Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars (5338 Views)

Smart Cars Of The Future / Smart German Citizen Buys 2 Smart Cars Just To Keep Driveway Clear / Dumb Cars Will Be Dead In The Long Run. Only Smart Cars Will Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by techbloga: 2:25am On Dec 10, 2017
BlackBerry, Qualcomm partners to feature smart cars, the two companies are expanding a long-standing relationship to combine BlackBerry’s software with Qualcomm’s wireless tech to future smart cars.

BlackBerry wants to be in your car, forget smartphones! BlackBerry CEO John Chen which has been moving the company away from smartphones production recently.

The new security software company, which previously made BlackBerry smartphones, said on Thursday that it’s working with Qualcomm to develop platforms for the next generation of connected vehicles.

The companies plan to combine BlackBerry’s QNX platform, which previously powered the BlackBerry 10 mobile software for its phones, with Qualcomm modems and its wireless technologies.

Some of the BlackBerry technologies includes telematics and virtual cockpit controllers, which suggests work with commercial vehicles such as delivery trucks.

The announcement was made as an extension of a relationship between the two companies that spans over the decade.

http://www.techsphere.com.ng/qualcomm-blackberry-partners-to-feature-smart-cars/

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Marpol
Seun
Semid4lyfe
Ishilove
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by omoiyalayi(m): 3:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Hmmmmmmm Blackberry

Have they giving up on their blackberry android ?

It's good sha

#TeamQ10

Izz lyke ham FTC o

if so I dedicate it to everyone having their birthday 2day may u all live long in prosperity and every good things of life ur heart desire

7 Likes

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by merbenko: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2017
That is good

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by SirMichael1: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2017
BlackBerry still in active service?

Anyways, should this partnership be successful enough to yield result, the cost will be unreasonably hiked!

And should they penetrate the Nigeria market for the second time... Then it's trouble.

Prepare to see another nollywood movie title. What?! Don't ask me.... They made BlackBerry babes. I wouldn't be surprised should I see 'BlackBerry guys'

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by kay29000(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Hmm
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by Hardewarlee(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2017
When android don send you out for phone... Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by teflonjake(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by hablink: 7:39am On Dec 10, 2017
Dear blackberry,
We want the smart Cars to be fast like a bat escaping from hell not as slow as Buhari implementing Nigeria's budget.

5 Likes

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by BruncleZuma: 7:40am On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2017
After failing miserably with mobile phones
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by tollyboy5(m): 7:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Imarnuel04:
After failing miserably with mobile phones
They did not fail o! Shit happens I'm sure they are up to something great

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by M2dX(m): 7:50am On Dec 10, 2017
black berry too like money, If they manage produce that car now, the first price will be 90billion naira angry

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by Jelal0007(m): 8:00am On Dec 10, 2017
If was blackberry was in my car,I won't buy it. The reason is that I wouldn't want a situation where I'm told 'unfortunately after dec 31st,u won't be able to use this application'. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice...

Phone geeks in the house pls help me out.
which of the CPU is more efficient:
Qualcomm MSM8909 or Mediatek MTK6580A ?
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by dewaskillz: 8:29am On Dec 10, 2017
That's a good move. Diversifying. Blackberry was a good phone though at least they were trailblazers with their innovations and ingenuity, so bad they couldn't keep up with the trend.
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by WunderGist: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2017
That'll be a good & perfect innovation
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by stolenstone: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2017
Blackberry Wey never fit partner make their users continue to use whatsapp after 31st December, Is that one phone company?
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by oseiwe(m): 9:05am On Dec 10, 2017
Blackberry that is not focused? John Chen should hide his face!
Re: Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars by DONADAMS(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
confused lots

(1) (Reply)

Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata / How Often Should D Fuel Filter In A Tokunbo Car Be Changed? / Ctn Cargo Tracking Notes (ctn)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.