Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! (4960 Views)

INEC Replies Oshiomhole: We Obeyed Supreme Court On Bayelsa Like We Did On Imo / 2019: Group Dumps Atiku For Buhari / Pastor Tunde Bakare Congratulates Atiku For Winning PDP Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari!

If there is a trending buzzword now disturbing the Nigerian cyberspace lately, it is definitely #Atiku2019 or #Atikulate these were coined by the many lovers of Waziri Adamawa who felt disenchanted and disgusted by the rudderless style of leadership that keeps spreading poverty at an alarming rate by the one man show Buhari's government.

Who Is Atiku?

Born on November 25, 1946, Alhaji Atiku needs no introduction to those in the political sphere of Nigeria, he was the man who slugged it out to the last kobo against Chief M.K.O Abiola (of blessed memory) at the 1993 Social Democratic Party (SDP) Convention at Jos, it took the efforts of Party Stalwarts to talk Atiku out of proceeding further to please allow Abiola a chance to the Party's Presidential Ticket. Indeed, as a refined Gentleman he was, he obliged and M.K.O/Kingibe emerged as the Party's flagbearer the rest from there is history. Who is Atiku? He is an astute businessman who caught his business savvy early in life as a trader, by dint of hardwork he built his first house at age 15! Not deterred, Atiku proceeded in his zeal to become somebody in life by venturing into a career in Custom and rose through the ranks as Deputy Comptroller General before he retires and off fully into private business where Alhaji Atiku had built a business empire that employs not less than 400,000 employees either directly or indirectly across the business strata of Nigeria where the Turakin Adamawa had vested interests.

Buhari's Helping Factor!

It is obvious to the blind that Buhari is no longer a selling product against 2019 as a result of too many abandoned promises, jaundiced views on sensitive economic matters,  flip-flop decisions and killing policies robbing more from the poor and creating unbearable hardship on the innocent masses. Alhaji Atiku may not need to campaign too much with wordy platitudes as Buhari's government is already directly and indirectly campaigning for him. Under Buhari, it can be deduced that we now live in a Country where there is capital flights, soldiers and other security operatives cannot guarantee security,  doctors now embark on strikes and perform abysmally due to poor training and supports, lawyers are victimised to forcefully support this current government and even justices are served unjustly against perceived enemies of the government,  journalists now doctor news just to deceive the unwary masses as a matter of fact, Nigeria is operating under a state of lawlessness!

Why The Atiku Factor?

Nigeria at this juncture needs a helping hand to redirect the trend of things as they have since degenerated and if there is anyone I can think of as the right force to steer the ship of State to a clearer Coast that has to be Alhaji Atiku, a tested politician of high repute who brought in the best Economic Team into the political annals of government between 1999-2007 while serving as Vice President to President Olusegun Obasanjo, he has proven beyond palpitation of the hearts that he is an astute businessman with vested interests in education, oil and gas, foods production, farming, importation and exportation, printing businesses and others.  It is crystal clear now that beyond unnecessary primordial sentiments that "Atiku Cannot Become President" being chanted in some quarters on the ground of "unestablished corruption charges" against his person will not fly because the people are wiser now. 

Alhaji Atiku needs to bring his business savvy to bear on governance in Nigeria, it is time to give someone who is detribalised and have his business tentacles across the Country employing; the Northwesterners, Northeasterners, Northcentrals, Southwesterners, Southeasterners and Southsoutherners as his workers spreading wealth in the process. We need an Atiku to run Nigeria not as a fiefdom or an autocratic setting but a going concern with Nationalistic Colouration the Turakin Adamawa is known for. We need an Atiku to being his wealth of experience to create more jobs being a passionate job creator from his early life. We need the Atiku factor to stop the barriers of servitude innocent Nigerians have been subjected to over the years especially under this current administration.  We need to push the frontiers of bigotry, tribalism, underdevelopment and wastefulness backward and push forward a working system that will pedestal Nigeria's economic stature as a giant before the comity of Nations. We need the Atiku factor to galvanise the economic potentials of this great Nation back to working ways like we used to. We need the Atiku factor to suppress cabals toying with the future of this great Country but a bold individual as Atiku with the masses in his political calculations is all what we need. Nigeria cannot afford another 4 years of Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop style of government as being run by Buhari one man show. It is too certain that Nigeria needs a New Man at the Helm of Affairs and that New Man is definitely, Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, GCON, Waziri Adamawa. #Atikulate 2019!

