Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918733 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by orimahspence: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2018
Squaredaddy:
Hello Gurus in the house, I want to apply for Business Economics ( 1st degree) at Cleveland State University ,Ohio. I graduated from Secondary in the year 2008. Please I needed you guys advice on how to go about this . Thanks

Go to their website and read up their requirement

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
alayomini:

My question is , what is my chance of getting the visa this time as somethings has been changed in my profile and application.

Also what are the likely questions one like my case should expect,
Am also searching for a better response to question like, WHY DID YOU CHOOSE EMBRY RIDDLE.?

THANK YOU AS I WILL BE WAITING FOR UR REPLY.

1. No one can predict your chances of getting a visa.
2. No one can predict likely questions, however be prepared to answer to what has changed in your application.
3. Only you know why you chose the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
TWoods:

1. No one can predict your chances of getting a visa.
2. No one can predict likely questions, however be prepared to answer to what has changed in your application.
3. Only you know why you chose the school.

@twood thank you.
I think I need to work more on the things that has changed in my application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adeniyi3971(m): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
guys please very urgent, I need to pay for sevis fee how can I pay please help please please urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
adeniyi3971:
guys please very urgent, I need to pay for sevis fee how can I pay please help please please urgent

Send a pm to Walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ask those schools may be WES evaluations is accepted. PM me if you're still confused
justine94:
good morning guys..please I need a lil breakdown on WES and Transcript evaluation thing..when applying to different schools..do I tell my school to send my transcripts to all the schools..let's assume 5 schools..I applied to..which is additional cost..or if I evaluate via WES are the one to send the evaluated transcripts to all the school I applied for...please am kinda confused on this WES thing..I need advise on it..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adeniyi3971(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Send a pm to Walspring

OK ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Gurus in the house please this is urgent ,does WES accept statement of result?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
Yes they do
whandeykoal:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
whandeykoal:
yes the do. When verifying your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OliveWalls: 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
[color=#006600][/color] Hello house, please I need your advice on how to handle this issue. I applied for a B1/B2 Visa in March and interview is scheduled to take place in May. This visa is to enable me attend a conference and present my research paper in June. (Note: I am a doctoral student in a university here in Nigeria and also a lecturer)

Fast forward to mid April, I got a PhD admission in the US. The research focus is what I have always wanted, but is not available here in Nigeria. (I have 14 weeks to resumption and I cannot financially afford to make both trips).

So my questions-
1. Should I still go for the B1/B2 interview?
2. If yes, should I make comments about the changes that have occured since applying 2 monthst earlier or not?
3. If no, should I cancel the appointment or just refuse to show up?
4. While filing my F1 Visa form, if I cancelled the B1/B2 appointment, do I need to indicate that I have applied for a US VISA before?
5. While filing the FI VISA form, if I just did not show up for the appointment, do I need indicate that I have applied for a US VISA before?

I look forward your various input. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adel3951: 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2018
Coxtie:
cleveland State University.. liberal arts
Undergraduate degrees

Oh okay.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cheaperstuff: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
House please does anyone know if interview dates are still made available overnight?. I know some few years ago, they use to release new dates for the few coming days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
whandeykoal:
Yes they do and there is a way they does that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
OliveWalls:
[color=#006600][/color] Hello house, please I need your advice on how to handle this issue. I applied for a B1/B2 Visa in March and interview is scheduled to take place in May. This visa is to enable me attend a conference and present my research paper in June. (Note: I am a doctoral student in a university here in Nigeria and also a lecturer)

Fast forward to mid April, I got a PhD admission in the US. The research focus is what I have always wanted, but is not available here in Nigeria. (I have 14 weeks to resumption and I cannot financially afford to make both trips).

So my questions-
1. Should I still go for the B1/B2 interview?
2. If yes, should I make comments about the changes that have occured since applying 2 monthst earlier or not?
3. If no, should I cancel the appointment or just refuse to show up?
4. While filing my F1 Visa form, if I cancelled the B1/B2 appointment, do I need to indicate that I have applied for a US VISA before?
5. While filing the FI VISA form, if I just did not show up for the appointment, do I need indicate that I have applied for a US VISA before?

I look forward your various input. Thank you.

If you haven’t attend the interview for b1/b2 is better you cancel it and attend the f1 visa interview for you PhD since you said that don’t have enough funds for both trip but not bad if you still attend the b1/b2 visa and if you are granted and you decided not to go and attend the conference.

I didn’t not see a reason why you will talk about interview you didn’t attend unless the VO ask you why.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 9:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good day gurus in the houese,

After inputting the details on the wes website, my total fee resulted into #94,000 , is this how costly the evaluation is or I am not doing it right? the school I am applying to said wes are to send my credentials to them directly. after choosing the $205 option on the wes website ,I was also charged 7 dollars for standard tracking and 30 dollars for the body to send the documents to the school. wheew. please is this how it is being done ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by oluwatosin77(m): 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lex04:
Hi, I'm also preparing for the GRE and i'm in Ibadan. Please contact me via mail. alex_adetona@gmail.com

Your mail is invalid. Please check.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Predstan: 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
sweetmb4real200:
Good day gurus in the houese,

After inputting the details on the wes website, my total fee resulted into #94,000 , is this how costly the evaluation is or I am not doing it right? the school I am applying to said wes are to send my credentials to them directly. after choosing the $205 option on the wes website ,I was also charged 7 dollars for standard tracking and 30 dollars for the body to send the documents to the school. wheew. please is this how it is being done ?

