerian Films Of All Time / Watch Nigerian Movies Online For Free / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by obstead200(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2010
The naija movie industry sucks! My family has placed a total ban on watching naija films. Reasons:
1. the storyline is always heavily faulted logically.
2. The costuming is appalling. It is a common sight 4 a rich man (for instance) in the story 2 appear wearing an old, rumpled and ill fitting Aba made suit.
3. They keep using the same actors n also keep writing scripts in basically the same story line.
4. Worst of all, the dialogue is so dry, lacks innovation and is totally predictable.

Post other reasons why u feel naija movies sucks
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Horus(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2010
I still watch Nigerian films but why don't Nigerian actresses wear their hair natural instead of trying to look white? Too many Nigerian actresses can’t remember what it’s like to feel their natural hair because they use too often wigs, weaves, extensions and chemical relaxers. Does it mean they are imitating a European style? Unfortunately, YES.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by WackyJ1(m): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2010
@POSTER you're right and i especially agree with reasons 3 & 4.
And another thing, most of these movies now have parts 1, 2, 3 and even 4 and all of them pointless.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by omar22(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2010
One of the most important thing in my life is my time and theirs no refund on it, I wont be able to get it back so I wont risk it at all
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 31, 2010
Men those mother-fuckers sucks, they even act up to 3 movies every week, grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin just with 2million naira if not less per movie, dundies they are, and the actresses suck, some do not care even with pimples in their face they still face the camera to act, what a goose pimple, nigeria home videos are 4 illiterates

1 Like

Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2010
i never watched them while i was in nigeria but now i find them naively fascinating and i do take a look-in once in a while.Am actually proud we are doing something right ,for a change.But there remains room for improvement
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Ultrame(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2010
Nah, i'd rather listen to the radio.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by stiyke(m): 11:50am On Mar 31, 2010
@ poster what can you do or have you done to correct it??
If the answer is nothing, then shut d f.ck up!!

NL is filled with whinners that arent doing anything to change the status quo. All they do is complain!!
I dont think Nigerian movies are the best they can be, but if you wont do anything to change it, then shut up! Same goes with everything in Nigeria.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by obinna5000(m): 11:55am On Mar 31, 2010
odiaero:

Men those mother-fuckers sucks, they even act up to 3 movies every week, grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin just with 2million naira if not less per movie, dundies they are, and the actresses suck, some do not care even with pimples in their face they still face the camera to act, what a goose pimple, nigeria home videos are 4 illiterates
An actor or actress is ready to appear in 30 films in a year. I wonder if they are able to be committed to roles they are required to carry out in those films.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by jessefly: 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
instead of me to watch 9ja film i will stare at my ceiling board, cos dat is more entertaining
9ja film watching is d height of joblessness only jobless people witout activity in deir life watch silly 9ja movies
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by kosovo(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
I can't really remember the last time i watched Nigeria Film, I don't wana have nightmare, watching Nigeria films is worse than having spirits pursing you at night. . . cheesy
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
kosovo:

I can't really remember the last time i watched Nigeria Film, I don't wana have nightmare, watching Nigeria films is worse than having spirits pursing you at night. . . cheesy

LWKMD
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Redman44(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Yes, I still watch Nigerian Films. However, I'm selective in the kind of films I watch. Films produced by the likes of Tunde Kelani, Amaka Igwe, Lancelot Imasuen and Kunle Afolayan will make my list. I respect the Producers I've mentioned because they're good and can do better if they have access to more money and modern film technology. However, it is pertinent to note that Nollywood still has a long way to go. Many movies being churned out these days are not good enough for the international market. Our Film producers need to find unique stories with good scripts that will satisfy the expectations of the viewing public. New actors and actresses need to be unearthed from time to time. I feel Film Producers in Nigeria need to go back to books written by Nigerian authors in the 60's, 70's and 80's for story ideas. Kola Onadipe's '' The Boy Slave '' and '' The Return of Shettima '' will become box office and cinema hits in Nigeria if they are turned to Films. What about Cyprian Ekwensi's '' The Passport of Mallam Ilia'' ? The Pacesetter Series has many Nigerian writers with unique stories that can be made into solid films. The key to Nigeria making an impact internationally in Film Production lies in the material and stories in novels and novellas written by our great authors. Kunle Afolayan has started well with '' The Figurine ''. We need more Film Producers who think out of the box smiley smiley Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by heryyy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 31, 2010
odiaero:

I was just about to say the samething then came accross your reply, u are completely right,its just too perfect for the Illeterates, Rubbish !!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by heryyy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ultrame:

Nah, i'd rather listen to the radio.

hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by heryyy(m): 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
stiyke:

@ poster what can you do or have you done to correct it??
If the answer is nothing, then shut d f.ck up!!

NL is filled with whinners that arent doing anything to change the status quo. All they do is complain!!
I dont think Nigerian movies are the best they can be, but if you wont do anything to change it, then shut up! Same goes with everything in Nigeria.