The Determining Factors!

No thinking about it, the Buhari's government made lots of promises that are yet to be met despite going almost 3 years into their administration. All we need from Waziri Adamawa is based on 6 Pivotal Determining Factors which are;

(1) Corruption - How Do You Intend To Fight Corruption And Yield Great Economic Results For The Country Sir?

(2) Unemployments - This is like a curse and cankerworm to Nigeria's development when there is a massive brain drain and insolvency of her working populations, Sir, How Do You Intend To Create A Working Ambience That Will Bring About A Worthy Employment Revolution Among The Teeming Working Populations Currently Jobless?

(3) Insurgency - This is one area The Buhari's administration failed woefully more 
Ilke just window-dressing their so-called fights against Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen. Sir, What Do You Have On The Table To Curb This Menace Once And For All Especially In Your Geographical Zone of Northeast?

(4) Power Supply - This is the most embarrassing aspect of the governments that had rule us since 1960 and even more annoying when you have a current government that promised to make Power Sector a top priority yet we seem to have lost it all as darkness seems to be the order of the day whereby Nigerians now brand a sitting Minister in the Ministry as "Minister of Darkness"! Sir, your University in Adamawa is run on 24/7 Power Supply, How Do You Intend To Revamp The Power Sector To Give Nigerians Adequate Power Supply of At Least 19 Hours A Day?

(5) Lack Of Respect For Rule Of Law - There is no doubt that one of the most trampled and rubbished arm of government is the judiciary where rules are subverted and flagrantly disobeyed especially by the Executives which gave birth to the ill-adviced  mantra of "a benevolent dictator is what we need" in order to fight corruption yet the same "Benevolent Dictator" is entertaining and harbouring corrupt individuals in his cabinet. How Do You Intend To Stem The Tide Of The Tension Within The Judiciary?

(6) Application Of Federal Character In Portfolio Sharing - This is very sensitive going by the tribal Colouration of Nigeria. If by God's Grace You Emerge As The Next President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria, How Do You Intend To Balance Up Appointments That Will Be Bereft Of Lopsidedness?

Swift response to the above posers can go a long in shaping the direction of how the forthcoming Primaries of the PDP and the Presidential Elections will eventually go come 2019! Alhaji Atiku had paid his dues in the political wilderness of Nigeria, he has been tested as the Vice President and if voted as our President come 2019, he won't disappoint Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by yesloaded: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
MAY GOD HELP NIGERIANS

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Atiku2019: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2017
Buhari's Negative economic policies has already given Atiku the Leverage and Platform he needs.

Like For Atiku cool

Share for Buhari cool

45 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin

Comedians!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by BMCSlayer: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
grin grin

Comedians!
NgeneUkwenu:

Yea, the next President Of Biafra!

Q: What's the difference between BMC and a prostitute? A: The prostitute gives value for the money she takes.

14 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
I have no doubt within me that Atiku will emerge as my next President!

13 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ratello:

Yea, the next President Of Biafra!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by rhemmiedream(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ratello:
President of Uganda or Biafla

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
The heat is on and I am loving this trend no doubt. I hope Lalasticlala can push this forward

1 Like

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
BMCSlayer:

Q: What's the difference between BMC and a prostitute? A: The prostitute gives value for the money she takes.
Try to ignore that old troll for good my brother. The heat of Atiku is on already

6 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Tremor007: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2017
rhemmiedream:

President of Uganda or Biafla
What do you crave for in life? Happiness or sadness?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by rhemmiedream(m): 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
Tremor007:

What do you crave for in life? Happiness or sadness?
Ask your parents after waking them up with a sliding tackle tomorrow morning. wink

5 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Tremor007: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2017
rhemmiedream:

Ask your parents after waking them up with a sliding tackle tomorrow morning. wink
My judgment and sentiments of you was easy through your response thanks for not disappointing!

