Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

How Tolerant Are You - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Tolerant Are You (5379 Views)

When Did We Become So Tolerant Of The Other Woman? / Who's More Tolerant In Relationships? / Who's More Tolerant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tolerant Are You by Moyola(f): 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2010
I cant say how tolerant I'd be in such situation. .really! 've heard of n 'witnessed' cases where men cheat. . . .some women shrug it off, coolin it wiv "dhatz how men are. . ." sorta belief! Jeezz!

For woteva reason I'd want him to open up to me. . . ahn! itz couldnt b that bad! If his reason is substantial enough then. . .which i doubt there wud eva be! nywayz, 'd do as ma spirit directz!

Buh if it ain *tutz* oti ro'go! angry  grin
Re: How Tolerant Are You by TeeJay6(m): 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2010
i am tolerant as long as she is willing to condone my philandering as well
Re: How Tolerant Are You by jaybee3(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Tolerance should have a high dependence on other deciding factors;
1) Kids being involved in the union
2) Location and availability of all sorta support
3) Either party's percentage dependency in relation to finance
4) The last which i don't buy is religious views

PS. IF you ain't married and you have a BF or GF displaying traces of being a serial cheat then please do go into a union with 'em kind of peeps at ur own peril. Nothing wrong with marrying a cheat cos people do it for all sorta reasons but the fact of the matter is chances of them changing are very remote.
Re: How Tolerant Are You by 3kay945(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
am nt going to sit down and watch while immorality turns me insane, that is why,,,,before all else,,,be armed!!!!!!!
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2010
jay bee:

Tolerance should have a high dependence on other deciding factors;
1) Kids being involved in the union
2) Location and availability of all sorta support
3) Either party's percentage dependency in relation to finance
4) The last which i don't buy is religious views

PS. IF you ain't married and you have a BF or GF displaying traces of being a serial cheat then please do go into a union with 'em kind of peeps at your own peril. Nothing wrong with marrying a cheat cos people do it for all sorta reasons but the fact of the matter is chances of them changing are very remote.
makes sense

in actual fact- i believe ur tolerance reflects on the type of person u are
its nothing to do with forgiveness, cheating is never a one off with black men *rolls eyes* o here we go i aint gonna make it racial
neways like i was sayin- i think it reflects on how u value urself;
'i try my best to make him happy- but he can still cheat on me'
thats doesnt sound right at all does it??
o i see sum attention seekers up there

*ignored*
Re: How Tolerant Are You by Ninapha(f): 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
Hmm! you see most people shouting, i will kill, i will maim and all that are not saying the simple truth especially the women.

One of the hardest thing to do after marriage is to work out, its not just a relationship. Men yes, but women, its always difficult, heart broken but yet the milk of womanhood holds one down.

for me, I will surely be hurt, but first, i would leave the room untill i am sure he is clean and ready to be a husband and not "women-man"
Re: How Tolerant Are You by idifu(m): 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2010
no woman cheats on me, i cheat on em  n dats d way it's supposed to besmiley
i aint a wussie
Re: How Tolerant Are You by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 31, 2010
I think it's hard to say how you'd react before it actually happen. Now I'd say that if any of my future boyfriends or husbands
would cheat on me I'd dump him without thinking twice. But then that might not be how I feel if that actually happens,

P.S i do not thinking I can tolerate it though grin
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
marriage is different

u have to date acheat to marry one!

ontothenext please!
Re: How Tolerant Are You by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2010
idifu:

i aint a wussie
By which law?
Re: How Tolerant Are You by bluebunnie(f): 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2010
Ninapha:

Hmm! you see most people shouting, i will kill, i will maim and all that are not saying the simple truth especially the women.

One of the hardest thing to do after marriage is to work out, its not just a relationship. Men yes, but women, its always difficult, heart broken but yet the milk of womanhood holds one down.

for me, I will surely be hurt, but first, i would leave the room untill i am sure he is clean and ready to be a husband and not "women-man"

Hmmmm ur even going far, even in ordinary relationships its difficult to leave ur man ur madly in love with cos he cheats on u. Wots d probability dat d next one u get involved with wont do worse. As for me as long as he still puts me first, shows some respect n loves me dearly, i aint going nowhere. But we certainly will talk about it n resolve. Everyday we hurt people, weda conciously or unconsiously, n sometimes we ask for forgiveness, n we wud love to be forgiven. I'll forgive if he's genuine.
Re: How Tolerant Are You by bluebunnie(f): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
idifu:

no woman cheats on me, i cheat on em n dats d way it's supposed to besmiley
i aint a wussie

Says who? u must be a chauvenistic man. Rem wot goes around comes around. tongue
Re: How Tolerant Are You by bawomolo(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
idifu:

i aint a wussie

the people have spoken grin
Re: How Tolerant Are You by gentlegg(m): 3:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
rokiatu:

