Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,027 members, 7,838,577 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (925109 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gbemmy120: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
Good evening all, please I urgently need your help. I just finished filling my ds160 form now only for me to realise there’s a mistake in my month of birth. The person filled March instead of April. Please what do you suggest I do as I cannot make corrections since the form has been submitted. Kindly treat as urgent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
Gbemmy120:
Good evening all, please I urgently need your help. I just finished filling my ds160 form now only for me to realise there’s a mistake in my month of birth. The person filled March instead of April. Please what do you suggest I do as I cannot make corrections since the form has been submitted. Kindly treat as urgent!

There is a process to fill a new ds160 and swap it .... I don't know the full steps but its possible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sweetmb4real200: 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
TheGrandChemist:

Don't make the mistake of excluding your certificate else, WES will put your evaluation on hold till they get your certificate from your school. Consequently, this will make you incur additional expenses and as well cause unnecessary delays in the evaluation process.

Ensure you request your school to send both transcript and certificate to WES. Goodluck.

Thank you once again. God bless

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ogompaul(m): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hello eveeryone and warm greetings,
Please where is the address to pay for SEVIS FEE?

Again, would I pay the visa application fee at the embassy or online?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StackNerd: 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
alayomini:
My proposed transcript.

V.o- Good morning
Me.- morning
Vo- where are you going and why are you travelling?
Me- I am going to embry riddle aeronautical university to pursue my master degree in safety science which I will be majoring on industrial safety technology at Prescott, Arizona campus.
V.o- How many schools did you apply to ?
Me- 3schools , which are RIDDLE, university of North Carolina and west Virginia UNIVERSITY.
Vo- why did you choose embry riddle, could you compare the school s.
Me- I choose riddle because it offer a residential master degree when compare to North Carolina which offer an executive master in safety, but Virginia off safety management while i am a technical personnel , I prefer industrial safety technology to safety management due to my job description and field.. Also embry riddle posses higher number of processor who gather experience practical on field and from industries before becoming a lecturer. Riddle also have the world largest accident investigation lab which I really want to take advantage to learn more on accident investigation and prevention. Finally , the safety technology curriculum really go inline with my career path , which upon graduation I will earn a graduate safety professional designation.
Vo- why do you choose safety science?
I choose safety because of my career profession , how do I mean, as a mechanical technician on any job assign , I need to think of safety first. For me to think safety I must know all rudiment of safety in order not to get involved in both vital and minor accident such as fire , Born fracture, machine damage which might also cause loose of lives and properties worth millions of dollars. As a mechanical maintenance person I also choose safety to get to the pick of my career aa must of my senior maintenance manager did to get promoted within the company. With safety my family can equal enjoy me longer with any fiscal deform due to accident.

Vo- How will your master help you in your place of work.
Me- safety will make me understand and manage occupational safety program.
It will make me ensure safety for both employee and employer
It will make me control , analyse and prevent workplace hazards
It will make me lead accident investigation team and plan for prevention.
Also to put safety regulations and sign into action.
Vo- Have you travel before?
Me- No, I got no good reason to travel except for education and knowledge hunting at this time.
Vo- Do you write any standard test?
Me- I wrote IELTS exam but safety at embry riddle those not require GRE.
VO- Are you married, when and do you have kid?
Me- I did my traditional marriage last year and will be going for court marriage after my master as planned, meanwhile , I have my first daughter 5momths ago.
Vo- Tell me about your course.
Me- well , I will be studying my master degree program for 24month before return back to my job and family here in Nigeria . The program entails 36unit credit hours in total which is further to 9credit hours per semester , this make the program ruin for four semesters. I will also be attending some lab sessions in accident investigation and root cause analysis of industrial accident. I will be taking risk engineering, ergonomics, accident investigation , emergency services safety , accident forensics, human factors engineering as course.
Vo- who is paying your tuition?
Me- actually, my father is my major sponsor couple with my personal savings towards books and some living expenses . My father work with Lagos state ministry of work and housing and he is a civil and structural engineer. He own a small construction company. I also got a $200k scholarship from the school towards my tuition each semester.
Vo- when did you graduate and what did u study?
Me- I study Mech engineering and graduated in the year 2015, after which I did my NYSC in the year 2017 before joining .........in the year 2017 as a mechanical technician .