7 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Lot13(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ratello:
In your dream.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2017
Tremor007:

My judgment and sentiments of you was easy through your response thanks for not disappointing!
The jittery is on, Atiku has started Atikulating on them already. 2019 come quickly!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by BabaRamota1980: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
What kind of title is this? Since when did we start giving candidates a chance? I thought candidates fight for votes.... OP, this is Nigeria, you are in the wrong country. Libya is that way >>>>>>

3 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by efighter: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
Ratello:

The same way you were sure that Goatluck Jonascam would defeat Buhari in 2015. Atikuchukwu will lose the election and also lose his life to hypertension when he sees election results.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
It is no mean feat that Alhaji Atiku has come a long way as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned having being at the forefront of National Politics as far back as 1993 as a Presidential flagbearer of his party, SDP, so when we talk about experience which is needed then Atiku counts. He was part of the 1999-2007 government of PDP that transformed Nigeria from her lowest ebb to the path of historical economic transformation never before seen in the political history of the Country when they took over from the Gen Abdulsalam Abubakar junta inheriting a little above $3 billion dollars in our Forex with a paltry $9-$[[ per barrel in its first 3 years only for them to turn things around to making Abuja a mega city, increased GDP with a huge forex of $45 billion, opening Nigeria's frontiers of business to the outside world, making Nigeria a Mecca of business of all sorts, stemming the tide of security and many other benefits in the area of fiscal policies where our open market operations (OMO) recorded its highest transactions ever giving rice to a huge financial base of our Capital Market under the legendary Madam Ndidi Onyuike Okereke 

Going by the above, I see no  reason why Nigerians will not need the hand of such a man who was part of the main team that gave Nigeria her best government ever. I will Atikulate very well by 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by BabaRamota1980: 12:29am On Dec 11, 2017
Ratello:
It is no mean feat that Alhaji Atiku has come a long way as far as politics in Nigeria is concerned having being at the forefront of National Politics as far back as 1993 as a Presidential flagbearer of his party, SDP, so when we talk about experience which is needed then Atiku counts. He was part of the 1999-2007 government of PDP that transformed Nigeria from her lowest ebb to the path of historical economic transformation never before seen in the political history of the Country when they took over from the Gen Abdulsalam Abubakar junta inheriting a little above $3 billion dollars in our Forex with a paltry $9-$[[ per barrel in its first 3 years only for them to turn things around to making Abuja a mega city, increased GDP with a huge forex of $45 billion, opening Nigeria's frontiers of business to the outside world, making Nigeria a Mecca of business of all sorts, stemming the tide of security and many other benefits in the area of fiscal policies where our open market operations (OMO) recorded its highest transactions ever giving rice to a huge financial base of our Capital Market under the legendary Madam Ndidi Onyuike Okereke 

Going by the above, I see no  reason why Nigerians will not need the hand of such a man who was part of the main team that gave Nigeria her best government ever. I will Atikulate very well by 2019!

We should ask Obasanjo what he thinks. Nonetheless, Atiku is a failure.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 12:30am On Dec 11, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

We should ask Obasanjo what he thinks. Nonetheless, Atiku is a failure.
Atiku a failure? You are a COMPLETE FAILURE to say that! Please sod off my mention I thought you are smart and cerebral.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by BabaRamota1980: 1:27am On Dec 11, 2017
Ratello:

Atiku a failure? You are a COMPLETE FAILURE to say that! Please sod off my mention I thought you are smart and cerebral.

Stay on Atiku, BabaRamota is not looking for votes...I dont have delegates, so stay on Atiku.

Atiku is a failure!

9 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by kolnel: 1:44am On Dec 11, 2017
Regional parties don’t win national elections
Pdp just turned to a regional party

Unfortunately buhari will rule for another 4 years
And atiku will go to another party to contest next 4 years

8 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 2:17am On Dec 11, 2017
kolnel:

Just because one funky Mallam from Ilorin branded PDP a regional party and the next thing like an almajiri who don't understand the proper deception of Mallam Bolaji you also followed suit hymning the mumu tunes, I dey laff u grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Tremor007: 2:41am On Dec 11, 2017
Ratello:

I concur to this simple and short analysis this is food for thought only for the wise!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by BabaRamota1980: 3:50am On Dec 11, 2017
kolnel:

APGA loading....

