Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:34 AM

Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria (3281 Views)

Empowerment: Kabiru Amadu Mai-Palace Shares Detergent, Local Iron / Mai Mala Buni: Why El-rufai, Tinubu’s Ambitions Can’t Tear APC Apart In 2023 / Governor Mai Mala Buni Weds Ummi Adama Gaidam As 3rd Wife, After Swearing-in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria by ivolt: 3:14pm On Dec 09, 2017
What an excellent piece.

1 Like

Re: Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria by 7lives: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2017
seunmsg:

I agree in totality with the submission and conclusion of Dr. Kperogi. The support for Buhari in the North is far more than just political support. Atiku is a very rich and popular politician but he doesn't command the kind of heroic support that Buhari enjoys. The calculation of Atikus camp is to win bloc votes from the south and share the votes from north central. Very faulty assumptions as Buhari will win significantly in north central and south west historically doesn't even vote en bloc. If they will start in 2015, it wont be in favour of an Atiku/igbo vp against Bubari/OsinbJo. Atiku stands no chance in 2019!

Bitter truth.
Buhari reminds me of Ayatollah Komeini, the late shah of Iran.
People like these are difficult to beat, their followers will not back down even in the face of death.
To be honest only death can stop Buhari from ruling beyond 2019, I don't see PDP weathering the 2019 storm.

1 Like

Re: Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria by 7lives: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2017
EazyMoh:
The main reason he's fanatically loved and supported is simply because of his uprightness and lack of interest to amass wealth.
Only people like Tafawa Balewa and Sardauna lived a better and principled life.
Buhari closely follows their footsteps. Comparing him to our present day elites and leaders, he's miles ahead of them in terms of gaskiya (trustworthyness) and that earns him to be symbolically referred to as it's custodian, popularly called Mai-Gaskiya.
His seldom support for Shari'ah has nothing to do with it.
IBB gave Islam more support compared to any other leader, yet he isn't loved half PMB's love.

Thank you God bless you.
Most of these noise makers though it's easy to win the hearts of the downtrodden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria by Konquest: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2017
raumdeuter:
Before the 2001 speech on Shariah, the average hausa man has been a supporter of Buhari.

I have many Hausa friends who will beg me to see reasons to support Buhari over all the other corrupt people

Atiku and IBB might be popular among the Northern elites, but the people on the street, Buhari is it for them
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
@Raumdeuter

You are absolutely correct!

I went to one of the FGCs in the North decades back
before coming back to Lagos for my university education, and I
can confirm that Buhari has CHARISMA and the "gift of the garb"
which makes him popular on the "street-level" when he speaks
in Hausa!

I'm glad I had my high school
education up north as it helped to shatter
a lot of negative stereotypes about the
northerners and I still maintain friendship
with some of them who are holding top
positions in different spheres of life.
It was illuminating getting to mix with
students who left their families behind
and travelled by air, train, or road
from all over Nigeria then!

This guy called Farooq Kperogi doesn't
have an Idea what he is talking about!
He just writes articles laced with anger
and insults instead of
taking time to deeply reflect on issues.
He shows a lack of emotional intelligence
when he goes about abusing PMB who
I admit has a lot to do too by talking to Nigerians
one-on-one via continuous live
broadcasts to assure them of he and VP. Yemi Osinbajo's
commitment to their welfare.

Farooq Kperogi has been writing highly defamatory articles
about Buhari - which I concede evolved partly
from the incapacitation of the man [PMB] for
some time between last year and this year.
Buhari and his team need to come out to quickly
debunk any negative talk about him
because in professional PR - "Perception is
Stronger than Reality!"

Even all of PMB's children are highly articulate!
Would a religious fundamentalist give his female
children access to the kind of Western
education that they now have?
"I don't think so!"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mai Gaskiya- The Buhari 'worship' In Northern Nigeria by Stalwert: 8:30am On Dec 10, 2017
EazyMoh:
The main reason he's fanatically loved and supported is simply because of his uprightness and lack of interest to amass wealth.
Only people like Tafawa Balewa and Sardauna lived a better and principled life.
Buhari closely follows their footsteps. Comparing him to our present day elites and leaders, he's miles ahead of them in terms of gaskiya (trustworthyness) and that earns him to be symbolically referred to as it's custodian, popularly called Mai-Gaskiya.
His seldom support for Shari'ah has nothing to do with it.
IBB gave Islam more support compared to any other leader, yet he isn't loved half PMB's love.

Gbamest

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oshiomole And Lara Steps Out In Style- Pictures / I'm Glad You Have Addressed The Nation On Coronavirus — Fani-kayode Tells Buhari / NBS' Poverty Metric For Nigeria Per State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.