That's correct bro... Mine was 103k and I didn't send to school yet.. That's the rate of dollar to naira. Just make sure you have more than 94k available in d account cus they will deduct more than that depending on your bank.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Predstan:

That's correct bro... Mine was 103k and I didn't send to school yet.. That's the rate of dollar to naira. Just make sure you have more than 94k available in d account cus they will deduct more than that depending on your bank.

Thank you so much @predstan. Secondly is it possible I tell my school to add my certificate with the transcript they are sending or they send just transcripts ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lex04(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2018
oluwatosin77:

Sorry was a typographical error. alexadetona@gmail.com or alex_adetona@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lex04(m): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
oluwatosin77:

alexadetona@gmail.com or alex_adetona@yahooma.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Andre79(m): 12:11am On Apr 25, 2018
Hello Landers!!! Silent follower��‍♂️

Visa Got approved today 24/April/ 2018
All thanks to God Almighty����

Transcript/Testimony Loading......……coming through.
God bless ✌�

21 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Laee(m): 4:49am On Apr 25, 2018
If you can remember all your interview questions and answers paste them here. The Gurus in the house are willing to help always.

Am just a learner.

daprince5898:

With regards to this, please what can one answer?.
Actually I have been denied twice @ Abuja Embassy.

Again, I need to post my transcript here, how can I do that ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by triplebaba: 6:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Good morning guys, please I have a conference to attend in the US by August, please when is the right time to apply for visa (booking an appointment). Please i need contributions. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 25, 2018
Andre79:

Visa Got approved today 24/April/ 2018
All thanks to God Almighty����

Transcript/Testimony Loading......……coming through.
God bless ✌�

Congrats dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:03am On Apr 25, 2018
sweetmb4real200:

Thank you so much @predstan. Secondly is it possible I tell my school to add my certificate with the transcript they are sending or they send just transcripts ?
Don't make the mistake of excluding your certificate else, WES will put your evaluation on hold till they get your certificate from your school. Consequently, this will make you incur additional expenses and as well cause unnecessary delays in the evaluation process.

Ensure you request your school to send both transcript and certificate to WES. Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by knash1(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2018
manitoba:
I would have advise you let your source of funding be both your savings and your uncle's SOA. I learnt this bitter lesson when it was too late. If you are going for Post Grad studies and you have claimed to have worked In Nigeria, the VO wants to see that you are committing some funds to your dreams. Disclaimer; I am not a guru but this is an info straight from the heart. All the best.
Thanks for the candid advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2018
Andre79:

Visa Got approved today 24/April/ 2018 All thanks to God Almighty����
Transcript/Testimony Loading......……coming through. God bless ✌�
congrats i tap into this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheNobelPrize(m): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Good morning Family.Please I am in need of help.It may not be easy for me to post this here,but who knows; a kind soul may be moved to help me register for the general GRE. From my previous post,I did the physics GRE and was waitlisted in some schools applied.As they schools are trying to play cello with my future,I decided to look into a school in texas,and they were impressed with my portfolio,but noted that I have to send the minimum general GRE score as soon as possible, in order to be considered for TA.I don't have funds at all and I need help on this to sit for this as soon as possible.I don't need to be given the money.I am ready to submit my details when needed.My email address is belovedsteven24@gmail.com.

Thank you all and may God bless,amen.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 8:29am On Apr 25, 2018
Olusegun26:
From SRA (Silent reader association) but fired PMs to experts for clarity .. Did the normal procedures before interview...

Thanks to many gurus here... You guys are great. I'll inbox you back...Kudos to
Scholarstica, theamerican, 4peace4, @akin3103,pianoguy, dollydolly, biikeys, jesusbabygirl(my sister from another mother), lyrondee and those that asked questions, i learnt a lot from all of you. Cheers..

Congrat- dollydolly=folmus here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:31am On Apr 25, 2018
TheNobelPrize:
Good morning Family.Please I am in need of help.It may not be easy for me to post this here,but who knows; a kind soul may be moved to help me register for the general GRE. From my previous post,I did the physics GRE and was waitlisted in some schools applied.As they schools are trying to play cello with my future,I decided to look into a school in texas,and they were impressed with my portfolio,but noted that I have to send the minimum general GRE score as soon as possible, in order to be considered for TA.I don't have funds at all and I need help on this to sit for this as soon as possible.I don't need to be given the money.I am ready to submit my details when needed.My email address is belovedsteven24@gmail.com.

Thank you all and may God bless,amen.

If you did not have funds why didn't u register for general GRE . General is a more widely accepted test

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.