I think it's hard to say how you'd react before it actually happen. Now I'd say that if any of my future boyfriends or husbands
would cheat on me I'd dump him without thinking twice. But then that might not be how I feel if that actually happens,

P.S i do not thinking I can tolerate it though grin

Nawaooo
Re: How Tolerant Are You by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
gentlegg:

Nawaooo
what na wooo no one can be 100% certain that you will spend your life with only one person undecided
Re: How Tolerant Are You by cvibe: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2010
Once you tell lies, there's nothing more to hold on to.
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 4:13pm On Mar 31, 2010
bluebunnie:

Hmmmm your even going far, even in ordinary relationships its difficult to leave your man your madly in love with cos he cheats on u. Wots d probability dat d next one u get involved with wont do worse. As for me as long as he still puts me first, shows some respect n loves me dearly, i aint going nowhere. But we certainly will talk about it n resolve. Everyday we hurt people, weda conciously or unconsiously, n sometimes we ask for forgiveness, n we wud love to be forgiven. I'll forgive if he's genuine.

thats the mentality- right there!
how are u respected when he cheats??

how are u put first when he cheats??

how does he love u dearly again i must say WHEN HE CHEATS??

there is no probability another man will!  but the beleif that all men are bad makes women degrade themselves!

then again i must say this sort of tolerance is common- women no longer think they deserve much
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
cvibe:

Once you tell lies, there's nothing more to hold on to.

this is something i belive too

i cant stand lies!

ahhh i simply cannot stand it!

even the tiniest little lie!
Re: How Tolerant Are You by bawomolo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2010
a man that cheats on you can still respect you? the mentality of some naija women is something else.
Re: How Tolerant Are You by iice(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2010
will u marry me? for the uptenth time! angry angry angry

You know me and Johnny are already joined for life grin grin
Re: How Tolerant Are You by tolutara: 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
Since I am married, I can only give my opinion based on that perspective:

I am certainly not tolerant to being cheated on and reactions will  most likely be as follows:

1. Stunned that the absolute man of dreams, flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone would do this , Disbelief

2. Upset that he will find another woman so disireable not only in his mind but to actually carry out the action of sleeping with them, Hurt

3. Wondering what was my contribution to his actions (i.e cheating) , Confused

4. The fact that he will disrespect me in this way, Anger

5. Get my self tested  for STDs, being realistic.

Once all of the above is over, I will have him take a break for a few days to both clear our heads (i.e not being in the same house) and it doesn't matter who leaves. I will have him meet me somewhere neutral for a discussion.  Would like to know what happened, what led to this behavior, what was he missing at home and without being accusatory , what did i do to contribute to it, How long has the affair been going on, was it a one night stand or a full blown affair. Depending on his answers, we will take it from there, But I do believe in working on my marriage unless he wants out.
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^ interesting
yes thats a very mature and calm way to deal with things

i like it

but like i said

what if ur not married??
Re: How Tolerant Are You by na2day2(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
otukpo:

Go and open another thread for that.
we'll also want to know your reactions.

nah baby, this one works for me just fine wink wink wink save the earth, go green, use less bytes tongue tongue tongue

ayettymama:

o i see sum attention seekers up there

*ignored*

u mean u? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^ inno ur in love witrh me

now will u pls leave me alone!!
Re: How Tolerant Are You by OEO: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
I need chaircover in this segment. plsssss
Re: How Tolerant Are You by petres007(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
Even as a guy, I know I can't endure cheating at all. I believe its one thing that goes to the root of the contract/terms of relationship between a couple. undecided
Re: How Tolerant Are You by Dblank(f): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2010
I can be very tolerant to some certain extent.As regards the CHEATING one.Only GOD knows what will happen lipsrsealed
Re: How Tolerant Are You by bluespice(f): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2010
if we are dating, then im very sure that will either end the relationship or turn it to a huge phucking joke
if we are married,
definitely counseling but i wont leave him, oh well depends on my state of mind, i'm not the most sensible person everytime
Re: How Tolerant Are You by KennyG6(m): 6:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
bluespice:

if we are dating, then im very sure that will either end the relationship or turn it to a huge phucking joke
if we are married,
definitely counseling but i wont leave him, oh well depends on my state of mind, i'm not the most sensible person everytime
hmmmm grin grin grin
Re: How Tolerant Are You by unitee(f): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ poster-it depends if he is just a bf i leave him humbly but if he is my hubby i will stay but will make hm c hs shortcomings and mayb talk it over and i also pray about it for divine intervention cuz emotionally i will be bruised so defo i will b hurt
Re: How Tolerant Are You by bluespice(f): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
Kenny_G:

hmmmm  grin grin grin
if you say anything i'll skin you alive! angry

hey boo kiss
*proud bipolar reppin* cool
Re: How Tolerant Are You by ayettymama(f): 6:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
^^ check my shoes! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Love And Falling In Love / A Girl That Visited Me In My House Has Refused To Leave What Will I Do? / I Have Got The Best Girlfriend Ever,so Proud Of Her For These........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.