Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (924386 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2018
For real ? Ontop wee wee not here oo abeg shocked shocked

John123john:
Hi there! This summer I was going to visit the USA, for my tourist purposes. I heard that in some states, not all, marijuana is legalized. Is it so? If so, how much can I buy?
I also heard that they can get a medical license there, so that you can use cannabis, without any consequences. The police will not be able to detain you when you bring her up.
Can someone tell me more about this?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2018
grin grin lol....now ds got me lmao

John123john:
Hi there! This summer I was going to visit the USA, for my tourist purposes. I heard that in some states, not all, marijuana is legalized. Is it so? If so, how much can I buy?
I also heard that they can get a medical license there, so that you can use cannabis, without any consequences. The police will not be able to detain you when you bring her up.
Can someone tell me more about this?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 19, 2018
myright:
Which bank statement is most acceptable by the school/embassy; company account or personal account?
Personal account of whoever is sponsoring your trip
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 10:15pm On May 19, 2018
theamerican:

Which one?

MY PROPOSED VISA TRANSCRIPT

1. WHY DID YOU CHOOSE CSU?

ANSWER: aside from the fact that CSU's curriculum matches with my desired course, CSU is ranked among the best national universities in the US by USnews and world report. Its engineering program is ranked among the top 200 in the us. Also one the major reason why I choose CSU is because the tuition and room and board charges is guaranteed for fall 2018. Which means there won't be any subsequent charge on those fees. And With this I was able to have a good and proper estimation of my four years course in CSU.( this is stated clearly on the schools website)

2.WHAT WILL THIS COURSE DO FOR YOU?

Answer: As a passionate computer lover, this course will give me more knowledge on how to practise computer. It will equip me with the knowledge on how to solve and fix computer problem. Also considering the fact that this degree is gotten from US it will add more credit to my profile and make me fit and more relevant to compete in the Nigerian market.

WHAT IS YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION?

Answer: Olevel certificate

WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE AND WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING SINCE GRADUATED?

Answer: after my graduation in 2012, I got admission to study computer science in IMO state university. But due to the incessant strike in the school, combined with the incessant Absu strike, and also considering the fact that the course was not well treated in the school , no good research centers. My family and I had to fast track my study in the us. Because if am unable to grab anything in my undergraduate level there won't be anything to master on. (i got admitted to the school in 2014 and dropped in 2016, when the school was on a long period strike due to internal issues with the state govt. and started work as a data analyst in a company where am working till now) and started work at one of my brothers company as a data analyst. That's were am still working now.

3.DID YOU CHOOSE ANY OTHER SCHOOL? COMPARE THE SCHOOLS.

ANSWER: I consider so many schools but I only settled for two. Which is CSU and uhv..the most common things among the schools is that the both are public schools and are tier 2 universities in the us. CSU is a national public university while uhv is a regional west public university. Also the both offer bsc in computer science.

4. WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING AFTER THIS COURSE??

Answer: Considering the fact that the degree gotten from the us is highly respected internationally. This degree will make me more relevant in the Nigerian work sector. So I will be returning home to join the work force in my country. I will be fit to work in different sectors such as Industries, government etc.
Everything I have said here is nothing but the truth. This is also how I listed them on my DS160.
You can criticise my TRANSCRIPT but your contributions and corrections are highly needed boss.

@lagosismyhome
@TheAmerican
@Bigfrancise
@walspring.

pls all the gurus in the house should help me out in reviewing my transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 10:27pm On May 19, 2018
[quote author=dilodavid post=67707112]Personal account of whoever is sponsoring your trip[/quotequote]thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by SPERMANC(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2018
pls are tuition fee charged base on the course you are studying or is it generally the whole school pays the same amount (Cleveland State University)
am going for media arts
@theamerican
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 12:10am On May 20, 2018
learner007:
MY STORY IN FULL!!!

On the back of 5 visa denials (admitted into UBC, Canada and visa denied 3times due to insufficient funds, travel history etc plus Cleveland State University - admitted, no GRE, no funding, denied twice last year) I went to the embassy yesterday. Got there about 5:50am for a 7am appointment. After all the checking in, we got on the queue to be interviewed. Windows 1&2 were not available so we sha couple. A VO was speaking Yoruba to aged applicants, it was really funny grin. Lots of Babcock students were on the queue, all of dem just collecting white paper like kilode Every interviewee had 2 others lined up behind them. The CGI lady sha put me in between 2 queues wen i got to d front. As I tried going to the lady in window 4 in an attempt to avoid a man from interviewing me based on my previous experiences, the lady dragged me back to the guy in window 6. Na so I look up say God Na mercy I need. After he denied the person right in front of me, he beckoned on me. I was like Jesú Klisti ooooooo. Did you mean me or my ancestors grin grin Then the long interview started:

VO: Good mrng how are u?
Emi: i'm fine thank you sir and you
VO: Good, pass me your I-20 and passport
Emi: I did
VO: *typed For long and finally asked* what school are u attending in the USA
Emi: University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign IL
VO:What programme
Emi: Masters in teaching of mathematics
VO: what's your highest level of qualification and what year
Emi: BSC Ed maths...2011
VO: So what have you been doing after NYSC
Emi: Working as a maths teacher and tutor
VO: Did you apply to any other school?
Emi: Yes
VO: What are their names
Emi: UT ARLINGTON, YESHIVA, BGSU
VO:HOw many admitted you
Emi: All 4
VO: Why UIUC?
Emi: UIUC was an easy decision for me because they are very good at maths, the maths programme at UIUC is ranked among the top 20 BEST maths programmes in the USA and also I got a full ride
VO: Did u take any tests
Emi; Yes I did GRE AND TOEFL
VO: What are your scores and let me see ur score sheets
Emi: I responded and did as he requested
VO: What are the things expected of you as a TA
Emi: grading papers, leading small group discussions and stuff
VO: Do you have any back up funding plan
Emi: Yes, I have been saving up some cash for my dream since a long time and my mum is a strong backup?
VO: What does she do
Emi: She is into sales and supplies of building materials
VO; Are you married?
Emi: No
VO: Any kids?
Emi: Not at all
Have you traveled outside Nigeria before
Emi: No, I haven't had a reason to travel until now
VO: I will be approving your visa...two things, first pick up at the circled location and secondly, don't travel without your I-20 or else you are gonna find ursef in the next flight to Nigeria
Emi: I smiled, thanked him and left...I heard everything he said

I thought my interview was gonna be short, but no be so. The guy really drilled me, but I was not tensed at all. He had a super friendly ambience around him. I'm sure he picked few questions from previous denials..eg GRE. If you were on this thread last year, you probably read my denial transcripts under my old moniker 'sshola'. After those denials, I sat back and decided to write GRE and TOEFL and then gun for better schools UIUC and UTA. It really paid off big time. I also decided to be a learner, but a smart one like James Bond (007). Hence my name...learner007. I asked very dumb questions on this platform because I planned to ask my way to a visa approval and people really hit at me but I was trying to be cautious this time around, if u no go, u no know. I want to appreciate a lot of people here. For all visa hopefuls, may you find grace in time of need. My dream has finally come through!!!

Paulbets, walspring, Lagosismyhome, Femi321, Bigfrancis, Scholastica etc

My advice:
1. Dont always follow the path of least resistance, when you do the easy things, life becomes hard but when you do the hard things, things become easy

2.WHATEVER U ARE ASPIRING FOR, PURSUE DILIGENTLY AND DON'T GIVE UP....rest if you must, but DONT GIVE UP!!!

Congratulations!!! Well deserved

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Andybrown101: 1:11am On May 20, 2018
YemmyLeftee:
After the application with school, they emailed me the admission letter and steps on how to pay the enrollment fee. Admission materials like "admission letter, transfer form, financial responsibility statement, intent to enroll form and application for SEVIS form I-20" were also sent to me via DHL. I had paid the enrollment fee already, filled and scanned back the SEVIS form I-20 to them. Then, the next message sent to me was that they will send my I-20 as soon as possible.

Someone already advised me to mail the school to scan the document to me first because of my SEVIS ID and school code......so, I can proceed with the SEVIS fee.

I just wanna know how long it's gonna take them to send it. That's all!!!
ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Andybrown101: 1:26am On May 20, 2018
mathew490:
Congrat
Wow congrat to you; im actually happy with the results and outcome i'm seeing here; never knew such a wonder platform existed. I'm Andy just finished nysc and would like to do my masters program in the US; i have worked my ass out trying but i really dont knw where to start from. please i need directions and help THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:55am On May 20, 2018
Andybrown101:

Wow congrat to you; im actually happy with the results and outcome i'm seeing here; never knew such a wonder platform existed. I'm Andy just finished nysc and would like to do my masters program in the US; i have worked my ass out trying but i really dont knw where to start from. please i need directions and help THANKS
First, read this thread from the first page. Its always better to learn how to fish than being given fish always. Additionally, this post below should help you in achieving your dreams
To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a)www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most common courses, you can start from there b)www.gradschools.com c)www.google.com (you can just type 'msc in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the requirements. Most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the information you need about the exam on the website. You will get adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though, some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and funding opportunities, be very explicit.

Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring (Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall 2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good for you.

If you have any question, drop it here and you should get more than one good answer.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 2:00am On May 20, 2018
Nitta08:

Congratulations!!! Well deserved

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Andybrown101: 2:18am On May 20, 2018
femi312:
First, read this thread from the first page. Its always better to learn how to fish than being given fish always. Additionally, this post below should help you in achieving your dreams

Thanks really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 4:45am On May 20, 2018
myright:
Which bank statement is most acceptable by the school/embassy; company account or personal account?
Bank statement of your sponsor with enough fund to cover your first year in school, I’ll advise you to use the personal one.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 6:30am On May 20, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Bank statement of your sponsor with enough fund to cover your first year in school, I’ll advise you to use the personal one.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 10:07am On May 20, 2018
StarBoy54:
Hello house! Has anyone been admitted into morgan state university?
??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RIchieSuazo(m): 10:08am On May 20, 2018
Pls have got some questions..

1. If i was given a 2 year visa for a 3 years graduate course.. would i have to come back to Nigeria to renew my visa towards the end of my 2nd year??

2. Can i travel to the U.S. with a Pack of ORIJIN and/or Egusi without having any POE issues.. would i have to declare anything?

Happy Sunday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CriticMaestro: 10:26am On May 20, 2018
RIchieSuazo:

1. If i was given a 2 year visa for a 3 years graduate course.. would i have to renew my visa in Nigeria towards the end of my 2nd year??

2. Can i travel to the U.S. with a Pack of ORIJIN and/or Egusi without having any POE issues.. would i have to declare anything?

They do sell egusi and orijin in the u.s so what's the fuss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RIchieSuazo(m): 10:34am On May 20, 2018
CriticMaestro:

They do sell egusi and orijin in the u.s so what's the fuss

That's not the question i asked bro...

Lemme make it bold

Can i travel to the U.S. with a Pack of ORIJIN and/or Egusi without having any POE issues.. would i have to declare anything?

P.s. there's no fuss

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by UzzyBreeze: 10:42am On May 20, 2018
Totally irrelevant posts digressing members attention from educative discourse should try and be avoided. I'm sure we're all adults. Let us comport ourselves and discuss meaningful stuffs.

I don't mean to shake any tables please note. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 10:45am On May 20, 2018
Hello house after i had requested my sponsor to give a statement of account for six months he decided to give me his personal soa here in nigeria with a good inflow and outflow and above the minimum balance my school requested. But the pages are kind of voluminous 621 pages because he runs lots of transactions daily hope i wont have a problem with the voluminous pages?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 10:57am On May 20, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Hello house after i had requested my sponsor to give a statement of account for six months he decided to give me his personal soa here in nigeria with a good inflow and outflow and above the minimum balance my school requested. But the pages are kind of voluminous 621 pages because he runs lots of transactions daily hope i wont have a problem with the voluminous pages?

That is much shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2018
GraceofGodfollo:

That is much shocked

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 11:04am On May 20, 2018
Please your advice is needed not jokes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RIchieSuazo(m): 11:17am On May 20, 2018
sunshineluv5:

His name and account balance should be at the top of the First page.

Dont worry yourself about the volume
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 11:26am On May 20, 2018
RIchieSuazo:

His name and account balance should be at the top of the First page.

Dont worry yourself about the volume
Sure sir he has his name and summary of the account ( start balance, and closing balance) at the front page. While a summary of the total pay in, total debits, and closing balance at the last page.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 11:43am On May 20, 2018
RIchieSuazo:

1. If i was given a 2 year visa for a 3 years graduate course.. would i have to come back to Nigeria to renew my visa towards the end of my 2nd year??

Happy Sunday

1. You don't have to come back to Nigeria to renew your visa.. Heard you can do that at Canada..
I really don't know the process..
Someone with experience can answer you

2. I really dont know abt this but it should be possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:08pm On May 20, 2018
RIchieSuazo:

Happy Sunday
1) You dont have to worry about expired F1 visa in the US so far your i20 is valid. You only need a visa to enter the US if you decide to travel to another country. However, some people renew in canada and mexico

2) This depends on your POE, some POEs confiscate some items while some POEs dont.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 12:32pm On May 20, 2018
please guys where and how am I gonna pay the sevis fee....

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: Omonene031 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.