Pls, criticize and assist where needed.

Thank you.

200k USD scholarship!. This one weak me!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2018
theamerican:

First, tell me what has changed in your profile, then we'll go from there. You say you wanna reapply, what are you changing this time?

I want you to put me through while getting them changed so as not to fall in same mistakes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 11:17pm On Apr 25, 2018
Demonicide:
congrats ke, I haven't applied yet. Hopefully by June. But notwithstanding, I still claim it. I'm expecting to hear good news from your end come may.

Amen that you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bobmar: 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
Andre79:

Hello Landers!!! Silent follower��‍♂️

Visa Got approved today 24/April/ 2018
All thanks to God Almighty����

Transcript/Testimony Loading......……coming through.
God bless ✌�

Congrats.. we dey await!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 12:06am On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=theamerican post=67031684][/quote]hmmmm bless you ma really learning something here ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 12:07am On Apr 26, 2018
StackNerd:

200k USD scholarship!. This one weak me!
hahahahahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 12:09am On Apr 26, 2018
My planned Interview

VO: Where are you going/why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to Eastern Illinois University for my Masters in Cyber Security

VO: What do you study in your undergraduate and when did you graduate?
Me: I studied Computer Science and I graduated in January 2015

VO: What have you been doing ever since?
ME: I have been working as a Network Engineer at National Open University of Nigeria even before I graduate and when I graduated I was promoted to the post of Senior Network Engineer II. I am responsible for the training of new staffs, setting up internet network for the University, troubleshooting and fixing issues with LAN(Local Area Network), repairing of faulty computers and also helps in the uploading of questions to update the database of National Open University of Nigeria Server.

VO: How many school did you apply to and how many gave you admission?
ME: I applied to three schools and they all gave me admission

VO: List them
ME: Eastern Illinois University, Wright State University and Eastern Michigan University
VO: Why Eastern Illinois University, How did you get to know about Eastern Illinois University?
ME: After my researches and recommendation from my lecturer I found out that Easter Illinois University has numerous opportunities that I would like to take advantage of such as opportunities to conduct research in my field, work closely with accomplished faculty and research grant. The school curriculum also suit the area where I need to improve myself and the tuition is also affordable compare to other schools.

VO: Why USA?
ME: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world, I need international exposure and USA being the center of inventions and innovations, I could not think of a better place.
VO: Tell me your study plan/Tell me about cybersecurity at Eastern Illinois University/What is your study intent?
ME: I will be doing a total credit of 32credit hours in 2years after which I will return to Nigeria to continue my job. Some of the courses includes: cybersecurity, system security, biometric security, facility security, datebase security and reliability, networking and advance data communication etc.

VO: Amongst those mentioned courses, which of them is of more interest to you?... and why?
ME: Cybersecurity and System security. Because as a Network Engineer, it forms the major part of my job that I do day to day.

VO: How much is your tuition and who is sponsoring you?
ME: My tuition is 12, 618, book cost is 441, living expenses 10,546. The school’s estimated budget for me in a year is around 25,519. My dad is my sponsor.

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a successful business man who his into Real Estate and Oil &Gas. He own several houses and hotel in Ogun state, Ifo precisely. He also own a Gas station in Ifo as well.

VO: Are you married?
ME: Yes I am married with a 6month old son

VO: What will you do after your studies/how will your certificate help your career?
ME: I will return to Nigeria to contribute and improve security in my place of work and also in Nigeria,also the international exposure will help a great deal in achieving that.

