Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Who Is Jesus To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus To You? (335 Views)

Where Is Audio Jesus To Save The World From Corona Virus? / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Jesus To You? by Gboyee4fun(m): 6:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Who is Jesus to you? (Matt 16:13+)

It is important to be charging ourselves with the truth of the gospel so that we will not be too carry away with the ephemerals of the activities in our churches today. This is the season of Christmas and as the popular saying that says 'Jesus is the reason of the season' but the important question we you need to answer is 'who is this man called Jesus Christ to you'.
This is not a matter of I'm born a Christian, I attend church regularly, I'm even a chorister or a zealous worker in the house of God but a sincere matter of whom the person of Jesus is to your being.
At a point Jesus asked His disciples that same question, who do people says I am? And the replies were varied, some knows him as Elijah, some knows Him as John the Baptist, to some is Jeremiah and some recognised Jesus as one of the prophets. Yes you might have heard so many names Jesus is called but what do you says He is? You might have heard Him called Lord but do you know Him as Lord? Or you're just following the choruses of every other person? The bible says He is prince of peace, but do you know him as that? Jesus asked his disciples but what do you says I am? Then it was revealed to peter that He is the Christ, the son of the living God, note the word "revealed" that means Peter knows Jesus as the son of God and as Christ the saviour by revelation which only comes from God.
The truth is you can not know the person of Jesus Christ by following the crowd, not by being churchy but by eating the word of God deeply in your heart and by personal consecration in prayer and in walking with God in His word. Let me stop with the lyric of this song "Jesus reveals yourself to me, Open my eye to see, I need an encounter. I pray for the revelation of Christ Jesus for every soul that desire to truly know Him in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus To You? by amunkita(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2017
Jesus is my Lord and personal Savior..
Re: Who Is Jesus To You? by hopefulLandlord: 7:12am On Dec 10, 2017
just in Case
Re: Who Is Jesus To You? by LessNoise: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2017
The lover of my soul
Re: Who Is Jesus To You? by vivie01(f): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2017
The pillar that holds my life, the giver of hope of eternal life.

(1) (Reply)

Destroy It, Before It Destroys You. (part 8). / Prophecy On Jerusalem.. / The First And The Last Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.