8 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by BabaRamota1980: 3:52am On Dec 11, 2017
Ratello:

Just because one funky Mallam from Ilorin branded PDP a regional party and the next thing like an almajiri who don't understand the proper deception of Mallam Bolaji you also followed suit hymning the mumu tunes, I dey laff u grin cheesy grin

PDP is a SS/SE regional party.
Atiku, your candidate, is a failure!

7 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by orisa37: 6:08am On Dec 11, 2017
For Atiku, no way.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by CharleyBright(m): 6:22am On Dec 11, 2017
On a Normal day, I would have walked pass and not bother with this thread, but for the Caption.- which says " Give Atiku chance as we gave Buhari".

Am curious to ask - So Nigerians should give Atiku a chance merely because they gave Buhari one??
Is Nigeria's Top job that cheap?
Fine, we gave Buhari a chance, but he turned out to be an incompetent failure that doesn't know his left hand from his right leg., so we should try another in his like?
Am not against Atiku, but We Nigerians are not going to simply "give him a chance" because we be Buhari.
The Nigerian Presidency isn't a Trial and Error game.
Atiku must prove he has what it takes to deliver( For now, I don't think he has anything but rants).
While Buhari has failed on his promises and we want him out, Nigerians are not going to push Atiku into Aso Rock just like that.
Atiku must convince Nigerians what hr intends to do with timelines and acceptance that he has failed if he doesn't meet set timelines.
We are tired and sick of all these silly promises from Politicians seeking Power and Fame.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by SalamRushdie: 7:43am On Dec 11, 2017
As it stands now its anyone except Buhari for me amd my family

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 10:08am On Dec 11, 2017
CharleyBright:
On a Normal day, I would have walked pass and not bother with this thread, but for the Caption.- which says " Give Atiku chance as we gave Buhari".

Am curious to ask - So Nigerians should give Atiku a chance merely because they gave Buhari one??
Is Nigeria's Top job that cheap?
Fine, we gave Buhari a chance, but he turned out to be an incompetent failure that doesn't know his left hand from his right leg., so we should try another in his like?
Am not against Atiku, but We Nigerians are not going to simply "give him a chance" because we be Buhari.
The Nigerian Presidency isn't a Trial and Error game.
Atiku must prove he has what it takes to deliver( For now, I don't think he has anything but rants).
While Buhari has failed on his promises and we want him out, Nigerians are not going to push Atiku into Aso Rock just like that.
Atiku must convince Nigerians what hr intends to do with timelines and acceptance that he has failed if he doesn't meet set timelines.
We are tired and sick of all these silly promises from Politicians seeking Power and Fame.

You are an egghead and a deep-sighted analyst. I purposely use that caption "Give Atiku A Chance" for a reason because Nigeria is not prone to fielding her best in governance and to me Atiku is in a different class from the old horses we have paraded in time past at least judge him by his achievements in career and politics the same way Trump was judged by Americans. I know Buhari can never become the next President but Atuku? Let's give him that chance based on his proven track records.

For The Records:
For now Atiku is more preferred than Buhari because if Buhari comes again we are dead as a nation can't you all see that the highest budget in history is only good for paying salaries? The same who condemed past government of wasting our common wealth has squandered our resources on medical trips abroad, all they do is borrow and witch-hunt opponents while harbouring known crooks within (Maina etal) Buhari is very clueless and crude he has no knowledge of governance.

1 Like

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

PDP is a SS/SE regional party.
Atiku, your candidate, is a failure!
Indeed, you are REGIONAL that's why you are BabaRamota

2 Likes

Re: Atiku For President 2019: Let Us Give Him A Chance Like We Did For Buhari! by Ratello: 1:39am On Dec 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
As it stands now its anyone except Buhari for me amd my family

God bless your stand my bro. Atikulating our votes well by 2019 is the ultimate Buhari is dead

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG, Ogun Partner On Borehole Projects For Rural Communities / Jos: Family Of Eight Killed In Fresh Attack / Five Educationally Most Advanced States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.