Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915551 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thacokeboy: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aforapple:

Help a brother!
all will b well!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aforapple: 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
thacokeboy:
all will b well!!!

Amen!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pvaila(f): 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
brightdocare:

thanks for your kind gesture..
where are you in the state?

I stay in Texas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by funlord(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
Gboliwe:

I was shocked to my bones at his audacity!

I called him out and mentioned Tabbaz, I didn't see any action taken against him. He will still scam someone else and I will be expected to show empathy. Lie!

I can't understand it myself! Is it that these mods don't see the mentions involving scam or what? Let's see if they will finally take action now or not! That's why I mentioned osewa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pvaila(f): 8:41pm On Feb 24, 2018
Aphrodite007:
Guys, I need your opinions please!

My 22 year old sister is thinking of changing careers to nursing. She studied international relations and has about a 3.0/4.0 gpa. Now she feels she lost out on a passion by reading an arts course due to fear of maths. So the problem is, she wants to study nursing but did not learn Chem, and Physics in Secondary School.

Will this stop her from switching to a Nursing career in the US? Any suggestions/advice will be deeply appreciated.

No, it will not stop her. She will just have to start from the basics here in the States.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pahpahjay: 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
aamstih:
Please recommend what exactly?

Any school in the USA that I can secure admissions into without TOEFL or IElts!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2018
Check Stanford cool

Or

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

Credit: Femi312

Pahpahjay:
Any school in the USA that I can secure admissions into without TOEFL or IElts!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by frostsc: 10:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
It's in Ikeja, Obafemi Awolowo Way. Their contacts are on their site

ijeomaobi1:

Pls where is the training site? Would love to take the GMAT also SAT for my daughter. But I stay in ikotun. The distance is much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 12:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Hello

Lagosismyhome, Twoods, bigfracis21 and femi312
Am sorry have been disturbing you for a while now... cheesy

Please I have interest in Texas A&M university and being a computer lover (Don't like Math, so computer science is a no go area) I was looking for something like Cyber Security, Information and Communication science or Technology, and Telecommunication Science but couldn't get any of those.

But seeing this course

Computer Information system

I was very happy but on viewing it I saw it's issuing a business degree (BSS)

Can I as a science student apply for this course and be offered?
Although it's SAT that's required not GMAT

Here is the link please
http://www.wtamu.edu/academics/computer-information-systems-program-information.aspx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kapitain(m): 12:43am On Feb 25, 2018
Anybody in Pittsburgh? Please send a PM.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2018
Lala234:
Hello

Please I have interest in Texas A&M university and being a computer lover (Don't like Math, so computer science is a no go area) I was looking for something like Cyber Security, Information and Communication science or Technology, and Telecommunication Science but couldn't get any of those.

But seeing this course

Can I as a [b]science student apply for this course and be offered? [/b]

Here is the link please
http://www.wtamu.edu/academics/computer-information-systems-program-information.aspx

GMAT can never be for first degree ...... GMAT is masters level and SAT is first degree which this is a bachelous BSS

Regarding the above . Only you know your strength . All those science nonsciences things are Nigerian english and sometimes not applicable in other countries. Find out what the admission requirements are and if you can fulfil it then admission is possible but i cannot guarantee it. It up to the admission committee

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 9:50am On Feb 25, 2018
TrustGod2018:
hello good day yu all, please i need suggestions for cheap school for undergraduate in the US that wave out out of state tuition and you be left to pay little amount .i am currently a student in a school in here in USA but want to transfer to find a cheaper school. suggestion please . thanks in advance

Google??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Yommy247(m): 10:48am On Feb 25, 2018
pvaila:

I stay in Texas
check your dm please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kaboninc(m): 10:55am On Feb 25, 2018
funlord:

Dominique Seun Lalasticlala

This thief named oxam88 has been caught scamming in the business section and as of yesterday he was still posting!

How was he caught scamming in the business section?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kaboninc(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2018
funlord:

Glad to....

Cc: dominique gboliwe Lalasticlala Seun

After you were caught you shamefully returned sleekenders cash!

If truly the moderator banned him because of this, then I strongly feel that it was very unjust and shameful on the part of sleeksender to cook up these allegations especially as he was fully aware of what happened.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 11:44am On Feb 25, 2018
LagosismyHome:

GMAT can never be for first degree ...... GMAT is masters level and SAT is first degree which this is a bachelous BSS

Regarding the above . Only you know your strength . All those science nonsciences things are Nigerian english and sometimes not applicable in other countries. Find out what the admission requirements are and if you can fulfil it then admission is possible but i cannot guarantee it. It up to the admission committee
Thanks a lot ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by joystick007: 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
Good morning everyone,

I just got accepted for a masters program in Yeshiva University, New York. I was also offered a paid graduate assistantship and a $5k scholarship (which is small though).

However, I wasn't asked to pay application fee during the whole admission process, although the fee is $50, I was told my application can be attended to and I'll pay later. Okay, so I got admitted now and the school is saying I'll pay a down payment of $500 before March ending to confirm my admission.

I have no problem with that.

Here's my concern now...... Please, does been offered a paid graduate assistantship and a $5k scholarship gives my visa application an edge with the VO, no matter how little it is?

I'm also currently waiting on the admission decision of Maryland University (my first choice but very competitive). I really don't know how long it'll take. Should i really wait on them first or should I pay the $500 down payment for yeshiva?