Please help and tell me what is wrong with my transcript, i will be going for my interview first week of May
Note: I applied for B1/B2 Last year just to catch fun in Florida but i was denied, do you thing i will be ask about it.

Everybody please contribute also our gurus, Walspring, theamerican, lagosismyhome say something please to boast my confidence.

Thanks in advance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:29am On Apr 26, 2018
Lamzee:
Good day house, I have received my i20 for the fall semester, also I have paid for sevis and visa fee. When can I fill ds160 and appointment for the interview?

Funny question, just go ahead and fill the stuff and don't waste time

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:30am On Apr 26, 2018
ogompaul:

You can pay it at seme border or someone in US help you to pay it over there.

If you need help in paying sevis fee you can pm me.

You will pay your visa fee at any Gtbank branch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:31am On Apr 26, 2018
Gbemmy120:

You will fill a new ds160 afresh for you to correct it and make sure you go back to your appointment page and insert the new ds160 code that is generated for you so that on the day of your interview you wont be sent back home and ask to go and rectify that and come back another day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cheaperstuff: 2:09am On Apr 26, 2018
She stated she is trying to use an admission letter to secure a loan. That's a good start! Is she's able to secure a loan to cover her first year, she will survive. No one comes to America with $60K+ to cover their whole study. People struggle through it and still succeed. Keep praying and don't give up Gbemmy120.

TWoods:

My candid advice is that you listen to your parents. You cannot afford a US education and obviously have not done your homework.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by brightjames08: 5:02am On Apr 26, 2018
Please i need help i was denial a visa on the 6th so i paid again for another interview for on the 25th getting there i was not interview because am using the old DS160 form .my question is can i book another interview with the same visa fee Reference number please i need help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alayomini: 5:47am On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=theamerican post=67031684][/quote]

I really appreciate your contributions, thanks a lot. I will surely go back to my drawing board to amend as you Advice. Meanwhile, this will be my fifth time of interview since 2016 but this will also be my first masters admission and visa interview.

Stilling waiting g for more criticize contributions from guru in the house. @twood ur comment is highly needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 6:18am On Apr 26, 2018
LagosismyHome:

What help can really be offered .... so time for honest truth .Guru here have no say in a school rule

if its the school rules then that their rule. You either find another school or accept the situation.

You can call to clarify but if they say that their rules and you fall under conditional then that the rule .
Okay thanks for the response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coxtie(m): 6:28am On Apr 26, 2018
theamerican:

First, tell me what has changed in your profile, then we'll go from there. You say you wanna reapply, what are you changing this time?
What if I never changed anything from my profile.. can I get penalized??
Then what can you suggest I should change in my profile that will make the profile more meaningful for the VO??
Please let me send you PM so as to be easy.. I want to keep accessing you anytime I have a point so that you can go through it.. please

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 6:31am On Apr 26, 2018
goodemma20:
What are you waiting for? start filling it now. When choosing appointment date, be aware that the selected interview date cannot exceed 120 days from the program start date on your I-20.
Thanks Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by luxury01(m): 7:56am On Apr 26, 2018
good morning all. please I got my f1 visa denied yesterday. I really wish to post a transcript of how it went so I can know where I went wrong and what to improve on.

v.o : where are u going in d us.
me: Murray Kentucky
v o: how did you know about dis skul
me: I got to know about dis skul using different search engines such as google.com, I also looked it up on usnews.com, ustraveldocs.com
v.o: how many schools did u apply to
me: just one, actually I made a lot of research about many other skuls online but I had to settle for Murray state university because I was satisfied with wat dey could offer me....v.o nods head
v.o: who is ur sponsor( at dis moment I thought I was getting successful )
me: my cousin
v.o:what does ur cousin do?
me: he is a business man who imports and sells cars and car batteries...v.o was typing...den I later remembered he is into estate management... I now told her he is into estate management as well
v.o: why will he sponsor you?
me: I have been living with him for the past 10 years and he has been the one sponsoring my education since den till date
v.o what is ur highest level of education?
me: high skul education
v.o do u have a wife?
me: no
v.o do u av kids?
me:no
v.o av u travelled out of Nigeria b4 ??
me: no , because I have not had any reason to travel out of Nigeria
v.o: unfortunately u are not eligible at this moment please reapply
me: thanks and I left

