Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (49371 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This / Joe Muriuki Is Dead (First Kenyan To Go Public About HIV Status Dies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
sexybbstar:

It's not a fake news. It was actually the woman who posted it in a Facebook HIV group. I'm a member of that group. They all look happy in the group. A woman even celebrated 17yrs of living with HIV, if you see how beautiful she is, smooth skin and chubby cheeks.
there Are Few People Who Are Immune To any Kind Of Virus, i Have Forgotten What They Are Called... Their System Resists Any Form Of Virus...

Also Since Hiv Comes In Types, some Can Stay With The Individual For Many Years while Some Will Kill In A Year Or Less... All Depends On The Type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by 2shure: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
if na naija she dey
dem for don stereotype am
she for don kick bucket since
buh na yankee
no ones gives a fuc abt your wealt
iphones
clothes
cars
shoes if na gucci
and your health
ameh nor geh time for shiit

buh sometin mus kill man
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Iamtipsyy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2017
9jakohai:
1.It is possible.

2.S.X increases your chances of catching HIV...it doesn't mean you will get it every time.

3.If you take your drugs regularly...and keep your viral load low...very low...your chances of spreading the virus fall.

4.HIV pregnant women go for something called PMTCT. PLUS....taking your drugs when pregnant keeps the virus low.

5.Also, kids who are exposed to virus during delivery...can start taking drugs immediately...and yes get cured.

6.IVF means you can have kids sans sex, use condom at other times.

HIV care has come a long way.
do you have hiv?
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2017
JamesReacher:
Hmm why are you a member of the group
cheesy I'm just a member for the fun of it. Their testimonies is always lit. I love the way they interact,they are just so lively.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by HSfoundation(m): 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Most likely the woman got infected after giving birth to the children. For the husband to be negative, it shows the man has not slept with her after she got infected or he has been using protection. I love how happy they look even with their status. Happy family.

Your assertion as regards giving birth before delivery is not always true as HIV + mothers give birth to HIV- children even here in Nigeria. If you attend a prevention of mother to child transmission clinic or HIV exposed babies clinic you would be surprise at the number of +be mothers with-ve babies.
#Information
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Braimoh100(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
I dnt believe it
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by DNA9(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Certainly, she got it after giving birth. Mind u, stop thinking she committed adultery, nah, it might hv been a wrong blood transfusion or stuff,. Not every HIV is contacted via sex. (African mindset).
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by 900warriorz: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
Were the children born by pollination?
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Ranchhoddas: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Blackhawk01:
Awwwwwwwnnnn... This is beautiful. kiss kiss
What is beautiful about this biko?
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by tealaw(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
Prolly a cheater.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by just2endowed: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
if its the man thats negative, i dont think the woman will dive in to the marriage. Most married people that display status is most the wife is positive while the man negative. I havent seen underwise. undecided
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
Chidex2442:
They is nothing impossible with god...
meanwhile love conquers all barriers
Is not God. It the work of science.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
DNA9:
Certainly, she got it after giving birth. Mind u, stop thinking she committed adultery, nah, it might hv been a wrong blood transfusion or stuff,. Not every HIV is contacted via sex. (African mindset).
Babies can actually be cured of HIV.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Linux007(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Most likely the woman got infected after giving birth to the children. For the husband to be negative, it shows the man has not slept with her after she got infected or he has been using protection. I love how happy they look even with their status. Happy family.

No, it shows how uninformed you are about HIV.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Beey(f): 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
itspzpics:
This viral photo was shared online recently. The woman is HIV+ while the husband and the children are negative to the deadly virus.

This is incredible!!!

Gist from Praizeupdates
http://www.praizeupdates.com/see-this-viral-photo-of-family-living-with-hiv-wife-and-others-hiv/
They are called HIV discordant couples.You can google for more about it.

1 Like

Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
mechanics:
wow, and she's healthy, if one thinks of sleeping with the woman, that's all.
So her husband no dey sleep with her?
Her viral load is low, so it will be difficult for her to transfer it to someone else. But prevention is still better than cure sha.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
NLevents:
It is always advisable to go for HIV test at least every six months. So you can tackle the virus before advancement.

Few days to the Nairaland party 3.0

why would you want to miss out on so much fun ? Visit thread for more details https://www.nairaland.com/4153612/nairaland-get-together-party03

Nairaland what?

what is this thing?? with the type of creatures that on this website?
a sane person would actually attend a so called nairaland party? wow

1 Share

Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
Iamtipsyy:
do you have hiv?

No, I am negative. Last tested 3 months ago.

I work in healthcare though
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Kokaine(m): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
9jakohai:
1.It is possible.

2.S.X increases your chances of catching HIV...it doesn't mean you will get it every time.

3.If you take your drugs regularly...and keep your viral load low...very low...your chances of spreading the virus fall.

4.HIV pregnant women go for something called PMTCT. PLUS....taking your drugs when pregnant keeps the virus low.

5.Also, kids who are exposed to virus during delivery...can start taking drugs immediately...and yes get cured.

6.IVF means you can have kids sans sex, use condom at other times.

HIV care has come a long way.
my question is: how come the man fathered all those kids through unprotected sex and still didnt get the virus. except he used IVF
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Austinoiz(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Fake news!
Me no gree give a flying ounce of emotion on this
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Kokaine:
my question is: how come the man fathered all those kids through unprotected sex and still didnt get the virus. except he used IVF

See points 3 and 4
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Blackhawk01: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
What is beautiful about this biko?

Ever heard of stigmatization or desertion?
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Bigprick9inches: 2:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
9jakohai:

No time bomb.

If you are HIV positive, and use your drugs regularly...to the point that yer viral load is less than 20 copies per ml(it has to be over 1000 copies per ml for us to take it serious)..spreading the virus won't happen most of the time.
Meaning there are times where it will spread . Now that is the time bomb I am talking about.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Blackhawk01: 2:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
ucheHapers:

If it was the man that is positive, it won't be beautiful

Unlike you, I always look beyond the gender and every reasonable person should too.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by mechanics(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
charliboy654:

So her husband no dey sleep with her?
Her viral load is low, so it will be difficult for her to transfer it to someone else. But prevention is still better than cure sha.
her husband still sleeps with her due to doctor's advice, if someone does not know her status and sleeps with her, the chances of that person getting it will be high, we are saying the same thing.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Blackhawk01: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
YoungMILITANT:

what is beautiful there na

If you're too blind to see the beauty in this family, you should get someone to wipe out your existence. wink
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by Blackhawk01: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
dollyjoy:
Hmmmmmmmmm. Indeed

A penny for your thoughts, miss?
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by dollyjoy(f): 3:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Blackhawk01:

A penny for your thoughts, miss?
tongue
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by bencynthgreat: 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
cremedelacreme:
Chai! ignorance is worst than the virus and poverty combined. go read about HIV pls and educate ur ignorant self.
Re: Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative by bencynthgreat: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
With the comments I see here I guess the government really need to do much work on this HIV thing. I can't believe the level of ignorance I see here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr Kingsley Onwuzuruigbo Is Dead / People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O / I Fall Sick Whenever My Hair Grows, What Could Be The Cause?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.