Base on ur response and that u can write a good english,i will say u are a semi-illeterate grin grin grin
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by slyk2(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2010
wrong option!
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by WackyJ1(m): 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2010
@Redman44
I like your suggestion very much. Those novels of those days were too much. There is a particular action novel(ON THE ROAD) written by a nigerian i read that if turned into a movie will knock out very many of those american movies.
Our producers should be challenged and try and improve the quality of their films and stop all this useless repetition,
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by CuteAngel(f): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2010
Sometimes i feel so pissed at the producers when i watch their movies, i wonder if they are even edited before putting it for public viewing, wrong custumes, wrong grammatical usage, everything is just so wacked. There are better off as stage play instead of Movie.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by nellaluv(f): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
yes i do watch Nigerian films. . .is dat bad? Not all Nigerian movies anyway.
Nigerian comedy movie sucks, if u don't wanna blast ur tv pls don't watch their comedy movie.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2010
Personally i don't rent Nigerian movies with my money. I watch it when my cousins borrow the movies from our neighbours. I cherish foreign films.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Obelomo: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
Even though I was born in states I love Nigerian films, but I do agree w/ some comments.  I do get tired of seeing the same old reclycled actors and actresses, especially in similar films, sometimes it looks like the same movie.  I am also sick of these "homemade" films, especially w/ three casts, something they can put on television.  Also Yoruba films emphasis too much on fetish solutions and ideas.  Horus in many AA's films in  even tv shows I hardly see them wear their natural hair.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Feraz(m): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2010
D naija movies i hate r d occult movies. The same story lines. Very predictable. Here's a scenario:
PART ONE: Clem Ohanmeze is a poor man living in the villa and farming with his wife. He starts thinking about his life when Rich Oganiru passes with a convoy. They see each other n exchange greetings with clem wondering how rich made it when he knows rich and him do soak garri together. Rich gives him a business card n some amount of money. He goes to see rich n rich introduces him to a cult. He joins with d condition of sacrificing his future children for wealth. It ends with clem throwing a party in a mansion. They tell u:
WATCH OUT FOR PART TWO
I respect broad daylight, senator, ijele, a cry 4 help, evil forest, when God says yes n some others. . . . . . .
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by hauler: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
odiaero:

Are you trying to insult that Fat Black AMAKA girl? Cos all she does is watch these movies shocked
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by FaLeroy: 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
I don't watch Nigerian movies anymore because:

1. The dialog is mostly mindless and unintelligible
2. in flashbacks, the actresses have the same hair on like 3 years back as they do in the present
3. They show you 45 mins out of two hours of the actors' drive and the traffic e.t.c
4. they have too many parts and by the time you get to part 4, they are showing what you already knew within the first 15 minutes of the movie
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Anaegboka(m): 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2010
Redman44:

Yes, I still watch Nigerian Films. However, I'm selective in the kind of films I watch. Films produced by the likes of Tunde Kelani, Amaka Igwe, Lancelot Imasuen and Kunle Afolayan will make my list. I respect the Producers I've mentioned because they're good and can do better if they have access to more money and modern film technology. However, it is pertinent to note that Nollywood still has a long way to go. Many movies being churned out these days are not good enough for the international market. Our Film producers need to find unique stories with good scripts that will satisfy the expectations of the viewing public. New actors and actresses need to be unearthed from time to time. I feel Film Producers in Nigeria need to go back to books written by Nigerian authors in the 60's, 70's and 80's for story ideas. Kola Onadipe's '' The Boy Slave '' and '' The Return of Shettima '' will become box office and cinema hits in Nigeria if they are turned to Films. What about Cyprian Ekwensi's '' The Passport of Mallam Ilia'' ? The Pacesetter Series has many Nigerian writers with unique stories that can be made into solid films. The key to Nigeria making an impact internationally in Film Production lies in the material and stories in novels and novellas written by our great authors. Kunle Afolayan has started well with '' The Figurine ''. We need more Film Producers who think out of the box smiley smiley Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

You really gave a suggestion that'll have many of us scrambling for Nigerian movies with this pacesetters series idea. The series had an element that is lacking in Nigerian movies "originallity"
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by jessefly: 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2010
FaLeroy:

I don't watch Nigerian movies anymore because:

1. The dialog is mostly mindless and unintelligible
2. in flashbacks, the actresses have the same hair on like 3 years back as they do in the present
3. They show you 45 mins out of two hours of the actors' drive and the traffic e.t.c
4. they have too many parts and by the time you get to part 4, they are showing what you already knew within the first 15 minutes of the movie
grin grin grin tru talk dont they ever learn, or improve no they r releasing sci-fi hmphh hisses then hes out
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by GeeCee(m): 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
Except i'm forced to.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by idifu(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2010
it is a taboo for me to watch Naija movies cuz they full of Poo
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2010
obstead200:

The naija movie industry sucks! My family has placed a total ban on watching naija films.
That doesn't make sense mate So the family decide on who watch what? undecided That is just loads of nonsense

As for me I do watch them sometimes, even hollywood is not that great you know
we gotta encourage our people. One of the reason hollywood is successful is because they
promote themself so much. But US, all we do is criticize our film industry, which I find really hard
to swallow. offcourse the Nigerian film industry has loads of faults, but they are at least improving.
They were worse five years ago, now it is improving and tommorrow it may be better, the least we
can do is at least appreciate.

I mean what is all this? exaggeration at it best
jessefly:

instead of me to watch 9ja film i will stare at my ceiling board, cos dat is more entertaining
9ja film watching is d height of joblessness only jobless people witout activity in deir life watch silly 9ja movies
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by willyspace(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2010
I'd rather mix one cup of stones to two cups of Abakaliki rice then start seperating them. It makes more sense than watching them predictable, boring titled Nigerian dramas.(they are not yet films). Infact, by mere looking at the posters, u can tell the entire movie.
Re: Do U Still Watch Nigerian Films? by parislomo(f): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
yes oh yes, I still watch it (Yoruba ones though since I can't stand all the fashion parade in the English ones).
And oh yes! I still rent them. The last one I saw last week ALACADA was worth my while. Maybe the plot was exaggerated, I had a good laugh all through.
Maybe if you were an 'indoor' person like me, you would not tick it off your list.
Can't wait to go rent some during this breakcheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls I Need Link To Download "Thor Ragnarok" / Gulder Ultimate Search Season 8 / The Apprentice 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.