pls I need u guys to pls help me out with dis nd let me know aw I went wrong and things I can improve on in.my next interview . Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:01am On Apr 26, 2018
luxury01:
good morning all. please I got my f1 visa denied yesterday. I really wish to post a transcript of how it went so I can know where I went wrong and what to improve on.

me: I got to know about dis skul using different search engines such as google.com, I also looked it up on usnews.com, ustraveldocs.com
me: just one, actually I made a lot of research about many other skuls online but I had to settle for Murray state university because I was satisfied with wat dey could offer me....v.o nods head
me: he is a business man who imports and sells cars and car batteries...v.o was typing...den I later remembered he is into estate management... I now told her he is into estate management as well
me: I have been living with him for the past 10 years and he has been the one sponsoring my education since den till date
v.o do u have a wife?
v.o do u av kids?

pls I need u guys to pls help me out with dis nd let me know aw I went wrong and things I can improve on in.my next interview . Thanks

How old are you ?...... I ask because of the bold . Also did you write any test?

Sometimes it might not be your response but your overall profile

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2018
ogompaul:

Sevis fee can only be paid in seme boarder or US, go to any GTBank to pay your visa application fee

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Robert6708: 8:10am On Apr 26, 2018
luxury01:

v.o do u have a wife?
v.o do u av kids?

“The conversation was ok. Whilst some people will come and analyze the many things they believe is wrong with your transcript. From experience I have come to realize getting a visa is most likely an issue of discretion of the VO, and luck as well. It wasn’t your day. Don’t let nobody tell you it’s about the fact that you ain’t married or have kids blah blah blah. I’ve seen people will better or worse profile get denied or approved accordingly. This is not to say preparation is not necessary. But again a lot of indices come into play Before getting a US visa. Prayer is the key. My 2 cents.”

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 8:52am On Apr 26, 2018
luxury01:

v.o do u have a wife?
v.o do u av kids?

I Can't point an obvious error from your transcripts ... Yes VO asked about how many schools but I believe you gave a good reason why you chosed just one. secondly, the VO asking if you were married an Im guessing your age was also a factor for an undergraduate degree. All in all yesterday was not just your day

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Horlanrewajuh: 9:00am On Apr 26, 2018
Morning Guys. I must tell you all that i deserve a very hot slap this morning . What i did today was very stupid .

Can you guys believe i carried the wrong DS 160 form, which was a previous form which i filled and made some corrections to the embassy today . The CGI lady gave me a white paper which states that i should reschedule with the correct ds160 form after 3 working days . Now coming back home going through the papers on my bed i found the correct ds160 form .

I am so confused i need help. What are the implications of this stupidity on my path? How soon can i get another date if as i have been told to reschedule after 3 working days? Should i call the embassy and notify them of this ?

Please i am begging you guys from my soul. I need responses !!! I need help.

I will even appreciate insults and scolding because i need it seriously . I was on the queue today helping people out with how to arrange their own documents and unknowingly to me, i just made a grave mistake with mine . Pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onlyme07(m): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2018
Horlanrewajuh:
Morning Guys. I must tell you all that i deserve a very hot slap this morning . What i did today was very stupid .

Can you guys believe i carried the wrong DS 160 form, which was a previous form which i filled and made some corrections to the embassy today . The CGI lady gave me a white paper which states that i should reschedule with the correct ds160 form after 3 working days . Now coming back home going through the papers on my bed i found the correct ds160 form .

I am so confused i need help. What are the implications of this stupidity on my path? How soon can i get another date if as i have been told to reschedule after 3 working days? Should i call the embassy and notify them of this ?