Please, forgive my long post and questions. I'd appreciate responses to them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 12:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
@LagosismyHome @Twoods @femi312 and all d gurus

I'm trying to verify for the very last time b4 I reg for my SAT from y'all...please your candid advise again.
I'm a graduate of Bch with a low cgpa 2.07, I intend studying nursing. Checked out schools in the states and requirements and noticed the least schs opted for a 2.5 gpa.
1) I intend taking the SAT and applying to d schs of my choice for B.sc in Nursing.
2)I'd certainly declare my first degree when filling my D'S 160 form .
3)spoke with a friend offshore and he said since the second degree I'm going for is different from my first I can continue with my application but i should look for a correlation between the two courses.
Having said all this I really hope I'm still on a good track and this won't be an issue?.im asking coz of the vast knowledge and advices on here .....Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sanctus1(m): 1:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:

Pls help me out on this

how old are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
Im 25

Sanctus1:

how old are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25, 2018
gokuu:

LOL. Fresh graduate wants to apply to the Wharton School for MBA?

Where will you get the 5 years of IMPACTFUL work experience in Investment banking, Private Equity, Consulting, or Corporate Development they typically ask for?

You do know that this cycle, Wharton interviews for candidates applying from EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) is a Team-Based Discussion style held in LONDON (so you will need to travel to the UK to interview even if you miraculously get an interview invite).

You clearly have not done any research.

Research? This board is a haven for the intellectually lazy. Those who don’t want to write any exams, demand “immediate answers” and want you to recommend a school for them.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2018
aamstih:
Check Stanford cool

Or

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course you want to study, To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

Credit: Femi312

USA have 3 admission terms please. Winter, spring and fall!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2018
Lala234:
Hello

But seeing this course

Can I as a science student apply for this course and be offered?

Here is the link please

What about business analytic??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2018
joystick007:
Good morning everyone,

I just got accepted for a masters program in Yeshiva University, New York. I was also offered a paid graduate assistantship and a $5k scholarship (which is small though).

However, I wasn't asked to pay application fee during the whole admission process, although the fee is $50, I was told my application can be attended to and I'll pay later. Okay, so I got admitted now and the school is saying I'll pay a down payment of $500 before March ending to confirm my admission.

I have no problem with that.

Here's my concern now...... Please, does been offered a paid graduate assistantship and a $5k scholarship gives my visa application an edge with the VO, no matter how little it is?

I'm also currently waiting on the admission decision of Maryland University (my first choice but very competitive). I really don't know how long it'll take. Should i really wait on them first or should I pay the $500 down payment for yeshiva?

Please, forgive my long post and questions. I'd appreciate responses to them.
Congrats on your admission. Being offered an assistantship and scholarship truly gives you an edge as it gives the VO an idea that you're a genuine student especially when you also took standardized tests, however, don't completely rely on it as visa approval is a holistic process. On your second question, I'll like to give you a personal opinion. Don't throw away your admission because you're waiting for Maryland. Just make sure you have the $500 ready and wait for the third week of March and if you haven't heard anything from Maryland, go ahead and accept the admission. Yeshiva university is quite a good school....hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:

I'm trying to verify for the very last time b4 I reg for my SAT from y'all...please your candid advise again.
I'm a graduate of Bch with a low cgpa 2.07, I intend studying nursing. Checked out schools in the states and requirements and noticed the least schs opted for a 2.5 gpa.
1) I intend taking the SAT and applying to d schs of my choice for B.sc in Nursing.
3)spoke with a friend offshore and he said since the second degree I'm going for is different from my first I can continue with my application but i should look for a correlation between the two courses.
Having said all this I really hope I'm still on a good track and this won't be an issue?.im asking coz of the vast knowledge and advices on here .....Thanks

You never know until you try. Your gpa is low, so that limits your options. You also need to convince a VO why you’re changing your major to get another bachelors degree. Are you changing because of a low gpa and this low employment prospects in your home country?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:

This question is very hard to answer ..... what works for one doesn't work for another . So it hard to predict . Some have walked in your shoes and have made it while others didnt so if you really want it you just have to try and hope for the best . Nursing is not easy to convince a Vo mainly because loads of people think it the path to an easier life but nursing entering the work force is not as easy as it use to.

Just Make sure you are fully prepared every step of the way . Be it admission or visa time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Okay

ijeomaobi1:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Tnx alot bro...main reason why I'm switching is because my school offered general biochemistry (I.e both medical and industrial). I did well in most clinical electives and i fell in love more with the medical line when I did my I.T in am hospital , this itself was a drive for me.
As a matter of fact low gpa also played a role in d switch of major coz nursing also compliments biochemistry and nursing is more of clinical. A degree in Nursing plus my former when seeking for a job here would be an edge I believe.

TWoods:

You never know until you try. Your gpa is low, so that limits your options. You also need to convince a VO why you’re changing your major to get another bachelors degree. Are you changing because of a low gpa and this low employment prospects in your home country?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Tnx alot ma'am, well I sincerely concur with you in the fact that nursing isn't an easy one and its dependent on me to convince the VO when the time comes.
Basically read and skimmed through part 12 and now part 13, noticed your responses and advises alongside that of Twoods .
The truth is I'd be glad to mentored through out till the final process with people like u and Twoods Twists and ur likes while I also play my major role.
Bless u

LagosismyHome:

This question is very hard to answer ..... what works for one doesn't work for another . So it hard to predict . Some have walked in your shoes and have made it while others didnt so if you really want it you just have to try and hope for the best . Nursing is not easy to convince a Vo mainly because loads of people think it the path to an easier life but nursing entering the work force is not as easy as it use to.

Just Make sure you are fully prepared every step of the way . Be it admission or visa time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

So What is winter admission? Winter and Spring together? Do you mean Summer? grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.