Please i am begging you guys from my soul. I need responses !!! I need help.

I will even appreciate insults and scolding because i need it seriously . I was on the queue today helping people out with how to arrange their own documents and unknowingly to me, i just made a grave mistake with mine . Pls help

Calm down. Anxiety was the cause dude. You can reschedule on the appointment web page. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 9:11am On Apr 26, 2018
Gbemmy120:

Hope it has not been linked with the visa appointment confirmation, if not you can still fill it again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 9:22am On Apr 26, 2018
yuscodguy:
My planned Interview

VO: Where are you going/why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to Eastern Illinois University for my Masters in Cyber Security

VO: What do you study in your undergraduate and when did you graduate?
Me: I studied Computer Science and I graduated in January 2015

VO: What have you been doing ever since?
ME: I have been working as a Network Engineer at National Open University of Nigeria even before I graduate and when I graduated I was promoted to the post of Senior Network Engineer II. I am responsible for the training of new staffs, setting up internet network for the University, troubleshooting and fixing issues with LAN(Local Area Network), repairing of faulty computers and also helps in the uploading of questions to update the database of National Open University of Nigeria Server.

VO: How many school did you apply to and how many gave you admission?
ME: I applied to three schools and they all gave me admission

VO: List them
ME: Eastern Illinois University, Wright State University and Eastern Michigan University
VO: Why Eastern Illinois University, How did you get to know about Eastern Illinois University?
ME: After my researches and recommendation from my lecturer I found out that Easter Illinois University has numerous opportunities that I would like to take advantage of such as opportunities to conduct research in my field, work closely with accomplished faculty and research grant. The school curriculum also suit the area where I need to improve myself and the tuition is also affordable compare to other schools.

VO: Why USA?
ME: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world, I need international exposure and USA being the center of inventions and innovations, I could not think of a better place.
VO: Tell me your study plan/Tell me about cybersecurity at Eastern Illinois University/What is your study intent?
ME: I will be doing a total credit of 32credit hours in 2years after which I will return to Nigeria to continue my job. Some of the courses includes: cybersecurity, system security, biometric security, facility security, datebase security and reliability, networking and advance data communication etc.

VO: Amongst those mentioned courses, which of them is of more interest to you?... and why?
ME: Cybersecurity and System security. Because as a Network Engineer, it forms the major part of my job that I do day to day.

VO: How much is your tuition and who is sponsoring you?
ME: My tuition is 12, 618, book cost is 441, living expenses 10,546. The school’s estimated budget for me in a year is around 25,519. My dad is my sponsor.

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a successful business man who his into Real Estate and Oil &Gas. He own several houses and hotel in Ogun state, Ifo precisely. He also own a Gas station in Ifo as well.

VO: Are you married?
ME: Yes I am married with a 6month old son

VO: What will you do after your studies/how will your certificate help your career?
ME: I will return to Nigeria to contribute and improve security in my place of work and also in Nigeria,also the international exposure will help a great deal in achieving that.

Please help and tell me what is wrong with my transcript, i will be going for my interview first week of May
Note: I applied for B1/B2 Last year just to catch fun in Florida but i was denied, do you thing i will be ask about it.

Everybody please contribute also our gurus, Walspring, theamerican, lagosismyhome say something please to boast my confidence.

Thanks in advance

Please guys treat my transcript and tell me where there is flaws
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2018
solastar2:
Hello house, please I need to pay school application fee in China. I need someone who has dollar card that can help me pay it. I will pay the person in Naira.

Thanks in anticipation.
pm me am in Shenyang China
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Horlanrewajuh: 10:27am On Apr 26, 2018
Okay, thank you very much . Appreciated. So, should i wait for the 3 working days stuff or i can get on with it right now asin Asap ?

onlyme07:

Calm down. Anxiety was the cause dude. You can reschedule on the appointment web page. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.